All Comments on 'The Third Revolution Ch. 08'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
parthenogenesisparthenogenesisabout 9 years ago
Kat can't be permitted to live

"Kat, you dumb bitch," John Reardon said, spinning to face her. He grabbed her by the chin and squeezed hard, then bent forward until his nose was nearly touching hers."Your treachery has cost us the most valuable member of our movement."

He let go of her chin and took a step back. Then he pulled his pistol from its holster, pressed the barrel against her forehead, and pulled the trigger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An exciting story, yet the polemics so far seem sophomoric, sounding like something out of an Ayn Rand novel. Neil Peart took his inspiration for many of his lyrics, such as those quoted in this story ("The Trees") and also "Anthem," "2112", and "Freewill," from Ayn Rand, but Ayn Rand was a psychopath. The whole future world is a strawman. The argument seems to be, either we live with the gross inequality we have now, or we adopt a form of socialism which inevitably leads to another form of gross equality where only the elites in the state have wealth and power. By comparison, the crumbs we get now while the corporate elites compete for the real prize, control of the whole world's resources, wealth, and power, seem like freedom and luxury. But why can't we have some form of socialism that still allows some capitalism, or some form of capitalism that still has socialistic aspects such as defense, justice, and a safety net?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...