Time for Truth Ch. 07

Story Info
Ares has a revelation; Geraldo meets the Alpha.
11.7k words
4.83
13.8k
12

Part 7 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Welcome back,

Braden is taken into custody by the vampires. They question him, and everyone is informed of Geraldo's presence, except the children. Benny meets a new friend at Thane. Ares has a revelation.

Happy reading. IR2R

*****

Braden didn't even resist. He went with the two men peacefully. They escorted him to a small building built near the edge of the Loess Falls compound.

"Sit, would you like a drink?" the big blond vampire asked.

Braden refused a drink and waited. Soon the dark haired vampire spoke with his friend and the two men watched him intently. He watched the two vampires carefully as well. The dark-haired one seemed to be in charge. He was of average size for a vampire and deadly. For some reason, Braden was not afraid. That was strange, because he was in a precarious position. One bite from either of these men, and his life was forfeit. The dark-haired male left out of the room and the blonde haired man sat with him. He did not speak, but he didn't try to intimidate him either. Braden knew he was more than likely waiting for his friend to return and then they'd decide what to do with him. Vampires protecting wolves, Unusual. he thought, but he knew of a Texas pack that had formed an alliance with the vampires decades ago. It was coincidental that Geraldo's children were members of this unique pack. Soon, the dark-haired vampire returned.

"I am Gustavo. This is my friend Damian. We are here as security for this wolfpack. We count those wolves as our family and sir, no one messes with our family." Gustavo stopped. Braden wasn't nervous, because years of surveillance taught him to keep himself in check.

"Who are you?" the big vampire asked. "More importantly, who sent you here?" he demanded. He was already set to contact Alpha Javon and Gernick about this, but he first wanted to know if this interloper was really a threat.

Braden took a deep breath and answered. "I am Braden Sims, private investigator. My employer hired me to find his children. His name is Geraldo Javier Cortez." The vampires did not react, but Braden suspected that they recognized Geraldo's name. "I have his contact information if you need it. He told me to give it to anyone concerning his children that required it." At this point, Damian gathered the information and went to his computer. Gustavo stepped out to make some important calls.

Gustavo called Javon. Seeing Gustavo's name prompted Javon to answer immediately. He had a sense of foreboding and he knew Gustavo would not call unless it was an emergency.

"Alpha Javon, good morning. We have a situation. Will you come to my office? I have someone here you need to meet." Gustavo explained.

"I'm on my way." Javon replied. "Elise, something is going on. I'm headed to Gustavo's office. I'll be back soon, love." He kissed her gently.

As soon as Gustavo hang up from Javon, he contacted Gernick. Gernick, Cortez has sent someone to find the children. We have him in our offices. Do you want to talk to him?

Damn it! Yes, hold him. I'll alert the others. Gernick replied.

"Love, what's going on?" Nickie asked as her husband became agitated.

"Cortez has sent someone to find the children. Gustavo and Damian have him." He explained. Nickie was concerned. BJ was like a son to her and if this guy tried to take his kids, he'd crush him. No one would hurt one of the children.

Nickie stood, "I'm going to talk with Nina. She needs to be made aware of this." She explained and she vanished to the compound. Nina was at work when Nickie appeared. She could tell right away that something was wrong.

"Nickie, what is it? What's wrong?" Nina demanded.

"The children's birth father is on his way here. Gernick has gone to see a man he sent to find them. I want you to know that no one will hurt our kids." She explained. Nina knew that this was serious, and she was afraid. Those three kids were her grandbabies and no one would take harm them in any way.

Years ago, the Ivanovs pledged their loyalty to the Loess Falls Pack. Not because of some agreement, but because they counted them as family. Gernick's wife, Nickie, and the head betas mate, Nina, were blood sisters. They were connected and shared a bond that not even time would break. Gernick swore to his wife that her family would be protected and he along with his siblings honored his promise. At first the vampires were posted right outside the walls of the compound, but over the years, Gernick and Garrick moved Gustavo and his team to an office near the town. They wanted the vampires to be less intrusive, when really the wolves didn't mind. They loved when their friends visited. In all honesty, the vampires spent almost as much time in the compound as they did in their own homes. The children were considered pack.

Within minutes Javon walked into the offices. He scented the strange wolf immediately. "Gustavo what is going on? Who is this guy" he demanded, facing Braden.

"This is Braden Sims. We caught him taking pictures of the kids. He was explaining to us that his boss hired him to locate his children. I'll allow him to explain." Gustavo stated. A vampire came to the door and called Gustavo leaving Javon alone with Braden.

Neither spoke at first, just watched each other carefully. "Mr. Sims, first of all I would like to welcome you to Loess Falls. I am curious, as to why would you be taking pictures of my pack members?" Javon demanded.

Braden took a deep breath. "Alpha Loess, I mean no disrespect. I am a private investigator. I work for Geraldo Cortez, Jr.. He has been searching for his kids for almost a year. He hired me and I tracked them here."

Javon froze and was silent. If what this man was saying was true, then he had a serious situation on his hands. Javon stopped and faced the man before him, and then he spoke. "These children are a part of Loess. Can you contact your employer? I want to talk to him."

Braden spoke, "I gave him your number, the one I found in the local directive, knowing Geraldo, he is probably headed here and will call you before the day ends."

Javon nodded, and sent to Elise. Love, let me know if I get a call from a Geraldo Cortez. Elise froze. Cortez was the original name for the Daniels children before they were adopted and their names legally changed. Julianne refused to let the drop their original last name, so each child still had Cortez in their name.

Sweetheart, do I need to call BJ and Julianne? Elise asked, her concern now ratcheting up even more notches. Just as she ended the conversation with her mate, her phone rang. "Madam Alpha, a man is on the phone. He wanted to speak to Alpha Javon. He says it's urgent."

"Put him through Mary." Elise ordered. "Hello"

"Good morning, Madam Alpha. My name is Geraldo Javier Cortez, and I must speak with your mate immediately." The man on the phone spoke urgently.

"Mr. Cortez, the Alpha is busy. Maybe I can help you. Exactly what do you need?" Elise asked carefully.

"Madam Alpha. I am on my way to Houston as we speak. I am requesting a meeting with you and your mate on an important and personal matter. I should arrive in Texas within the hour and then I will drive to Loess Falls. I hope you and your mate are willing to talk with me so I can explain my situation. I will call back when I arrive in your city." Geraldo insisted.

Elise could not get a word in before the male hang up. His mannerism, tone, and confidence screamed one thing. He was an Alpha. She knew this instantly. She was not sure how her mate would react to another Alpha male entering his territory, especially one who may seem hostile.

Javon, he called. He's coming here. What is going on? Is this guy related to the children. We will not let him take our children. Elise sent almost panicking.

Love, be calm. Gustavo and Damian have one of his cohorts in their office. I'm talking to him now. Javon sent with a shaft of warmth to comfort his mate. He knew she'd be just as worried as he was.

He then faced Braden. "Your boss called and will be here shortly." Javon was curious for he knew their world was about to be knocked on its axis. He asked Braden one question. "Exactly, what did you boss task you to do?" Before Braden could answer, two more men entered the room. They were clearly vampire, and like his original jailers, he could tell they were loyal to this pack.

Braden took a deep breath. He thought about Geraldo and how he helped him survive prison a few years earlier. He looked out for him and he owed him. All he wanted was his children, any man would. He would stand up for him even if it cost his life.

All of the men sat and watched each other. Braden knew the alpha and he suspected the other two men were Ivanovs, members if a powerful vampire family. No one spoke at first but soon Javon broke the silent stalemate. "As you said earlier, Mr. Cortez has called and I will meet with him soon. I also recognize his name and know that the Daniel's kids are his reason for coming here. Those kids are my family. No one will cause them pain." The alpha declared angrily.

Gernick stood and placed his hand on Javon's shoulder. After the kids arrived Gernick made it his business to learn about them. He hired researchers and learned of the Cortez pack and that alpha banned his son and young daughter in law. He also found out the Gerardo was locked up and would not be released for decades. He actually was instrumental in arranging that he be held at one of the safer prisons. Since it was a human jail, he had no real sway over the jailers, but once his friend, Judge Ramirez was appointed, Gernick asked him to revisit Geraldo's case.

He knew who the children belonged to years ago. He contacted their grandfather and the old man refused them. He actually wanted to tell Javon about him, but the kids latched on to BJ and Julianne. The wolves could not locate the father of the kids and bonds formed with their new parents. A wolf adoption was not like a human one. No paperwork, no legal hoops, just connections. They loved them and he kept what he had learned secret.

Now he sat here knowing another person that had been wronged. Javon saw Geraldo as a threat, and he was but these were his children. Finally, Gernick spoke. "Braden, I'm not surprised to see you here. I knew he would come or send someone."

Javon stared at his friend. He was shocked that he spoke with the interloper so freely. Braden was surprised at the ease at which the vampire addressed him. He did not know him, but everyone had heard of Gernick Ivanov.

"He is on his way here. He should be here shortly, and then he can explain." Braden stated.

Javon gaped at his friends because he realized that the vampires knew more than they let on. Javon kept a cool head. Until he talked to Cortez, he would hold off on judgments. Elise told him he was on his way to Texas. They'd met him at the airport, and take him to the compound. He'd ask Thaddeus and Nina to join them. Once they talked and established his goals, then they'd make a decision.

There was nothing else that Sims could disclose. "Mr. Sims," Javon spoke. "I am asking that you remain here until further notice. You are not a prisoner, but you do represent a clear problem for us. As soon as you boss arrives, I ask that you join us as we meet."

Braden nodded, and then his stomach growled. "Come on, let's grab lunch. I know a great place." Javon suggested.

Love, I'm taking Braden to lunch. I'm calling Cortez and when he lands I want to meet him at the airport. I need you, Thaddeus, and Nina with me. He explained.

What about BJ and Julianne? This concerns their children. Shouldn't they be present? Elise queried.

Javon thought and agreed; his mate was right. But he wanted to meet with the man initially to gage if he was a threat, then he'd bring in the parents. If Cortez's intention in any way place the Daniel's family in jeopardy, then they had to be prepared for the worse.

*****

At Thane, the boys had been back for a few days and resumed their classes. Phillip had not talked with Alpha Michael, but he knew he had to soon. He was afraid. Often, Alpha Michael and Madam Alpha Brandy often sent reassuring messages through their newly formed bonds.

Phillip was unusually quiet. Unlike the boisterous, outgoing fun-loving guy from a few months ago, he was subdued. Ares was growing suspicious. He wasn't sure when this change occurred, but he knew something happened over their visit home. Three of the guys stayed at the apartment, but Phillip preferred staying at the compound.

This was not unusual, but there was something else. Classes had finished for the day, and Phillip was driving back to the compound, Ares wanted to talk to him before he left. "Hey, Phil, can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked.

"Yeah, Ares, what's up?" Phillip asked.

The two sat and Ares asked point blank, "Phil, what's going on with you? You've been acting strange since we went home."

Phillip exhaled. He thought he was still acting normal. He wasn't ready to disclose information to his friends yet about his pack affiliation. But his friends deserved the truth. "Ares, I need to talk with Alpha Michael first." Phillip explained.

Ares nodded, because he could respect that. "OK, but Phil, let me know what's going on, alright. We want to help." At this point Benny and Kevin entered and the boys dropped the topic. Not that they were trying to keep secrets, but because despite everything Phillip had a right to his privacy.

Kevin and Benny seemed unaware of the changes in their friend. So the four boys joked and decided to follow Phil back to the compound. Once they arrived at the compound, they joined their family and friends. Benny and Kevin talked about Marisol's party and that they asked the girls to come to California one weekend.

Everyone seemed excited, and Benny could not wait to talk to Alpha Michael. As the groups chatted, Michael and Brandy walked in. Phillip knew when the Alpha pair entered immediately. Michael sought Phillip out and realized he needed to talk with him soon. Phillip, after dinner, we need to talk. Come by the house.Michael sent.

Yes Alpha. Phillip replied.

Dinner was served and the wolves enjoyed each other's company. As they finished, Zoe called Ares. She wanted to spend time with him, Being such a gentleman, he joined her for an evening run. As they talked, they undressed, wanting to make sure they had clothes to redress at the end if their run. Laughing, the two took off. Their friends decided to leave them alone. It was obvious they had more in mind than just running.

Soon, Saphirra, a young she wolf from the pack approached Benny. He laughed and the two of them talked. She'd recently came of age and had a crush on the junior beta. Benny was flattered, but he knew he was different, so even though he was tempted he would not get involved with any females unless she was willing to be his mate.

However, he talked to her. Saphirra thought Benny was the most handsome male she'd ever seen. She wanted to get to know him. Saphirra was always honest with herself. She wasn't beautiful, like some of the females in the pack. She detested doing girly stuff. She was natural, no makeup, no hair dyes for her. What you see is what you get was her motto. She had dark hair, and pie shaped faced with big brown eyes, and a cute button mouth. She had a dimple in her right cheek, but nothing else that made her stand out. She kept her brown locks cut short. She always wore it brushed down and out of her face. She could run, play ball, and hunt with the best of the males.

Saphirra did not have a lot of female friends, just a couple of girls that were outcast like she was. She mostly stayed around her older brother, Patch, and worked at the garage. She liked the Loess wolves because they accepted her. The first day they arrived, neither one looked at her strangely or judged her. Everyone was excited when the new wolves from Texas arrived. The males were pleasant, but other females caught their attention.

As the Texas wolves integrated into the pack more, Saphirra watched them curiously. First she noticed Phillip. He and Ares were very popular amongst the females in the pack. Ares was very active at first then he met Zoe. Now he was monogamous and shared his affections only with her. However, Phillip was less discriminating. If a female was willing, he was on it. He didn't interest her, so next she noticed Kevin. He was handsome, and she actually enjoyed talking to him. He reminded her of her brother and therefore, she could never see anything happening with him. But, Benny, now he was everything she dreamed of. He was tall, handsome, and so kind.

Hannah, Benny's grandmother, was well respected amongst the pack. Her family admired the strong woman who survived after losing her only daughter and mate. When Benny returned, you could see the life return to Hannah's eyes. But that was not all he brought. He and his friends brought new hope to the pack.

Saphirra had never been with anyone, but Benny fascinated her. He never messed with any of the females. He flirted and chased them, but he wouldn't sleep with them. Some wondered if he preferred males, but Saphirra knew that wasn't true. He wasn't ready because he hadn't met the right person.

Werewolves abstained from all adult relations until they came of age. They could date, kiss, engage in normal interactions, but sexual relations between underage wolves was frowned upon. Saphirra had just recently turned eighteen. Benny could admit he was attracted to her. However, he would not pressure her in any way. Besides, Benny had a lot of secrets, one being he was part vampire. Oh, the pack here knew of his bond with the vampires, but they had no idea how it affected his make-up. He liked Saphirra, but he wouldn't have sex with her unprotected, and he knew if he used protection, then she would look at him strangely. He went along with her as she flirted with him, and soon she wanted to go for a stroll so they could be alone. Benny complied, and walked with the lovely brunette.

Saphirra was funny. She made him smile because she was herself. She didn't primp or preen for males. She was female, but she didn't mind getting dirty. She was a guy's girl. She made him feel normal, and he didn't have to pretend with her. He was different, and he knew it. He suspected that pack members thought he was homosexual, and tried not to let it bother him. Saphirra didn't seem to care; she just liked being with him. They were laughing and joking about a game when someone cleared his throat. Benny looked up.

Saphirra suddenly became quiet. It was then that Benny looked around and noticed some of the pack males approaching them. He had no problems with members of this pack before, so he could not fathom why she froze up. Soon one of the larger males decided to taunt them. "Look, two dudes trying to get it on. Benny, I heard the rumors, but thought they weren't true. I guess you are gay. Too bad, my kid sister was ready to do you. We thought you were straight man, not one of them." Bruce teased.

Saphirra wilted. Gone was her sweet smile, the joy she'd exuded moment earlier. Benny was instantly annoyed. "Look, Bruce, you owe Saphirra an apology. You are out of line and I will not stand for it."

Saphirra stood frozen. She was afraid. She was used to the taunts, and never really complained. She could have gone to Alpha Madam, but they would have still found ways to torment her. Now because of her, they would target Benny. Saphirra was not unaware of her shortcomings. She wasn't what others would call beautiful, but she was cute. She knew she didn't act like other girls but she wasn't a guy. Bruce often teased her in the past, but this time he was extremely brutal. She would not cry, as much as it hurt, she wouldn't let them see her cry.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers