Thoroughly Loving Nina Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh Hannah," Nina said, blushing.

"Vic, I need you to tell me about networking our computers via radio. I really can't understand it."

"Excuse me," Nina said, but neither of them heard her. She'd seen a familiar figure on horseback approaching. She ran towards him.

"Oh Lordy, what a sight," called the horseman. "Have I died and gone to heaven."

"I've heard all about your smooth-taking and broken hearts of ladies Joe Black and much more besides. You never spoke a word to me about rodeo."

"Shhhh, Nina. Watch your tongue. Where's Hannah."

"In the office with Vic."

"Sorry about that," Nina. "I'm really pleased to see you again honey. Things around here went down pretty fast after you two left. Our daughter is besotted with her husband and can't see that he's taken a wrong turn here. Margo has forgotten everything she'd every learned and won't even ride a horse because he doesn't want her to risk injury."

"Is she pregnant?"

"No. And that's the trouble. My son-in-law is a young guy who has yet to learn humility."

"Can't you teach him Joe Black?"

"Why do you call me Joe Black rather than Joe?"

"Because that's what you're called in Clarkesville and beyond."

"Where's Clarkesville?"

"Are you going senile? It's the town that services your old Hunger Ranch."

"Oh, you mean The Town."

Nina sighed heavily. "We got there at last, Joe Black. Yes I do. And you know something odd, Joe Black. Vic is playing around with Leigh Masters who was a Brody, just as you used to play around with her mother."

"Now just a minute young lady," Joe said as he dismounted. "This is slander of two fine men. How do you know Vic has anything to do with Leigh?"

"I've heard it rumored."

Joe's face creased into smiles. "Rumored Nina? Have you any idea how accurate The Town's rumor-mill is? I've heard said it's alleged the last time it rumored something accurately was back, way back, in 1937. I didn't even know Leigh had a mother."

"Liar."

"Nina, you've toughed up. If you were a man I would have walloped you for calling me."

"Teach me the finer points of riding then working cattle, Mr Rodeo Hero."

"Nina, for goodness sake close down that loud voice of yours. If Hannah hears you saying that I'll be run off the property."

"Well talk about that later."

"Well, you'd show me very little or learn little new on Boyo here. He's a trail horse, I've been checking fence lines," Joe said, holding out his hand. "Swing up behind me and we'll put you onto a cow pony – something more your size but the cattle don't seem to notice the difference."

Anxious this mounting would not rekindle Joe's old injuries Nina grabbed his hand and leapt, imagining herself being as light as a feather as if that thought really could achieve something. She landed without losing skin or bruising, managing to avoid the saddle and the only reaction from Joe was a grunt which was to be expected.

"Lean against me tightly Nina – there's nothing like the feel of a woman's softness against your back."

She pressed hard and laughed, "Don't you mean tits?"

"If you were a whore, yes."

Swept by embarrassment Nina pulled away but responded instantly when Joe commanded, "Return to your position; you're no whore Nina."

In good grazing land of perhaps 40 acres beside the barn were eight horses in the mid-distance. Joe sent out a piercing whistle and three of the horses came rushing in. A bay mare pushed closest to accept Joe and as Nina swung the gate open Joe led Juna through into the barn just by the mane.

"She so well trained, so docile," Nina said admiringly.

"Juna's also firecracker if I want action from her; she's one of my string. I take it you've been working on your riding since being at The Town?"

"Yes, under the eye of Kate..."

"Maggie and Gabby's daughter?"

"Yes, I didn't think you'd remember her."

"One of the best kids I've seen with horses – I'd swear she talks to them and they talk back."

"I guess you knew her mother?"

Joe gave Nina a dry stare, and then added, "And Gabby – salt of the earth he is; an old-style cowboy or was before he was crippled. You've fallen among good people."

"I know. When I called asking you to give me away you were in a hurry so we didn't get to talk about the wedding party."

"Well, we're in a hurry now. We'll talk later – there's her saddle pad and saddle, put them on – I want to see how you do it."

"Which is her bridle?"

"She's doesn't mind in what order she's dressed and it doesn't matter – I've never seen anyone ride off forgetting to put on the bridle."

Under Joe's watchful eye Nina began by introducing herself, allowing Juna to sniff her forearm and then Nina pushed her palm into Juna's nose.

"Let me see what you've got," Joe said as soon as Nina had saddled up. "Try without the bridle. Juna expects you to mainly control her with your body."

"Can't we do this outside where there's more room."

"No, this is fine. Go right to the far end and ride Juna through that machinery; you'll be fine as she has no wish to walk into heavy metal.

"You're a hard man Joe Black. It's a wonder you're not asking me to gallop back when I turn and end with a sliding stop."

"You have great anticipation, Nina. That's exactly what I want to do."

"Oh holy hell."

"There's no such place," he grinned.

They walked back to the house just ahead of a large group of guests coming in from a whole afternoon's round-up to shift the cattle to another section of summer pasture. Bella and Betsy escorting the group waved excitedly and both charged up on their horses to welcome her.

Joe watched his protégé being greeted warmly by the two cowgirls who tended not to show much emotion. That reunion pleased him.

As the cow girls rode away, he said, "You can prattle on now, Nina. Tell me about your wedding party."

Nina beamed. "Kate will be my bridesmaid."

"I understood Kate is married."

"She is, but that makes no difference to me; she's the one. But how do you know that – you severed your connections with county."

"Trinity Twill writes once a month which keeps me up-to-date."

"Why would Trinity...oh please don't bother answering you wicked man," Nina teased, increasing Joe's embarrassment.

They walked on chatting, almost touching, walking much like a father and daughter who was daddy's girl. Nina only now was in the process of learning she loved Joe Black as a substitute dad.

"Oh look at you," Hannah fussed. "Fancy Joe allowing you to become sweaty in those lovely clothes."

"I'm fine, I told Joe Black I wanted to ride a real cow pony and he introduced me to Juna."

"Yes, a sweet horse and great worker. Joe can command and she'll go down on to her knees for him but she'll not do it for anyone else. But tell me, I'm curious. Why did you call him Joe Black instead of just Joe?"

"Did I?" Nina said vaguely. "Is that apple pie I can smell?"

"Yes but I'll fetch a muffin – apple pie is for dinner. Margo and Mr Know-all are joining us to meet you."

"His name's Kevin, isn't it?"

"Yes Nina. Thank you for pulling me up; it's so easy to slip into bad ways. Shouldn't you be kissing Vic hello again?"

"Oh yes, being with your personable husband allowed Vic to drop from my mind. Come here and kiss me please darling."

"You men get your own coffee," Hannah snapped. "I'll fetch you coffee and muffin Nina and then you go straight along and wash up. I've told Margo so much about you that she'll be expecting something great when she meets you. Please don't let me down."

"Of course not Hannah, I regard you almost as my mother."

Hannah gasped and hurried from the room. Nina turned to be kissed by Vic and her enthusiastic "Hello darling, how's my big boy," turned Joe's slightly sour face into a grin.

"You know guys, Hannah's dreading going back to The Town. She keeps muttering on about a thousand deaths and hopes she doesn't see anyone who recognizes her. It's going to be a small wedding, isn't it? That's what you said Nina."

Nina looked at him squarely. "Joe Black, I'd never lie to you as to me you now totally represent the cowboy way. I have been in search of something to replace family and believe I'll find it in Western tradition. But putting that aside, yes it will be a small wedding in Kate and Shaun Levett's front room. But you better get used to this Joe Black and find someway to pacify Hannah. I assure you the rest of my wedding day has been taken from me. The wedding party will then be transported to town in helicopters to take part in a Street Parade with you as returning town hero. We then go to the Dome for a re-enactment of the wedding followed by a ceremonial welcome home to you."

"Jesus, that will be a heart-stopper for Hannah."

"And for you?"

Joe shuffled his feet. "I admit to kinda liking the sound of it. I won't cooperate if you believe all this extra will ruin your wedding?"

"No, it's cool and rather nice to think the wedding and hero's welcome back home have been integrated into a joint event. I'll probably have the most memorable wedding in the town's history."

Joe asked Vic for his opinion.

"What Kate wants and agrees to is okay by me."

Joe said that was great and asked did they realize The Town wasn't his home town?

Vic said the organizers were aware of that it appeared a celebration greater than the 4th of July was long overdue.

Vic then asked, "Who explains this to Hannah?"

"I'll tell Hannah," Nina said firmly, aware of the gratified look she was receiving from Joe.

"Tell Hannah what?" Hannah asked, arriving with Nina's refreshments.

"Give me ten minutes to run a bath Hannah and come in and sit with me while I soak. I'd like to talk to you about the wedding. Could you bring a couple of brandies?"

"Brandies, it's rather early for alcohol."

"We've much to celebrate Hannah and believe me you will appreciate having a stiff drink in your hand."

To be Continued.

12