They Walk Among Us Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

"It seems we are having company after all Fraulein," he said and then backhanded her across the face.

The two Germans moved to the front door and went outside, closing the door behind them. Hans looked around into the woods but saw nothing that looked suspicious. Gruber on the other hand, was staring at a small path that led deeper into the woods. The scent was unmistakable -- he had finally found the Dvorska's.

"You can come out now. I mean you no harm Dvorska, all I want to do is talk to you for while," Gruber whispered into the darkness.

Out of the darkness, the large wolf slowly walked towards the two men. Hans only knew that they were looking for the Dvorska's and raised his rifle up to his shoulder. Gruber quickly grabbed the weapon and forced it down.

"No Hans, we don't want any harm coming to Mrs. Dvorska, besides, your weapon is ineffective on werewolves," he told him.

"A what!" he said in astonishment.

"A werewolf my dear Hans, well, actually the correct term for you my dear is wifwolf is it not, because a she-wolf is one that is not yet married. You see Hans this is a female and is exceedingly rare among her breed. I have been searching for you for sometime now. I'm curious, Marta isn't it -- does your husband know what you are? I wonder what your son will say, when he finds out that his mother is a monster. A genetic freak of nature," Gruber said.

Gruber stepped down off the porch and walked a few steps towards the beast. When he did, the wolf let out a low, deep growl.

"Now, now Mrs. Dvorska there is no reason for such behavior. All we want to do is help you, along with your family. My associates back in Berlin could use someone else with your unique -- how shall I put this -- abilities," Gruber told her.

Once again she growled at the SS Major, but he showed no signs of backing down. Hans on the other hand was visibly trembling at the sight of the large beast. Gruber started to slowly circle around her, which caused her to display her large canine teeth and move farther out of the woods.

"I'm sure you are aware that your actions are no cause for me to be alarmed Mrs. Dvorska. You know what I am, and for that very reason, you are hesitant about attacking us. You know that if you do I will be forced to kill you, and then I'm left with just your son. We would rather have both of you," Gruber told her.

Marta Dvorska knew she had to act soon; the Major wouldn't wait much longer. In an incredible burst of speed she launched herself towards Hans. The movement was so quick that he didn't have time to protect himself. She hit him with such force that they smashed through the front door and came to a rest by the screaming family.

When Marta looked down, she saw that she crushed the German's chest. With him out of the way it was one on one, but the odds were still in his favor. When she looked back up at the screaming woman, she saw her face full of fear but was staring at the doorway. Marta moved just before the larger black wolf hit her. Since Gruber missed his intended target he ended up smashing the table that Titiana was strapped down to.

Seeing her chance, she bolted out the front door to the clearing and quickly turned around. Within moments the massive black wolf appeared at the opening and snarled with a vengeance. Marta knew what was coming and waited for it. Suddenly the black wolf, who moments before was SS Major Gruber, launched himself through the air. Marta joined him in the action, and in a split second they collided in midair.

Since he was larger than Marta she took the brunt of the collision as they crashed to the ground. Now that she was on her back, she knew that she was in a seriously compromising position and tried to sink her teeth into the muscular neck. When Gruber howled out in pain, she pulled back roughly, tearing a large chunk of meat loose.

Gruber returned the painful act by slashing the smaller wolf's shoulder. Even with the new injury, she was able to flip onto her paws and lunge herself on top of Gruber. Even though he was muscular, she had the advantage of being more nimble. This added trait, and the fact that she was fighting for the safety of her child, allowed her the chance to bite down on the area just below his shoulders.

Gruber howled and then shook Marta off his back. In a flash he was on top of her, effectively pinning her down. Only one thought went through her mind. She hoped that her husband Toncek got Luka out of the area. When Gruber opened his jaws, preparing for the death blow, Marta tried to struggle with no avail.

Suddenly a shot rang out and Gruber was hit in the side of his massive chest. The bullet caused him no additional damage but it forced him to turn his head. When he looked at Titiana trying to reload the single shot rifle he growled. Quickly, Marta thrust her teeth around Gruber's throat and ripped his windpipe out. Luka's mother had won the battle.

When the enormous black wolf dropped to the ground, Marta took a few steps towards Titiana. She didn't want to hurt the woman, but she didn't want shot either. When she growled at the naked woman, she dropped her gun and then fainted. Since her husband Dario was still tied to the chair, Marta's secret was safely intact.

She turned around and looked down at the dead werewolf. She was just in time to see it change back into Wolfgang Gruber. His clothes were torn and ragged, which was always the case when one would change back to human form. She had to get the body out of sight before he was discovered, so she grabbed his arm in her powerful jaws and drug him deep into the woods.

It had been over an hour and Toncek was getting worried, so he tapped Luka on the shoulder to wake him.

"Luka come on, time to get up," he said.

"We can't Poppa -- Momma isn't back yet. She won't know where we're at," he told him as he rubbed his eyes.

"Don't worry little one, she'll find us, but we can't go to the house so we have to find somewhere else to stay," Toncek said as he picked up the bags.

Just when he was about to reprimand Luka for not moving, Marta appeared from the darkness. Her dress was torn and her shoulder was bleeding. When she reached her husband, she collapsed in his arms.

"Dear God Marta, what happened to you?" he asked hastily.

"The SS were at the house and they were trying to get information on us. Titiana and Dario are alive but their hurt. We have to get there and help them," Marta told her husband.

"Do they know it was you?" Toncek asked.

"No, Dario was tied to a chair and Titiana fainted when I approached her. They never saw me or the SS Major change," she told him.

Toncek picked up his tired son and they all headed towards the safe house. When they arrived, Titiana was just starting to come around and Dario was screaming for his wife. When Marta leaned down to help the woman up, she was startled and slid back away from her.

"Titiana, calm down, it's ok. Are you alright?" Marta asked.

"Where are they? Did you see them? Are they still around?" she asked quickly as she scanned the area.

"Are who still around Titiana? What happened to you?" Toncek asked.

"The SS were here and they -- oh my God -- Dario..." she cried out and jumped up to check on her husband.

They started inside but before Toncek went in, Marta stopped him and told him to keep Luka outside. Toncek peered over her shoulder and saw the dead German on the floor.

"Luka you stay here on the porch until I come get you, I won't be long," he told his son as he set him down on a chair on the front porch.

It took Toncek ten minutes to dispose of the body while Marta and Titiana worked on Dario. Once it was safe, Toncek got Luka and brought him inside and sat him at a small table. There were some cookies there, just as his dad had promised and he ate his fill. The four adults said little to each other due to Luka's presence, but once he was safely asleep Toncek brought the subject up.

"What happened before we got here Titiana? How come it looked like that German had his chest crushed?" he asked.

"I'm not sure how to tell you. You'll think I've lost my mind. Hell, I think I've lost my mind," she said softly.

"Dario, did you see what happened?" Marta asked him.

"Not much at the end. It started with an SS Major and some other guy trying to get information on you three. He was getting frustrated because I wouldn't talk and that's when he started to try and rape Titiana," Dario said.

"I don't understand, what do you mean try and rape Titiana?" Toncek asked.

"He means that filthy pig would have raped me to make Dario talk, but they went outside to meet someone. They closed the door and we were tied down so I couldn't see or hear who they were talking to. That's when it went crazy," Titiana told them.

"They were out there for about five minutes and then the German that you found, went flying through the door. What was on top of him isn't possible," Dario added.

"You're not making sense, what was on top of him?" Toncek asked him with a puzzled look.

"Some kind of animal, a wolf maybe, but not like any wolf I've ever seen," he said.

"There were two of them. One of them was pure black and he was trying to kill the smaller one that killed the German. When he tried to attack him -- or it -- he missed and crashed into the table I was on. That's how I got loose," Titiana said.

"Did they kill the SS Major too?" Mrs. Dvorska asked.

"One of them must have Marta, we never saw him again," Titiana told her.

"How come they didn't attack you two as well?" Toncek asked them.

"I shot the black one, but when he turned on me, the smaller one ripped his throat out. That's when it came after me and I fainted. It must have gotten scared or something because they were both gone when you got here. I thought for sure they attacked you too, the way your shoulder was," Titiana said.

"I told you we didn't see a thing. I got cut up when I tripped into some bushes," Marta told her.

"Well it's all over now so let's get some rest, we have another long day tomorrow. Thanks again you two for letting us stay here, we'll be out in the morning so we won't bring any more attention to you," Toncek said politely.

"It's not that easy Toncek. The Nazi's know who we are and they're sure to know that those two were here tonight. When they come looking for them and find only us, they will put two and two together and kill us. We are going with you to the merchant ship. Our only chance for survival now is in America with you two," Dario told him.

They all agreed and settled down for the night. Marta was glad that the two of them were oblivious of the truth. Even though she knew the consequences of her actions, it was inevitable. The results of no action would have been far worse. She could only hope that they could find a better, quieter life somewhere in America.

April, 1988, Galveston Texas

The elder gentleman walked into the significant sized home and set his briefcase down by the front door. When he went into the kitchen for a beer, he found his wife cutting up cabbage for dinner tonight. He quietly sneaked up behind her and wrapped his large arms around her.

"Hello gorgeous," Luka said.

"Oh you evil man, don't you know it's not polite to scare a woman with a knife," Beth told her husband.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Dvorska. Maybe I can talk you into coming upstairs with me so I can make it up to you. I think you'll find my apologies can be quite pleasing," Luka whispered in her ear.

"Luka I swear, you're 58 years old and all you can think about is having sex. I do believe you are now official a dirty old man," Beth as she turned around in his arms.

"Well dear you are ten years younger than me. So I guess that tag fits," he said as he kissed her cheek.

"That's right I am, and I don't want the police questioning me on why your heart stopped while you were naked in bed," she replied.

"I tell you what, if you kill me with that beautiful body of yours, you tell the police and the doctors the truth. They'll fill out the reports and state the facts. Younger woman fucked her husband to death," he said laughing.

"I was wrong, you're not a dirty old man, you're sick and need professional help," Beth said as she slipped away from him.

"Yeah, but you still love me," he told her and slapped her butt as she moved away.

"Hey honey have you seen Kevin yet?" Luka asked as he got a beer.

"Not yet dear. He went to the gym a few hours ago but he's supposed to be home soon," Beth said as she returned to the dinner.

"Good, I still need to talk him out of that dumb idea of going into the Navy," he told her.

"Luka why don't you just let him be. His mind is made up, and if you ask me, which you haven't, I think serving his country will be good for him," she said.

"Jesus Beth, he's got a free ticket to every major university in the nation. I mean hell, Texas A&M is beating down our door to get him, and God knows that they need a running back like Kevin. God do they need a running back," he said as he sat down at the kitchen table.

"I don't understand. He can get college in the military and who knows he might just be good at it. You keep telling him that he should help people, so what's the big deal about doing it in a uniform?" Beth said.

"Beth lets be realistic about this. One, he's got a future in college and with the right coaching, maybe even the NFL. That kind of gift doesn't come around to just anyone. Two, my mother and father risked everything to get to the states for a better life. I don't need to remind you of the fact that we're not quite normal. He would be better suited for life here and not off somewhere fighting wars," Luka said as he sipped his beer.

Beth sat down next to her husband. When she took his hand in hers, she looked into his eyes and gave that little smile that always calmed her husband down. After 20 years of marriage she knew just what to do when he was worried. During their first year of marriage, she wanted to have children, but Luka was against it. He always told her that his gene pool should stop with him.

The day he shared his secret with her, she thought he was joking. It's not everyday that your husband sits you down and tells you he's a werewolf. That's like saying 'I'm sorry honey I should have told you earlier. I'm actually from Mars and wanted to know if you might like to take a vacation there next year when my spaceship is out of the repair shop.' She even sensed his reluctance when she asked him to prove it to her.

Even during the ride out to the desert, she kept telling Luka that maybe he should see a doctor. There had to be some explanation as to why he thought he was some mythical monster. Beth would never forget their conversation back in 1969, as they got out of the car in the middle of nowhere.

July -- nineteen years earlier.

"Luka, this is silly. What are we doing way out here? If you want to prove you're a werewolf then why can't we just do it at the apartment? I'll get you a nice bone to chew on after you go all hairy on me," Beth joked.

"We're out here because when you scream, we won't get arrested by the police. I want you to promise me not to run away, I'm not going to hurt you -- no matter what," Luka said as he kissed her lips.

"Luka please, I don't know what your mom and dad did to make you think you're a werewolf, but your not," Beth pleaded with him.

Luka took a few steps back and started to remove his clothes. He knew what would happen to them and he forgot to bring a change of clothes.

"Oh you're one of those kinds of werewolves. Get all naked, change, and then take your mate from behind -- kinky," she joked.

"Promise me Beth, this is important to me," Luka said.

"Fine, if it will make you feel better I promise not to run away. This is stupid we need to..." she started to say.

In an instant her husband Luka changed before her eyes into a monster the size of a grizzle bear. Beth blinked twice to clear her vision and then, just as Luka had thought, she screamed out at the top of her lungs. She was so gripped with fear that she was frozen in place. When she realized she was standing still, Beth darted towards the car and threw herself inside.

With the doors locked she fumbled with her purse. She searched for her car keys but they weren't there and the other set was in Luka's clothes. Beth looked out the window and saw that the large beast was laying on them. The wolf lay down on the ground and rested his large head on top of his paws. Even through the closed windows she could faintly pick up the sound of the animal whining.

For over an hour the wolf never moved. It remained on the ground and never lifted its head off of his paws. It was still daylight and the car was getting hot inside. Beth would have opened a window but the keys were still outside in her husband's clothes. She only had two choices, die in the car or take her chances with the wolf.

"This is insane. If I go out there I'll be killed or worse just bitten. My damn luck, I'll turn into a monster during the next full moon," she whispered.

Beth looked at the beast. Given its sheer size, he could have easily torn the car apart and gotten her out. Maybe she could just crack the car door and let some of the heat out. What if the wolf saw this as an invitation to go ahead and attack? How could she defend herself against such a creature?

"Now you be a good doggy and just lay there," she said as she opened the door.

Luka lifted his head and stared at his wife.

"That's a good boy, no need to be frightened, I'm not going to hurt you and you're not going to hurt me," Beth whispered as she stepped out of the car.

When she was fully out of the car she peered at the animal. The image of her husband flashed through her mind. The day they were married, the strolls in the park that they shared. The passionate love they had at night that left them both weak.

"Can you understand me?" she whispered.

Luka lifted his head up slightly.

"You're not going to hurt me -- are you?" Beth asked him.

Luka got up and grabbed his pants and carried them in his powerful jaws. When he lay the pants down that held the car keys, he gazed up at her and then turned around. He walked away a few feet and resumed his position on the ground. This time however, he was facing away from his one true love. It was over and he had nowhere else to go and maybe it was for the best. How could anyone love a monster?

Beth reached down and pulled the keys out of his pants and climbed into the driver's seat. When she turned the key, the engine roared to life. She put the car in drive and held the brake. She was just about to hit the gas when she heard the whimpering of the wolf again.

The battle raged within her. That was her husband that was lying on the desert floor. No it wasn't it was a monster that came to life from a fairy tale.

Beth took a chance, maybe for life, maybe for love itself. Reaching up she turned the ignition off and peered out the window. What she saw made her eyes mist over and her love for her husband grow even stronger.

When Luka heard the car shut off, he rolled over onto his back in a submissive gesture. When he turned his head to look at the car, he saw Beth opening her door and getting out. In his last attempt to save his marriage, Luka whimpered loudly into the bright sunshine.

"Stop making all that noise you stupid mutt, someone will come by and put you in a cage," Beth said sarcastically.

Luka stayed on his back as not to push the delicate situation. His wife was coming around to the realization of what he truly was.

"Luka are you going to stay like that all day or can you please change back so we can go home? I have pork chops that are thawing out and you have a lawn to mow, she said as she kneeled down next to him.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers