Welcome Home, Andy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Route66Girl
Route66Girl
145 Followers

He knew Jessica loved him. Knew it the moment he’d asked her that morning if she was okay with his leaving. Knew it in the way she looked at him, in that gorgeous smile. And he loved her, too.

There was all that.

Or there was L.A.

******

“Hey-ya, Andy!” Tanned Tim sat at his usual place at the bar, still wearing his same old SF 49ers hat. Christmas or no, he was always in the same costume. Andy strode in and anxiously took a place next to him.

“Hey, Tim. How was the trip?”

“Oh, fantastic. I think I gained about twenty pounds. The food alone was worth it,” he chortled. “Great job you did on the play there. The kids never sounded so good. I’m serious!”

“Thanks,” he cleared his throat, wiping a sweat of excitement and nervousness from his brow. “Um, Tim… what do you think about me staying on here?”

“Whaddya mean?” The old man’s bushy eyebrows disappeared in his classic look of Tim confusion.

“Are there any projects coming up I could sign on for?”

“We got an addition we’re building on the school in February. You want in on the crew?”

“Yeah. That sounds real good.”

“Okay then.” Tim swallowed a gulp of beer and stared at nothing in particular in front of him. “She really got you, didn’t she?”

Andy grinned. “I guess so.”

“You’re a smart boy,” Tim smiled at him, offering his hand over the bar. “Welcome home, Andy.”

Andrew Jameson, resident of Swan Junction, pop. 578, shook Tim Madsen’s gnarled old hand, happier than he’d ever been

******

Jessica’s El Camino rattled to a halt in the Shots parking lot, and she opened the door. A hand instantly grabbed her wrist, pulling her out of the car. She screamed in fright before realizing it was Andy, sweeping her up in a hug.

“Whoa!” she cried, her scream turning one of laughter as he lifted her feet off the ground, spinning around. He covered her mouth quickly with his for a long kiss

“Hey,” she drew away, grinning incredulously. “What brought that on?”

“Let’s just forget the party tonight. Let’s go pick up Michael and go to your place.”

“And do what?” she raised her eyebrow.

“Tuck him in. Put toys in his stocking. Rut like animals.”

“Sounds wonderful!”

“Then we’ll get up, have blueberry pancakes, watch Michael open his presents…”

“Andy…” she chided. “You know how I feel about that.”

“No, no, no. You don’t understand. Let’s do that every morning.” His eyes were wild, excited.

She stepped away from him.

“That’s not very funny.”

“No, it’s not funny. It’s serious. And so am I.”

Jessica peered at his face closely.

“You mean…?”

“No L.A.”

“Really?” A hint of a smile played on her lips.

“Really.” He grinned. “I love you, Jessie.”

Tears sprang to her mocha eyes. “I love you, too.”

He drew her back in his arms, whispering in her ear.

“Let’s go home.”

THE END

Author’s note: I hope those of you stuck through this rather long story enjoyed it. Happy Holidays, Lit-goers, and, as always, Happy Reading!

Route66Girl
Route66Girl
145 Followers