All Comments on 'There Once Was a Highwayman'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
You've Done It AGAIN!!!!

Sir Ronde - - -

Again, I say, you are a most accomplished wordsmith. I sense in your work a significant measure of effort in that you most definitely researched the era in which you have cast your characters, perhaps not unlike the methods and extent once employed by the late Louis L'Amour.

Your story is excellent, and to paraphrase one of Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry episodes, "YOU MADE MY DAY!!"

Thanks for the great story.

Boswell

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
The page 3 is redundant.

voted 5

gappergapperalmost 20 years ago
great!

Great story telling. you develope the story and characters well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Wonderful!!

I have read historical romance for years and this story ranks up there with the professionals! You not only created wonderful in depth characters but you gave the reader a true feel for the era in which the story took place. Keep up the great work!!

sarbear23sarbear23almost 20 years ago
Fabulous!

That was really great, the tone of your story was awesome. I liked the plot and character development, it was an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Everyone needs a little romance in their life

Classic "lite" erotica... I think you would enjoy "The Surrender of Lady Charlotte" by Lizbeth Dusseau. A bit more hardcore but the chivalry is the same.

Thank you for sharing....

jakkjakkalmost 20 years ago
YEP RONDE DONE IT AGAIN

I HAVE READ SEVERAL STORIES FROM THIS WRITER AND LOVE HIS WORK TRUE ROMANCES AND GREAT STORY TELLING. ALL WOVEN TOGHTHER WITH REALISTIC CHARACTERS MAKE THEM WELL WORTH THE READ. "JAKK"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Wow!

Not at all what I expected. What a jewel of a story! I absolutely like the style as well.

OleTroubadorOleTroubadoralmost 15 years ago
Well Done!

Ye truly ha'e the gift of gab. 'Tis the character development and the smooth flow of story plot that entrances me. Keep on, ye highwayman!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A rollicking good tale

loved it from beginning to end - what a spirited girl she is - pity she didn't castrate Percival - well done - as always you tell a good yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Should have explained away the highwayman career

Thats the only thing lacking in this tale. Some white-washing explanation why Ashton became a highwayman.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123about 10 years ago
3

Well written. I really like Elaine.

But there was a lot to disappoint me. First, we get a very vivid description of the kinky fucking in Percival's study. But only a strong implication that Elaine and Ashton have shared anything other than a chaste kiss.

For a romance, it wasn't very romantic. We don't see any of their falling in love, only know that they do. It felt kind of like you had a very good idea of what you wanted for the story for 1/2-2/3 of it, but after Percival's chased them down, you just slapped a trite ending on it and called it a day.

Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
FANTASTIC!

BRILLIANT STORY.

mommylovestoreadmommylovestoreadover 6 years ago
I wish you were still writing

Another great story. You have a great talent that I am very grateful you shared. Just because one enjoys reading erotica doesn't mean one necessarily wants to read four lettered words every other word.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
A Strong Second to that Wish.

Greatly enjoy all of the stories we are fortunate to have from this writer.

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990almost 6 years ago
Not long enough!

I really liked your character Elaine, then Ashton.

Why was there so much focus on the BDSM?

When there was almost zilch/zero sex between Elaine & Ashton?

I thought this was a romance?

Seems like the BDSM was indulged for the shock, did its purpose, but then nothing else.

The story could have been so much better with some sweet sex between the main characters.

Well written though.

Thank you for your story.

cruisewestcruisewestover 4 years ago
Good Romance!

What an interesting tale. You had me when you described the machinations of Percival. Oh what a bore! The hero, who was our highwayman, got the girl. Very nice indeed and you wrote it well with plenty of action and suspense! I will read more of your works.

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

While this was not what I expected, from the category, it was very well written. I think it could have been about twice as long, to build up the depravity of the despicable scoundrel. The escape and danger aspects coyld have been beefed up. Still, I greatly enjoyed it as an 'adult fairy-tale', enough to favorite it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

All the good stories you've posted this year, just had to dig deeper into your works. Loved this tale! 5.0*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Great story full of wonderful characters!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2414 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories