All Comments on 'Weaver'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
We're supposed to feel sorry for the son of a bitch who left his wife because

so done tons him she was cheating on him? Really? And the cocksucker, Bob, who talks about trust and honor and commitment but who lies, judges and acts like some sanctimonious bible thumping hypocrite. Bob and Weaver are quick to blame everyone else but refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

As shocked like those two need to see a proctologist in order to have their heads pulled out if their asses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Obviously

The previous commenter didn't read this story. Sad. Pity the poor fool who must have had a rough life. Oh well.

Excellent well edited story about misplaced trust and loss. Of courageous,women who persevered against all odds. A happy ending for all except one sorry son of a bitch.

Loved the boxing scenarios. The author seemed to have covered the ring well, and,delivered a knock out of a story.

Very erotic, full of drama, and betrayal.

Easy 5

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
Excellent

First rate, lappy.

My only quibble is about Bob's extreme reaction to being lied to. For someone to react that way you need to give them some sort of backstory/background to explain their unwieldy stance. It just didn't work for me, but the rest... well, the rest was worth it.

Oh, and to Anonymous... take you meds, buddy.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Good read

I enjoyed this story, mostly well written, just a couple of places it seemed a bit disjointed & uneven. I'm sometimes confused by comments from other commentators, it's almost as if they've read a totally different story to the one I've read. This had a good plot, good characters & you told it well, what more can they expect. I think people forget this is fiction & become so engrossed with the story they mistake it for reality. Well done . 4 ****

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Well done

Great story - I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Question: is this in the right category?

Thx!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
8 pages of

2 star effort.

give it up,,least u tried but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JusttooldJusttooldover 9 years ago
good

I thought this was a great. Once I started it I couldn't quit. Great work keep them coming.

blue4242blue4242over 9 years ago
What a great story

You brought so much emotion, and such down-to-earth human feelings into this story. Not to mention that you merged several story lines together so smoothly.

I really enjoyed reading this. You have quite a talent.

Thanks.

avidfaavidfaover 9 years ago
Excellent story

The story was so well-written I want to comment about the characters as if they were real people, and I know that LW readers do that all the time, but usually it's just the misogynists spewing their bile.

If I were Arlene, I would not have taken Bob back. All of the story's complications actually arose from the fact that nerd Bob was immature and completely unequipped for a mature relationship. It was his fear of engagement that drove him to stop Arlene from asking Eric what he meant, his fear of engagement with people that had him _dictate_ to Arlene that she could not continue with her quest. If he had had his way, Weaver would never have been rehabilitated, Weaver and Chris would never have reunited.

It's not that in this case the busybody turned out to be right, it's that his aversion to her actions were based not on respect for others but on his fear of engaging with people.

Had I been Arlene, I would have taken him to a therapist and told him to get back with her in a year to see if he had begun to grow into an emotionally mature adult. The only part of the story I find hard to believe is that such a stunted personality as his would have wound up in a happy, vibrant relationship. It would have been cold and distant, and filled with arguments triggered by his emotional immaturity.

See? Excellent stories make the characters so real that we care about them.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fabulous

A truly great story -be proud!!!

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

Good story. I do not believe that Bob and Arlene (or Bob and anyone for that matter) could make it in a long term relationship. His "black and white" view on things would only be heightened with her lie. It would never have been settled in his mind. Since you dud nothing to show he'd grown to view things without absolutes I have to assume he still held firm to his belief system. Frankly, he came off as an ass and while it ends up being a feel good story the ending is too fairy book to match characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A fantasy

I had a friend in elementary and middle school whose dad went to prison just before he was born. His mom never told him his Dad was alive, but would describe him positively and answer questions. When my friend was around 11 it was determined that his father was innocent (it made national papers), and he came home.

The two never managed to find a father-son bond, settling instead for an uneasy truce and mutual avoidance. Later, when another child was born, his dad couldn't help playing favorites because THAT child and he had bonded and spent time together, during those important early years. They moved away a few years later due to local stigma, but I reconnected with him as an adult and his dad was still not much in his life.

Also, his mom wasn't celibate for the years and years she thought her husband was serving a life sentence. People are people. They need human companionship and they need physical touch.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
Very poignant.

What an excellent tale. Thank you to the author.

lonesomeone2014lonesomeone2014over 9 years ago
16 times

16 times you used 'you' instead of 'your'. Then I was interrupted and lost count. If you expect a pat on the back for being an author, you won't get it from me. Your misuse of a word, even spelled correctly, destroys the continuity

Think of it this way:

Someone hands you a manuscript and asks you to read it. They then stand behind you and ask you to use your finger as a pointer as you read, so they know where you are on the page. Every time you point to the word 'your', they slap you. How would you feel? What would you do?

I struggled to read this because of the continuous loss of continuity. You had a five star story that you gutted by not paying attention.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
LTW hits another home run!

I can't imagine the story being this good if Weaver had told it. I was surprised Bob and Arlene got together. The author's initial description of those two did not set me up for them getting together. I guess both changed and/or the initial descriptions were made by a disinterested third party.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Fine story...

... A feel good story which was reminiscent of a lot of DG Hear's early work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Kudos

I am not going to harp on misspellings, grammar, etc.

I typically HATE multi-page stories, but this one sucked me in, and held my attention. I typically like the shorter, filled with sex and catching someone at it and such. This had some sex, but was mostly story and back story, and I actually enjoyed it very much.

Good job.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
excellent story

excellent story. glad it all worked out in the end. but it goes to show how one lie can change things very much. truth is always better than to lie no matter how much it hurts

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Another good, engrossing read. Thank you.

The ending was a touch sappy. A bit more bite to offset the sugar would have appealed to me.

I felt that, as initially described, Arlene was much too sensible and career-focussed to:

a) Screw the payroll. Rarely a good idea for an ambitious woman.

B) Put up with Bob. He really was rather an idiot.

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
brilliant

Nothing else to add. Let others read this themselves to appreciate it.

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 9 years ago
Well done, Laptopwriter

A compelling story with an interesting construction. After the plot finale became reasonably predictable, sometime after Arlene's visit to Grand Rapids, I began to think, "How will Bob and Arlene create the reunion?" It occurred to me that perhaps if they brought Charlie into the CYO as a street kid meeting Weaver, it might open an unexpected edge to the rather terrific tale. The ending would not have been different but such an event might have increased the story's sweet and rich denoument.

Just a thought for a story that was super as is. Much thanks.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
nice story

but, i call bullshit.if you truly love someone, no way in hell you believe they cheat and leave you without some proof. how could they go ten years without at least trying to find each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 stars!

You are a real Pro!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Well Written Flawed Story

You write pretty well and the story arc was a good one. The whole story flowed, the characters were fleshed out so that they had a context within which to move the story along.

My primary quibble is with the budding relationship between Arlene and Bob. Your character development has her as a strong, somewhat driven, career first woman while Bob was a blank slate early on. I cannot envison the Arlene you described reacting as she did to Bob's rebuke, though to be fair, I don't think such a woman would have lied about it. "I'm doing this, please support me" seems more likely. In the real world, his response would probably have been the end of their barely begun relationship. That he maintained his righteous indignation about her actions going forward makes it even more unlikely that their relationship would go anywhere.

That their relationship evolved as it did was unnecessary to Weaver and Kris's story, and a more thoughtful treatment of Arlene & Bob would not have detracted from it.

I saw the comments regarding the you vs your. Maybe a more diligent editor would help but I didn't see it as making the story unreadable. This story is easily better quality and more readable than 99% of Lit stories. You can try for a Pulitzer with the next one.

This is the first of your stories I have read, but it won't be the last.

Thanks for your effort. Looking forward to reading the next one.

Anonymous Andy

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I could see Chuck being shattered and not looking further. With Eric being in the position he was, Chuck would have no reason to doubt him. It's like that old saw, the bigger you are, the harder you fall. Well, the deeper you are in love, the worse the reaction if you feel you are betrayed.

I feel though, if Bob loved Arlene the way he professed, he would have been more forgiving. Maybe not outright but, let her know how much he values absolute honesty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great read !!!

Thank you for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow!

awesome balance! very good storyline that flowed. thank you!

muffdiver11muffdiver11over 9 years ago
FANTASTIC!!!!!

All your stories are great reading but this is absolutely your finest!!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Nice story

The end was telegraphed in page 3, but still it was nice reading to see how the author pulled all the strings together.

pumpop201pumpop201over 9 years ago
Wonderful.....

Wonderful and heartwarming. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

great story and things did end well in this story

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Loved it

This was a great story 5*

jezzazjezzazover 9 years ago

You sir, are a Writer. With a capital W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You bastard!

I read the stories on Literotica so I can leak bodily fluid, but not out of my eyes!

A wonderful, at times heart wrenching story, very well pieced together. My only gripe are the errors. They're going to get a motel, then they're in a hotel, then it's back to a motel. Dozens of sentences which ask questions, but are punctuated by periods instead of question marks. Too many "you" where "your" was appropriate. I know Weaver was fighting for the Title, but "title wave"? A good proofreader would have changed it to the appropriate "Tidal wave".

I'd never mention these errors to an author who writes like crap. Why bother? But with a story this well crafted, the mistakes were a distraction. Please keep on writing. Now I'm going to go back and read some of your previous work. Thanks again for a great story.

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
What a story!

Seriously, this was your best, and that's saying quite a lot. Thank you for writing it!

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Great Read

Yes it could use a little more proof reading and I agree that Arlene should have dropped Bob, but it was entertaining and held my attention. Furthermore I feel that Charlie came around too quickly. Kids hold onto hate until they see a whole lot of positive interactions. Ten years was a bit too long for the recovery described.

doberincadoberincaover 9 years ago
Great story.

I liked it very much. Whatever comment you get about errors; it's the story what counts. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Brilliant story.

Would make a great novel/movie!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5

Well done !!! Dagoatmandavid said it cya laterB439

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Now there's......

....a story worth telling!

And very well told, sir.

One point of pique. Page 7 paragraph 25 line 5...."title wave". I think you meant to say "tidal wave". It made me laugh at myself for being irritated at the bad nomenclature. A small stain on an otherwise stellar story.

Nope, no comment about the other minor grammatical errors. There aren't enough to fuss about. Clearly, you and your editor put a great deal of effort into perfecting all the elements of the story. It worked!

Another story of this caliber and you might consider something more substantial and commercial.....

jasonnhjasonnhover 9 years ago
Great job

You were a little too coy about the reason that everything happened. It was pretty obvious to me that the manager had lied to both of them. Arlene spoke to Kris and was obviously told what happened from Kris' side of things but that is not shared with the reader, probably because it would make the resolution too obvious. But it was a poor way to keep the info from the reader because it was obviously something that Arlene and Bob would ask. Then they act all clueless and confused about what might have happened. It didn't make any sense that they, after Arlene talking to Kris, would not have been able to make a pretty good guess at what happened. It was a sloppy way to drag out the tension in the story line.

Bob's reaction to Arlene contacting Kris after they agreed they would not was understandable but overplayed. He is too nice and thoughtful a guy to chew old bones like this. I understand that it was supposed to be an echo of the main plot of Weaver and Kris' disconnection but it wasn't done well. A better way to handle it would have been to develop Bob as having suffered from a lie in the past. simply stating that he didn't like being lied to was not enough.

Overall the story was good. The basis of Weaver and Kris' separation was a lie so their was nothing to really resolve. Arlene and Bob's tension was a tempest in a teapot so that was easy to fix (Bob get your head out of your ass). The way was clear to having a happily ever after ending and that is what happened.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
I Liked

This story a lot...great storyline...I found myself second guessing what was going to happen about a third of the way through.

I hope you have more stories to tell. You're among the top writers on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well

I gave the story a five!!!! It was a great story, even if it did not have ANY SEX in the story I would have gave the story a FIVE. The BEST YET.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Righto...

... i can agree, laptopwriter was coy with the reason and on top of that, the outcome was projected from the point where Eric said he was sorry, but the thing is, that was the hook for the entire story, so it couldn't have been much different.

So after that, it was just a logical process to complete the story. That's the down-side to this tale.

However, there is much more up-side to balance that right out.

First off, the writing was good enough and engaging enough, that even though the ending was apparent, it was still very much a worthwhile read.

I liked the characters and I liked that there were actual good guys here. Call me a softy, I don't care.

Second, and this is the big one for me... this is a VERY GOOD PARABLE on what can happen when someone engages in a bit of deceit. The thing is, Kristyna never did have a cheating heart, but a few little misdirections from a third party who was not even evil in his own intentions, and it cost all characters years of time, happiness and health.

Sure, the lies were obvious in the UNRAVELLING, but the way laptopwriter put it together how they were told and the circumstances that allowed them to take on inertia of their own, is not outside the realms of possibility. Stranger things have happened.

So for me, this illustrates the whole reason why BTB writers and commentators (shout-out to betrayedbylove) hate the people so much, who have no respect for those who they are meant to have a relationship with, to the point where they can lie and deceive, and why the biggest hurdle in reconciliation is always going to be trust.

It's not so much that the person fucked an outsider, though that is just as bad; rather, it is the selfishness and lack of consideration for the people who are meant to be able to believe in you the most.

Even the act of lying by Arlene, though again, with good intentions, is shown to have been a very poor second choice to laying her cards on the table and standing by her decisions.

So taking that all into consideration makes this story a clear 5 star contribution... and very worthy of the read.

And I think that FLC made the first (anon) comment (titled "We're supposed to feel sorry for the son of a bitch"...) on this story, either that, or someone else is as warped and insane as him? Surely not? Whoever it was, i love that the votes for this story already show that most people hold it in high regard. And though I am not one to give too much credibility to popularity contests, I don't dismiss them either. Just glad they don't line up with commentator number 1.

Again, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story from a great writer of stories

Another winner from you , a perfect well executed story. With a happy ending for all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
DYNAMITE!

I hear Hollywood calling. Jason Stratham as Weaver and Brad Pitt as Bob. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
From Claud137

Best story I've read here at Lit in about a year. Damn you're good. 5 stars.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

It was good that Weaver finally forgave Eric. Like he said, as long as he held onto that anger to Eric it was going to continue to eat him up. I was surprised he held onto that grudge that long.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Most Excellent Story!

Your Best Story Yet, and one of the best story's ever!

Destined for the Lit hall of fame.

SpykkeSpykkeover 9 years ago
super read

Nice work

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Liked it.

Good story with a great beginning, a flat middle but you bought it home in the end. 4*

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Great story...

Great story, and as I always say, better have enemies than some friends...5 *...Thank you

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Outstanding story

What a page turner! Great characters, wonderful drama, and happy ending make for high marks. A true 5* submission.

Thanks for sharing.

hebert100hebert100over 9 years ago
Thank You

great story a truly impressive 5. Richie4110 pretty much sums up my feelings about this story. I have nothing to add but a heartfelt thank you

oshawoshawover 9 years ago

Another wonderful story, laptopwriter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*

This could truly be made into a film.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!

I wanted to thank you for such a well written story. It is true in this world that things said by so called friends can be very harmful to relationships. This story is the case of just that. Now for some criticism. Not for the writer but for some of the other commentators. Get your heads out of your psycho babbling ass.. The you and your commentator is just that. YOU probably failed teacher and YOUR way is who just like to slam anybody who make grammatical errors. Get a life. Secondly the commentator who talked about the psychology of Bob. I hope you don't practice near me. I would kick your ass. If all you want is to find flaws and seek perfection then your life is stale. You forget these are fictional. Psychology should be a banned profession. You also forget that your constant need to find GRAY in everything gives you no credibility you asshole moron. Stick with facts and stop being judgmental. Remember this is a free site.

To the writer thank you again 5 stars..

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 9 years ago
Bob is a self righteous prig.

His thinking about breaking up with her because of a white lie shows a degree of rigidity that would be impossible to lve with.

Sidney43Sidney43over 9 years ago

It is a really nice story, with most all of the elements needed to make it appeal to the reader. That said, I agree with some other posters that Bob is more than a bit rigid as the character is drawn. At some level it seems a bit unrealistic to have Arlene make such drastic changes to her life for Bob, even with his other redeeming qualities. There is the possibility that Bob will take some of Weaver's advice about not being so puritanical about absolute honesty, although it is hard for people to change at his age.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Wonderful!

I don't understand the people who object to Bob's reaction to Arlene's lie.

Trust in any relationship is critical, and just because the lie wasn't directly related to their relationship doesn't make it any less a breach of trust.

She was warned by the investigator that it would be better to argue over her going against his wishes than to lie about it, but she didn't listen.

One thing that puzzles me is why Bob was so anxious to drag her out of Eric's room when he tried to say he was sorry. It's obvious now that it would have cleared up a lot of stuff.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 9 years ago
Excellent!!!

Well written, good storyline. Keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bob is underdeveloped.

Why did Bob think he alone has the authority to decide whether or not Weaver and Kristin get back together? He is an adult yet why doesn’t he know that there are many kinds of lies and truths?

Bob appears to be too underdeveloped emotionally to handle a relationship. At the first bump in the road, he is already thinking about dumping Arlene, and there no indication in his thinking that she might dump instead. Arlene has dumped a lot of guys in the past, and the only thing Bob has over them is his sob-story about his childhood. That is too weak foundation to bear the burden of his self righteousness. Bob is prancing on thin ice and he doesn’t know it.

Aside from Bob’s weak character development, the story is good, but the author missed some opportunities. It’s hard to believe that Kristin spent 10 years without meeting a few lovers and/or getting remarried. Yes, it’s mentioned that she isn’t model material, but if Weaver fell madly in love with her, then it’s not too hard to see that some other guys would too. Any guy who would scoop her up would have to be decent because she already has a child, but there are decent guys in the world. If he is indeed decent, wouldn’t she have feelings for him? It would be interesting to how the love triangle develops.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sooo realistic.......

Whether this storyhas it's roots in reality, or is totally fiction, it is soo realistic. We are all frail. We don't always make the best decisions. We are imperfect. That's what makes us human. This story is very believeable, and if it's actually ficticious, the author has a real grasp on human emotions, reactions, and vulnerabilities--love. This has to be one of the top two stories I've read in this forum, the other being "Nobody Rides for Free" http://www.literotica.com/s/nobody-rides-for-free-ch-01

"laptopwriter" sets the bar high, and transcends the sex-focussed story level. My congratulations! Now I have to go and read all the rest of his stories. I see they're all highly rated.

slaverowanslaverowanover 9 years ago
You made me cry

Beautiful. 5 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!

Really great story, loved it. Bob's a bit of a wet lettuce though... isn't he?

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeover 9 years ago
My Take on Bob

Unlike others, I was not upset by Arlene and Bob getting back together. Some made Bob seem like a self-righteous, rigid moron, when all he lacked was experience in a different social strata. Arlene wasn’t any social butterfly, either; she had put everything into her career, and when she met Bob, she was surprised at her reaction, (not to Bob specifically so much, it seemed, as having emotions for any man). They seem to have both been perfectly capable at work, but having trouble shifting gears to relax and take the time to reveal themselves to someone. Neither of them seemed to have ever been in a relationship, when most people their age would probably have been in a few.

Now, as to what is perceived as Bob's overly-rigid judgment of Arlene’s lying:

First of all, he was the one seeing the change in Weaver, right under his nose. He was afraid of jeopardizing the good things he saw happening in Weaver’s life, because it seemed from what Weaver's trainer had said, that what the PI had learned about Weaver’s wife was, indeed, true.

Secondly, Bob’s background was extremely different from Arlene’s. Being prepared for the opportunity to go to college on a boxing scholarship, he was held to a high standard by his boxing friends, the neighborhood copy and head of the CYO. If Bob had failed to toe the line, he probably wouldn’t have made the grade and be where he is today, because he didn’t have a family and community full of resources to fall back on.

So I see any rigidity in Bob’s attitude stemming from the fact that he, himself, had to follow the straight and narrow. When one is from an upper middle class background, there are more people who believe in you to give you a second chance or bail you out when you run into trouble.

In fact, imagine Bob and Arlene as two young teenagers, each of whom steals something expensive from a local department store. Can you imagine the difference in their treatment? Arlene probably would have a couple of disappointed parents who wanted to know why she did such a thing, and could have afforded an attorney to bail her out if she had been charged. Bob would have ended up with a juvenile record and learned a life of crime while being detained.

As someone said earlier, it actually seemed a little bit out of character for someone as successful as Arlene apparently was to have not stood up to Bob initially about her differing point of view. That’s true, except that because she had no experience dealing with the vagaries of conflict in an adult relationship, she backed off, for fear of losing him. I feel that they have each learned a valuable lesson about trust and communication early in their relationship. I think they are a good match.

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

great story. thanks for writing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Real Loving Wives Story That kept My Interest

Loved the story. The boxing angle was great as was the back story of Bob and Arlene. I think this was your best story thus far on Lit. Looking forward to your next effort. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well you certainly hit that one out of the park.

Great story.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*s

One of the best.

Nothing else to say. Thank You laptopwriter.

AMerryMan

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
What a load of tripe!

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. All that drama because Bob is one of the most self righteous hypocrites I've ever read about! Arlene didn't agree with him (and rightly so) so she tells him a white lie to avoid an argument with a major douche. The self centered prig is all bent out of shape; while at the same time he's lying by omission when won't tell Weaver what he knows because it might mess up a good thing he has going at the gym. The epilogue was bullshit. If Arlene didn't come to her senses before the wedding; a "my way or the highway" asshole like Bob would have driven her away by their first anniversary. If this critique seems harsh, count your blessings because you obviously haven't had any run ins with meddling do-gooders.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Two Boxers and Two Boxes

Definitely needed two tissue boxes for this one. I like reading your stuff but I agree with a couple of your critics that these self-righteous Charlton Heston types become a bit wearisome.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

A great tale. Could be a movie. You should write a screenplay.

Five Big Stars

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Bob is lucky she stuck with him

he is an immature little boy. From the very beginning it was her initiative that drove the relationship. Without her stepping up and asking him to go for a drink, this story would never have happened. and yet he gets prissy when she does a good deed?

If he really wanted to make amends and do a good deed himself he should have found a way to move Kristyna and Charlie from Peoria to be a family. He found enough money for a big ring, he could have helped with the leases. At least he might have interceded with the leasing companies to negotiate a settlement.

grow up, and grow a pair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
story

I can't understand some of the criticism of the characters. They were all well portrayed and true to their beliefs. This was an outstanding read

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow!

In many stories, characters don't have different personality traits, authors struggle with making distinct characters You're a great author.

The fact that Bob doesn't tolerate even a small lie may or may not be bad, it doesn't matter. Good people have flaws too. Thanks for not showing Mary Sue's and their male versions only.

To the people who have criticized Bob, let's take a look at the story if he would just instantly forgive her. You know what the story would be : STALE.

And if Weaver had more patience, trust etc etc , there wouldn't be a story, so yeahh.

And the story, oh you can weave good tales dude, keep it up!

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Excellent!

5+* no words can adequately describe the pleasure this story bring to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome!

Very well done!

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

Damn , That was an excellent story. Im sure Im not the only one who enjoys your stories so much. Thank you for sharing your gift

FarmerJGDFarmerJGDabout 9 years ago
Outstanding

Outstanding story....made my eyes a bit moist as well.

Keep writing my friend...

FriskymailFriskymailabout 9 years ago
Thank you!

You have constructed a very engaging story. Well done. It's pace was wonderful answering the readers questions as they arose. Your premise was different which truly sets it apart. I enjoyed it!

DoctimeDoctimeabout 9 years ago
WOW

A delightful love story with a happy ending! Brought tears to my eyes as well. Kudos.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
Something NEW for LW storylines!

Before responding I read most other comments, and I found avidfa and mike9698 to have offered the best points critical of the storyline, but jasonnh also raised a valid critique.

I can easily read beyond some typos or word choice issues, for the most part, as they were nowhere near bad enough to detract much form the overall story quality. In writing, I find that _the story_ is the thing, and the telling of it a moderately close second. Mere "word-craft" is a distant third-level priority relegated mostly to the time and quality of editing done on the work (not that I'm insulting the editor's work here, far from it). I'm pointing out only the most important elements and their relative priority to one another in my view.

So, "word-craft" issues aside, in this case, this was a well-weaved tale, worthy of the telling & reading, and perhaps worthy of a do-over with some attention to the better criticisms of the plot and characters. I'm not usually one for making such a recommendation, but this story could go places if expanded upon in those areas a bit.

Kudos for a very well done, if a bit flawed, treatment. 5*

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 9 years ago
That was a darn fine tale!

I loved every minute of it! Thank you *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Some rough spots but really, very good

In my town CYO was Catholic youth organization and I learned to box in an old smelly gym at St. Benedicts. I went on to box a little in college as a left handed sparring partner and find a good feeling about the depths of this story. Good story of romance but a great tribute to those who volunteer to help get kids off of the streets and in to a caring feeling that can help them move on. Well done.

TaakaTaakaalmost 9 years ago
Ashes to ashes, Champions rise

I great story. the tale certainly piqued my interest throughout.

Great use of foreshadowing, no one does that any longer, and a blend of sex, romance, and heartbreak throughout.

Problems? Of course there are problems when you're dealing with women. Best to leave it alone and let them work it out...or see the future in a whiskey glass!

Keep it up.

Through it all, down on the canvas, returning to the heights meant for everyone. All were real champions here.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
I Also Have To Say, WOW!

I read this before, but didn't really remember it, I definitely don't remember being so moved, maybe I'm just becoming an old softy!

I did figure out when Kris told Arlene her story, that that was what Eric was sorry about.

Five Big Stars!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
More Thoughts

@Anonymous 09/14/14 – Weaver didn’t leave HER, he thought SHE left HIM!

I don’t know, I consider myself somewhat of a Grammar Nazi, even when I don’t comment on all the mistakes I see, but I didn’t notice any you/your errors. Either the commenter was wrong, or I was so involved with the story that I didn’t notice!

CYO – The only “CYO’s” that I have ever heard of are “Catholic Youth Organizations”. I even Googled “Chicago Youth Organization” in case maybe it was my ignorance of Chicago, but I got no hits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you for a story that made my day

Congrats. Great story. Five out of five. I guessed what was going on half way through regarding the Weaver plot, but the conflict between Bob and Arlene over lying caught me by surprised and was well handled. The happy ending was just icing on the cake. Cheers Steve

jimbo103jimbo103almost 9 years ago
loved it

cant say more. a real fairytale, man it took me 15 days to read it, i got scared for the first time after reading countless stories here, was weary with arlene, bob & weaver i misinterpreted it as to be a triangle, really dreaded reading pg2 onwards, but took breaks, as i got the will to read after pg 3-4 i decided i had to finish it, never left a story before,

i do not understand how but the foreshadowing scared the crap out of me, yet every time i wanted to read it, somehow in the end i managed. But what a beautiful end, i cried as i imagined A 10yr run to his father & throw a volley of slaps with his little hand across his fathers chest.

this story truly exemplifies the value truth no matter how late or how hurtful it may be.

most of the stories draw inspiration from real life, i guess i can see a connection between this story & Mike Tyson how he discovered how his wife cheated on him with brad pitt, i wont hold any judgement about that as its not my damn business , but will say the positive outlook of this story gives me hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome!

This one is grade A! I never cared enough for literotica stories enough so as to comment, but I must say... I'm moved...

Although, as hindsight, this song has more to do with maroon 5's one more night

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE BEST INTENTIONS

for the right reason...dont work if they only benefit one. TK U MLJ LV NV

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
Great story

Brings home the truth of the old adage that the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Superb story 5*

Well written and thought provoking, well done.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years agoAuthor
To my ridiculous troll who keeps calling me a Brit--

In spite of your witty critiques, (mindless drivel) and impartial voting, (everyone of my stories worthy of a 1 bomb in your opinion) it is obvious to me that you have never read any of my stories. If you had there is no way you could miss the many Chicago land locations I reference in almost every one.

I was born, raised, and still live in the mid-west. The nearest I have been to the UK is when I visit friends in Ontario. I know this will not change your opinion of my, (drivel) but I just wanted to set the record straight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the best of all your stories

Two beautifully written stories wrapped up in one well written story. Your work is wonderful but this one is simply the best.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

great story thx for the read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous