All Comments on 'Tyler and Candace'

by wantajerseyboy

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You need quotes and an editor badly!!!

It was difficult to read this story and I had to stop mid way...ever heard of quotes!!!???!

Has potential but you need an editor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Needs major revisions

While the story may be a good story the delivery leave much to be desired. There should be seperate paragraphs with qoutations around the words spoken by the characters. There are run on sentences that should not be. It just seems like a bunch of rambling with no real evidence of well thought out and presented story. I encourage you to edit or have someone else edit your work before you post. If you want to write for others to enjoy your work, you need to make sure you are putting forth your best work and it should edited and polished so your audience can follow what you have written. Don't take this constructive observation as a bash because its not. I just think that your potential is great and I want you to live up to your potential. Don't do anything half way, do it right or not at all. Good Luck with future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Please Get an editor

I wanted to give you a higher score, but this was too much for me to read through. Please try to get an editor before you submit another story. Your sentences are run-on and there is definite place for one person starts to talk and another one stops. This is very jumbled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
um...

You really need to edit.It becomes hard to follow your story when you dont have proper punctuation or grammar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
All you need...

is a good editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hmm

I agree with the other commentators that you need some major editing help. For starters, when you are writing that a person is speaking, you need to put the phrase that is being spoken in quotation marks. For example, "Mommy, I'm hungry!" the little boy whined to his mother.

(new line here)

"Give me a few more minutes buddy and I'll make you some breakfast," his mother replied.

Having it typed out like that will make it a much easier read. You have a good idea, that much is clear, but you need to make it easier to read and make it flow better. Good luck.

Ashira

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Agree with other comments

This is just too hard to follow. POV shifts, tense shifts, no punctuation, just generally a mess.<p>This doesn't need an editor; an editor would essentially re-write from the ground up. Hmm... maybe that's not such a bad idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Painful, but full of potential...

There is a lot here... It's obvious that you have a story to tell, but you're not reaching your audience. There is just too much wrong... Point of view (POV) shifts, lack of quotations around dialogue, unclear sentence structure. It runs on and on and on... I would like to read what you have to say and get to know your characters, but the text is getting in the way. If you don't know what I mean, try reading your story out loud.<BR><BR><b>My advice to you is this, <i>if you're serious about writing:</i></b> Take a break, sign up for some writing classes, find a good and patient editor, and re-work your story (many times, if necessary). Then, and only then, should you re-submit and possibly continue.<BR><BR>

That all being said, kudos for being brave enough to post and allow people to comment on your work.

catman71catman71over 14 years ago
liked it

good story but as written hard to read with no time framing and not good flow, needs to be more readable

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Start

I thought it was a very good story but it was really hard to distinguish which character was saying what because it has a very poor conversational flow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
there's an uh oh comin

isn't there, their life is too perfect not to have an uh oh moment, and if it is so please don't let it be a big UH OH, like this story. oh and happy new year!

AndromachesAndromachesover 14 years ago
Odd Style

I've never read anything quite like this before stylistically. Is it deliberate? It's very difficult to follow. It's all tell and no show.

Loca85Loca85over 14 years ago
You have to get an editor

I couldn't get past 4 or 5 paragraphs with the way you write. You don't even how all that many errors, but the style makes it almost impossible to read. I give you a 50 because I'm thinking your story might be good once you get some help.

mssoft2hldmssoft2hldabout 12 years ago
awwww this is really sweet....

But sentences seem run-on and jumble together. It is hard to tell who is "speaking" there are no quotes or breaks. The premis is good but the editing is off.

KittyOh48KittyOh48almost 12 years ago
Good concept, bad editing!

Good story. Lines tend to be running together. Need a good proofreader...quick!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Did you drop out of school...

You don't need an editor. Enroll in adult education classes, mainly grammar and English.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The story is good but...

I have to agree with annonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
very .....sweet

A bit sugary for me, hard to follow, dialog was not organized and the time frames throughout the day were not clear (Ty just woke up from nap and now everyone was going to bed?)

D3stin2L0v3D3stin2L0v3over 10 years ago

I am pretty sure this is a good story. I did not rate it. The dialog is VERY hard to follow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous