All Comments on 'Thoughts Ch. 05'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent story.

Loved every part of it. You did an excellent job.

KenL511KenL511over 12 years ago
To everything turn turn turn......

The story of a life. I believe Carol was a fool, holding to the negative all through their life together.

I've seen it too many times in too many marriages. One partner counts all the other's wrongs and in the process takes the joy out of life.

I remember reading of research that the most important words in a loving and passionate marriage. "Thank you." Lack of gratitude can lead a marriage to being a series of transactions rather than a partnership. It seems to me this was such a marriage. When she stopped wanting things from Bob, the marriage died.

In most states, withholding sex for 6 monthes is ground for divorce for mental cruelty. Bob hung around for 3 years?

The quality of the writing as writing was good. Few misuses of words that would get through spell-check.

Good job, gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A nothing story going nowhere

If you just want to spend your time without result, read this.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Mixed emotions over powerful , ground breaking last segment of story

This was quite the schizophrenic reading experience over five segments ! A acceptable opening , then story nosedived with tedious , graphic account of moribund marriage for parts 2 & 3 .

The feuding spouses finally parted ways necessitating Bob's sex life & story. Finally just as poor guy hits his stride , he is waylaid by Big C & I don't mean Carol the frigid ex wife!

D.G. deserves a measure of credit for daring to keep it real. He has departed from his usual formula that has endowed him with acclaim & numerous hot ratings .

Kudos to him for striking out & trying something new. The inclusion of cancer & big reveal for closing twist was both daring and imaginative.

This extended story hasn't been the smoothest of reads. In end analysis , I think it was worthwhile & I thank DG for challenging me as a reader .

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Really good

I thought some of the first four chapters were either a bit boring, or had too much sex. The last chapter was very good and definitely salvaged the entire story. Carol will probably regret how she treated her husband the rest of her life.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Powerful ending

You were right, it's not an upbeat story. For a minute I thought you were going to pull the "he has a terrible illness and because of it he reconnects with his ex" plot but thankfully you just killed him off. Poor bastard, he deserved a better ending but he died with dignity. I guess I'm disappointed because we never did find out what was up with Carol. I guess she was just a bitch.

The revenge sex at the end was cute and it was funny that it echoed what a couple of his women had told him, one time only. It sure was in this case.

I enjoyed the story as a whole but it's out of balance because a really good guy got screwed by his wife and then by cancer. It happens but it's unfair. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Alot of loose ends

there are not enough explanations from carol.what were her real motivations?what was she thinking.as a reader i am still needing abit more detial.as good as it already is,it deserveve one more chapter from carol's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
yes unsatisfied

don't know if Carol is to be described as frigid, she didn't seem to be in the beginning, but apparently became less and less interested in sex, or at least with her husband. And it wasn't his one time cheating either to cause that as he he strayed the just once because of being cut off for months.

So, yes unsatified. The story does not provide enough answers

as to the why of her behaviour.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A sad ending, really too close to life

Life is funny sometimes, you think you have it bad, and then the shit really hits the fan.

Cancer makes everything else in life seem small, to the finality that comes with the dreaded disease.

Thanks for the good series, it was a good trip that the author took us on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Please sir can I have more?

Achieved your usual high standards of writing but agree with previous comment that Carol's story is unresolved. Also note that you have created some potentially interesting characters that you didnt explore...maybe? Left me wanting more.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THOUGHTS AND STONES

ever changing, ever the same. A strong man was there. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Is that it?

Life is crap, and then you die?

Sorry, it left me empty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
"Middle of the road" sad tale.

Agreed, life is the shits and then you die.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Very well done

I was unhappy through most of the story which showed me that the author was doing a good job. Yes, we have a big mystery here as to what was Carol's problem. Her declaration that the trigger for the separation and divorce was his giving her the greatest sex she ever had really muddies the water. If she had a hormonal problem it would hot have been great. Personally I think that her problem was selfisheness, competiveness and finally guilt about how poorly she was playing the role of wife.

Yep, he was a major victim but he was happy for a while. Life is not just.

I do not believe that I will reread this story. Too depressing!

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

Sad and well written story. Good work, thanks. ^__^

Richie4110Richie4110over 12 years ago
Well Done!

What a wonderful story with an exciting build to a powerful ending.

I cried for the beauty of it.

Thank you

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 12 years ago
(Yawn)

This was just a cut-and-paste job. The author took a bunch of scenes from his files and pasted them together. No continuity, no theme, no exploring the characters, no depth.

A waste of his time and mine.

bobby9909bobby9909over 12 years ago
I keep re-reading

I've read these chapters several times each. Why? I guess because I enjoyed them so much and also because I'm hoping I'll discover some small tidbit of information I missed before. Something that will answer my many questions about the mysterious Carol.

Thank you for your contributions. And PLEASE give us some more info about Carol. Please?

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Too bad the cancer got him before somebody's husband did, What a Turd!

Too bad the cancer got him before somebody's husband did. At least with cancer he died a slow agonizing death, rather than a fast agonizing death when an irate husband takes a tire iron to his knees, ribs, nuts, and teeth, followed by a head shot between the eyes.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
A life's story . . .

. . . honestly told. Well done. I cried through Tom's telling of Bob's final times. I had to go through that last year with my adult daughter and your scene brought back difficult memories.

Thanks for writing this so heartfelt well DG, very good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What?

Out of respect for the authors past contributions I read this entire story. It required a great deal of effort on my part to do so. I'm very very disappointed in this offering. Sorry to say it was boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
gave it a 5* DG Hear, this one was very good

That being said fuck Carol I wouldn't leave that slut shit. She fucked your best friend who in the end is an asshole too. But she left you for nothing. I would have left my kids everything and paid someone to spit in that sluts face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I hope it was painful

What a selfish piece of shit. He gets terminal cancer and doesn't have the guts to tell his family about it so they can properly say goodbye what a prick.

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Tragic ending

A very tragic ending. I really didn't see that one coming. Cancer is a really bad disease... and I can understand his reasons not to have chemo or an operation. Sometimes you have to accept that there is no cure... As I said, the last chapter took me by surprise, I really thought you either would find him a new life partner or arrange a reconcilliation but it was the Grim Reaper who was awaiting him.

What I found missing in the entire story is Carol's reasons or motivations. Why did she really leave Bob and what was she thinking. That should have been fleshed out more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I'm sorry but

the revenge sex at the end was stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good

Good story, but you fucked up the ending--IT SUCKED--revenge sex ===give me a break===rewrite the ending DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good story

However, the ending was not necessary and took away so much from several relationships. It was just a really bad add-on.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Despite there was kind of a conclusion...

...the real conclusion was completely missing.

The "why" for the wife's weird behaviour did not get to the reader. And - honestly - I expected some clue or twist about that in part 5 (e. g. her cheating on him for a long time getting known by accident, or the children beeing not his). Thus, the story was not satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fitting end...

... For a man who cuckholded another man. A pity Marie's husband will never get to confront Bob over his evil deed. But since Bob was unrepentant, hopefully he is burning in Hell. I guess he will just have to be satisfied with kicking that slut Marie to the curb. A pity his children will suffer for her lust. Hopefully he can find a commited woman who will react to him like Marie did to Bob, and be a devoted stepmom for his children, unlike Marie.

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
I did not like the story. It did not make any sense to me. What was the wifes problem?

At one point in the story she was quoted as saying that "he gave me the best sex in my life, then I left him".

I can understand people growing apart after so many years, but WTF!?

Very depressing story without any compelling virtues in any of the protagonists.

Sorry, it did nothing for me.

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years ago
Okay sue me

I'm sure most of you know that I'm a big fan of DG's stories. I had to read this one twice before I got it. everything was there as usual, the characters that are drawn so well that you can see them. After reading one of his stories, you swear you know someone just like that. I guess what I was looking for was the big twist or the revenge at the end. But this time it was far more real and in a way more satisfying. There isn't always going to be revenge and there won't always be answers. The good guys don't always win. These stories are about real people and sometimes real people are, like this guy's wife, just weird. The part that burned me the most was that after he died, she was back on his team with all of the I love you bullshit. And as another commentor has already mentioned the absolutely implausible he was the best sex I ever had and I divorced him line. These are the kinds of quirky unexplainable things that let us know that the story is about people, not just characters. If you're having trouble seeing it, look at it this way. Are you happy about the way your own divorce went? Did you get everything you wanted? Is the ex destitute and dying in Siberia.? Probably not, right? So if things didn't work out for you in real life, why should there always be a perfect ending in a story. Great job DG, as usual. This one will be hard to top. SS06

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
SO SO

It wasn't the worst story I've read. Nor was it the best. Carol is a true to life cunt, who used her lack of logic to its fullest. It's not too hard to figure out that Linda was the fuck he took to his grave. If I ever deal with the big C, I hope to do it just like Bob. Enjoy life til it takes me out. Good read DG!

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Do nice guys finish last?

Beautifully written! Great character development. And oh so poignant in the telling of a life. I loved the irony of the cheating. Superb. Linda certainly had a big mouth!...but also she was great as the avenging angel, making the world even again. Thank you for not making Carol too evil nor allowing her character any real redemption. Perfect!

Anyway, I thoroughly wallowed in this yarn of a simple man's marriage. Do nice guys finish last? Thank you DG Hear for not answering that question! I am still mentally debating that as it relates to Bob. Do nice guys finish last?

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 12 years ago
Needs one more chapter.

The story screams out for one last chapter: Carol explaining why she did the things that she did. DG must certainly have some ideas in mind. They don't have to necessarily make complete rational sense, but she must have had some notions as to why she acted the way she did.

Otherwise, wonderful read. Almost too realistic for comfort: people live together for a lifetime and often don't have the faintest clue what the other is thinking or what motivates them. This story illustrates the point.

On the other hand - I'm glad Bob got to spend the last part of his life having the pleasures with other women that he expected to have (but didn't get) with his wife.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

1. If you are very unhappy in a connection you must give it up soon. This guy should have started divorcing 10 years ago.

After some years he should have looked for a newer mate (not importantr a newer wife, a continous girl friend is good as well) and he did not dye alone.

2. The figures of the statistics show 1/3 of the husbands and 40% of the wives are absolute faithful on lifetime in a marriage. There are such a category who have 1 maximum 2 short time extramarital adventure on lifetime. I call them relative faithful spouses. I think they can live a happy second marriage or they may be a partner of a succesful reconcilation. However a serial cheater or a slut is unsuitable for any DECENT marriage. This guy was a relative faithful husband and the wife should have forgiven him.....

NucleusNucleusover 12 years ago
Very nice story (1-5)

... but I think it's a little over the top at the end.

Thank you for always good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Depressing

What a depressing story. Life is a bitch and then you die.

LancerInLALancerInLAover 12 years ago
Mixed feelings

Yes, it was real feeling. SS06 said it very well. The cut and dry style of this story did not do much for me. All 5 chapters got 16 stars total.

Yes, I do bemoan not having the answers to the primary questions chapter 1 set up. Why it was a broke marriage with Carol being a shrew for over 30 years, and Why were her reasons so late in life to pull the trigger.

But this story was not from her POV. As a divorced male, we split 10 years ago and I still do not have those answers in my own life. It would be nice to know why it happened to me, and in this story, but it is not always an option.

I generally love all of your work DG, but this one left me a little cold. But the effort is much appreciated, writing fiction is not a skill I have, but am very glad you do.

Val

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One more.

I agree with PostScriptor. Would enjoy one more chapter regarding why Carol got so sour, and why, if Bob gave her the best sex of her life, did she feel she had to divorce him?

Woodbine68

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Realistic

The neighbors have secrets. They married because she was pregnant. She probably liked him but love is debatable, same with him. When he cheated it killed half or that, so he had fashioned his own hell. He stayed out of guilt, as we find out she may have too. How can you trust anyone? Simple truth is you can't most of the time. Best friends and family members will fuck you over. Thats life. The hero was no hero, he was a destroyer himself. People think they can do what they want without consequence. This is what you wind up with. Good story about the bad stuff.

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
Slamdawgg Is Right--Thanks

S/he said it better than I could. "This extended story hasn't been the smoothest of reads. In end analysis, I think it was worthwhile & I thank DG for challenging me as a reader." And for challenging me as a copy editor.

This was a tough read, and a tough story to work on for that reason. So much of it raises questions, so much of it seems inexplicable, and yet so much of it touches a chord, and feels real. Kind of hard to be thinking about commas, and semi-colons, and homophones, and spelling, and still being captured by the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
RandomHardon

didn't get his creampie

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Cuckolded trolls with pin sized pricks also leave stupid childish comments like the previous comment.

SalamisSalamisover 12 years ago
Alas poor Bob

Birds of a feather certainly flock together in this tale. There’s not one redeeming character. The only surprise that awaited me was that Bob had scruples enough not to fuck his best friend Tom’s wife. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Tom.

Oddly enough, Bob‘s sense of morality is strongest when he is married to Carol, and only because he wants to avoid her wraith. Once past the divorce he will fuck anything walking, married or not. He has a threesome, with one of the women being married. He even fucks the married daughter of one of his friends with benefits.

The liaison that troubled me the most though was the one when he was an insurance agent. He took a position of trust and used it to fuck his customer. That spoke volumes about his character. The man lived for his pleasure.

We don’t read many stories about the Bob’s of this world. They rarely do anything significant, and certainly fail to overcome their biggest obstacles, just like Bob in this story. If you were to have Bob as a friend then take a shower quickly. Only slime balls can befriend such as him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Resigned narration more than regretful. Still, a bitter read.

It's mostly been said by the astute comments among them. The writing does take us through a window to to a life done lived and it's a fascinating journey. Many thanks author...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
GOOD JOB DG!

Enjoyed this very sad, true to life story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
wow this vile. I mean STUPID without any real closure

The ending sucked Moose COCK. I mean NOT the cancer per se.... but that at the last Minute the nasty Twisted evil ficking cunt known as Carol at the last seconds of Bob's life got to stick the proverbial knife into him one more time over the phone.

His best friend promised Bob that he would keep that cunt away from him.

THINK ABOUT IT .

At the end of chapter 4 he finds out thathis wife carol besides not wanting him sexually actually LOVES to go on trips all the time... Just not with HIM.

Its one thing is the sexual fire burns out. Hey it happens.

But Carol didnt even want him around go on trips with.

There isa LOT of deep seated HATE coming from Carol. Where the fuck does all this HATE come from?

WE dont know and before we can find out DG kills off BOB with cancer.

This is a very frustrating stupid story

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeover 12 years ago
I'm confused!

If Bob's accusing her of cheating, and she denied it, why did Carol say that "Bob gave her the best sex of her life and she left him for it" if Bob was suppose to be the ONLY sex of her life? Then we find out about Tom; but that was after she left. Did this have anything to do with her behavior during the marriage?

Thanks for giving me something to think about and hopefully look forward to if you ever do Carol's pov.

Yuri5Yuri5over 12 years ago
wow... this is an incredibly moving story

When I read stories I usually get a loathing feeling for the cheaters, whether they're male or female. I'd normally agree with HarryInVA and other similar commenters that stories that condone cheating suck cos it distorts our sense of reality and we don't want that. BUT, this story was clearly deliberately written to be a TRAGIC story.

On the other hand I do agree with readers who are a little frustrated with lack of explanation by Carol. We need the story from Carol's point of view - even if it's only 1 chapter...

You wrote this so well, DG! It's so... humanised. It shows all the imperfections and the lousiness of life - and how the guy rose above it as he matured. On the downside he does not shy from being involved in affairs with other women. It still shows the lousiness of life... I think the way he handles issues with his family and his death are admirable and make for a good tragic story - lots of crying and handkerchiefs used at the end.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Abstract story

Not your best. But a big thanks for sharing it with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Quite morbid

It is like being at a party and getting stuck with this person who wants to tell you everything about the nasty operations they had to get.

Cobbler1023Cobbler1023over 12 years ago
Wow!?!

As usual, an excellently WRITTEN story. Problem is that the two main characters are awful! Thank God they remained married, rather than inflicting themselves on others. I see no love whatsoever through most of their marriage. Why they remained together is beyond me.

Thanks for sharing, but I hope I like the next group of characters better.

The cobbler

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Best Installment Yet

Powerful, yet understated.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
SURE, Carol would not fuck her husband, divorced him because she did not like sex.

Then she fucked her husband's best friend who was the husband of her best woman friend. I hope that her pussy grows shut and she has to piss through a straw. Not that I am vindictive but she was a fool and at the last she knew it. He was better off without her the way things were, at least he got laid a lot before he died. She should have had the cancer, not him, if one of them had to have it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sure hope Tom divorces the bitch

He cheated, she cheated. Then she broke his confidence and called Carol when he expressly told her not to. He should have realized who she cheated with and been done with her. And why would Bob leave Carol anything? She got her half and lied in getting it. No travel my ass. He should have left everything to his kids and grandchildren. And I've never heard of a man making his kids buy things from the house during an auction. Why wouldn't he just let them take things, then auction things? Too bad you had to give him cancer. Much better to give Carol cancer and let him live to a ripe old age and enjoy life. BAH!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

What's the lesson he wanted young people to learn? Hoe not to screw up a marriage, or watch porn so that you can become a super stud.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

what a greatly written story. but with a very sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
so sad

A real tear jerked this one but very well written.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
divorce

there's never a good time for a divorce but damn after 42 years! Actually he was better of without the bitch and she was a hypocrite playing the loving wife role at the funeral.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
just when I thought it couldn't get any darker

you have him die of cancer.

happy days are here again

his best friend promises to not tell anyone, but tells his wife anyway, who tells the one person he least wanted to know, his ex wife. and oh yea, the loyal best friend also screwed the soon to be ex before the divorce was final.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Damn

What a dark tale. I think it was a bit hypocritical for the ex-wife to profess her love while he was on his death bed. I hope he didn't hear it. Both cheated while still married and both were happier after the divorce. This was a difficult tale to read but it was also quite remarkable. I saved my rating for the end and I can't see it as being less than five stars. Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
tears and heart filled with joy

Loved the whole story. I read every chapter. #5 brought tears to my eyes. Keep writing. Please. Your a great author.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 9 years ago
No Winners

Sad, dark, depressing tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A quick review

Bob was a cheating asshole

Carol was a vengful bitch

Tom was a sleezy asshole

The group was the biggest waste of skin that I've seen in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My first comment

Really love this site and more specifically you and a few other authors. Sometimes I can't help but think of that old song "Singing My Life with His Song" in many of these.

Cant help but wonder, the one he took to the grave? It had to be Dawn, didn't it? Carol went home and told her sister about the best sex she had ever had, and Dawn just had to try it just like Cindy's daughter. I knew it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Long

Not bad but far too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Slow

Bob was too slow.He should have divorced the miserable bitch years before she dumped him.His life was a lot better after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dump

He should have dumped the ungrateful bitch once the kids left home and she started her moaning.After the divorce he should have got his revenge on her by any means possible and as for his will ,he should have left her nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Light

Carol got off too light,he should have had some sort of revenge against her and he most definitely shouldn't have left her anything in his will.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A poor old

Pathetic doormat. betrayed by everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

This is nothing like your usual fare, did someone else write this for you? Not very good, slow and boring no real conflict and no resolution. She divorced him because he gave her the best sex, WTF?

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

None of these characters have any redeeming qualities.

Loved the series!

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

very depressing. no good people here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Totally agree with Tiger27. A story full of low-lifes together make a great tale. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sad ending but a really great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What Tiger noticed when reading was the people seemed real, some better than others - some not. Yes, it was a good tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

yes, of course we know that no one is all good or all bad.

it's the variety of characters and the variety of behaviors that make the stories real, beautiful and interesting.

Except, unfortunately in this one, I did not meet any person worthy of interest, with a particularly impressive percentage of cheaters and liars (almost 100%)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Quite a life! LP

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Normally like this author’s work but this is just boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don’t think that there’s even one decent adult in this story! Maybe the doctor?!?

I kept hoping that there would be someone to like, but no!

ZK

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Agreed. Everyone in this story is a POS. It's telling that I was unhappy that main character wasn't in a lot more pain. Fucking sleazebag douche.

The fact that the author normalizes this is disturbing and disgusting.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Left

He should have left Carol nothing at all.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There were NO likable people in this too long series. None.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Every person in this story was execrable. Gah!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5720 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Thoughts Ch. 04 Previous Part
Thoughts Series Info