My Wife wants to Date Other Men

Story Info
My take on the "Honey we have to talk" story.
9.4k words
376.9k
443
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tnicoll
Tnicoll
1,779 Followers

I know this is a rather long lead in to a story, but I hope you read it. It explains why I wrote the story. This is my first short story I have written and while I have several other story ideas bouncing around in my head, I don't know that I will write another. (it would have nothing to do with the type of feedback I get in making my decision)

I have been reading and commenting on stories in the LW section of Literotica for years. In the past year or so, I have found myself feeling way too comfortable in being critical of author's stories and I wanted to find out for myself what is involved in writing and posting a story. And believe me, it is difficult!

This exercise has indeed humbled me. You wouldn't believe how much more I appreciate what my favorite authors must go through to produce these quality stories in the numbers that they do!

I have many favorites, but I especially enjoy the stories of BigGuy33, RichardGerald, Hooked1957, JPB, Qhml1, and others. I also really enjoy Saddletramp1956 because he is just so over the top! Don't ever change Saddletramp!

I have learned a lot. I will probably still make critical comments on other's stories, but I will do so only from a constructive point of view, being very respectful. To quote that great American, Tommy Lasorda, "This job is not that fucking easy!"

************

That Tuesday didn't start out terrible, but it sure ended up that way!

When I woke up in the morning nothing seemed out of the ordinary except that my wife Debbie wasn't in bed next to me. I am usually up a little earlier because I start work at 8:00 and my wife not until 9:30. I completed my morning routine and was heading downstairs to get the coffee ready for my wife and me when I smelled the coffee already being made.

When I got downstairs there was my wife already dressed for work sitting at the corner breakfast table. She smiled at me and we said our good mornings. As I was grabbing a cup of coffee my wife said, "I have to go into work early this morning for a meeting. I will be off at 5:00 and come straight home so we can talk as soon as you get home."

It caught me a little off guard, and I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Oh, oh did I forget something? What do we need to talk about?" Debbie just waved a hand at me and said that we would talk about it later, that it was nothing that couldn't wait. With that she got up put her cup in the sink, kissed me good bye and was out the door before I could respond.

Before getting much further into this story I should tell you a little about us. I am Tim Johnson. My wife Debbie and I have been married for over 41 years! That's right, we married right out of high school when we were 18 years old. We knew each other since second grade. We dated all thru high school and we both knew we were meant to be together for the rest of our lives. Neither of us ever dated anyone else and as such we learned about sex together and as such we were our only sexual partners. Hell, I never even kissed another woman other than a peck on the cheek in greeting, and I assume it was the same with my wife.

We went to the same college as a married couple living in a cheap apartment with part time jobs to see us thru. I had the GI Bill to help with school costs and her parents helped her out so while it was a bit of a struggle it wasn't all that harsh an existence. In fact we started our family while we were still in college. Our oldest child, Teri is 37 years old, married with two children. She is a family law attorney for an out of state firm. Our second Darci, is 35 and single working in Washington DC as an assistant to a director in the Department of Agriculture. Our baby, Sydney is 34 and married to a police officer in our hometown. She has our other two grand children and is a hard working stay at home mom! We are very proud of all three of our girls!

After school I go a job as a risk analyst for a large insurance corporation and Debbie became a grammar school teacher for the local school district and later worked in the Administration Office part time.

At 59 we are both in excellent health and physical condition. We have both always been very active. I golf, swim, and go to the gym at least three times a week. My wife however, puts me to shame with her workout discipline. She is at the gym 5 days a week and is an avid distance runner pretty much every day.

I may be biased, but she is still the most beautiful women I've ever seen. She weighs the same as she did the day we got married! Not bad for 3 kids and 41 years! When we were young, she was so beautiful that when she entered a room, even the women would stop to stare at her. To this day she draws attention from men half her age. But, she always handles herself with class and dignity.

Debbie and I talk about it all the time. Our family life is the epitome of the American Dream! We were so lucky to have found each other and we thank our lucky stars for the life we lead every day.

Unlike most men when they hear words to the effect, "Honey we have to talk" I wasn't filled with dread or breaking out into cold sweats. I was curious, but we talk all the time. Family meetings we called them, and we had them even before we had children. It was our way of planning our lives. But, she didn't say we were going to have a family meeting did she?

At work I wasn't consumed with angst about the upcoming meeting but I did daydream a bit of a very memorable love making session the night before. Debbie is a very vocal and direct lover. She is not at all bashful about telling me what she wants and making sure she gets it. She never fakes an orgasm, because long ago we discussed that we had to be honest with each other and strive to make our love life better, faking orgasms wouldn't help! Debbie isn't one of those ladies that will have a series of small orgasms. When she goes over the edge it is with an incredible amount of screaming. Her whole body quivers as her eyes roll up into her head, and sometimes she even passes out for a few seconds. She doesn't even want to be touched for a few minutes because her whole body is so sensitive. It is amazing to watch and be a part of.

She tells me all the time that she would never cheat on me because it would take too long to train a new lover! After 41 years of marriage we still make love 2-3 times a week. Another thing she tells me often, as she did last night, is that while my dick may not work like it did when I was 25, my lips, tongue, and fingers were magic and working better than ever! All and all we enjoyed a very satisfying love life well into our middle age.

As my curiosity was aroused, I left work a little early and headed home. I wanted to get home before Debbie so I could change and get comfortable with a glass of my favorite single malt scotch and find out what our "talk" was about. My curiosity started to turn to worry when I pulled into the garage and saw that my wife's seven year old Camry was already there.

My worry deepened when I saw her sitting at the table with a glass of wine in her hand and my scotch already poured and placed at my seat. She looked very distraught as she was continually rubbing her knee with her free hand. This was a nervous habit of hers ever since I knew her. I asked if I could go change before we started. She replied, "No, I want to do this right now. Please sit down."

I didn't argue as I was sitting down I was convinced she was going to tell me that she was sick. I felt my chest getting tight and was having difficulty breathing normally. I looked into her eyes and saw, well I don't know what I saw, but I knew I had never seen that look in her eyes or that facial expression before.

She seemed nervous and her voice was breaking as she spoke in a very low deliberate manner. "Tim, there is something I have been thinking about for quite a while and I need to get this out without interruption. Please let me finish before you speak so that I can make you understand how important this is to me." As she continued she seemed to gain a little more confidence, "And I need you to not lose your temper and turn this into a childish yelling match, can you do that for me, please?"

I nodded my head slowly without speaking. Well, at least she wasn't going to tell me that she was sick, but I suspected it was going to be much worse. And, I was right!

"Honey you know that I love you more than life itself. I have loved only you since the grade school. There has never been anyone else in my lifetime." My chest was hurting more, my breathing becoming more difficult, and an aching pain began in my shoulder as she continued. "You and I are going to spend our old age together, bouncing our great grandchildren on our knees. We are going to travel the world together, but there is something that I have to do." The pain in my shoulder was now shooting down my left arm and I was getting dizzy. I couldn't catch my breath.

"Tim, pay attention, this is very important! I just nodded and thought this couldn't be happening to me. "Well, I have been thinking for months about this, and there is something I have to do before I am too old." The room started spinning and it felt like someone was standing on my chest. "I am going to date other men to see what I have been missing all these years. It won't last for ever, maybe six months, and I will be back to being your loving wife, proving to you everyday how deep my love for you is!" I started to say something, but nothing would come out of my mouth, then everything went black.

Light was creeping in from the darkness trying to break through the haze. I was trying to open my eyes, but my eyelids must have weighed 5 pounds each. I struggled mightily to get them open and I finally accomplished the task. Where was I? What were those beeping noises? How come I can't move? My throat was very sore. What is my name? I must be in the hospital! What happened to me? All these thoughts were rushing through my head when I remembered that I was Tim Johnson and I was in a hospital because my wife tried to kill me!

Why did she try to kill me? My brain was working a little better. I was at the kitchen table. She was talking. Then I remembered the conversation. It wasn't really a conversation it was her telling me something. Telling me that she was going to kill me!

As the fog in my brain cleared I noticed a nurse standing at my bedside looking down at me and smiling. "Welcome back Mr. Johnson. My name is Nurse Smith. You are in Mercy Hospital because you had a very serious heart attack a few days ago. It is called the "Widow Maker" and you are lucky to be alive." Funny, I didn't feel lucky. "It's 3:00 AM and the doctor will be by later this morning to explain in more detail about your condition." I tried to talk but nothing came out because my throat was so sore and dry. "Don't try to talk Mr. Johnson. You had a ventilator in your throat so it will take a couple of days to heal itself."

I was thinking more clearly now and made a writing motion with my hand. Nurse Smith handed me a pad of paper and a pen. I wrote in big bold print. NO VISITORS! She responded, "Oh no, you have had lots of visitors. Your wife and daughters have been here." She must have noticed me wince and stopped talking. I wrote furiously, I DON'T WANT ANY VISITORS! She seemed startled but asked, "Are you sure?" I just nodded my head. I scribbled another note, DO NOT SHARE MY MEDICAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE! Her eyebrows arched up, but she just nodded her head as I was writing another note. IS THERE SOMEONE HERE AT THE HOSPITAL THAT CAN HELP ME COMPLETE A DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) ORDER? With that I am sure I shocked Nurse Smith, but she held her composure. "Your condition isn't nearly that severe." I interrupted her by tapping furiously on the note pad. "I will pass your will wishes onto the day shift." She patted me on the shoulder and left my room quietly.

I figured my life was over anyway, so if something happened why let the medical community resuscitate me? The way my luck was going I would probably survive but be turned into a vegetable, so fuck it! Plus there would be the added shock benefit when my wife found out what I did, and how badly she had hurt me.

I didn't fall back asleep. I mean I had been asleep for a few days, so all I could do was lay there and think and make plans. I said I did risk analysis for an insurance company, but really my job was to help my company's clients do risk analysis for their organizations. It was a service my company offered and many clients took advantage of it. I had done it for a number of years and was good at it and got paid accordingly. In my experience all companies are afraid of something, but my job was to make sure they were afraid of the right things and offer solutions to mitigate those threats. There is a process involved in accomplishing that analysis so I decided to adopt the same strategy to solve my problem. You know the problem of why my wife would want to kill me. I know my wife didn't really try to kill me with her statement, but she damn near accomplished it!

The actions I had just taken would buy me time, and time is what I needed to figure this out. As I lay there in bed waiting for dawn to break, I began the process of analyzing my situation. I am one of those weird people that when I think, I have a conversation with myself and this was no different.

Ok Tim, you've bought yourself some time, now let's think about the real issues here. It really wasn't all that unusual for my wife to talk very directly and succinctly. So she wasn't trying to shock me with her statements. It was just how she approached things her whole life. What did she say? She had thought about it for months! Was there anything I should have noticed? Changes in her behavior? Had she been giving me verbal hints that I had missed? Could she have already been cheating on me? The answer is no to all of those.

Debbie isn't flighty or prone to acting spur of the moment. While she is deliberate, once she formulates a course of action, she doesn't hesitate or waffle, she goes for after it! Another very important fact is, she didn't say she would like to date other guys, she said she was going to date other guys! So Tim this means you have a real problem that probably won't just go away because she put you in the hospital. Damn!

So Tim, here are the outcomes that I can see. One, you could just let her date guys and hope that sooner or later she gets it out of her system and we can go back to how things were. Two, you can try to talk her out of it because frankly I don't see myself being the kind of husband that shares his wife. Three, just divorce her ass now and be done with it. Or, four, you could just die now and not have to worry about it! Frankly, number four is not looking too bad right now. I still feel like shit!

Apparently I was wrong though. I could fall asleep, because the next thing I knew daylight was streaming in through the window and the clock on the wall said it was 10:40. Shortly after I awoke a doctor did come by and explain that a Widow Maker heart attack is caused by a complete blockage of the left anterior descending artery of the heart. He said I was very lucky because this type of heart attack has a very low survival rate. If my wife hadn't been with me and called 911 right away I would have died. Ok, he was the second person to tell me how lucky I was, but I still wasn't feeling it. I asked him if severe stress can cause this type of attack. He said, "Well yes, severe emotional trauma could trigger it, but your heart problem has to have existed for awhile. It is caused by a combination of genetics and high cholesterol. Why do you ask?"

I explained as best I could what had transpired between my wife and I. He commented, "Well, that explains your request for no visitors and the DNR. Mr. Johnson, you will be in here for a few more days, but you are going to need lots of rest and quiet during your recovery period which will take some time. We were able to put a stent in instead of doing a bypass so that should shorten your recovery time. I can't help you with your personal problems, but I strongly recommend that you see a counselor to help you with your issues once you are on the road to recovery. Believe it or not, one of the most frequent side effects of a heart attack like this, is depression and it's obvious to me with your relationship issues you will be a high risk."

With that he left the room. No good bye, nothing. I don't blame him, doctors don't usually like to get personal with patients. Just give them pills or operate on them then get out!

Then another doctor who told me she was the "hospitalist" and went over all the drugs I was going to need for the next year or so! It was a damn pharmacy list! Yep, solution 4 was looking better all the time!

Shortly after the "hospitalist" left I heard a commotion in the hallway. The commotion was my wife being told that she couldn't see me! After causing quite a scene, she asked about my condition. They actually had to call security and have her forcibly removed when she was told that I specifically said she was not to be told my condition. For the first time since she hit me with her plans I felt a little better. It's childish I know, but still it was a small victory.

Apparently the doctor after having learned of my situation had ordered a sedative for me? Either that or I was so tired I slept on and off for over 24 hours. When I awoke again it was the middle of the night and Nurse Smith was standing at my bedside. "I'm glad to see you awake!" she said with way to cheerily for me. "Can you try speaking a little for me?"

I was able to speak although with a little hoarseness, but at least I could talk, thank goodness! She asked if we could talk and I nodded my head yes, but only if she called me Tim! She laughed and said that was fine and to please call her Beth.

She started out by saying she had been updated on my situation and understood more about why I had set up the no visitor policy, but was still concerned about the DNR request. I told her to forget the DNR, I didn't really want to die and that I knew that sooner or later I would have to talk with my wife. But I certainly didn't want to do that until I had recovered sufficiently.

Beth then told me that she understood, but that she had to kick my wife and all three girls off the ward shortly before I woke up. She told me what I already knew. That, I would have to talk with my wife at some point, but given the circumstance maybe I could talk with my daughters?

At this point it struck me how much, if anything, did my daughters know about what their mother had said to me. The girls were very close to their mother and it could be that they knew in advance what she was going to say? Probably not, but Debbie was especially close to Darci. Even though she was in Washington DC they talked just about every day on the phone, so maybe Darci was aware? Maybe Debbie had told the girls the truth after what happened to me?

At any rate, I agreed with Beth that I should talk to the girls especially because the older ones had traveled a great distance to be near me. Beth said that she would contact them and have them return to speak with me, but only one at a time. I told her in no uncertain terms though I wasn't going to talk with my wife and she understood.

I thought it interesting that the girls were back outside my room within five minutes. Apparently Beth had only kicked them to the waiting room. I'm pretty sure the fix was in, but I did want to see my girls so, what the heck.

Tnicoll
Tnicoll
1,779 Followers