They Walk Among Us Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

The large beast whimpered and turned his head away. Beth reached out and started rubbing Luka's belly.

"Ok let's get something straight right now mister. I know you can kill me whenever you want to. You can rip me to shreds and tear me into a million pieces. That bit of information has no bearing on the fact that you have a yard to take care of and don't think for a minute that you get out of taking out the trash. Do you understand me Luka Dvorska?" she said in a stern, wifely voice.

In a flash, Luka had turned back to human form. He lay there on the desert floor covered in sweat from the heat. Beth's hand was on his powerful chest as he gazed into her eyes.

"There are just a couple of things you have to know Beth," he told her.

"And what might that be my love?" Beth said in a caring voice.

"The lawn mower is broke and I really don't like your pork chops," he told her.

"Fine. You can put the lawn off till tomorrow and you can take me out for dinner then," Beth said as she kissed his lips.

**********

As Beth gazed into her husbands eyes she could sense his frustration with their son. It was the same battle raging in him when he first told her of his secret.

"Luka, we have taught him to follow his dream and be what he wants to be. How in the world can we turn back from that?" Beth asked.

"He is joining an organization that kills people for a living. It goes against everything that my ancestors have tried to prevent," Luka said as he squeezed her hand.

"Ok mister knows it all then answer me this. At what point do we trust what we have done with our children and let them grow? If we never trust him to do what is right then how can he ever become trustworthy?" Beth said sternly.

"What if he gets into a fight and becomes angry? What happens if he loses his...?" Luka started to say.

"Wow I don't know Dad? What will happen if I get in a fight and loose my temper?" Kevin Dvorska said from the doorway.

"Kevin -- I just meant..." Luka said.

"Just meant what Dad? How many times are you going to protect me from myself? When I was fourteen and found out what I really was, did I go ballistic and start killing everyone?" Kevin asked.

"Kevin you have to understand that our secret..." Luka tried to say.

"I know, I know -- sacred. You never told me anything about living your life in a box," Kevin shot back as he opened the refrigerator and got a soda.

"Kevin your father just meant that he's a little concerned -- that's all," Beth said, trying to break the tension.

"Tell me again Mom, what did you think when you found out? Did you want to run away and tell the cops?" he said to her.

"That's not the point dear. We're not talking about..." Beth said.

"That's right mom, we're not talking about you and Dad. We're talking about the fact that he wants me to go to college and take up the family business or go to the NFL," Kevin told her.

Kevin got down on one knee in front of his father. As he placed his hand on his shoulder he could sense his indecision.

"Dad, did you ever wonder how hard it was for Grandma Marta to let you live your life? How about her dad, when did he have to let her go? She once told when I was little about her grandfather, some guy named Baldomr or something. When did he tell his son to go on? I understand it's hard for you. God only knows, if I ever find the right woman, how hard it's going to be. You always tell me to do what is right, to help those who can't help themselves. I'm trying to do that Dad, I'm just trying to do what you taught me," Kevin told his father.

Luka stood up and peered down at his only son. The image of a small child on a playground swing flashed in his memory. The first time he ever got knocked back by a defensive player in the seventh grade, the pure joy on his face as he scored his first touchdown. The same joy as he walked out the door to his junior prom.

Luka turned his gaze towards his loving wife. He didn't have the answers to his questions and searched for guidance in his wife's eyes. When they answered, in their own loving way, he knew what he had to do.

Luka looked back down at his son.

"There are two promises that you must make to me and never break," Luka said with tears in his eyes.

"Anything Dad," Kevin said.

"First, never, ever, let your secret be known to anyone but your true love," he said as he looked at his wife Beth.

"You have my word," Kevin said.

"And second -- if you ever get to nail a French girl, let me know how it was. I hear those girls can destroy a guy overnight," Luka said with a laugh.

"Oh my God! I can't believe I married a werewolf. And not just a werewolf, one who's a pervert too," she exclaimed as she went to finish dinner.

*

Thanks a bunch for reading my work. Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment for me. Even though Chapter one comments were critical, I learned a lot about telling a story. No writer ever gets better unless he, or she, has feedback. Thanks again and keep watching for Chapter three, where you meet the Navy Seal team.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers