Ugly American Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpete
cpete
1,725 Followers

As others in the makeshift raft passed around the drinks, Kadie gave me a strange look. "Darrin are we stranded out here? Are we gonna die?"

"Kadie I told you, you're with me, and I am too ugly to die. The Captain said the distress signal was sent out, so the coast guard should be here soon. But my money is on the ROYAL VIKING."

Kadie seemed to ignore my answer, scanning the ocean. "Yea OK. But what about sharks?"

I looked around, it was a hot day. Most people had removed their shirts, holding them up as temporary sun shades.

"Kadie don't worry. Sharks don't come out this far mostly because they prefer colder water. Besides since 1997 there have been less than six shark attacks in the Caribbean. Generally sharks don't attack people. This isn't the movie 'JAWS'."

Of course, I had never even seen a shark in my life, until a few months ago at the Miami Seaquarium. All I knew about sharks is what I had seen on the DISCOVERY Channel, during their "Shark Week" marathon.

I heard a noise off in the distance. I looked to the sky, it was clear with no clouds, so it could not be thunder. Then Kadie shaded her brow with her hand. Peering out with her younger eyes, I saw her spot something.

"IT"S A BOAT! IT'S A BOAT!" Kadie screamed, jumping up on the slide/raft, promptly falling overboard with a splash. Suddenly everyone was pointing, and shouting. Off in the distance a white looming shape could be seen cresting the horizon.

"That ain't no boat! I yelled. "That's a ship! That's the ROYAL VIKING!"

A prettier sight you have never seen as the ROYAL VIKING steamed toward us. Captain Sven was putting on quite a show. Blowing the ships horn, shooting off flares, the whole nine yards! I do not know if it was happiness, or the saltwater, but I had tears in my eyes.

Everyone was screaming, waving their arms as the ROYAL VIKING approached. When the ship got about two hundred yards away, she slowed, turning to show us her portside.

Kadie was frantic. "Why are they stopping! They're not going to leave us!"

I patted her shoulder. "Calm down Kadie. Just watch." I knew what was coming.

We stared in amazement as the ROYAL VIKING performed a complicated ballet, that was carried out with military precision. This was no Italian ocean vessel; Captain Sven came from a long line of professional Nordic seamen, stretching back to the Viking days. He took his duties seriously, tolerating no errors. I had seen Captain Sven personally oversee countless drills, making sure his crew knew their jobs, backwards, forwards or blindfolded. Soon large orange topped boats, manned by lifejacket crewmembers were lowered, launched simultaneously in the blink of any eye.

A dozen of these boats sped toward us in an arrowhead formation. I saw the familiar face of my boss Mac in the lead craft, standing by a tall white haired man, next to a guy with a video camera. The ships decks were crowed with waving, cheering passengers, and crew. From all the flashes it seemed every single one of them had a camera of some sort.

The ships tenders formed a ring around us, than began plucking soggy, but grateful plane passengers, and crew from the water.

Now that the waiting and tension was over, I actually began to enjoy myself. Swimming in the warm waters, I helped others onto the Rescue crafts, backstroking from group to group. After a while, just about everyone was out of the water.

As I approached the lead boat, I saw Mac staring down at me.

Mac had that grin on his face. "Darrin, you daft bastard. Get in the god damn boat."

I was about to grab onto his extended hand, when I saw the white haired guy shouting, and waving. I turned, seeing Kadie had drifted off from the group, about twenty yards away. I let go of the ladder, starting to swim after Kadie.

"Darrin, you bloody fool!" I heard Mac's voice behind me. "Get your ass back here."

I reached Kadie, who was floating on her back. As I grabbed onto her lifevest, she turned, giving me a pouty smile. In a little girl voice she said. "Ah Gee Mister, do I gotta go now? I want to stay and play in the pool some more."

For someone, that an hour ago had wet her pants in terror, Kadie sure had changed moods. Typical teenager!

I laughed. "Come on they're waiting for you." Spying a movement behind her, my blood froze.

Two dorsal fins were knifing thru the water approaching us. I tried to stay calm, but my heart started beating a million times a minute.

Now I do not care how many awards DISCOVERY Channel's "Shark Week" won, I was not willing to bet our lives on a TV program.

I ripped off Kadie's flimsy lifejacket. "Kadie, quick! Get on my back, than hold on! NOW!"

"But why?" Kadie said. Then her eyes opened wide, as she saw the oncoming fins.

Kadie was not the only one who saw the sharks. Everyone in the lifeboats were pointing, and shouting.

Mac started yelling. "Swim you son of a bitch! Fucking HURRY your bloody arse!"

I needed no inspiration, racing toward the boat, swimming faster than any Olympic gold medalist. Something large bumped against my abdomen, I almost let go my bowels.

I was almost there, just a few yards away. As the distance closed, people on the boat were screaming themselves hoarse. Everyone was shouting encouragement, as if it were the last leg of a relay race at a swim meet. I caught a glimpse of the white haired guy franticly screaming out Kadie's name.

My hand touched the side of the boat. Mac was hanging upside-down from the ladder. He yanked Kadie off my back with one hand, flinging her over the side, into the boat.

I actually felt Macs hand on mine, than something chomped into my left leg, pulling me under the water...

cpete
cpete
1,725 Followers