All Comments on 'The Velvet Choker Ch. 01'

by johngalt47

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
ohioohioalmost 14 years ago
Good start, could be a powerful story

I guess we have to believe that Bill's guilt about his own affair, and about having lied to cover it up for so long, makes him more willing to accept what his wife is doing.

But it's hard to see this working out well... I don't see how just about any husband (except one with a secret wish to be cuckolded) could handle this situation for very long. I'm eager to see where you take this one!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Yikes

Drama, drama, well she is risking a lot if she really isn't in love. He had a affair and she never came close to getting over it, so I guess he has to try and deal with it. I personally would get a legal seperation and move out and date, but thats just me. I'll keep reading , thanks, but don't make him a total cockold, she needs some pain besides a little guilt, please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Looking forward to Ch 2

Though I have a hard time believing many husbands would accept this, I am curious as to where you are going with this. She can't really respect her husband and continue this. Though I am not always a torch the bitch kind of person, I do hope he investigates and gets some revenge on Mike. He obviously is showing some dominant control over her. It has a lot of potential but I'm probably not going to like where it goes. Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks, Tim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nice start

The story is told very well and I look forward to more. Hopefully the next chapter(s) will be longer.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 14 years ago
Interesting

She already does things for "lover" that she does not do for husband. She can be a slut for "lover"and not for husband. Interesting fantasy. Psychologically flawed, but the what if factor words for you. Rarely does the argument that "You did it, so I can do it" work. One wrong for another et cetera. And the length of time she cut him off from her weighs against her. IF he has any brains, he should quietly be preparing to be ""screwed"" by her and anticipate that and see a lawyer, his banker, his insurance man. Also, he should not have "sex" with her and tell her simply that he will take care of it in his way and not explain -- escort service so he can finally get the sex she never gave him. Also tell her no sex because he does want the chance of STD's from a man she met at a bar. In some ways you What IF has a few holes in it you need to consider. Have fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Interesting so far

The premise of the story is familiar and you can go a number of ways with it. The dialog seems just a bit stilted and I don't get a real feeling for how the characters are reacting to each other. Their feelings and reactions to each other and to what is happening seem to be just a bit superficial, but I realize this is hard to put into words without sometimes going overboard.

I do not think the husband is the kind of personality to just take this lying down. If he does not find out more about who is involved it will not seem to be realistic from what we have read thus far.

Clearly the wife is a closet submissive and if you choose she can be made into a complete slut by her dominant lover. I personally do not like those kind of stories, but will keep reading to see where your story line goes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Another Useless wife and wimp man.

If his anger was real he would be done with her if she would not stop now. Forgive ok.Tolerate continuing why???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Curious

So much potential. I'm curious on what comes next.

<P>

I was surprised that the husband acquiesced so quickly. Not exactly what I would have preferred, but it's not my story and they are not my characters.

<P>

Like a previous commenter said the wife deserves some pain and guilt.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Five stars for the start

I love the drama of this for a first chapter. I think this set of short paragraphs say an awful lot about the normal ebb and flow of a long term married relationship between two people who love one another.

"You're a wonderful lover and I haven't found somebody else, at least not like you mean." She touched his arm. "This is something I fell into; something that's different; something that I need now that's different from what we've got."

"You're punishing me for something that happened a dozen years ago?"

"I'm not punishing you," she said calmly. "This just happened. I didn't go looking for it. It found me. Now, the only way I can get past this is to let it burn out. I know it will burn out just like yours did. Then it will just be us again."

To me that seems just so much like a natural expression of married life. Of course the husband is taken back and upset. It is natural for him to go off for the night and thinkit through. That much is as natural as the wife just falling into the mild dominance of a new guy.

I hope this story goes on long enough to really develop both characters and what they go through during the wifes relationship with her lover. Since I am a happy ending sort of person, I want to see how the author resolves the tension eventually, and I will hope it is a return to the secure committed relationship the couple has with newer understandinngs of each other.

My hopes may not be the author's hopes and mine don't count, of course. I will have to do like everyone else and wait for chapter two.

fregenfregenalmost 14 years ago
Hmmm

A reworking of StormX's "Hypocrite or Cuckold" which was based on Nici's "Something We Have to Talk About?" Okay, maybe the last original story WAS "Romeo and Juliet" except that was also based on a French story.<P>

Bill has cheated first and denied it and the children are out of the house. So, he is going to keep the marriage together because he feels...guilty? Boy, there's a marriage built on a solid foundation! <P>

Why did she tell him? What is she looking for? Approval? As he said he did his best not to hurt her with his cheating. She appears not to be worried so much about him. If she really cared for him she would have kept it a secret. But she wants it both ways - to have an affair and not feel guilty about it.<P>

As in StormX's story there appears to be a D/s relationship between the wife and lover. She appears to be sexually conservative. Want to bet the lover is going to get off on her doing things she never did with hubby? Want to bet he makes sure hubby finds out about it? <P>

Here's hoping Bill does not put up with the bs that StormX's hubby did.<P>

Thanks for sharing

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenalmost 14 years ago
can't say I like it

It's hard to predict where you are going which is a good thing. It also made sense that he would try to let her do this as ohio said because of guilt. But as tough as that was for him say that, living it will have to be so much worse. Also, her selfishness is very unappealing, that she is doing this despite knowing how it would hurt him. I do like your writing especially the details like as she was hugging him saying you do you do, he didn't hug her back. So, while I can't say I like it, I'm interested in where you will take it. And, well done.

rainbow001rainbow001almost 14 years ago
Good Start

Thanks for sharing... interested is seeing where you will take them.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 14 years ago
Hoping

Hoping that this guy has more balls than storms hippocrate story. Yours like his is lacking the hubby demanding details from the wife. His guilt may tolerate the affair to an equal time but where is the revenge on her lover, the conniving interference hubby should throw up, I liked where stormx headed but the hubby wussed out. And, more details would have been appreciated, you'd think that hubby would want to know exactly what she is getting elsewhere and why, especially if he does some spying on her.Do us real men proud! Vengeance on her lover is a must! Like in the "the fourth wife" I look forward to the chapters to follow.

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 14 years ago
Not Sure Yet . . .

First, as one commenter pointed out, this story has been done any number of times. I have read many of your other stories, though, and enjoyed them both for their writing and their twists on common themes. As such, I'm hoping to hell you put a twist on this theme.

Yet, second, I think there are noticeable gaps in this story's characters. Most notably, why the hell did she tell him about her affair? She claims she loves him, claims his lying about her affair hurt her, and so on. Still, he at least had the decency--for want of a better word choice--to cut off his affair when she confronted him about her suspicions. She, though, tells him about it and tells him she's going to continue. Based on this, her protestations of love seem empty. "I love you, baby, with all of my heart. Really I do. I'm going to be banging my paramour silly, though, and you're never going to know when, where, how, or how often. Oh, but don't worry, I won't deny you anything--even though I've been something of a prude most of our marriage, have repeatedly denied you in the past, and you'll never know when I'm not denying you whether you're the first visitor there today." In short, the dialogue doesn't convey her true feelings, motivations, or reasoning.

Third, hubby seems to have missed all of the points I've raised above. Sure he feels guilty about his own affair. Still, he didn't rub her nose in it, and he never left her wondering whether she was getting sloppy seconds.

I will grant you, though, that there's tension aplenty in this story, which is always the sign of a good story. The tension could be heightened, though, if the characters' motivations could be more sharply drawn.

Either way, I will surely follow where you take this, so please don't make us wait long.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
Ditto

The mark of a good story is that you're waiting anxiously to see what happens next. You did it. Now I want to see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Serious Problems

First he has a 3 month affair, now she is involved in one, but they"love each other". I don't fucking think so. The only way they could survive is getting help, she will not, so he leaves. Nope, I cut you off sex, but while I am getting my ass fucked off and making no money you stay, sleep in the spare bedroom and be my bitch, bitch. She never told him he couldn't fuck around, in fact she really doesn't care what he does, just wait around till her passion for this guy dies, ya, fucking right. Guilt is a terrible thing but in this case it will go away quickly, and be replaced by anger and revenge, thats life. I'll read the rest but don't cut his balls off and try and keep it real. Thanks.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Not necessarily DQS....

...wanting to see an author pull themselves out of an unrealistic mess is why I'll come back. In the spirit of another thorn in the side of juvenile writers, are you fucking idiots all completely braindead? Do you really think any man would equivocate the way this guy did? Ohio, do you really think this is good, original and tantalizingly erotic or profoundly romantic and emotionally "moving" stuff? It's already been telegraphed right to one of three possible conclusions. Like too many stories here, it has already relied on an unlikely interaction to achieve continuation status. Fuck this shit. This author has done interesting work, yes, often with people behaving inanely, but this plot is hackneyed and the interaction so fucking like, I don't know,I mean, y'know, like sooooo stupid. Maybe with some fucking background the author could have positioned this more believably, but no one wants to bother with actually writing a story anymore, just set up an unlikely scenario and let it ride, wait for the readers to argue.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Sorry

The husband and wife are both pathetic. I've never understood the revenge affairs. The wife is lowering herself to the level of her cheating husband. Just divorce him and move on. This marriage would never be the same anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

The marriage is dead it died 12 years ago. This couple should have divorced the moment the wife got in the car with the arsehole. Bill is a wimp for accepting such an idea. I don't expect anything else other than a cuckolding and disrespect of the husband in the next chapter by the wife and the lover. She doesn't love him anymore no partner would put their loved one through this nonsense.

kmeyerskmeyersalmost 14 years ago
No way

This marriage is done, tossing it in his face. Nope no way no how

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
pro's and con's

Somehow I think that Nancy is hooked on her lover Mike. I am surprised that Bill is going to allow her this affairs with conditions. Nancy is drawn to her lover and he is dominant with her, something that she is not used to. I think she will do anything for Mike but doesn't realize it yet. Even if she eventually ends the affair I don't think that Bill will ever trust her again and without the trust the marriage will eventually break up. I like this story and find it interesting and quite emotional. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
How sad - no rational man or woman would accept the humiliation

But you do writer - you must need the male humiliation to get excited - that tells us a lot about you - to spend all this time on a sick subject with contorted twisted people.

Not erotic - just sick manipulation by a sick mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
unrealistic crap

and the real problem here is that everyone, including the author knows this. Why do you evrn bother writing something so ridiculous? There is nothing at all similar about having an affair behind someone's back, and forcing some to put up with your affair, and author, if you want to pretend for even a minute that you think there is, then you're just a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
men lose respect for you as writer

cockold writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
as many have said

This has been done before MANY times and much better than you did it. The LW regulars hit the nail with their comments and you should propably listen to them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
OMG

Why do people feel they have to diss a writers choice of story? Freakn get a life!!!!!

If the subject (in this case cuckolds) or any other subject, doesnt tickle your fancy or ring your bell, FFS go to another story genre!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
why not take it for face value ?

and see what this author comes up with. I hope it's not a copy of another story where the husband bought his wife 3 different coloured glass chokers (mouth,pussy and ass) so he could see hat had happened that day and wasn't taking sloppy seconds. He would also only have sex with her if she was clean for 2 days. Unfortunately the wife was so much into her affair, there wasn't even time for the husband with the culminating week she went on vacation with her lover. Now here, the fact that she confessed because she expected some actions from her lover may be where this story could be different. Let's wait, see, and give the author some credit for now. It's a story after all, and it happened before that a different version was equally good or better.

incestor007incestor007almost 14 years ago
Same plot again,

You are using the same plot which have been used so many times before, You can hardly do somthing new now, because he is agreed now, and after this chapter whatever your output is it will be similar to any previous,

I also read stormX Story "Cuckold or Hypocrite" I never read any of his story after that, then my friend told me he has written other stories of non-wimp husbands, then i read those also again dissapointed, he chose completly one side Completly cuckold or Kill the bitch no chance no explanation.

Now what ever you do, he let her continue and she came bcak to him it is same story as before, if she chose lover it is same story again, see? you have no choice. Once he let her continue there could be only already result. I hope you have something different in mind. And you must. Otherwise your fan-list is going down to only Cuck-Fantasy-Lover. In any case she comes back to him or not he becomes wimp, the very first time she fucked after confession. So take steps carefully. And I dont believe she loves him, he is just a back-up for her, for her future old-age-days.

Personally when she said she wanted to continue her affair, I would have ended my marriage right there, you can forgive for mistakes but letting your spouse do this to you is something called permanent damage, because it plants a insecurity in you forever, not for infidelty only but about how much she cares about you feelings. he was right she could have keep it secret and then asked him for forgivness, But after only one statement that she wanted to continue, she made her marriage irrecoverable. YOu cant argue with someone like her, Thats why someone once said " You dont argue with idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with their experience" So you cant win. They both are speaking different language. So in my point, there is Reconcile possible now, unless she stops before doing it first time after confession. Yes they will reconcile only if he has some secret Cuck-fantasy in his mind.

bigchefwaynebigchefwaynealmost 14 years ago
I am looking forward to the next chapter

Two questions emerge - (1) What is Mike going to make her do that she feels that she must admit to her affair now? (2) When does the velvet choker appear and what will it symbolize?

katibkatibalmost 14 years ago
Emotion

Like the story; like the plot with its potential for deep emotional conflicts--something lacking in most Loving Wives offerings. Eager for more.

Now, a quibble. Take this sentence that appeared right at the beginning: "As the manager of a software development group for a major consulting company, the last two months of work had required a lot of traveling." Ask yourself what is the subject of the sentence and what modifies it.

Where is Lit's editor?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 11 years ago
On reading the comments

I read this story when it first came out, all three segments, and I seem to recall being disappointed that it ended abruptly and unfulfilled. Life is like that, of course.

Velvet #1 came back up this am on a Random and I skimmed through once again and decided to read the comments; some of the serious LW authors pitched their pennies in the fountain. What I didn't see anyone consider is a simple sentence I noticed when Nancy ruminated with herself after Bill stormed (no X pun intended) out for the night.

Nancy sat at the table as she heard his car drive off. "That didn't go too well," she thought. . . . . "I needed to do it because of what I think Mike is planning. . . ."

Clearly there is a foreshadow here that must drive the direction of the story. I think I recall some exhibitionism in future chapters and Mike specifically involving Bill. Why would Nancy agree to the terms she does later in this chapter if she has premonition that what she agrees to will be violated?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Wow I know this story is fiction & yet one of it's characters has pissed me off.

This author must be pretty good... well so far.

theFBReftheFBRefabout 11 years ago
never understand

WHY why would any man agree to that ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Accepts himself as a chucky

To tell your husband you are going to continue having your affair.and he accepts it. Makes this a non story.another chucky writer?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So, not badly written

But my problem with this is the husbands reaction. He's agreeing to be a cuckold. And he's agreeing to an unlimited time frame for his wife's cheating. She is right in his face about it. At least with his affair he didn't rub it in her face. I think it's fair, since she hired someone to find out about him, that he hires someone to find out about her lover. At this point, he seems pretty spineless. Not good. We'll see.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
Nice start.

Can't imagine needing two more chapters. BF gave her velvet choker and that was the game breaker?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Really

A man would agree to be a cuckold? What kind of wife would ask this of him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yukkk

Can't read any more of this garbage. I'm giving it a 1 and that's being generous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
As soon as she asked

Permission for her affair the marriage was effectively over. Why continue to write? He will go find someone new and fall in love. End of marriage. But before its over I would burn the bastard and the birch so far into the ground they would never continue. A very lonely excuse for the calculated affair. PI here we come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

1* - pathetic wimp

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Never, never, never. He just lets her do it because he discreetly fucked around 12 years ago, didn't humiliate her by bringing it up and was doing it 400 miles from home? Bull shit. He'll never get over it, he'll never be the same with her, their marriage is over except in LW RAAC world on Literotica.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

I don't like it. 3 stars, because the guy is a cuck and a cheater. Sorry. The Bear disapproves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Two truly fucked up people. I could not read past when she hired the PI to investigate her hubby.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous