All Comments on 'Up River with Debra'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Still waiting for it to happen to me...

Great story. They just keep getting better.

A Kiwi kayaker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
WOW

Fantastic story. Need a multiplier to rate story higher!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A little too much red wine, perhaps?

Since when has the tui been our national emblem? It's a beautiful bird, but we're not called kiwis for nothing.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 19 years ago
Nice little mind rant during the sex regarding

whether or not it's okay to cheat and then the rationalization that it's okay to be selfish and betray your vows (Oops, hope she doesn't have a disease though). You know, the only people who subscribe to that theory are usually single or people who cheat in their marriages already.

Maybe you guys could start lobbying to have marriages abolished so that it would be okay to have sex with anyone? I mean, the idea of marriage and monogamy within it has only been around for thousands and thousands of years, so it should just be a snap to do away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Note from USA Anon.

Author, in case you didn't notice this is an erotic site and self serving rationalizations made directly to the audience can be distracting and irritating. It is, however, interesting to see your character self justifications made against the reality tide of self or spousal disrespect. If they can't be sold to your spousal character why would we attempt the thought? Further, reality says he or she on highest average won't buy into an infidelity either - exceptions surely occur if the marriage is so sour - but then what's to lose except more self respect. Excluding that, thats why they signed a marital contract to honor and respect each other exclusively (excluding all others).

It does indicate a twinge of either doubt or defensiveness. By your history it's both as your average story normally preserves respect (non-villains) or doesn't bruise another character by plot design. That and your expressed lighthearted quaintness of viewpoint and your furtile imagination are what make most of your stories so interesting and entertaining in my eyes.

So, try not to discredit yourself by selling against human convention, instead avoid it or try selling it to the spousal character if you can but then don't cheapen your efforts by doing so without consequence when normally appropriate. The teenagers, the young (married or not), and the weird disgruntled sicko's may not understand that but I know you do. You have seen the results of life and the fallout from disrespect given and taken. Respect is the foundation of any serious relationship and contract (personal or business). From it comes trust, caring and love but then you know that don't you.

So, have fun in the entertaining of your audience but don't discredit yourself or us - you don't need to go there with your talent - leave it to the other less talented one's.

with Regard

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Hmmmm, at little too much deep thought

Unless you deliberatly meant to Dis people from New Zealand, research your info before you write! Kiwi, and I'm an American.

I couldn't get into the sex, the flowery words distracted me too much. I thought I was watching BBC4.

BenLongBenLongabout 17 years ago
nice fantasy

Nice job. Just to let ya know some still find and read your words. Seeing as the first two comments you received two years ago were by infantile wankers with no thoughts other than getting off, I figured I'd say thanks for the fantasy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous