To Love a Were Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers

It was only when Alaron came into the room that he realised why.

"Have you called father yet?"

"Yes... and you know who is also coming. Pathetic."

"Who, you? Yes you are. Now tell me, dear brother... when you met Fiona two days ago, what condition was she in?"

"Umm, she was ravenous... I mean she had never been around so many humans in her life and all she wanted to do was suck the living hell out of them."

"So did she?"

"Of course not! That's why she tried to get away from them and bumped into me," he said. When Draven raised an eyebrow curiously, he rolled his eyes. "Fine... I went to look for her. I've been keeping an eye out for her and when I saw her in such an unstable condition, I took her here..."

"With the sole purpose of testing that pill we've been working on," said Draven matter-of-factly. "You know that thing is not 100% tested yet. Her body probably rejected the matter and went into fight or flight mode," he said, shaking his head. "Guess the little one's not so weak after all... since she chose to fight to stay alive. That probably triggered her powers. I mean, they're after all designed to aid the Vampire in capture of prey."

"Thank you brother. I feel much better now," said Alaron sarcastically. "But how do you explain the sudden ageing? It is impossible for her to awaken again is it?"

"Ah... this is just merely speculative. As you know... your mother was human and so are her parents. I guess the fight or flight mechanism also triggers the human genes in her body to fight as well. It's like getting sick you know; your antibodies fighting with the bacteria and virus. Only in this case, our gene is the virus... and her human antibodies are winning..."

"Thus displaying her real dominant traits? Yeah... she was a brunette when I met her." Alaron gave a loud sigh. "I am so sorry about this..."

"You should be. We've got company... and by the looks of it, they want you to be really sorry," said Draven with a smile. "I'll greet our guests."

***

Draven approached the front door with caution; confident that his father would block any irrational attack from his Werewolf guests. He could tell that the male Were was harbouring rather vicious, murderous thoughts.

"Good evening father," he said with a smile before turning towards Eian and bowing. "Your Excellency... and Lady... oh, Miss Amber MacFarlane? Welcome to my humble home. Please come in."

"Where is she, Culzean?" asked Eian the moment he stepped inside.

"Your Excellency... please sit down. Unfortunately, there is something that we need to discuss before you can see her."

Eian eyed Draven curiously but sat down nonetheless to listen to Draven's explanation. He didn't interrupt until Draven was finished.

"So you're saying that Fiona is not just an unstable violent time bomb but she's also becoming human again?"

"Not exactly... if she's human then she can't possibly have such a powerful ability."

"My son! Are you saying that my only female descendant will eventually... die?" asked Aramis, clearly in shock.

"We do not know anything at this point Aramis... I want to see her. Please," said Eian sadly, turning to Draven.

Draven nodded and ushered them towards the guest room but did not open the door to let them in.

"I would like to forewarn you, Your Excellency that she might suggest you to do harm onto yourself... or worst, herself."

Eian didn't answer but placed a gentle hand on Draven's shoulder and nodded. When he entered the room, he saw that she was conscious but still in a daze; lying on her right side and staring at the window.

"Sweetheart... it's me," he said gently but didn't make an attempt to get closer. It was not just her appearance that was different but her scent too. When she didn't say anything, Eian called her again, this time, taking a step forward.

"Go away..." she said softly but didn't turn around. Eian heard Draven taking in a deep breath.

"Sweetheart... I'm really sorry that I couldn't come sooner. I looked everywhere for you... please look at me..."

"I only want you in the room," she said in a soft voice. "Get everyone out... before I do."

Draven, Amber and Aramis quickly moved away from the door upon hearing her words. With as much care as possible, Eian closed the door and began to walk towards Fiona.

"Sweetheart..." he murmured as he sat on the bed to look at her.

"My life has been very tumultuous... I'm tired Eian..." she said, turning her head to look up at him.

"I know," he whispered and held her close. "I'm here..."

Fiona simply moved closer towards him, pressing her face against his thigh. Slowly she felt the tears escaping her eyes but she tried as much as possible to hide her face from his sight.

"Eian... I'm sorry," she whispered. "But you have to go... I cannot risk having you around me." She felt his muscles tense up as the words sunk in.

"No... I can't just let you suffer on your own... Please Fiona, I want to be with you."

Fiona simply smiled, still hidden from his view, "I might hurt you... and that is the last thing that I want to do," she said. "I might have sudden bursts of anger and say things that I don't mean. I can't Eian... I just can't..."

"I won't leave you Fiona..." he replied calmly. "Unless you make me."

Fiona moved away from him and raised her eyes slowly to look at his; her icy blue against his intense green eyes.

"Walk out of the room, Eian... and... just keep walking," her voice was almost a hiss but he heard it loud and clear.

His legs felt like something was crawling on them and they were wobbling slightly. Even then, he didn't take his eyes off her and watched the way her irises darken to an ebony hue. He could sense her anger and scent the heat coming from her body but he refused to give in to his legs' desire to walk.

He kept his eyes fixed on her for as long as he could... before everything turned black...

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers