Tragedy in the Oilfield

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c1992w
c1992w
536 Followers

Julie replied, "If I agree to that, Millie, how do I know you will follow through and buy our house?"

Millie said, "Why should I wish to capitalize on your misfortune? I will pay cash for your home. And, I don't want the children to be disrupted as much as you and Robb don't either. Besides, what motivation would I have to do otherwise?"

Julie asked, "Would you hold a minute"

Robb and Millie sat looking at each other almost crying while Julie and a man could be heard in an unintelligible conversation. Like children again, both had their fingers crossed while they waited.

Julie came back on line and said, "O.K. Robb and Millie, I trust you because you have never done anything shady or spiteful. Please get the paperwork ready for me to sign?"

The End

Epilogue 1: The family court petition took two days to approve the changes. The next day, the three appeared at the Title Trust company to transact the home sale. The administrator gave both Robb and Julie a check for their equity. Julie's significant other sat in his SUV in the parking lot with a loaded U-Haul trailer attached. Later the children could hardly suppress their excitement when told that Millie and their Dad will be moving in with 'them.'

Epilogue 2: Five years later, Julie's mother mailed a news paper clipping to Robb at his office address from the Bakken Daily Ledger: Julie Delmont Hall and John L. Leason were shot dead in their apartment. The husband, Larry Hall, called 911 and surrendered the apparent murder weapon to the police..."

Robb, recalling that there had been no video or email or phone visit from their mother in two years, solemnly told their children that evening, "Your mother died violently in North Dakota. I am quite certain that her last thoughts were of you two, though."

At the news the younger one barely paused doing her reading assignment while the older one said, "Well, maybe Millie can be our official mother now."

c1992w
c1992w
536 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 hours ago

Some plot holes and bit unrealistic. But it did have a happy ending and this counts for something.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Had ti stop reading it was so painfull

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Robb was CUCK for Julie!! WEAK pathetic loser MC

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

You started losing me after the asshole bailed on Millie after one dance with Julie and definitely lost me after she waited for him all the remaining years. I like fiction but there are limits.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Good read interesting storyline and a somewhat bitter end. Thanks for sharing.

Show More
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Already Gone A wife and her lover plot but the husband is a step ahead.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Now It Ends She pushed me too far and I had to leave.in Loving Wives
I'll Follow the Sun Husband feels the pain of betrayal.in Loving Wives
Wife Wants a Girls Night Out Wife tells husband she wants to go out with girlfriends.in Loving Wives
More Stories