The Talons of a Dark Heart Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was incredibly sexy and she was his. She crawled back up to him and laid her head against the fleshy bit of his chest. “Sorry to wake you, my dear,” he whispered holding her tight.

“No, you're not,” she teased and he chuckled.

“I think the elixir is cool enough and we are out of mint,” he said as he jumped out of bed to grab the chalice. “Quickly, now, gulp it down.”

Talyis frowned, but did as she was told. The liquid quickly worked its magic and she felt her entire body become heavy. She waited for Novak to climb into bed beside her so that she could sleep close to him.

“Better?” he asked. She nodded. Novak pulled his bride to him. “Sleep, my queen. My queen whom I love.”

“Novak, you are wonderful,” she said as she fell asleep.


***

Talyis urged Novak to take her to her gardens. They walked arm-in-arm through the twisting hedges along the fragrant path. The sun shone brightly, reflecting off their raven heads. Talyis was very strong that morning, she felt confident that the worst had finally passed, but Novak was unwilling to take a chance. She took every opportunity to prove to Novak that she was feeling better while she walked, taking sudden teasing skips away when he let go of her arm, and badgering him for a visit to the stables after their walk.

Novak consented to go to the stables, but only after she promised not to go horseback riding.

“Your Majesties,” the stable master greeted them as they crossed the small green meadow speckled with yellow flowers leading to the stable. “My Queen, we have the horse you’ve requested.” Novak shot a stern look at her but Talyis only smiled and patted his hand as she followed the stable master into the stables.

“It’s a magnificent beast,” the stable master commented. Two stable hands brought a fierce-looking stallion onto the grounds. They tried valiantly to avoid the kicking hooves that jabbed above their heads when the horse reared up. As they fought to control the horse, it screamed violently until the men let it go, dashing back to the safety of the stable gate. The horse ran frantically around the paddock, steam flying from its nostrils. The horse's black mane and coat were shaggy and unkempt.

“Wild,” was all that Talyis could say at her first sight of the horse. “Thank you, kind sirs,” she said and the men snapped their heels and bowed before leaving them to their privacy.

“Novak, I know that your stallion was dear to you and I know this horse cannot replace it.” Her eyes sparkled as she looked at her husband and wrapped her arms around him. “You were a lot like this stallion. I had them find the wildest beast in the land. Look how angry he is. But I know with love and patience you will be able to tame him. You were once like the stallion, uncontrollable, even to yourself. Only your anger and hurt moved you.”

Talyis gently rubbed his strong jaw, and he felt so weak when she placed her small hand in his. She was as beautiful and delicate as a crystal music box. “No longer are you the wild beast. I love you for taming the stallion within. No longer am I the peacock that looks at myself and cares not for the world that surrounds me. But I give my love to you and our people.”

“Talyis,” he said, his throat tight.

“Novak, this is my wedding gift to you.”

“My wife is amazing.” Novak kissed her and they watched as the stallion finally calmed down and began grazing. Novak knew the horse was still distrustful, despite its calm demeanor. The slightest move or sudden noise could throw the horse into a fit. Talyis was right; he had been the stallion. Gareth had thought that he would try to tame the beast Talyis, when in fact she had tamed the real beast, the one within him.

Novak was eager to begin working with the horse, but turned his attentions to his wife; it was still their honeymoon week, after all. Dusk began fall, pink and purple light falling on the flowers and mossy trees. The hummingbirds still darted too and fro searching for nectar.

“Novak, I am so happy,” Taylis said. “I really want you to know that. Please, don’t worry.”

“Talyis, I love you and only want you to be well.”

“I know but please don’t handle as though I'm made of glass.”

“What would you have me do?” Novak looked at her, confused. She held onto his arm and smiled at him.

“Be happy and content,” she responded and then pulled away, lying on the mossy ground looking up into the purple canopy of the tree. “Come here, my love.”

Talyis’s moved her legs like a butterfly beating its wings, taunting him with the modesty of her long skirts. Novak sat next to her, and she pulled his lips to her own. Tears fell from her eyes and she smiled at him. Novak smoothed his thumb under her eyes.

“I am just do—I--” Talyis held on to his wrist. “My heart swells, Novak. Everything is well.” She pushed Novak down to the ground and leaned over him. Kissing him and removing his tunic. She traced kisses down his chest. Novak groaned and relaxed on the moss. She dragged her warm tongue across his nipples, and found it interesting that his body reacted similarly to her own when he did this to her. She straddled his body, rocking her pelvis into his own, giving him a hint of what she planned to do next.

Novak reached up to remove the bodice from her body but struggled with all the ties. “Damned royal garments,” he cursed. At last he was able to loosen her bodice and open her up like a present, tossing the elegant wrapping aside to greedily gaze upon her chest. She fumbled with her own skirts and Novak assisted her as he helped her to undress.

Once naked they felt the warm breeze to glide across their skin. Red and white flower petals floated down from the tree adding to their fragrant bed. Plucking a petal from the ground, Novak dragged it down the center of Talyis’s chest. He brought it to her nose for her to smell its perfume and then used it again for his ministrations.

She hiccupped and her nipples tightened, her arousal obvious. Goosebumps were left in the wake of the petal now swirling around her breast coming nearer and nearer to her nipple so that it hardened even more.

Green eyes full of love gazed at her, he was careful and attuned to her. He kissed her lips deeply, bringing her tongue into his mouth, sucking gently. Her heart raced and she could feel it pound so hard it seemed that it shook her and the earth beneath her.

“Such a tiny thing,” he said as he trailed the little petal over her skin. “You are my beautiful arrangement.”

She giggled, as he settled a single petal on each nipple. She thought by now she must look like a flower arrangement. He gazed down on her, he smoothed her hair back and kissed her as if he had to leave for a long trip not ever wanting to be apart.

He saw a dandelion flower and brought the beautiful whimsical weed to her lips and she blew as the dozen little seedlings floated away into the air.

“Did you make a wish?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Good, because mine is going to come true at this moment,” he said.

Novak pulled a flower from the ground beside them, a simple ruffled tulip. He pulled a few petals and began to drag the petals over all of her special spots. Behind the ear, under the toes, up and down the forearm and then grin as he embolden his experimentation. He let it drift between her legs until Talyis began to squirm and pleaded for more.

Novak grinned slyly and suddenly latched his mouth to her sex. His tongue lapped at her, sucking and nipping. Talyis mewed low in her throat as his attacks made her toes curl. She began to beg for release but he continued to hold her steady. His fingers crept from her inner thigh holding her center before he dipped his fingers into her. His fingers slid in and out, rocking her in a dance.

Talyis yelled loudly, her voice echoed down the green hills. She squirmed back and forth, rocking herself away and towards his pursuits. She sat up and roughly pushed him away from her. He chuckled and then huffed when she fell into him knocking the air out of him. She quickly pulled at his pants ties to release him. His cock sprung up from his pants. She lowered herself onto him and began to ride him. Novak loved to see her above him, her breasts swaying in their rhythm. Her head was tossed back in ecstasy, and he let her have control as she made long, deep thrusts onto his cock, never letting her heat leave him in the cold.

Her strokes became faster; she was so close. He smiled and strummed her clit expertly, making her twitch and squeeze him strongly until she was on top of the mountain, falling, falling over the edge and into him.

She collapsed forward onto his chest, never fully emptying herself of him.

“That was wonderful,” she said.

“You’re wonderful,” Novak returned and kissed her head.


***

Days came and went, but Novak and Talyis felt like everyday was as exciting as the day they were married. Talyis snuggled close to Novak as he read her favorite book to her as he had when they were children. The fire crackled in the fireplace and light danced across the ceiling. She loved how he remembered to do the voices for the different characters. She found herself often taking her eyes from the page as he read and just looked at Novak. His attention was absorbed with entertaining her while he read, but she stared at him as though she never wanted to forget the moment.

His angled face and enchanting green eyes, the way his lips moved with every word. Just looking at him doing a simple thing as read out loud brought tiny tears to the corner of her eyes. She rubbed his arm and hugged it closer to her as she tucked her head against his chest.

“I am so happy,” she whispered and Novak stopped reading glanced down at her. “Go on, read more, please.”

Novak continued reading the fairy tale until he reached the end, then slapped the book closed.

“Why do you love this story so much?” he asked.

“I just do. I love how he changes and their love is so true.”

“But she dies in the end,” Novak pointed out.

“Yes, but it’s the journey and the love that they shared that lives on. It’s true love, Novak.”

“It’s sad.”

“Yes, I suppose it is,” she sighed with melancholy. Novak arched an eyebrow and Talyis just shrugged and kissed his check. “I love you, Novak.”

“I love you, too,” Novak sighed. “I feel bad for the couple in the story.”

“It’s just a fairy tale, Novak.” Talyis dropped her arm over his chest and squeezed him to her, then stretched her body like a cat.

“The villagers love you, Talyis. You have become a great Aricin Queen,” Novak told her.

“I want to visit Umma tomorrow, Novak. I want to get to know her better. She loves you so much, ” Talyis said as she drifted off to sleep.

Novak exhaled loudly purring as he brought his wife closer to him and kissed the crown of her head. Before he himself fell asleep.

In the middle of the night, Talyis woke and couldn't sleep. The last embers glowed in the fireplace and she shivered in the chill. She propped herself on her elbow and watched Novak sleep. She smoothed back his long curly hair from his forehead and traced his face with her fingers. She smiled slightly and pressed her small hand to his chest, her fingers tangling in the small patch of chest hair, she could feel his heart beat under her hand. She leaned over and kissed his face. She didn’t understand why, but tears came to her eyes and she kissed him tenderly. Her heart swelled with a deep love for him, the sleeping man with the emerald eyes. She only wanted him to be happy and know that she loved him so much.

She wiped her teary eyes and stretched her body out to regain her composure. Then a sudden pain racked her body and she screamed and grabbed her stomach. Novak shot awake instantly and grabbed her trembling body to him. Talyis moaned as her back felt like it had been twisted into knots, and her hips burned as if the bones were scraping against each other.

“Talyis?” Novak said, startled. He tried to keep calm as he helped her lay back down.

She screamed again and leaned forward her hands clenched at her stomach. Sweat began to pour down her face.

“Love, please tell me what to do?” Novak smoothed her hair back with shaky hands.

“Get Delia,” she huffed, her eyes glassy with pain. “Please.”

A feral groan fell from her mouth and she clenched her eyes tightly. Novak tossed the blankets aside and dashed out of the chambers to find Delia.

Delia and Novak rushed back in, Gareth following behind with a large pot of hot water. Novak went to Talyis's side, dipping a cloth in hot water and holding the warm compress to her tense muscles.

“Talyis, breathe,” Novak urged, deep concern crested his face. He knelt beside Talyis eager to help in any way he could. “Our baby is coming.” He tried to smile.

Talyis smiled weakly back and Delia placed her body into a birthing position. Novak quickly wet a cloth of cold water to dab at Talyis’s temples and Talyis pressed her hand to his cheek.

“Thank you,” she said in a hoarse voice.

“Novak, give her a bit. She’ll need to push soon.” Delia instructed over Talyis's grunts. Novak placed a piece of wood between Talyis teeth as she grit down. “Push,” Delia said, while massaging her legs. Novak patted the cool cloth to her temples and forehead. Talyis inhaled and pushed.

“Love, you are doing wonderfully,” Novak encouraged and kissed her head.

“Pigeon, I can see the babe’s head, push again, luv,” Delia encouraged, a smile on her face.

Taylis smiled slightly around her bit; exhaustion was setting in. She reached for Novak’s hand and he squeezed hers in reassurance as she pushed again. She grunted loudly as sweat continued to pour from her face.

“Gareth, bring the tub,” Delia ordered. Gareth placed the tub below Talyis’s feet at the end of the bed. Delia knelt down and whispered fearfully, “There is so much blood.” Gareth saw the deep concern his wife had hidden from the Talyis and Novak. He rubbed her back and nodded. “Come on dear, you can do it. One more big push,” Delia said, keeping her voice calm.

Talyis groaned again, spots of light popping behind her eyelids as the sound of a baby's cry pierced the room. Talyis sighed, falling back against Novak’s chest. She dropped the bit and cried happily. Novak rubbed her arms and laughed as his own tears of joy slide down his cheeks.

“It’s a girl,” Delia announced happily as she and Gareth cleaned the baby and swaddled it.

“I want to see her,” Talyis said, and Delia brought the baby over. The baby's light eyes were barely open, but she had long dark eyelashes and red blotches on her pale skin. Her little fingers opened and closed slightly. “She is beautiful, Novak. It's so cold. Novak.”

“You need to rest,” Novak said as he held the baby. Her fingers wrapped automatically around his pinky.

“I want to hold her.” Novak carefully placed their daughter inher arms, and Talyis brought the baby to her breast. The baby latched on and sucked greedily.. “She is so beautiful, Novak. I am so happy, Novak, so happy,” she said as her voice trailed off.

“Our daughter is wonderful.” Novak held his family closer to him.

“Novak, she needs her rest,” Delia whispered after awhile and took the baby from Talyis.

“Novak, I love so much. Don’t forget that I love you,” Talyis said weakly. She snuggled closer to him as tears leaked from her eyes onto his chest and her heart fluttered. She patted his cheek and smiled, her eyes filled with love. “My green-eyed boy.”

Novak's heart stilled and he held the love of his life closer to him, tears spilling from his eyes. He couldn't breathe, couldn’t remember how. He rocked her in his arms. Her beautiful heart-shape face stilled and her almond eyes closed, hiding the brown eyes that had shown him so much love. Novak swallowed and a soundless moan passed through his lips.


Epilogue

The rainy season had thankfully ended and the rose bushes were budding. The wagon wheel rolled over the grainy dirt path as large bunches of roots clinging to dirt with long green leafy steams were tossed into the small wagon. On his hands and knees the man scrounged under the bushes and in between the growing flowers, pulling weeds and tossing them into the wagon.

“King.” Gareth bowed before Novak as he approached.

Novak stood up. He wiped the dirt from his hands and walked to his friend. He smiled through the melancholy that hung over him like a cloud. The friends stood silently for a moment before Novak hugged Gareth.

“Gareth, I am sorry for being so foolish.”

“Nonsense, Novak. We are past it.” Gareth put an arm on his King's shoulder.

“I am sorry I pushed you away,” Novak said.

“Novak,” Gareth said with a smile.

Novak sighed and smiled, “How is Delia?”

“She’s better. The babes run her ragged.”

“Congratulations, three.” Novak said with a smile and patted his friend’s chest.

“Gavik, Ulea and Bojan,” Gareth said proudly, and then sat down beside his friend on the garden bench. “How are you?”

Novak sighed turning to the lovely garden he worked hard to maintain. “I miss her everyday, every moment. It is all my fault. If I had never left her, never ran away from her kingdom…”

Gareth placed a strong hand on his grieving friend’s shoulder, “Novak, Talyis would not want you to talk like this.”

Novak's shoulders shook with stifled tears and he shook his head. “I ruined her, even to the very end it, the last days of her life, I ruined it.”

“Nonsense," Gareth said gently. "She loved you so much. She was very happy at the end of her life.”

“I should have listened to you. We would have had more time to be together.” Novak dropped his head in his hands.

Gareth patted his friends heavy shoulder. “I believe you had to work through it, Novak. You weren’t ready for true love when we first rescued the princess. You had a hard heart that needed her so that it could soften and you could recognize love.”

Tears fell from Novak’s eyes and he inhaled shakily, “I wish she was here. I miss her so much. I wish she could see our daughter grow up. She would have been such a good mother.”

“Little Talyis has grown so much in a year.” Gareth smiled.

“Yes,” Novak said and walked over to the little girl with long curly black hair tumbling whimsically about her as she played with yellow daisies. He picked her up, smiling at her almond-shaped green eyes and kissed her cheek. She cooed and held a yellow flower to his nose. “She is a princess. So smart, too. I am a proud father.”

“She needs you, Novak. Talyis would want you to tell her daughter about love, teach her about the past and the lessons learned. How your love mended both of your hearts.” Novak nodded and kissed his daughter’s cheek. “Delia and I love you too, and we want you to visit us. We all miss Talyis.” Tears gathered in Gareth’s eyes. “The kingdom still mourns with you. We understand.”

“Thank you, Gareth. Talyis’s fairy tale will go on, so that everyone will know what true love is.” Novak vowed, and the little girl giggled raising her little yellow flower to the heavens.

Talyis ran her country with peace and justice when she ascended the throne. She made her decisions with the love her mother would have wanted for her. The tale of Talyis and Novak spread throughout the lands and to far off continents, through the ages of men. The timeless tale of true love which cast down pride, selfishness and risked forgiveness with the lesson to never allow the talons of bitterness, revenge, or men’s strife to divide any heart.

~~The End~~


********************* ***********************

Thank you to PennLady for editing, you are great. Huge thanks to Laurel, too. Thank you dear readers that have helped me though this story with your wonderful comments and encouragement to this beginning writer. Thank you all for waiting patiently for the ending. I put my heart and soul into this chapter and the whole. I was literally in tears writing the last two pages. I would love to see what you think. Please vote fairly. ;-) I know I am taking a huge risk with the ending and it possibly will be bomb voted into obscurity. I know it may not be the ending you were expecting but I could not change it (I wanted to- in tears, I wanted to) but this is the story that the characters wanted to tell from the very beginning. It's been a journey to tell this story and I feel both glad and sad to closed this book.