All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 21'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sorry to hear...

Starting off, another great chapter, I really enjoy your writing! Thanks.

2nd Bob I hope the doctors can find out what is going on, and provide you with options for care that will improve your health and bring you back to a healthy you.

Hope your headaches go away and you are up and around soon.

-this may sound hypocritical/silly, and anonymous will get another bad name for its self... but,

Bob, God loves you and I think God can heal you, miracles happen that modern medicine can't duplicate... I'll pray for you Bob best of luck with the doctors, I think you should pull a Pattie on them.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Good luck !

I wish you to be better soon !

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

Thank you for another great chapter. Your fans will be still here when you come back.

I hope you get better quickly.

ncpetencpeteover 9 years ago
Thanks Bob

I have read everything you have posted here since your first post. Your story telling, imagination, humor, and continuous character development and interaction on such a human level, have made the stories take on a life of their own. When you post a new chapter it always puts a smile on our faces, and will do so until you decide it is done. Take care of yourself. Whether it takes a month or six months for you to feel better and be able to post again, we will all be happy to see it when it comes. Your health is what is important. Sometimes life gets in the way of our best laid plans. Get well soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
HEALTH

PLEASE GET WELL @LISTEN TO WHAT THEY TEEL U

GODSPEED

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
P_D, I want to express my sympathies for your health problems

As for the story, jocular sex and impractical jokerry amidst flurries of verbal sparring and emotional confusions. Whats not to love?

Okay, I can tolerate with mild bemusement, the wild and whacky unscientific fantasy you got going in this story. Those inventions pf your imagineering are no more unbelievable then flying unicorns farting rainbows and pissing wine.

And there is certainly no reader/writer more hostile towards the dead religion of Academic English, than I am.

P_D, Please talk to some real scientists and engineers. You are confusing the price of goods with the value of consumption. Without an Education in the Liberal Arts, what purpose is there for accomplishing anything? Are we not more than the sum of our parts?

The Universe is fractal and monotonous. It does not exist to confirm our self-righteous belief in our innate entitlement. But rather existence provides possible, though improbable, sentients with the opportunity to invent new questions.

If we do not know the past or make no effort to understand the present, how will we ever recognize the future?

I recently did a book review on Amazon for Pamela Sargent's "Ruler of the Sky". A Historical fiction depicting the life of Genghis Khan.

To quote me: "There is not a modern Eur-Asian military strategist who does not ask themselves the burning question, 'What would Genghis Khan do in this situation?'

Do you really believe that students in the China's and the Korea's, Japan and India do not get taught their classical literature?

The Arts and Sciences are as intertwined as DNA. One does not exist without the other. Just consider the concept of perspective. The number of physicists and mathematicians who are also skilled musicians and other artists.

I understand the hostility towards educators. They make easy scapegoats for our society of Eugenics inspired Racial Social Darwinism and the monolithic Corporate Socialist State.

Try this POV. A few years ago, a friend gifted me a new printing of the original version of "Moby Dick".

Yeah, I know. We were all forced to read the dreary censored versions in school. Of course, most us just used the Cliff Notes or the movie to write our book reports.

However, when I read the reprint of the original version as written by Melville. I discovered a wonderfully brilliant, subversive comedy of terrors. A rich tapestry of history and sailing. Complex characters and exciting action.

We cannot restrict education to just training people to be a passive audience of obedient consumers and mindless cubicle drones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Get well

I'm truly enjoying this story. Hope you get well soon and can continue it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
get well soon

Great story as always! get well soon.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 9 years ago
I'm sorry to say...

that I found this, as good as it is, to be your weakest chapter thus far - and by a wide margin.

However, your health issues and painful headaches are an adequate explanation for the cause of this anomaly. I too am one who had been intimately familiar with pain in the extreme (kidney stones and migraines both), so I understand what going through either of those things distracts and detracts from one's other efforts.

Please concentrate on your health, and leave more writing until later. We will all benefit, you most of all, from the break until you are again well.

God speed and good health.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

just get better and yes your health is more importent

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

get better....that is the only thing that matters

art1972art1972over 9 years ago
Better

only thing that matters is your health, get better, and good luck.

imsbillyimsbillyover 9 years ago
Get well soon.

I pray for your full recovery. As I have said before, you are a great writer and I would love to find the finished product of these in book form. That being said, your health has to come first. I can only hope to write as well as you someday.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
sorry about your health...that would explain

this so-so chapter( I couldn't give it the usual rating).

Dear PD10, I hope all will be well and that soon, you will be better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Two things:

1) Don't worry about the negative comments, someone always wants to pee on the birthday cake. Loved the Chapter, if you can't deal with any typos or whatever caused you to rain on Bob's parade in the public forum. Then you don't deserve to read his work. Turn in your fan card and go away!

2) Take care and be well. Listen to yourself and the Dr.s. Get another opinion if you think that is needed. And those of us who pray, pray for Bob, his friends and family and those in the medical community who will be caring for him. Vaya con Dios my friend.

Love your writing and the style.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sorry to Hear You're Not Feeling Well!

Hey, my friend, take all the time you need to get back to a healthier you. Getting older is a bitch, and part of that is the amount of time it takes to get over even the smallest of maladies in comparison to when we were much younger. I slept wrong on my right shoulder and it still hurts when I move it the wrong way after three weeks! Don't do anything to make things worse (like a certain character in your story did) and listen to the professionals--that is why they get paid the big bucks.

There seemed to be a lot more punctuation and grammatical errors this time around, as others have noted, and a couple of times you shifted perspective and had Gordon narrate his sections in the first person before shifting back to third person narrative--which can be confusing if you don't follow things closely. But, again, these are minor things compared to the overall enjoyment of the story itself. And be careful how far you go with the sixteen year olds; We don't want Literotica censoring your work because of the age barrier, now do we?

And who cares how right or wrong you are about the scientific principles in this story. Some of the best writers of science fiction knew that what they were writing about is improbable but they still made you believe that anything is possible--that is what good writing is all about.

I also have to agree with another of the comments about knowing the past in order to understand the future. Too many young members of society nowadays ignore what came before them at their peril. They are complacent and ignorant and would wither and die if they are faced with a situation that might disrupt their harmonious present. People don't care that they have their freedoms because of the sacrifice of those that came before--they are reaping the benefits without the knowledge of what it takes to have those benefits. Look at what is popular in culture right now and you will understand what I am talking about--who cares about what is popular and how many friends you have in cyberspace? I only wish people would realize what is really important because it will be too late if it continues the way things are (look at what is already lurking out there)!

But damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead. Get back on your feet as soon as you can and I will read the next chapter when you are good and ready to give it to us. Peace be with you, my friend.

Roger.

tomscardstomscardsover 9 years ago
on the technical aspects

I was watching something on "the science channel" this past week, and they were talking about space travel.

The big thing for space out side of our solar system was the huge amount of radiation that would be bombarding the craft.

Their answer for it was a thick layer of water surrounding the craft.

They were saying fusion for a power source, but that it would not enable them to get the speed they needed, even with "hibernation".

And some scientest are working on wormholes now.

So a lot of what you have talked about is being done in one form or another.

I was wiping tears out of my eyes on the drugstore part----too funny.

Was upset that it took so long for this part to come through. Now I am upset at my being selfish.

I came through prostate cancer with good results two years ago. Get rechecked every 6 months, and nothing further to be found. Do what the doctors tell you to do. {And you could dictate the story and have someone type it out for you. lmao.}

Get well so we can enjoy more of what you do so well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Get well

Love your work. As a 57 year old who just finished a round of radiation for an eye tumor, I sympathise with you and will pray for you. Get well soon, your health is more important than the story.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 9 years ago
Get Well Soon!

Thank you for your dedication to your writing. You have given us many hours of pleasant reading. I hope to see you back in print soon.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
Bob, best wishes to you and yours on a speedy recovery.

I know how illness causes ripples into every aspect of your life. Take a lesson from Even, and follow the instructions pf your docs and care givers regarding your activity levels. If the docs, or more importantly, your body, say that it is time to rest, don't argue. Just rest. You will heal more quickly and effectively when you rest. Believe me, as I have been a resident of the "body and fender shop" more often than I care to contemplate.

Your stories are great. You, yourself, are much greater. Take care of the self, and everything else will follow.

Again, best wishes for a quick and total recovery,

Mike

DMaster_14DMaster_14over 9 years ago
Get Well Soon

Your writing is incredible and you need to get better and focusing on your writing may help with your recovery. Feel better and take the time you need to heal. You will be in our thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Speedy Recovery

Sorry to read about your health problems. I thoroughly enjoy your stories. Especially, the interconnection of characters from your different stories.

As much as I enjoy your stories, I would rather hear that your headaches are gone and you are jumping for Joy (or whatever her name is).

Get well soon.

A fan

Tjay4PlayTjay4Playover 9 years ago
Best of Luck

Both on diagnosing and treating whatever is ailing you.

All of your fans will be waiting when you feel well enough to return to writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another 5/5

Get well soon, all the best to you. ram

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

All the best get well soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hoping for a speedy recovery

Thanks so much for your stories .You're in my prayers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good luck

Good luck with you health . . . wishing you well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
think you spent A wee bit to much time out in the pasture lmfao

Your father is 14 ½ inches long, and nearly 10 inches wide.Did the bull kick you in the fucking head when you tried to measure his cock for him

SteverenosSteverenosover 9 years ago
Great Story- worth the wait. Get well soon

Get well soon. Enjoying the story it is awesome

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story until the final "note"

This is a great story, which has kept me going for 21 parts, which must be a record for me on Literotica.

As Jennifer would say, "just you make sure that you get better."

You cannot let us all down now, when lift-off is so close. Best wishes on your health. I hope the Florida medics look after you well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
10 INCHES ???

I LOVE THE ADVENTURE, BUT, WHEN YOU START IMAGINING ENORMOUS BODY PORPORTIONS, YOU ARE MOCKING YOUR OWN SERIOUS WORK.

14 1/2 inches long and 14 inches in diameter, keep in mind that a regulation NBA Basketball is 10 inches in diameter. PLEASE, dream on with the space adventure, but, leave human anatomy in the realistic "human" dimensions.

I gave every chapter 5 stars and will likely will continue.

MAY YOUR MEDICAL ISSUES BE RELIEVED SO YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR ADVENTURE.

styxlover45styxlover45over 9 years ago
Waiting for more

I hope you will get healthy soon because I check every day in hopes of seeing your work in the new stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Get better. Prayers your way.

Love your stories. Mark

teedeedubteedeedubover 9 years ago
You're a sick fuck

make no mistake about it. Entertaining, yes, but........

take your pills and keep writing. Or, don't take the pills. Just keep writing......

JipsyJipsy6 months ago

I pray you have found out the problem with your nerves. I hope, since it has been a few years that you have overcome it and you are well and healthy again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...

SIMILAR Stories