Vegas: Bk 02 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lauren's blush deepened as she realised he would know all about her new career.

"But where are my manners," Samuel continued. "This is my wife, Louisa, and my daughter, Rachal."

"Good to meet you," Lauren said, shaking hands with wife and daughter, who smiled back at her.

"You are Grace's sister?" asked Louisa.

Lauren nodded, beginning to feel nervous as to where this might lead.

"Do you sing too?" continued Samuel's wife.

"No, she's an actress!"

It took Lauren a few seconds to realise that the female voice that answered did not belong to Kay, but to Louisa's daughter.

"And a very good one at that," continued Rachal, her soft eyes twinkling. "I've seen a couple of your films, Lauren. Loved them!"

"Really?" asked Louisa. "Which...."

Samuel saw Lauren's discomfort and interrupted. "You know you're not into movies, Louisa. Now if it was ballet or theatre, then that would be quite different."

She smiled at her husband and then looked back at Lauren. "That's true, I'm afraid." Her tone was almost apologetic.

"I'm surprised to find you in Los Angeles, Samuel," Kay purred, "A short visit?"

"No, not at all. I'm here for some time to take care of a few business interests."

Although it was Kay who had asked the question, it was Lauren that his teasing eyes gave the answer to. She began to blush again. Was he deliberately making a connection with her?

"But there go my manners again! Please join us?" he asked, breaking the spell by sweeping his arm across the table. "I could ask the waiter to bring two more seats."

Lauren looked expectantly at Kay. Grace had told her what a powerful man this was and had confided that he was quite a stud, too, despite being in his mid fifties. She sighed in disappointment when she heard Kay's reply.

"That's very kind Samuel but we have to be going. Perhaps we'll meet some other time?"

"I do hope so," his deep voice purred, his eyes returning to Lauren. "Allow me to walk you ladies to the door."

He turned to his wife and daughter, with a smile. "I shan't be a moment, my dears."

It took only a few seconds to reach the cloakroom and when Kay wished Samuel goodbye and turned to the rest rooms, Lauren found herself hanging back. She saw Kay shoot her a look over her shoulder but decided to ignore it.

"It's been so good to see you again, Lauren," he said, taking her hand.

"Yes, I feel that way, too," she responded, staring back into his deep eyes.

"And forgive Rachal, she's just a mischievous young girl. She may have heard your name but I doubt that she will have seen any of your movies."

I wouldn't be too sure, thought Lauren, adding "But you have?"

"Oh yes," he softly said, bringing her hand to his lips. "So very impressive, Lauren!"

She stared up into his eyes and could feel a thrill running through her. He looked immaculate in his tailored suit and pressed white shirt, every inch the successful businessman.

"Thank you," she replied, her smile flirtatious.

Samuel smiled back, licking his lips slowly. She imagined them on her body and her legs quivered at the thought. He reached into his pocket and handed her his business card.

"Would you join me for dinner tomorrow?" he asked.

She felt her heart leap. "T-tomorrow..." she began, but he cut her off.

"Excellent, please call my cell phone in the morning. We'll make arrangements."

Lauren blushed, jerking her head to see if Kay was returning yet. For some reason she wasn't sure if Kay would approve.

"Okay!" she responded when she saw they were still alone.

She realised that throughout their conversation, Samuel had continued to hold her hand. He allowed it to drop as he bent down to her, his soft lips parting a fraction ahead of the kiss. She watched him as if in slow motion and slid her tongue into his mouth as their lips met, telling him that she was willing and available.

As she softly pulled away, she saw Kay out of the corner of her eye. Samuel did too, and smiled at her.

"Until tomorrow," he said, soft enough for Lauren to hear but inaudible to Kay.

He smiled at Kay and wished them good-bye before returning to his table.

"What was that all about?" Kay asked, her eyes staring into Lauren's, trying to discern a clue.

"Nothing," smiled Lauren. She felt a need to keep their proposed assignation to herself.

"Did he hit on you?" Kay asked, unwilling to let it go.

Lauren's laugh was nervous. "Not at all," she lied.

"Then what did he ask?" Kay pressed.

God, she was persistent, thought Lauren. "He... he actually was asking about you," she stammered.

"Me?"

"Yes. He was wondering what you were doing in Los Angeles."

Kay's eyes widened, then her brow furrowed as she appeared to be lost in thought. "That makes sense," she said at last.

Lauren gave a sigh of relief. Whatever instinct told her to lie felt very accurate at that moment.

"He's in trouble," Kay continued. "Fallen foul of Big Eddie!"

They paused in conversation as the doorman called them a taxi and as they settled in the back seat, Lauren waited for Kay to continue. When she made no effort to do so, she casually tapped her on the hand.

"Who's Big Eddie?"

Kay smiled. "Apart from the billionaire's, he's 'The Man' in Vegas! If you want to operate there, you get Big Eddie's permission. Samuel has extended his business interests and from what I hear, he's done so without reference to Eddie. That's bad news!"

"But you've just opened a club in Vegas..." Lauren began.

"That's right," Kay responded. "But not before I spoke to Big Eddie."

Lauren stared at Kay, barely able to make out her features in the back of the cab. "You pay protection money?" she whispered.

Kay smiled, snaking her hand around Lauren's neck and pulling her into a long, sensual kiss. "Don't worry about such things," she purred. "I have a much better idea....."