Werewolves and Indians Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Marcus exhaled, and looked at the angry young male before him. He could see the fear starting to surface in him. But he had no reason to be so frightened. Marcus decided for now to lay off. "Look, it's late. You two will stay here with us tonight, and we can talk in the morning. Logan, Jacob, you can go home. I'll help our guest settle in for the night." He called two Omegas and asked them to gather the necessary supplies for their guest. He turned to Betty and smiled, hoping to put her at ease. "Ms. Betty, I will show you to your room first. Come this way." Seeing how protective Ja'Mal was of his mother, Marcus felt that it was important that he see where his mother would be staying. Jacob bid them good night, but Logan stood watching Betty transfixed. He didn't want to leave for some reason. Jacob nudged his friend breaking his trance and left. After the two males had gone, Marcus along with the Omegas he showed Betty to her room.

Betty gasped, the room was magnificent. A plush queen sized bed sat I the center of the room. The colors were breathtaking, deep rich hues of purple and brown oak. Soon an Omega joined them and brought clothes for Betty for the night.

Leaving Betty, Marcus took Ja'Mal to his room. The room was just as impressive, and Ja'Mal thanked him again for accommodating them. Marcus stopped. "Look, you and your mother are welcomed here. I want you to know that." Ja'Mal froze. His wolf liked this man, but he had been hurt so much that he was wary. He opened his mouth to speak when Marcus patted his shoulder and said, "Let's talk in the morning. Tonight, just rest." He then turned and went to his room.

Marcus liked this kid. He would be a strong Alpha, and that was what Kingsley needed. First, he had to learn about the shaman. If he killed the man, then he'd bet it was in defense of his mother. Marcus' wolf growled. He abhorred violence of any kind, especially to women. He'd talk to them early, and then Keamon would stop by. Marcus smiled, he'd love the chance to catch up with his old friend.

Jacob and Logan walked back to their apartment I silence. All Logan could think of was the astonishing woman that he'd just met. The female, Betty was absolutely amazing. His wolf wanted her. However, she preferred talking with Jacob and Marcus. She barely noticed him. Most women failed to notice him when he friends were around. Normally it didn't bother him, but for some reason with her it did. Who was he fooling, he knew why. Here he was over one hundred and forty years old, and a woman made him nervous.

"Logan, what's wrong?" Jacob asked. Logan was often quiet, but tonight he talked. That was out of character for him. He saw what his friend may not be aware of Logan had met his mate. The woman was just as taken by his friend, but because of her son, she tampered down her reaction.

"Nothing, Jacob. I... I am just wired. After I rest tonight, I'll be fine." He answered.

Jacob decided to test the waters, "You think Betty would like to go out sometime?" he asked.

Logan growled, "I don't know. You have to ask her." He then went to his private quarters and got in bed. She is mine. If he knows what's best, he'll stay away, his wolf declared. Jacob was shocked. My wolf, she might want someone like him. He's taller, better looking, and you saw how she looked at him. His wolf huffed. It doesn't matter. Looking never hurt anyone, as long as he knows she's ours. We will make sure our mate gets the message.

********

Lionel sat on his porch at his ranch style home on the edge of town. His time was running out. He had to mate with her soon, or he'd lose her to the dark Were. Lionel lit several incense to commune with the spirits of old. He often went to them for guidance. This time was no different. He was powerful and since his uncle died, he was even more powerful. To gain complete power, he had to mate her, the Were princess, Kerrie.

Lionel chanted and slipped into a deep trance. In his vision he saw a beautiful She Wolf. Her golden coat glistened in the moon light. He called her to him and she looked up and snarled. He approached her, and she growled warning him to stay back as she backed away. As he reached her he extended his hand, and she bit him. Lionel snatched his hand back as Shamans of old spoke. T'chukemia, stop this. You will die and cause our people to perish. She is royalty, one of high blood. She will never agree to be with you. the vision ended.

Lionel woke up. He was covered in sweat and angry. The vision and the spirits were wrong. His Uncle groomed him; trained him to join the wapjanli. Today was the day. It was time to step up and claim what was rightfully his.

Lionel went inside his home. He went into his cabinet and took our some ingredients. She will never be with me willingly, so I have to make her submit. He boiled several roots and seeds as well as berries from various plants. He stirred the mixture carefully, making sure all of the extracts from the plants mixed. Once the mixture had thickened, he stirred them into a paste. Spreading the paste across the leaves of the osdilium flower, he waited for the paste to dry. The dried paste would be pounded into a power and it was just what he needed to subdue his bride ad claim her.

First he had to meet with her father. If all went according to plan. They'd be mated before the weeks end. Smiling because his plan was error proof, Lionel went to sleep.

Returning home, Keamon called his old friend. After agreeing to meet with Marcus, he hang up the phone and was ready for bed. He could hear Isla and Oman talking, so he stood at the door and listened. Isla was clearly annoyed with her brother, but this was one time he agreed with his grandson. To keep Isla safe, she needed to be away from Kerrie.

Keamon sighed. Hopefully it wasn't too late to stop Lionel. As he lay down he too had a vision, it scared him. It frightened him so that he could not sleep.

********

Betty slept better that night than she had since leaving her previous pack. She felt at home, and knew that this was where she wanted to stay. However, it depended on why they needed to see them. If they went against her son, she wouldn't worry about being here, because she'd probably be dead. She would protect her son, even if it took her life.

Betty awoke to a soft knock at her door. "Come in." she called. An Omega entered bringing her new clothes and shoes for the day. Betty was impressed because she noted that she brought her a uniform that was actually the right size. She wondered who would give her a ride to work. "Madam, breakfast is in the cafeteria as soon as you are ready."

Betty dressed and the young lady waited to accompany her to the cafeteria. "Wait, "Where is my son? Where is Ja'Mal?" Betty asked. She hadn't seen him since last night. She was sure he was fine, but as a mother she worried.

"He's already there with Marcus. They were up early. I was sent to bring you." The girl explained. Betty smiled, and realized she didn't even know this girl's name, but she made sure she had everything she needed.

"Sweetheart, what is your name? I'm simply Betty." She offered. The girl smiled, "I'm Amy." The two women entered the cafeteria. It was busy, people talking, eating, The Omegas made sure the breakfast food stayed piled high on the table. Amy led her to the table where Marcus and Ja'Mal sat together talking. The two men that brought them here were with them. Ja'Mal seemed relaxed. So Betty relaxed as well. Then she sat down. The men greeted her, but one did not say a word, simply stared. Betty was a little uncomfortable, because something about this guy set her wolf on edge.

Girl, calm down. He is not interested in us. she admonished her other half. Her wolf laughed, Look it's been months since I've been laid. He looks like a guy that can handle his business. He's so quiet, so rigid. I wonder how rigid. I bet we could make him howl. she bragged. Betty had to agree, He was exactly her type. Too bad he seemed to have an issue with her.

An Omega brought her a plate of food and she ate. As soon as she finished, she turned to Marcus to ask him about a ride to her job.

"That's already taken care of. Logan will take you. He works at the factory as well." Marcus explained. Betty's eyes flew to the other man who quickly looked away. She opened her mouth to ask for someone else, not wanting to place him in a precarious position.

"Betty, I am honored to give you a ride to work. We can go as soon as you're ready." He inserted. Her wolf howled. She knew. He could act as cold as he wanted, but she would have him because he was hers. Ja'Mal watched the interaction between the Beta and his mother. He had no problem with his mother being with whomever she chose, as long as they treated her with respect. He faced Marcus and started to explain he needed to go to the garage. Marcus stopped him, "I'll take you, but first we must talk." Ja'Mal exhaled, resigning himself to his fate.

They finished breakfast and Betty and Logan left for the mines. Walking out together, Logan opened the door to his jeep and helped her climb in. The ride started out quietly, when Betty asked to turn the radio on. Logan didn't mind, so she found a local blues station. Not one to be silent, Betty started talking. Logan loosened up and joined her in conversation. He was so comfortable with her. She was comfortable with him as well. With him something was different. She hadn't felt like this since Carl.

Logan saw that she was in deep thought, so he stopped talking for a moment. Betty, being bold knew that something needed to just be said. She took a deep breath, and faced the man seated beside her. "Logan, I must be honest with you. I am not looking for a mate. After Carl, well, losing him almost killed me. Now with this issue involving my son, I won't have time to give you my undivided attention. But..." Logan spoke.

"I'm not going to pressure you, Betty. I've waited decades, and I can wait longer for you. Besides, girl, if you think I'm letting you walk away from me. Think again." He smiled and her heart melted. They got out of his car and went to work. As soon as Betty made it to her line, her friends had questions. Logan went to his office but he noticed he got a few stares. People were curious. He was the least sociable person at the plant, but this morning they saw him interacting with a coworker. His supervisor. Byron stopped by. He saw Betty getting out of Logan's car and had questions. Byron liked Betty, and had asked her out. Usually he did so jokingly, but if another man was showing interest then he had to be warned. He wanted Betty Sims and he would make this known.

"Hey, um, Logan. Look, man I wanted to ask. Are you interested in Betty? I saw you drive in with her this morning." Byron asked.

Logan looked at this man. He realized he was interested in his mate. Logan smiled, which immediately put Byron on edge. Logan was not friendly. "Well Byron, let's just say this. What happens between the lovely Ms. Sims and myself is between us. Whether or not I am interested in dating her is none of your concern. Now if you have a question about work, I'll answer you." He added, forcing his wolf to stay calm.

Byron could take a hint and backed off. "No harm man, I was just curious. I mean, you're both adults and..." he quickly excused himself.

Logan contemplated for a moment. If Byron was attracted to his mate then so were other men. This thought made him smile. Betty was a beautiful woman, and someday she'd be his. He went to work on his reports. Betty thought of the quiet man she'd spent time with and smiled to herself. Logan Kingsley was special. She'd never met a man as shy as he was. She would enjoy helping him come out of his shell.

********

Once they finished breakfast, Marcus invited Ja'Mal to his office. He had several questions and he was sure this young man could answer. "Ja'Mal. I think you know what I want to ask you about. Save us both the time and tell me what happened." He asked.

Ja'Mal wanted to argue, but realized that he had no real recourse. He could however make sure his mother was protected. "Look, Momma had nothing to do with what happened. I attacked him. He had her and, I had to stop him. Besides she was at risk because of me..." He stopped because he had said too much.

Ja'Mal stood and stalked to the window. Marcus remained seated. "What did he do, Ja'Mal? I promise you this, if it was justified, we will protect you." Marcus whispered.

Ja'Mal looked at the tall man that was sitting patiently and could not explain. He took on the defensive again. "Why? You don't even know me. You don't know anything about me. Why would you protect me? Look, what happened was because of me. I just want Momma... I mean if it wasn't for me, she'd be at home right now. Not rogue and without a pack. You want the truth. It's simple, I killed a man and left him in the desert."

Marcus didn't blink. "I know that. But why did you?" he asked. Ja'Mal looked at him, startled. Would he call the police, or would he try and have him put down. Marcus could see fear growing so he spoke once more. "Frank was a nuisance. His death is no great loss. Have you noticed the humans have not questioned his disappearance? What did he do?" he asked once again.

Ja'Mal exhaled. He sat and faced the dark man before him and confessed. "Momma and I were traveling to our new home when I stopped to relieve myself. As I was gone, this guy Frank drove up. He grabbed Momma, chanted some words, and blew something in her face. She couldn't stop him. She screamed for me and I knocked him off of her. He was drunk, and tried to chant something strange at me when I took his throat. I hid his body and tried to make it look like he fell asleep and was attacked by wild animals. That was months ago. No one ever mentioned him. Look, Momma had nothing to do with..." Ja'Mal froze. Marcus was growling.

"No one will come after you or her because of him. We disposed of the body and I contacted the sheriff. We agreed that he got drunk and passed out in the desert. He was attacked and eaten by coyotes. The sheriff will inform his nephew, Lionel." Jamal froze and Marcus was instantly alert.

"That guy Lionel, he hates me. I don't know him, but he...It's something about him." Ja'Mal stopped and thought of Kerrie. She was his, and he had to find a way to keep this Lionel away from her.

Marcus nodded, "Ja'Mal, you are not alone anymore. We will stand with you. You need to report to your job. Jacob will take you home to retrieve your truck. You and your mother are welcomed to stay here if you chose to do so. If anything happens, call me. Here is my number. If you can't get me ask for Jacob."

For the first time in a long time, Ja'Mal felt relief. He trusted this werewolf. He thanked him, and then left for work. Jacob drove and didn't speak at first. As he approached the small home Ja'Mal lived in with Betty, Jacob said. "Ja'Mal. I know we got off on the wrong foot. I never intended to harm anyone. We just needed some answers. Marcus told me about your concerns about Lionel. I assure you that we will have your back on this. Just call."

Ja'Mal nodded and exited his truck. Looking back at the big redheaded man, Ja'Mal said two words. "Thank you." Jacob smiled, and waved as he drove back home. On his way back, he stopped by Keamon's, picked him up, and drove him to the den to talk with Marcus.

********

Larry was working in the fields when Kerrie called him to eat breakfast; he smiled. His daughter was a good girl. She took such great care of him, but now he had to care for her. They ate and Kerrie chatted about her day. Larry was silent.

"Kerrie Anne, I'm going to see Marcus at the den. I want you to stay there. I can deal with Lionel, but I want you someplace safe. Lionel is Shaman, and I don't trust him." Larry explained.

Kerrie nodded, "Ok, Daddy. I'll pack our things. We can go tonight." She said when Larry spoke.

"Baby girl, I'm staying here. I have to work the farm. I want you somewhere away from Lionel. The pack will protect you." he explained.

"Daddy, no. I'm staying here with you. You can't do all of this work by yourself. Look, I can deal with Lionel. He's just being a jerk." Kerrie explained. Her father needed her and she would not leave him here on his own.

Larry took both of her hands in his. "Kerrie, Lionel wants you. Your mother made me promise to keep you safe. You, my dear, are my life. I will deal with Lionel, but I can't if I'm worried about you. So today, I'm talking to Marcus, and if he agrees, you will move to the den." He stated emphatically.

Kerrie had never disobeyed her father and she hated to do so now. She could not agree to leave him here on his own. Besides, if she moved to the den, she wouldn't be able to see him. He came to the diner every evening. Although she'd just recognized him, her wolf desired to see him once again.

"Daddy, I know you want to keep me safe, but you need me here. I won't leave you." She exhaled, and for a moment her thoughts wandered to a certain young man with long dreads and a permanent scowl on his face. Kerrie smiled, You may try, but you can't resist me forever. You're mine. she mused.

Larry recognized the gleam in her eye. He saw it decades ago in her mother's eyes when she decided to tame him. "Kerrie, you are too much like your mother. You can stay, but I'm still talking to Marcus. As for this young man, I want to meet him." Kerrie laughed and hugged her father.

********

Lionel went to his office and ordered his secretary to pull Larry's account. He read the records and could not find one thing he could use to bend the much older man to his will. Although his farm had three mortgages, he kept up with his payments. Even when other farmers fell behind, Larry paid his bills. Lionel was furious. There had to be something that would get Kerrie to mate with him.

Lionel decided to see if he had cause to just pull and demand payment on any of his loans. He did not. Frustrated. Lionel decided that he would simply take a new approach. He'd make Kerri an offer she couldn't refuse. He knew she worried about him working so hard to keep up. If she would agree to go out with him, he would do everything he could to help Larry qualify for subsidies on his loans. Such things didn't really exist, but she didn't have to know that. Once he gained her trust, he would subdue her. Lionel smiled as he thought of the powder that would certainly help him reach his goal. If she refused then he'd use force. He would join with her even if he had to kill her to do so.

His secretary called and said he had a client, so Lionel set his revenge plot aside for now and greeted his customer. It wasn't a customer, it was the sheriff. A body been found in the desert. They were certain it was his uncle. From what they could tell he was drunk and fell asleep. A pack of wild dogs attacked and fed on him.

Lionel knew his uncle had passed and was not surprised. However, he acted the part of the grief stricken relative to gain sympathy. Because of his loss, the bank closed for the day. Lionel went home. Once he got safely inside he could plan his seduction of Kerrie.

Ja'Mal arrived at the garage as the sheriff was leaving the bank. He stood out front and watched just like everyone else. News of Frank's demise spread like wildfire. Soon Lionel walked out of the bank and looked around. Several people walked over to him, and he talked with them. Lionel felt a man's eyes on him. He looked up and glared at Ja'Mal and then he crawled into his car and drove away.

Ja'Mal needed to see Kerrie. He had to make sure that she was safe. Knowing she worked at the local market, he took a break and went to purchase a soda. Kerrie was ringing up a customer when her wolf froze. She scented him. Ja'Mal grabbed a soda and went to her lane. "Sir, I can check you out here," a girl called, but he stayed where he was. He needed to see Kerrie.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers