All Comments on 'The Way Back Ch. 05'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
theanalisttheanalistabout 10 years ago
Even though a part comes out daily,

waiting for it is killing me...

OverstarOverstarabout 10 years ago
Coming along nicely

I like what I see so far, the story is definitely moving along pretty well and I'm anxious to see more chapters.

Sidney43Sidney43about 10 years ago

Very much enjoying the tale. Looking forward to the snake in the grass getting his head chopped off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice story

You tell a great tale, like telling stories at a fireside.

Keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you so much...

for writing the story first and then publishing it on successive days! So much better than writing a story a chapter at a time and then making readers wait for sometimes MONTHS to read the next chapter. Keeps the interest and the memory of the story fresh.

I have one small observation, though.

Although women can visualize themselves as being willing to see past the ugly facade into the beautiful interior of a man, I don't think it happens quite that way. I've known men who were intelligent, accomplished, kind, and... well, overweight, or of only medium stature, or of only so-so looks, and truthfully the women never saw past their physical shortcomings. They were lonely men, and even women who were no great shakes themselves wouldn't give them the time of day.

In short — the notion that your main character Allen, beaten, scarred and ugly, would appeal to these young, beautiful women needs a certain suspension of disbelief!! HAHA!

Nevertheless, a rousing tale; intense, with sympathetic characters that I look forward to reading each day. Thanks for going to all of the effort that it takes to write a short novel length story!

Postscriptor

FindmywayFindmywayabout 10 years ago
Storytelling

You have created a wonderful story and your ability to provided needed details without going overboard is wonderful. I love the story and can't wait to see how this all plays out...with all parties involved - kids, girlfriend's, ex-wife and friends.

I also like that the story is done - with new chapters coming out daily. I setting my alarm 30 min earlier so I can read the next chapter before I start my day!

gravyruggravyrugabout 10 years ago
The bad thing

is that I started reading when it was only half-finished, and now I have to wait for the next installments. Well done, having legitimate story reasons to string out the suspense.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
5*

Great story so far. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I would hope that Derek gets his due, and allan and ann are reunited.

john1946john1946about 10 years ago

Definately a first class story......looking forward to the next bit

bibble36bibble36about 10 years ago
Amazing

Fucking amazing story,nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow!

Must say, I've not seen this before but this chapter is great and I will read the whole series. And I'll keep my eye on this talented author. 5*s

Tootsall222Tootsall222about 10 years ago
What A ...

SUPERB story! Will be on tenterhooks waiting for the next instalment(s).

5*

doodlesdaddoodlesdadabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hurry!!

Hurry I just read it all this morning and I had no idea it wasn't finished. I hate waiting. Don't drag me out too long

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Outstanding Story Telling

The conflict elements continue and we do not know whether he wants Jenny or Ann?

Whether Derek was really the moving force. Even whether Ann is innocent. Lots of fun still ahead for us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
yeah

You have spun an excellent story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loving it

five stars. Can't wait for the big confrontation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

Very well written indeed.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Excellent and Exciting.

Such an enjoyable and absorbing read. Enough said. Onto the next chapter.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Really good

I know I say a lot of negative comments, but I think they go where they belong. This story is not one of them.

A really great yarn, well told and well written. Just a few silly mistakes which is allowable, unless you are perfect like me. :)

Just felt I had to leave a comment as this story is too good and I hated that no-one had commented.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

I like this story, but I keep finding Allan to be a quite despicable character in the way he has previously treated his children and in how he is currently treating his ex-wife, or I should say - the blame he is hurling on her for being obviously duped by Derek. I mean, it's FUCKING OBVIOUS. It was obvious by like chapter 2 or chapter 3. I know that this is somewhat a limitation of the story teller here, but it rankles me that everyone has been so thick until they had solid evidence. Oh well, I guess we'll be able to go, "FINALLY YOU THICK IDIOT!" when he finds out the truth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES