All Comments on 'Twin Towers'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The A12 running from Yarmouth through Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford seems to connect in times gone by to the start of the ancient Ridgeways west of Enfield, running formally from St Albans to Stonehenge and beyond. We have Camlet moat on the Sassoon family property at Trent park, and a string of late mediaeval or early renaissance palaces north of Enfield, dating from the days it was a Royal Chase, a hunting ground. The Hertford road, running through Waltham Cross, would have been the main service road allowing troops to cross the River Lea at the lowest bridgable point, Waltham Abbey, where King Harold is buried. It would be simple logic to connect through Epping. The area south would have simply been too marshy to be defendable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A Cohort was in principle 5 Centuries, about 500 men, a tenth of a Legion, roughly corresponding to a modern Battalion. Although the strength in about 400CE would have been far less, it would almost certainly have been boosted by less reliable auxilliary troops from other nations. You've declared two: I'm not certain one cellar would hold that much metal, in helmets alone! Their armour would have been laminar on leather, which is unlikely to survive: but a thousand legionary shields alone would require a huge amount of space!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...