Two Halves, One Soul

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I already looked at the schedule. There isn't anything that I haven't already heard or seen. Plus, with you here, I definitely want us to do something exciting." An eyebrow arches up her forehead.

Dani smirks. "Oh, I can't imagine anything with you not being exciting." Eating the last bite of the bagel, she asks, "When do we leave?"

Jesse looks at her watch. "I'd say about an hour, the car should be here and we can go."

********

The silver 2002 Toyota Celica hugs the curves on the winding road. The sun shines brightly overhead in the clear blue sky. They enter a rustic town.

"This must be the place. At least according to these directions." Jesse looks at the piece of paper with the scribbled notes on it. "The clerk said there would be an antique show today in the park."

"The town reminds me of a place back in Colorado. The buildings are old but well kept. It seems like a small farming type town where everyone knows each other."

"I'll park here, and we'll start walking."

*********

They enjoy the warm breeze and all the interesting sights. The park in the main town's square is full of families bustling in between the aisles of antiques and other knickknacks available for sale.

After a couple of hours of wandering, a rumbling is heard.

A dark eyebrow arches up. Crystal blue eyes look into bright green.

"Sorry, I guess my stomach is trying to say something."

Jesse smiles. "Well, let's quell your stomach's rumblings." They walk into the next restaurant they spot.

*****************

"Oh, I feel much better now that I'm full." Dani says as they walk out. "Do you think we can head back to the hotel?"

"Sure. Are you feeling okay?" Jesse asks.

Interlocking her fingers with the long slender ones, she stops and faces her lover. "I'm feeling great," she says with a purr. Green eyes are noticeably darker.

Jesse gulps. "You're such a...." Her keen hearing picks up on something. Tilting her head to the side, a scowl reaches her face.

"Jess, what is it?" she asks confused. Dani wonders what the tall woman could possibly be doing.

"Did you hear that?" Without letting go of her hand, Jesse walks towards the alleyway. Reaching a dumpster, she listens again.

"Jesse?"

She lifts the cover and peers inside. A fur ball greets her with a faint whimper of fear. "Dani hold the lid, please."

Doing so, she looks inside also. "Oh my god, it's a puppy." She watches Jesse gently pick up the little thing. "Oh, no, there's another one."

Jesse holds onto the first one, and reaches in for the other. Immediately she knew the second one didn't make it. Its limp and slightly cooler body in her large hand already gave her the answer she suspected.

Dani closes the lid, and Jesse sets the second one on top of it.

"That one didn't make it." She looks into teary green eyes staring at the dead puppy. "Sweetie, would you please go back to the restaurant and see if they'll give you a bag? We can't leave it here... for the rats." The last three words come out under her breath.

She nods and wipes away an errant tear as she walks back to the restaurant.

Jesse cradles the live puppy. "Hey there," she says softly. "We'll get you some help, okay?" She hears the whimpering. "Okay buddy, I know you're scared, but you'll be alright. I promise."

The younger woman comes jogging back. "I got it." She holds it open. "I... I... can't... I need your help." The tears threaten her eyes again.

"It's okay, sweetie." Jesse takes the dead puppy and places it in the bag.

"What are we going to do?"

"We're going to the clinic."

"But... is there a place open now?"

"I'm going to call in a favor of a friend." She smiles at the young woman. "Come on, let's get going."

********

The lights of the clinic are all turned on while Jesse and Dani stand in the front waiting area. Dani now cradles the puppy that is currently wrapped in Jesse's button down shirt.

"It's a good thing you always wear a T-shirt under your shirts."

"What's wrong? You don't want to see me in my sport bra?" Jesse asks with a lopsided grin.

"No, I just don't want everyone else seeing you in your sport bra."

A deep low chuckle interrupts them. "Alright, Jessica, we can go into the first room here." The elderly man smirks and points down the hall.

"Thanks Jack. I really appreciate this." She says with a smile.

"As always Jessica, anything for you."

Dani shoots her lover a look. Jessica? I would've never thought you'd be a Jessica.

Jesse raises an eyebrow at the young blonde. Yeah, well now you know. But please don't call me that.

Jack is a fifty-four year old veterinarian who's known Jesse ever since she was a teenager and showed interest in working with animals.

Dani places the puppy on the table.

"Jessica, I presume you would like to do the honors?"

"Yes, thank you."

"How do you know Jesse?" Dani asks with enthusiasm.

The old vet pushes up his wire rim glasses and runs his hand through thick white hair. He looks down at the shorter woman with a glint in his hazel eyes. "Well, now, back when I lived in Chicago she used to volunteer at my clinic and then I hired her. She worked like no one else there. Granted, her first job was cleaning up after accidents and hosing down cages. But she was a determined little spirit. The fire still shows in those baby blue eyes when she tends to an animal in any fashion."

"Jack showed me everything I know today." Chimes in Jesse.

He chuckles. "Now, I wouldn't say everything. That brain of yours is like a sponge. Always soaking up the knowledge and never forgetting it." He looks back at Dani. "She was a straight A student, you know."

"Jack..." she growls at the old man.

"Hush now. There is nothing wrong for an old man to talk about his protégé and how proud I am of her."

A blush creeps along her cheeks.

"I bet you thought you were the only one who could make her blush, huh?" he indicates to Dani.

The young woman now sports a blush her own.

He lets out a hearty laugh in his six-foot football player size frame. "How's it going with the pup?"

"Just fine. She doesn't have any broken bones or any other evident ailments. I've given her an antibiotic shot just to be on the safe side. She's weak, but that's most likely because she hasn't eaten. I'll need to get her some formula."

"I believe I still have a couple of cans left behind the counter. I'll go check." On his way out, he picks up the paper bag sitting on the chair. Looking back he says, "I'll take care of this too."

"Thanks." They both say.

Dani moves closer to the table. "Is she going to be okay?"

The older woman straightens up to look down into her lover's worried eyes. "Yes."

"How could people do this?" she asks almost theoretically.

"It happens all the time. In our society today, people are tossing out their own babies like trash. What's going to make them have second thoughts about animals?"

"I'm so glad you found her."

Jesse brushes the back of her knuckles gently on the blonde's cheek. "I'm going to keep her."

Realization hits Dani. "Really? That's wonderful. I'm so glad."

"Good. Maybe you can help me nurse her back to health?"

"I'd love to." She hugs the taller woman. "What kind of dog is she? How old is she? What are you going to name her?"

"Whoa, whoa. Hold on." Jesse says while laughing. "She's a five week old Shepherd, and I'd like to name her Artemis, because she is a little warrior to be able to survive her brother."

"Artemis. I like it. A lot."

"Well here we go. I did find three cans of formula, and I even have a feeding bottle you can take with you."

"Thank you so much Jack." She wraps the puppy in her shirt once again. "I guess we better get going and let you get back to your family."

"No problem. I'm glad I could help. You two have a good night." He waves at the doorway as they walk out.

********

"I'll get the formula started. I'm sure Arty is starving. Would you mind holding her?" Jesse asks.

"Sure, I'll take her." She cradles the puppy in her arms.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. I need to get the kitchen staff to open this can and warm it up." She heads out.

"Okay." Dani takes a seat on the bed and flips on the TV. "You wanna see what's on?" She whispers to the pup. "Maybe there's something good on Animal Planet." The pup snuggles closer against her chest. Looking down she says, "You know, you're a very lucky girl. You're going to have a great life with Jesse. You're going to have your very own yard to run around in, and even your own doghouse. You're going to receive the best of care. Of course you need to do your part by being a good companion and protecting her. Jesse is a great vet, and she seems to love you very much."

"I love you very much too." Jesse closes the door behind her.

Dani smiles. "I didn't hear you come in. Were you listening to my conversation with Artemis?"

A dark eyebrow arches upward. "I didn't realize it was a private conversation. Should I come back later?" She asks teasingly.

"No. Here, I'll let you feed her. It will help create a stronger bond between you two, won't it?"

"Yeah, thanks. The chef gave me a couple of egg salad sandwiches for us. I told her about our little adventure here, and she figured we'd be rather busy with this new bundle."

"Great, cause I'm hungry." She looks over at the puppy drinking. "Boy, she sure is sucking that formula down."

Jesse smiles. "That's a good thing. Her appetite hasn't been affected. I was concerned I would have trouble getting her to eat."

"Do you mind if I start eating?"

"No, go ahead." She looks down at the pup and the now empty bottle in her hand. The little bluish gray eyes are slowly closing. "Looks like this little girl is going to sleep," she whispers to Dani.

The younger woman smiles happily at the content pup. Jesse grabs one of the extra pillows from the bed and places it on the floor. Laying Artemis down, still wrapped in her shirt, she then joins Dani at the table.

"Hmm, this sandwich is good." Jesse's tongue snakes out to wipe the dab of sauce at the corner of her mouth.

Dani watches, feeling a pull in her nether regions. Gods, even watching her eat a simple sandwich gets me aroused.

Jesse shoots her a questioning look, wondering if she heard something, as she takes the last bite of her sandwich.

The younger woman stands and grabs hold of Jesse by her shirt, pulling her up to stand also. "I want to touch you," Dani says as she runs her right hand down Jesse's neck and places it upon her heart. "I want you to kiss me." She leans forward, placing her lips upon the soft ones before her.

Their lips meet instantly as hungry tongues connect with each other passionately. Dani runs her hands through her lover's hair. She feels a deep groan rumble through the dark woman's chest. Grabbing at the young woman's clothing she says in a growl, "Take these off, now."

Without hesitation Dani obeys quickly, tearing at her garments as if they were on fire while Jesse does the same. Lying on the bed, she sighs with relief as soft hands come in contact with the bare skin of her lower abdomen. They trace circular patterns on the flesh, making her ache for more. Dani reaches for her lover and moves her mouth over sensuous breasts, letting her hot breath caress them as she keeps her mouth poised over expectant nipples. Jesse moans and slightly arches her back. Dani presses her face into the natural valley in front of her before sliding up until they are nose to nose. She moans into her lover's mouth as her hands move against her back, tugging at her shoulders. She captures Jesse's tongue, suckling softly, only increasing the pressure when her lover groans.

Jesse's control starts to slip and she reaches up to grasp Dani's head in her hands, pressing her thigh between those strong legs to force them apart. With a strong push of her hips she urges Dani onto her back, and she goes willingly. Her hands slowly slip down to Dani's breasts where she manipulates the mounds of flesh languidly.

Dani groans, pushing her breasts further into the dark woman's hands. Hearing Dani's passionate groan sends a responding pulse of wanton desire through Jesse's core and she fights the urge to abandon her slow path of seduction. She circles the rapidly firming nipple with her middle finger before rolling it around her thumb and forefinger. Jesse lowers her head to the breast and caresses Dani's nipple with her tongue.

"Oh, god, Jesse." Dani cries out, pushing into her lover's mouth. She grasps the back of Jesse's head and begs, "Please Jesse...gods I need you." Her hips begin a slow rhythm as she moves against the woman above her.

Jesse slides her way down the small body. Starting at her inner thigh, Jesse alternately licks, bites, and sucks her way down Dani's thighs making the smaller woman almost insane with desire. The young blonde grabs Jesse's hair and forces her head along it's journey to where she needs her the most. Not wanting to give in too easily, Jesse hovers over the slick wet lips.

"Please, Jesse," she groans helplessly.

"Please what."

"I... need...your tongue. I want... you... inside me."

"Here?" she asks as her hand slips between Dani's nether lips.

The blonde's eyes close at Jesse's direct and stimulating touch. She moans, unable to speak further as Jesse's two fingers plunge through her swollen desire.

Jesse's tongue traces a light pattern on her sex, and she presses her hips into the caress, offering herself up. She bathes Dani's clit and a guttural groan is wrenched from the young woman. Unable to resist, Dani starts to rock against her lover's face. Jesse feels the inner walls grip her fingers as she adds a third and takes the swollen nub into her mouth. "Oh, fuck... gods Jesse. Fuck." Her orgasm crashes over her.

Jesse crawls back up the young woman's body without removing her fingers from Dani's sex. They kiss passionately, and Dani tastes herself on Jesse's lips. The older woman begins fucking Dani with her fingers and Dani moans loudly into her mouth. A second wave of orgasm quickly captures her.

Not wanting to wait, Dani rolls the both of them over. She trails her lips down the older woman's throat and chest until she reaches firm breasts. She takes a nipple into her mouth feeling it swell as she hears Jesse groan. Dani then lowers herself further until she is looking straight at an aching nub. Using her thumbs to spread Jesse open, she dives forward, her tongue slipping directly into Jesse's hot center.

Jesse hums in delight, running blond locks of hair through her fingers. "Oh, yes... fuck...it's... so good. She squeezes her eyes tightly closed, moving against the young woman's tongue. A short moment later, Dani grabs the clit between her teeth and plunges two fingers into Jesse's hot dripping sex. She sucks firmly on the clit.

"Ah... ah... ungh!" Jesse struggles for breath as her body topples over into a climax and she thrusts wildly against Dani's mouth. She surrenders to the wave of release as she whimpers and groans out Dani's name.

Dani holds onto the bucking woman, milking her pleasure and sustaining it for as long as possible. She climbs up the long body and kisses the other half of her soul tenderly. "I love you Jesse." She whispers into a delectable ear. She lowers her head and rests against Jesse's shoulder, holding her fiercely.

"I love you too baby girl." She looks over the side of the bed for a moment to take a peek at Artemis. "I'm surprised with all the noise, she hasn't woken up making a fuss."

Dani chuckles. "I guess we should follow suit. How about sleeping?"

"Sounds great."

********

A whimpering is clearly heard by Jesse. Opening her eyes, she looks at Artemis. The puppy's head is sticking out as if searching for something. "Uh, oh," Jesse says in a hoarse voice, "I bet I know what you want." She untangles herself from Dani. Quickly throwing on her jeans and a T-shirt, she picks up Artemis with the shirt. "Okay buddy, just don't do it on me." They head out.

"I must say I'm shocked you actually waited until I got you in the grass." She watches the puppy take wobbly steps on small legs. "You know, I'm even shocked that you decided to inform me you needed to go. If this keeps up, I think we're going to have a great relationship." She squats, wondering if Artemis understands who she is. "Arty? Artemis?" The puppy turns her head towards the voice. "Hey girl, do you know your name?" The puppy paws the ground playfully a couple of times and bows her head. "A-r-t-e-m-i-s," Jesse draws out the word sweetly. Artemis hops over to what she knows to be her mother. Jesse scoops her up. "You're such a good girl." She tickles a furry tummy then lightly scratches under the fuzzy chin.

She closes the door behind her.

"Where did you go?" asks a sleepy voice from under the covers.

"Artemis had to go out." She puts the bundle back on the pillow.

"She told you she had to go?"

"I know it's hard to believe, but I woke up to her whimpering and sniffing around." She removes her clothes and crawls back into bed. She spoons herself behind the shorter woman.

"What time is it?" Dani asks with a yawn.

Looking over her shoulder at the clock, Jesse says, "3am."

********

Emerald eyes flutter open. She is alone in the bed. Taking a peek over the edge of the mattress, she notices the pillow is empty. Hmm, they must have gone outside. She gets up and heads into the bathroom for a shower. About twenty minutes later she exits towel drying her hair. "Good morning."

"Morning, beautiful," says the lanky figure lying on the bed with Artemis.

"How's Arty?"

"She seems fine, actually content. I'm getting ready to feed her. I thought once that's done, we could pack, check out, go to brunch and head out to the airport."

"That's right, we go home today." I wish we were going to our home.

Is that something you really want? Comes the response.

Dani shoots a look to her lover. Azure eyes meet sea green. Did you just ask me that?

Yes, I did. Do you want for us to have a home?

Yes I would. I love being with you. But how do you feel? She pushes an errant lock of blonde hair behind her ear.

I would like you to move in with me.

Dani walks over to the bed and kneels. A tear rolls down her cheek. She kisses her lover tenderly.

Jesse brushes the back of her knuckles down Dani's cheek to wipe away the tear. "I love you baby girl."

More tears spill down from bright green eyes. She hugs the tall woman.

"I guess I'll get dressed so we can go." Dani heads over to her travel bag.

Arty sucks heartily on her breakfast. The dark woman cannot help but silently giggle at this precious fur ball. I wonder if she could be Tommy reincarnated.

Anything is possible. Dani gives her lover a big grin.

"You sure are getting better at this very quick." Jesse says.

"Like you said before, I was just out of practice."

********

"There should be a cab waiting outside for us. Would you mind taking Arty while I pay the hotel bill?"

"No problem." Dani mentions. "Let me know how much my share is."

"Oh, no. I'm taking care of this. You paid for your plane ticket out here."

"Jess..." Further words are stopped by abrupt fingers at Dani's lips.

"Um, excuse me ladies." The front desk clerk clears his throat. They both turn to look at him. "The bill has already been paid."

"What?" the two women ask in unison.

Their piercing gaze makes the clerk nervous. "Um..." he grabs the back of his neck to loosen the tension. God do they have to be so intense with their gaze? "Because of the incident the other night, the hotel owner was very upset that this occurred. He took your bill and deleted it. He informed all the employees that whatever you two need is to be given without hesitation. And he left this here for you Miss Chandler." The clerk hands her the envelope.

1...345678