Three Kings Law and Jessie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I still can't believe what Judge McKinnon said about Douglas."

"Oooh did he say," said the other two women, all ears.

The function ended with Mrs Adele King, chairman of the board of Three Kings Law, presenting Douglas with air tickets and luxury accommodation for two in Sydney for three nights.

* * *

Jessie sat waiting nervously with her parents.

"So you've been staying overnight with this guy."

"Mum you know I have."

"Does he have some kind of hold over you? You never stayed over with Nick."

"Well Nick is not the kind of guy to make a girl want to stay over. He just does it the once and then falls asleep."

"Oh really? Tell me about how this Douglas performs?"

"Providing you tell me about how you and dad perform in bed."

Randolph grinned and Barbara sighed and said perhaps they should discuss something else.

The doorbell rang.

Barbara licked her lips while Jessie panicked and said, "Oh god, he's here."

Her father said she'd invited Douglas to dinner hadn't she? By then her mom was heading for the door.

"Oh god," Jessie choked.

"Go into the kitchen and have a glass a water and drink it slowly. You're allowing your mother to panic you. Just trust me, it will be okay."

Barbara arrived with her arm hooked into Douglas's arm as if she were delivering a trophy.

"Darling this is my husband Douglas."

"Hi Mr Sanford. I understand you run a good ship."

"Do you know anything about me?" Douglas asked.

"You went into partnership as a new graduate with your father and after his retirement you grew the firm into the sixth largest legal practice in Auckland. You won a varsity blue in Rugby, have been Commodore of the Bayswater Yacht club, command your father's rebuilt 84-footer called Cyclops and you are convener of the Auckland District Law Society's public issues committee."

"Jessie is in the kitchen, checking on dinner for her mother. So you grilled her to compile that information?"

"No sir, I visited your firm's website. Jessie doesn't talk to me about you guys but I can say she worries you might not like me."

"Why is that?" Barbara asked.

"She hasn't said Mrs Sanford but I've pieced together little aside. You come from a long-established Auckland family and I gather you've kept her under pressure to team up with your choice of guys whom she refers to as dorks."

"Well I must say you are frank almost to the point of rudeness," Barbara said, moving away.

"That's more or less how Jessie said you'd react if I confronted you. But who cares? Either you'll like me or not whether I be myself or cower and speak with a silver tongue."

"I don't understand what you are saying."

"That's almost a grubby response Mrs Sanford."

"Well that's being rude. So what do you suggest I should have said?"

Her husband intervened. "A wine for you darling and beer or wine for you Douglas?"

"A beer thank you sir. I don't wish you to think I'm a Chardonnay wimp although I do dink it after a beer starter."

Randolph grinned. "Actually the white is a Sauvignon Blanc."

Jessie came from the kitchen and said brightly, "Oh hello?"

Douglas went over and stood with an arm round her after kissing her and said, "I think you mother doesn't like me."

"Don't listen to him Jessica," said her mother. "The jury is out. You have ditched a wimp for an aggressor."

"Take care with your judgement mother. I suggest you think teaser rather than aggressor."

"From what I've hear I agree," Randolph said. "Our guest has been busily winding you up darling."

After brief hesitation, Barbara snorted, "I ought to wallop your backside young man."

"Okay, Mr Sanford and Jessie, out of here. Mrs Sanford intends making me cry. Do you still possess your old school uniform Mrs Sanford?"

"Oh god no," she giggled, almost dropping her glass.

Randolph smiled and looked at Douglas as if saying 'Good one young man; I think you have achieved the breakthrough'.

At the table Barbara could see Randolph and their guest were getting on well and Douglas was courteous, friendly and she could not fault his table manners.

Jessie helped her mom clear away after entrée. Randolph began pouring the red wine and the men talked about pinot noir wine from Central Otago.

"Although he appears a bit much for you mom, please try to like him?"

"Darling don't bother your pretty head about it. I was rather taken aback at first but already I can see why you are all over him. He's miles ahead of Nick. Go get him darling; I'm sure he'll be worth it."

"Oh mum," Jessie said, snaking her arms around her mother and hugging her tightly.

At the table, Randolph said, "Jessie had told us you are moving to acquire a larger apartment with the intention of inviting her to move in with you?"

"Yes I have discussed that with her and suggested she gives me her answer after she talks to you guys."

"She's twenty-six so doesn't require our permission."

"All the same, you are her parents and she's been living with you all this time."

"Well we appreciate your thoughtfulness," Randolph said. "May I say what an impact you've had on Jessie in the three weeks she has been associated with you. She seems livelier and I'm aware her confidence is growing. But what I really wanted to say is you have achieved something I failed to do and that was to encourage her to seek higher qualifications. She lodged her application this morning to comment online studies for a law society legal executive qualification. She told us you applied the pressure and convinced her to talk to your firm's HR manager and in her words, from that moment there was no turning back."

"Thank you. She a lovely person sir."

"Well call me Randolph from now on. What do you think of this wine... you haven't spotted the label have you?"

"No. Hmmmm. It has to be a guess... it's distinctive. I'd say it's a Peregrine pinot."

"Oh well done," said Randolph, spinning the bottle to show the Peregrine label.

At 11:00 Jessie returned to the lounge now wearing jeans and a top and carrying an overnight bag.

"I've decided to stay the night with Douglas."

Douglas glanced at the parents and heard Barbara say, "That's nice dear."

At the front door Barbara kissed Jessie good night and then grabbled Douglas and said, "You are not leaving without getting a kiss from me Douglas."

She kissed him on the lips, making quite a show of it.

The two men shook hands and Douglas said. "Good night Randolph and thanks for your hospitality guys. After my shaky start I had a great time."

"You are a very nice man Douglas and don't you forget it, Barbara cooed, hanging on tightly to her husband to avoid falling over.

As Douglas turned the car on to the feeder road to take them over the harbour bridge, Jessie said, "God did you see mum's eyes and her grin when you mentioned her old school uniform? It makes me wonder if she wears it for dad for special occasions."

"Your parents wouldn't have sex at their age would they?"

Jessie just sighted but moments later said, "Darling would you like to buy a wee present for me."

Douglas moved his pre-used Holden sedan on to the left lane, spotting two cop cars with flashing lights speeding up behind him. "Yes I'll do that for you sweetie."

"I'd like you to buy a nurse's uniform for me from a sex shop."

"Oooh yes. I suggest a couple of sizes too small for you."

* * *

After six months Douglas was so busy he hired a partially qualified lawyer to assist him and when Jessie gained her legal executive registration she converted into Douglas's second legal assistant and the two women sharing general admin duties, making it unnecessary for Douglas to have a PA. He was now operating as a business within a business, being charged for his office and corporate services. With the money rolling in together with a loan from his parents who spent most of the year on the Gold Coast, Queensland, he purchased a house on the North Shore with great coastal views and only a couple of miles from Jessie's parents. They were their first guests for dinner held the week after the house warming party.

While Douglas was fixing drinks he heard Barbara ask Jessie was there any news about starting a family.

"No."

"Have you discussed it with him?"

"No mum and please do not interfere, not even a hint. He will tell me when he's ready."

In bed that night, puffing after a robust bout of sex, Douglas said, "I see you've tossed out that nurse's costume that looked worn out. That was the second one wasn't it?"

"The third."

"Should I buy a school girl's outfit this time?"

"No I'm happy to go along as we are, without embellishments."

"Have you thought about when is the right time to start trying to have children?"

Douglas grinned when he heard her catch her breath and then say she supposed she really hadn't thought about it.

"Suppose?"

Jessie wriggled as if feeling under pressure. "Why am I being interrogated?"

"Because anyone using the word 'suppose' makes me suspicious."

"You don't say."

"Well ignore that. When I left the dinner table after mains to make a phone call I spoke to Professor McKinnon. I explained your academic qualifications and what work you do for me and the experience you have gained working for Three Kings Law and he said when you are ready, arrange an appointment to see him. It is possible you could gain admission to the law school without having to do any further studies. You might have to appear before an admission panel. It will be acknowledged that Three Kings Law strongly supports the school."

"Why do you want me to do law?"

"You were most impressed the other night talking to that old lawyer and learning she is still active in law with her own clients at the age of seventy-six. That should reinforce the realization a long active business life might await you after you have two children at primary school. Well here's the deal: you apply to study law, get pregnant and we'll marry."

There was silence.

"Do we have a deal?"

Jessie snorted, "That's so typical of a male manufactured deal; the women gets left doing all the work."

They laughed and cuddled and then Jessie whispered. "Deal, I'll come off the pill tomorrow and will try to get a time to see Prof McKinnon tomorrow."

"Good, that makes me so happy. You know of course what this means?"

"Because of your sexy smile you'll take my female clients from me?"

"I'm thinking you'll be safe from that. You father will want you with him, grooming you to be his successor."

"Omigod, doesn't your brain ever stop churning?"

Jessie settled in against him and said dreamily, "What kind of baby do you want?"

"I suppose not a black one."

She was still giggling when she fell asleep.

THE END