To Love a Stray Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"I knew this was your doing!" Wade snarls on a low hiss of anger.

"Doc?" Baxter asks quietly with a frown towards Wade for his outburst. "Do you know enough of what is happening to have a medical opinion on any of this?"

"The steps Wade wishes to take will undoubtedly be detrimental to both Rosy's physical and mental health. Only last week Rosy came very close to dying because of the collar Wade insisted she wear. If not for extreme efforts on the part of both Micah and Mitchell, to my understanding, Rosy would have died." Doc says soberly and I have to repress the tremors that try to shake me at the reminder of Rosy's brush with death.

"Now since Rosy no longer wears the collar Wade wishes to lock her in a cage once again, she isn't fully recovered from her last stretch in a cage. As for Jasmine, I believe her illness has been correctly diagnosed and treated and she is well on the road to full health. I have no doubt the stress of knowing Rosy has been locked in a cage once again, regardless of whether Jasmine is here to witness it or not, will be detrimental to Jasmine's full recovery." Doc states firmly. "And if one or both of Micah and Mitchell were to be expelled from the clan, I believe it would impact both Jasmine and Rosy strongly."

"Hmm," Baxter says and is silent for a few minutes.

I glance between Wade, Doc and Baxter before turning my gaze back to Wade but listening for any movements from Baxter as well.

"The way I see it Wade," Baxter says in a gentle tone, "for as long as Micah has been chief warrior you have left the day to day running of the clan almost entirely to him. There have been numerous occasions you have cut the ground out from beneath him instead of supporting his decisions, decisions you have forced him to make by not stepping up to make them yourself."

"You have been so busy building your business ventures in the human world. Earning the money necessary to be able to keep this clan alive while your daughter's future was under a cloud of doubt, that you sub-consciously handed the care of the clan to Micah. You didn't choose your first-born son - you chose in the best interests of your clan. I am not saying you shouldn't be proud of Edwin - I hear he has impressed several Alphas with his abilities and knowledge since leaving," Baxter says and I hear Wade give a faint snort.

"Now fate has handed your daughter a gift of time to be able to prove her ability to provide this clan with a future. I know Rosy reminds you of all that is bad in the American strays, yet you yourself told me she shows a lot of promise of being a good Queen. But she needs to stop running away all the time and learn to be respectful towards those in authority." Baxter says levelly. This revelation is new to me and Wade's view certainly is different to mine, I have never seen badness in Rosy only fear, the product of the bad that has been done to her.

"Obviously Micah sees the good in her, and I believe your son also would see the bad if it was there present. What about Mitchell McIntosh? Yes he is a brother of Rosy but he is also the only tom your daughter has been seriously interested in. Why would he permit any threat to his future mate by anyone? Even his own sister?" Baxter shakes his head and takes a deep breath.

"Its time to stop fighting to keep your daughter safe Wade," Baxter pauses for several moments. "You've trained your son well and gathered the best team of warriors around. Take the time to step back and relax, you've got a grandchild on the way and a wife still young enough to lead you on a merry chase through the bush. Doc believes your daughter will recover, so there will be grandchildren there as well. Step down and allow Micah to take over, enjoy what you have built for your children."

"It won't be just Micah, we agreed it would be both of us," Mitchell says on a low growl.

"Yes that's true," I say. "We believe the clan would benefit from both of us making the decisions."

"The clan first, how can you argue with that Wade?" Baxter asks as he folds his arms.

"I am keeping the key to the quarters," Wade announces tightly. "I will not be locked out of any building on clan headquarters while I am still in charge."

"Looks like I will just have to take the key and show you who is in charge," I say as I take a step towards him.

"Not you, that's for sure," Wade growls back as he begins to try to walk away.

"Wade, hand over the key," Baxter advises. "That way you get to keep your dignity and you should get to see your grandchildren grow up."

"The key," I say in a hard voice as I hold my hand out towards him once again.

I see anger flare in his eyes and he hesitates a second or two before reaching into his back pocket and dropping the key into my hand.

"What are you going to do? Marry your own sister?" Wade taunts.

"Do you have any copies of this key?" I ask coldly.

"Unfortunately I gave all the copies to you traitors," Wade hisses.

"If any copy was to mysteriously appear and you were to enter the quarters with out an invitation I am likely to believe you are up to no good, forget myself and kill you." I tell him coldly. "I am prepared to do whatever is necessary to remove any threat to the safety and wellbeing of Rosy and Jazzy. Now get the hell out of here before I forget myself and only remember that you would lock Rosy in a cage, and expose Jazzy to a lot of stress and trauma that will not aide in her recovery from her illness. You have blatant disregard for the health and well being of both she-kitts belonging to this clan."

I watch as Wade walks to the main house, I don't take my attention off him until I hear the screen and wooden doors open and shut. I look towards Mitchell first and find him watching me.

"Hope you don't mind the promotion," I say lightly. "It's time you thought about letting my sister make an honest man out of you anyway."

"You explain it to her," Mitchell says with a bit of a laugh.

"Does this mean Mitchell is the brains and Micah is the brawn of this outfit?" Doc asks with an uneasy glance between us.

"No, they will have to work as a team in all aspects," Baxter says quietly.

"You need to come in as soon as you can," Sam says soberly from the doorway and I turn to face him. "We heard part of the argument from inside. Jazzy is upset and Rosy is ready to start ricocheting off the walls. I think that will happen when she realises who the clan Alphas are."

I almost groan aloud at his announcement. I have been trying to find the words to start the conversation with Rosy about the change of authority since it happened just over an hour earlier. Now it is all about to come out in the open with the thick and bitter tang of aggression in the air.

"Doc, it might be wise for you and Donny to stay here tonight," Mitchell says with a glance my way. "Wade is going to be really upset."

"Mitchell's right," I agree when Doc turns to me for conformation. "And he is co-leader of this clan. He has just as much say in matters as I do."

Sam heads back inside followed by Doc, Baxter and Donny before Mitchell and I follow. I take the time to ensure the main door is locked securely before heading through to the lounge room and kitchen.

"You gave him a beating?" Dwayne asks levelly.

"He refused to hand over the key to the quarters he had when I asked for it," I say with a shrug. "Luckily Baxter arrived in time to talk some sense into him."

I follow Jazzy into the kitchen slowly, careful not to make any sudden movements as Rosy takes a couple of uneasy steps away from where I head. I sit down at the kitchen table and watch as Mitchell folds Jazzy in his arms.

"Jazzy, I kind of promoted Mitchell to your fiancé outside," I say with an apologetic smile.

"Impossible," Jazzy snaps as she pulls out of his embrace and turns to face him. "Mitchell has never proposed to me!"

"Well, umm," Mitchell goes red faced as he glances around the two rooms self-consciously. "Will you marry me Jazzy?"

"Only if you promise that from now on I am in on all decisions about our relationship," Jazzy says soberly then flings her arms around Mitchell's neck bringing laughter from several of the toms.

"Alright then, who wants a cup of coffee or something stronger?" Baxter asks as he steps into the kitchen and heads for the percolator.

"Why don't you sit down at the table with me Rosy so I can explain to you what has happened?" I ask quietly. I take a seat at the table so I am facing her and she is glancing between me, Mitchell and Baxter nervously.

"I can hear just fine from here," Rosy says uneasily as she watches me.

I can see her nostrils flaring as she breathes and I realise she is most likely subconsciously reading the scents in the air even as she watches the interaction between all of us.

"Mitchell and I are now the co-Alphas of this clan," I say quietly and her eyes narrow in suspicion immediately. "I intend to try to devote some time each day to explaining how werecat society functions and I will also try to help you understand the rules and regulations of not just our clan but other clans as well. You are free to talk to your brothers about anything you choose if you prefer that."

"Is Rosy free to come and go from clan lands as she chooses?" Baxter asks as if curious and I see the way Rosy's gaze sharpens as she watches me.

"Personally I hope Rosy chooses to stay here, living alone would not be a safe option," I admit with a glance towards her stomach. I see the way she instantly folds her arms protectively about herself.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers