All Comments on 'Timestopper Begins Ch. 01'

by Drmaxc

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Confusing

Wasn't too sure what was going on here ...

ProfDavrosProfDavrosabout 9 years ago
Wow!

I didn't have a problem with a bit of mystery, where I'm left to join the dots. Interesting premis and I hadn't considered that you'd hear no sound if time froze. That if two were caught there you couldn't talk / hear etc.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 5 years ago
Author gets words wrong and then over uses it for 26 chapters.

Ok so you constantly bang on with “PUDENDA” I think you think it means pussy or vagina, as in future chapters you say that her pudenda was soft, wet, loose and open for fingers. Well your just wrong. Pudenda means MORE than one set of external genitalia. A woman doesn’t get wet and loose and soft on the outside but on the inside so not pudenda. Also the biggest mistake is that it’s not pudenda but pudendum. You see pudenda is plural as in many and pudendum is singular. Another thing is that pudendum means any external genitalia and not necessarily human, just external genitalia in general.

So if you’ve just started this series your asking what the fuck? Well as you go on you’ll find that he never shuts up about this word and uses it incorrectly every time and he uses it whenever he can and hundreds of times when he can’t. The word is used so many times that it’s just distracting, SO FUCKING ANNOYING. That I gave up less than half way through the series.

DrmaxcDrmaxcabout 5 years agoAuthor
Pudenda - a reply

I would not want anyone put off the series by reading the above comments by Jackspeed 2u. Pudenda is indeed a plural but that is the normal usage of the word. The singular, pudendum, is rarely used. Pudenda is correct because it refers to a number of organs rather than a singular one; so not just the vagina or clitoris but the whole set of organs. This is no different from talking about ‘genitalia’ which is a plural word or the anglicised ‘genitals’ or a woman’s ‘bits.’ All are plurals.

As to my usage of the word I cannot really see that I use it an excessive number of times as a word count for the series shows only 25 uses as compared to ‘vagina’ which is in the 70’s, i.e. less than one use per chapter! It is good practice to vary words and I rather like this one. I am not so keen on ‘pussy’ but such things are personal taste. I very much dislike the ‘C’ word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Jackspeed2u

You said "Well your just wrong.", what you should have said is "Well you're just wrong.". Doh!

RobertFettRobertFett8 months ago

Love these. 'timeless' (ahem) classics.

I live them so much that I've actually written some of my own, but they aren't ready to publish yet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDrmaxc@Drmaxc
Dr. Max Cummings Born Maximilian Audacious Rollo Cummings on 29 April 1889 in what was then the British South Indies. Sent, at an early age, to boarding school in England, he moved successively from Linbury Court Prep. School to Greyfriars before matriculating, with the under...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES