The Widowmaker Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I haven't looked yet, I might find something to do but I just might stay in and rest up. I don't have to be anywhere until Wednesday morning, but I just don't know if I feel like doing anything tonight," she told Greg, thinking she felt her nose grow a couple of inches.

"Nope you're not going to do that, your going to fix yourself up and find yourself something to do to bring you out of your funk. I don't want you sitting there all by yourself feeling bad. I really wish I could be there with you now. I could bring a smile to your face!" Greg said grinning.

"I know you could. And okay I will find something to do and kick my heels up a little and see if I can put this behind me. I just can't believe I'm taking advice from an old goat!" she said smiling.

"That's the spirit! Now go swing from a chandelier or run necked down main street, just don't sit there feeling bad. When you feel bad it makes me feel bad. And when we are so far apart, and there is nothing I can do to cheer you up or make you feel better, it just kind of pulls at me. I just want you happy Darla. When you're happy, I'm happy."

"Well you might be an old goat, but you're my old goat and I love you so very much," she told him feeling very close to him at the moment.

"I love you to Darla. I just wish we had more time together, but I realize that we both have very important obligations to consider. Some day soon we will be able to slow down and live the good life together before we are too old to enjoy it," Greg said feeling a little misty himself at the moment.

"I'm really looking forward to that also 'Big Guy,'" she said using the nick name she had given him just after they first met. Greg was a big man, but he was big in more ways than one which led her to giving him his special nick name.

Greg laughed a hearty laugh on the other end of the phone when she used 'Big Guy.' It meant she felt better and he was glad he had been able to cheer her up.

"Look, we are almost to the airport, so I need to cut this short. I will call you as soon as I can, but if you need anything you know where to call and they will get the message to me. Just go out and enjoy yourself and have some fun," he said to Darla.

"Okay lover, you be careful and I will talk to you soon. I love you Greg."

"I love you too Darla."

Darla closed her phone and sat there thinking about her husband. How did she ever end up with such a fine man? She had never thought in her wildest dreams that she would end up with a man as handsome, caring and loving as Greg. If they only had more time together, he would be the one scratching her itch when it came knocking at her door. She just could not understand why she could not be satisfied with what she had, when she had it.

That was the problem. They were hardly ever together for any great length of time. Neither one of them could complain though. Their combined salaries and bonuses put them into the seven figure bracket, and they did not want for anything, other than more time to be together. But that would come soon enough. Old man Danley had said so himself. He had promised to see to it that both Darla and Greg would come off the road and have a place in the company to keep them home. She had given a lot of thought to children and had decided that she wanted to have at least one. One beautiful child that could be doted on and have the finest of everything without being a spoiled brat. She realized that with her genes and Greg's, it would have to be a fine child.

The Danley Technologies Houston office main server had thrown up a flag indicating that something was amiss. All operations in specific areas would be shut down until what was flagged was sorted out. Bill Baker was sweating this one out. Greg Ritter was never sent unless it was something of a serious nature. Bill ran the server farm at the Houston office, and when he was notified of the flag, and the seriousness of the nature of the flag, he had almost felt sick as he had picked up the phone to let the main headquarters in San Diego know of its existence.

He had followed procedure and ran the program to make it look as if there was some kind of glitch in the system, and had told all employees to just sit tight, that they were working on getting the system back up. This of course would keep them in the dark as to what was really going on. There had been only a short time before the end of the work day anyway, and all had been told to call in before coming in tomorrow morning to see if the system was up and usable. Without the system nothing could be done. If it wasn't up and running yet, they would have a day off with pay to enjoy at their leisure.

This was really designed to get a team inside covertly to see just what had exactly happened. If it was an insider it helped to make the insider feel safe as to what might be going on and keep them working at whatever they were trying to do. Corporate espionage, especially in this type of business, was a very lucrative business. One small bit of information could bring in millions to a competitor and thousands to the corporate spy. There had been many attempts, but very few successes at Danley Technologies over the years. Their security was tighter than anything in the industry, but it had to be.

Danley Technologies had been in the forefront of security for the Government in setting up their security for the systems concerning many of the covert agencies dealing with the security of most of the entire world. The CIA, NSA, the Justice Department and FBI to name a few come to mind. But Danley's was more secure than any of them. It had to be to keep ahead of the game. Not only had they been involved in the workings of setting up the protection, but they also had access to the workings involved. This made the day to day involvement a high risk factor to the company, making things complicated, yet giving them access to things that a competitor could only dream of. This is what Greg Ritter's job consisted of. He made sure that what was not known stayed that way. Darla didn't even know that his job entitled him to the knowledge that he had.

Darla took her time preparing for her night out. She drew a hot bath in the Jacuzzi tub and added the vanilla bath oil that she so loved. As she removed her clothes, she thought of her night out and what she might do. A night out to forget her troubles would be nice, but the memory of Randy still plagued her mind. Why did this bother her so much? Why could she not get past this incident and let it rest?

Once the bath was drawn, and she settled into it, her worries seemed to fade away, at least for a while. Her mind became a blank as she settled into the bath and became numb to its ministering. All thoughts of anything became a blank veil. Relaxing in the tub was all that mattered for the moment, and it sent her to a land far away from where she was. She wanted Greg to be with her now, but knew it was an impossibility. She wanted to feel him wrapped around her, and wanted to taste him on her tongue. She wanted to feel his stiffness push into her as only he could do, and revel in the feeling of him as he did.

She loved him as only she could do, but was that enough? She wanted him to have her always at anytime he desired, but that was an impossibility. Why did it have to be this way? Why could she not have him to herself anytime she wanted? These were the same thoughts that came to her every time she was not with him. She just had to suffer through the time until she could be with him always, and make the best of it until that happened. Tonight she needed her itch scratched, and she would find a way for that to happen at the Drake . . . .

To be continued . . .

********************************************

12