All Comments on 'Turning the Tables'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Limited

Clean and easy story, but more details would have helped it. Why did he do the DNA testing? What was his relationship with his wife and why did she cheat? Why did they not have any kids of their own? What happened to the wife and girls once the truth came out?

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Short and Sweet!

It would have been nice to know a bit more about the background. Thanks for sharing the story.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
Story is okay . . .

. . . but the whole premise is as screwed up as I can imagine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Poorly written

Inadequate story line, poor punctuation, and lousy word choices took a toll on this story.

Too many cut corners, unanswered questions, leaps of illogic. Needs an editor's help.

fregenfregenover 13 years ago
Good but...

More information please. Why did he get a DNA test? What made him suspect? Did she know the girls were not his? Also a little info on her reasons would have been nice. Why, after her exceedingly long term affair, was she unwilling to cut him any slack at all?<P>

I was thinking he had just got the results of a VD test. I did like the fact that he was able to inflict the pain and anguish he was feeling back on her. Except for the part that he actually lived it.<p>

Thanks for sharing.

C_frommnC_frommnover 13 years ago
Sneaky

Loved the Idea that the Hubby looked like the Cheater.

but in the End Wifey brought everything into the Open and cost her and her Lover a Great Deal.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Too many holes...

A rewrite that answered at least some of the questions could have made this a better story. Checking some legal facts might help too. Here, in California, the courts don't care if the DNA says the child isn't genetically the husband's, he pays child support anyway.

The premise of the story is good and could make a very entertaining story. IMHO, this wasn't it. This was a good first draft. Revise it and it could be great.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Great concept

I loved the fact that he basically had her pass judgment on herself. If she had been forgiving he would have been as well. She was unyielding so he applied the same standard of judgment. I agree that it could have been tuned up to read better and be more understandable but the concept was very fresh.

LakesLakesover 13 years ago
Great concept and good first draft

Needed many more revelations and tension as they unfold...

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Good Flash Story

I admit that I was a bit confused by the fact he could do his wife on the kitchen table after discovering the infidelity.... Quick firm strokes made the story. I do believe that the lawyer must have done some maneuvering in order to have a sitting judge who would put up with this sort of maneuvre..

toesmantoesmanover 13 years ago
Good beginning

Maybe a little too short, & too cursory; but I liked the concept of letting the wifey hang herself. Note to Scorpio; I'm an attorney in Georgia; and the DNA results in this state would be enough to relieve him of any child support payments going forward

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Father of what boy in 5 months?

I didn't get it and I didn't vote.

ohioohioover 13 years ago
Very clever concept

I agree with some of the other comments that the story was rather fast and compressed--so that some facts were not all that clear to readers. But the idea itself was a nice twist.

Thanks,

ohio

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Nice first part of what I hope is a three part story. If this is all then it sucks.

Give is more and finish this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good idea

though the story should have been more fully developed. One could say that both the story and you as an author have considerable potential. Keep coming up with the ideas and work to completely flesh them out.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Good Idea.

I will agree with others taht the story is open ended, and feels like there is more to the story. Another chapter would be appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Totally confused

What was the business about a son being born in 5 months?

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 13 years ago

Need another chapter. But it was good

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Minimalist original

Like Brancusi's "Baby" the essence has been stated. Completely original revenge. I agree with jasonnh: her behavior was the predicate for his.

Risq_001Risq_001over 13 years ago
At first I wasn't going to comment, but then I thought I might (^_^)

I liked it!

It was a different twist, it said basically "How could you expect me to live with what you couldn't do" type of story, but he gave her a chance to lay her cards on the table first but say "It was just sex" and have them both start with a clean slate.

He went the love route first.

But the twist at the end was nice and unexpected. (^_^)

I too agree it seems a little short and a closure where he's happy and getting the family he wanted would be nice.

-Risq

PS: I kept waiting for the part where he said "While be both agreed that infidelity was to be put on the decree, she agreed to it because she felt it was mine. I still request that it be added even though the blame lies with her because I wouldn't expect her to live with anything less than that she would expect me to live with"

Or something like that (^_^)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good start but needed an editor

Your basic premise was interesting. However, you telegraphed it from the beginning.

The holes in your story have been covered before. Let me add just one more, there is no freaking way companies will pay for not enforcing a portion of a contract meant to be for their benefit. With all the extra-marital sex going on in the work force, settlements would eclipse the national debt!

ttom

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
Refreshing!!!!!!!!!!

Good story with a new twist I like. [Thank you] for a good read.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
It's certainly different

A nice twist to a story that was totally different in the end as to what I thought it would be.

Thanks for the read.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
A very fine story!

I would like to see more of this kind of writing, so please continue writing. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great twist & suitable ending to such slut ex-wives!

Hope the bitch rots in hell. Author - please keep them coming like this one!

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
I didn't like it

She basicily got away scott free, she still gets half and he gets to be there only half of the time for kids that aren't his

DunaDunaabout 13 years ago

He got almost net 500000. It is enough to look for a young wife in South East Asia. I would prefer Thailand, Laos, Wietnam or Philippines and start a new family.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Old people are not sexy

1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

DWornock you are an idiot.

Nice story!

cladymoorcladymooralmost 13 years ago
Long or Short Story

I enjoyed it. I gave you a "5". But I did not want it to end so soon.

You could have weaved quite a long tale out of this concept.

Cordially,

Cladymoor

archimedes03archimedes03over 12 years ago
DWornock

because of your comments; the story/author gets 5 Stars from me.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Don't blame Dwornock

He can't help it if he's shallow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This could change the voting system at Literotica

Authors can now be assured of receiving multiple 5's whenever DWeeb Dwornock posts another of his moronic comments (apologies to all real morons who are offended by being lumped in with him).

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
KEEPING THE LOVE OF 2 NOT HIS BLOOD, BUT SWEAT AND TEARS

and now he tries to fulfill a dream. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It Ended

way to soon. An epilogue is neefed. Great story needs a great finish!

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Is it really possible to for a husband to sue a company when a wife has an affair with her boss?

It certainly could be sexual harassment and the wife could make a case. But most states have dropped alienation of affection complaints and I don't really believe that the husband has a case here. The wife yes. I know of a case where a nurse seduced a doctor, and because the nurse had been a patient of the doctor, took him to the cleaners. He should have known better, but didn't see it coming. All the wife would have to do in this story would be to complain her boss pressured her for sex. So ironically I believe the wife could make money out of her infidelity, but not the husband. Wish authors would do a little more research on how the system actually works.

retiredMarineretiredMarineover 12 years ago
Have you noticed...

that Dwornock never posts a comment if BILLYTHEGER writes a comment???The same person, perhaps?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tortious Interference

Otherwise known as Intentional Interference With Contractual Relations. Think any company wants to deal with a legal suit that can cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars? That's why convoluted HR manuals often include clauses where the company can fire the individuals for cause if the relation is between a superior and a subordinate or if it embarrasses the company. This gives them great leeway if an office affair causes legal issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

And the boss has his other issues too, with finality, - but with no standing for the children, he may have a problem

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Now that is the way to produce chaos for a slut!

Nice plot line, author!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 NO COMMENT FROM THE WIFES SIDE

is there an epilog coming or her side. TK U MLJ LV NV

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
It just felt incomplete, to be truthful - 4 Stars.

I HOPE YOU TELL US THE WHOLE STORY AT SOME POINT.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
Way to short & incomplete

Why are all your stories so short?! This was ok but the abrupt ending really didn't do it for me. I wanted to know if she was sorry or if she wanted to be with her boss or her husband. Instead what I as a reader got was a WTF? Momment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Okay...

If you had told the entire story with appropriate tension from when he discovered the truth the strory would have been excellent. We all could see your potential as a great story teller, but most of us feel cheated as you just made it an incomplete and cute twist of the cheating theme... Oh well, it's your story to tell. Thank you for the entertainment anyway.

Ron Wood/Old Marine Vet

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
sold out

his tongue laved the turgid cock, a cornhole reamed, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Ron Wood

You want to state your opinion, fine. But don't put the rest of us in with it.

Where do you get this most of us?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Off easy?

The cheating wife still seemed to get off easy. Got her 50%, didn't loose her job and got shared custody. Maybe a little longer story with a little more followup to the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not an ending...

She appears to have gotten away with it with minimal damage. Her lover with no damage. How can this be an ending?

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
He did it so well

And she bit ans swallowed it whole - a bitch coming and going -

She did have evry chance to put the incident in a reasonable perpsective but only though of herself -

Now her self respect - gone, the affair a matter of public record which cost her em[loyer and lover much, her job will be history, the affair almost certainly ruined - works for me -

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

husband got out well that is all that matters. he got himself $650,000.00 and got rid of the cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is NO ending.....

No pain on her part; all the pain on his part. Now, does this seem right? Nope, no ending to this tale.

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001almost 11 years ago
Wow.... enjoyed the story

Great plot and nice twist... I found it a bit disturbing the hubby was willing to forget/ forgive wife's 10+ years continuous cheating and the kids not being his, if the wife was willing to "forgive him". This titbit did not prevent me from enjoying the story though... well done....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Missing

The story was good but missing her side as to why she did it.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

who gives a fuck why - she did it that is all that matters. she is a cheating cunt, wanted to have a word horse for a husband and someone to raise her bastards and still fuck around.

nothing more needs to be said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
STOP!!!

He did lose, her loved her more than life itself. He was devastated but still was willing to work with her and not just for the kids but, for him as well. He hoped she would come to a talk with him where he could disclose his knowledge in hopes that she might love him enough to give up the boss.

They both lost, she loved him, for intent she never showed any signs of infidelity and he thought he was a very lucky guy but, stupidly stood her ground and refused to even give him a moment of compassion - he now saw a different woman.

They both lost!

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 11 years ago
No Ending

Nice twist in court room for the husband.

How ever is does describe why Nacy cheated ! ?

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Well done

Beautifully played.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Nice turn about but we are missing the part of the story as to how the husband came to find out about her affair.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Whore

I know how he found out. There must have been a test done at the kids school to have their DNA on file and the father checked and found out he wasn't the biological father. That's why he was leaving the hospital at the very beginning . The wife was a cheating skank whore from the beginning and should die in pain..

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Great flash tale!

I get the feeling that Hubby wouldn't have taken her back if she'd "forgiven" him. Seems to me that he just said that in court as a way to embarrass her further. Well played! Wifey was left completely embarrassed and jobless, and Boss Bull was left broke, embarrassed, probably divorced if he was married, and jobless.

Hubby may have been embarrassed by the long-term cuckolding, but the $650,000 settlement, as well as the Asshole Boss getting fired and ruined, would go a long way toward soothing the ego. LOL

No need to know why Wifey cheated. Excuses are like assholes. Everyone has them, and they all fuckin' stink.

5 HUGE Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
whore

when you play you pay

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
Nope it wasn't a school DNA test that did it

that is why he had to have "the result of a simple test" himself.

But, it could have been a blood type mismatch. The daughters had a blood type that they could not have had if they were his.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
it would have been so much more satisfying

with even one short paragraph sharing the information leading up to his visit to the hospital. just enough to tell us how/what he learned that led him to get the paternity tests.

as it is, it is an extreme flash story. just a tad to short.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@IronDragon I Disagree

While we will obviously never know, I see no reason not to take him at his word.

If he didn't intend to reconcile, why the charade of his "affair"?

The only reasonable explanation for his action was the one he gave - if SHE had been willing to "put it behind them" and work on the marriage, then he would have been willing to do the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My problem with this?

Is that in his rush to garner some revenge, he drug their daughters through all the mud. You don't think they found out about the divorce, then the lawsuit against her boss and then the lawsuit against the Company? And I wonder how girls, 11 and 8, took the news that he wasn't their biological Father and then witnessed him trying to destroy their Mother? And why would a Judge decree joint custody? He had no standing as their Father. He was just the smuck that raised them. I'm thinking they didn't want to see or have anything to do with him. That when they saw the Court appointed shrink they said they wanted to live with their Mother and not see their Father. He cut his nose off to spite his face in this sorry tale of revenge gone bad.

sinsational83sinsational83about 9 years ago
NICE

I have to say this was actually a pretty cool story. it truly made me chuckle the ending was a surprise needless to say it was different.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
face value

I take what he said was his motive at face value.

He wanted her to feel the same sort of pain that he felt.

Since she was a hypocrite she felt that pain.

Yes it was ugly and painful for the children, but the husband was also an innocent victim of the wife.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
I was going to slap this into the Favorite folder but it was already there.

His wife deserved what she got plus more. Thank you for writing.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
TABLE TURNERS HAVE TO BE DAMN CAREFUL

sometimes the legs become tangled. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

It would appear that the feminazises and the girly boys such as FD45 didn't like the story. They failed to see how the husband got the high ground by begging her to take him back even though he knew it was his wife who was the adulteress for 10 years. She also would have to pay for his lawyer since she initiated the divorce. So he got her twice. Great BTB and he didn't go to jail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yoi are fun and twisty.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
MAKES NO SENSE

Where does the wife's reaction come from? She knows what a slut she is. Why wouldn't she just take the opportunity to cover her own infidelity with his? No she doesn't make sense at all.

sas6446sas6446over 6 years ago
UGH!!!

First of all, the "game" was pathetic! Second, in spite of his story, the judge would have ripped him a "new one" for wasting the courts time and resources and using the courts as a means of revenge!

Third, the story isn't finished!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Throw another log on the Burn the Bitch fire,,,,,!

This is a great short story! He get's his Paramour pregnant (Legal term, did you know that? Paramour) and then before that, he knew his wife had been cheating, and got a DNA test to prove it- so when they did go to court? The adultery charge would be "flipped" against her- two children, neither of them his? Yeah, that'd piss off a Judge for wasting court time when it could have been settled out of court.

Now the revenge part? His wife's Boss would certainly be fired. His Bosses wife would most certainly file for divorce- a $200,000 in back child support payments (Think: another house payment for 30 years) would infuriate the poor woman. His company- settling for only $450,000 is peanuts. With an "umbrella" insurance policy for at least $5 million, he would have gotten a bit more than $1.5 million ($1 mil after 33% attorney's fees). The new baby? Priceless. The new wife on the horizon? Priceless- but we can guess $1 million plus $200,000= reasonably comfortable living.

Bonus prize: if the husbands paramour DID get a divorce? He'd keep all that money since it was brought into the marriage before hand.

The difference between being married and a hooker is as follows: You pay $150 for one hour for a hooker on an "outcall". A wife you have to pay insurance, "her" house, "her" car, "her" clothes, and hobby. So, over a 40 year marriage- what does a wife really contribute? Children, and pussy- maybe some money if she's on the "corporate track" rather than the "mommy track"

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingabout 6 years ago
This story is a little too big...

to fit well as a flash story. It just felt really rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good until the very end

Big question. Since he's NOT the girls Father, since he sues the biological Father and wins and then sues the Company and wins, why would the Judge give him any visitation? His wife would be SO angry I don't see her allowing him visitation. That little mistake ruined the entire story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Anon on 4/25 doesn't know

In general, in the United States, child support can be based on two things: the DNA tests or the relationship involved. In this case, the kids had been raised thinking and believing that "Dad" was "Dad" as such since a relationship existed he would still be given custody. As far as her boss? That's a bit of a sticky wicket shall we say?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Longer

Should have been longer, too much going on for a flash story. Good story anyway. Again, I have to laugh at readers of fantasy fiction who accept without question that all women have 44DD chests, all back men have 12 inch cocks that magically enslave stupid white women with one fuck, and that being a cuckold is normal. Then they get all pissy over child support, or points of law in this same fantasy fiction.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Original. As usual (?) (if that makes sense).

Ok, original, which is usual for LFW.

Obviously could have used a little more character or situational development. Maybe just a wee tiny bit.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Nice twist!

It was short, but that kept the surprise twist front and center. I liked it!

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Interesting.

The trauma the husband experienced with the revelations and consequences are nothing compared to the PTSD he would suffer the rest of his life. That kind of revelation could find a man forever lost in the bottom of a bottle or hanging from the end of a rope by his own hands.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just to be clear, I still loved the two girls dearly and wanted them to continue to be a part of my future.

and as an added bonus it wont be illegal to fuck daddies little girls once the grow up

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
I liked it but -

I would like to have heard what the wife had to say and if her boss was married what happened there.

Still a good story 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gave it a 3

I don’t understand playing all the BS games. Why go through all that just to split everything down the middle. Did you tell the kids the truth, of course not. All this just to have shared custody of two kids that aren’t yours.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading again

Tricky MOFO wasn't he. Great short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just to be clear, I still loved the two girls dearly and wanted them to continue to be a part of my future.

I plan on slowly turning them against their mother and turning them into my own private fuck sluts

chuckysmariachuckysmariaabout 4 years ago
why bother with the children

they’re not his. why not cut your loss. he already won big time, why waste it on children borne from adultery. I’m really disgusted when people unnecessarily pursue to hold an imaginary moral high ground. No one among the party involved seem particularly care or affected by this moral high ground so why waste effort holding it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
soy liberal wimp

typical soy liberal wimp husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You gotta be a soyboy to love somebody else's kid? Wow. Don't say that around any foster fathers, you might get your ass kicked!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Wow. So you love two little girls with all your heart, even would take a bullet for the, for at least 8 & 11 years...

... and **poof** a piece of paper says you do not share genes and... what? Turn all that love off like a spigot? Guys, if your idea of love for your children is that fragile... I pity the children.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Great story, worth a read every time it comes up in randoms.

ResmiHardinResmiHardinabout 3 years ago
5*

Excellent story, I felt that he did everything right even though he was broken inside, I think its also smart that he continued to sue for peace and understanding and to put it all behind them, knowing that what she was saying was exactly what he would say once the whole truth came out, so she has no standing at all now and that's a lovely thing!!!

I also feel good that he still wants the kids in his life, no fault on them what so ever, but i would hope he has kids of his own, nothing better than knowing deep inside that a kid or kids are your onw flesh and blood

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

I have to agree with etchiboy. If someone can turn off the love for the innocent children, then he didn't love them at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That is a very long term affair if she's still working under that boss. Irredeemable.

Does he want his own child? He raised those girls so it's fine if they still want him. But having his own child would remedy a lot more of his hurt. Marry somene and build a new family.

Could have extend the ending to include husband's progress. Wife's reaction wasn't included too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Story just deemed incomplete. What was her reaction? Was she still cheating? What happened to the boss? Was he married? Did they lose their jobs? What about the kids? Too much left open.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again, it looks like he shared custody of the girls. He got back child support from the bio dad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So if HE is guilty of cheating the Judge is going to change the split to favor the wife. But since SHE is guilty of infidelity, the split goes 50/50????? And to top that he gets shared custody of two children that are NOT his kids. He should have gotten no visitation since they weren't his kids and then gotten the $200,000 from the boss, moved away and started over.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Would've been a better for me if there were more dialogue from the cheating spouse and lover and maybe his wife as well but hey I didn't write the story.

TwopullTwopullover 2 years ago

Reads more like a high school project submission which has been prepared and submitted hurriedly for lack of time

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous