All Comments on 'When I Get Home'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Therapy, lots and lots of therapy. You wrote this very well. You caught onto how after a situation like this, the paranoia is real and you feel the walls closing in. You begin to see everyone as culprits. Time heals some wounds, not all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A tense but enjoyable tale. Drunk, cold medicine notwithstanding, I’ll always believe the things people do when “high” are things they want to do. Like hypnosis, absent being passed-out drunk or roofied, you don’t do things outside your nature. In fact, in my considerable experience, people often set out to get “drunk” and release the inner beast (with a built-in excuse).

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

She had full recall, therefore not totally drunk. Being drunk is not a valid excuse anyway. She never told hubby either. Keeping secrets, not a good way to be married. Poor in every way possible

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year agoAuthor

Drgwng, can't you give me a break? You're killing me, Man!

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Aucune excuse pour Karen. Elle a trompé son mari .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have left shotgun loaded, still, hindsights that sort of what if?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Authors here love to virtue signal. This is an especially "vomitacious" example: "I'm glad I didn't kill him".

There is no reason to regret killing a homocidal maniac. I wouldn't regret it for a moment. The fact that he survived is a matter of indifference, except to the extent he is a burden on taxpayers, which is a reason to regret his surviving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What the hell is it with this Cuck shit? Is that what the modern male has been reduced to? Is this now the morals of modern society: Your wife can spread her legs for another man, she says it didn't mean anything, she only loves her husband and he takes her back and everything is ok? Or is this what a select few want the modern male to be...a Cuck? I don't think so!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was hoping when she stepped between her husband and the prick that she was shot and killed. No such luck.

Laurentius0150Laurentius0150about 1 year ago

Anonymous here as in most of he or she's remarks on this site has a problem in thinking that all people men and women never make mistakes that bring them shame. Sorry real life and real people make mistakes all the time and most of those mistakes are not worth wanting someone to die over.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I liked this as a story but as this is Lierotica it’s lacking in sex, but as I said, nice plot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why does this writer have such a hardon for white knighting in such a nauseating way? It’s pretty creepy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Again back to a cuck ending. 3 stars.

Bill S.

A_BierceA_Bierce9 months ago

As often happens, I find myself in the minority among the commentariat. This was a finely crafted story, with mystery aplenty, a successful twist (he had unloaded the shotgun), and a logical resolution. Of course she loved him (greater love hath no etc. etc.), of course he was able to forgive her. Because love. Thank you, HDK.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What A_Bierce said. A true lovers story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

@Huedogg2, I don't believe the first wife fucked Ralph. "Tim wouldn't tell anyone why, but rumor was that he caught Ralphie-boy sniffing around his wife."

\

@Drgwng, she had "total recall" of the picnic/party where both Ralph and Kurt were there, that wasn't the same occasion where she go drunk and fucked Ralph.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sorry one and done, don't claim it was medication or drinks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Utter Bull Shit!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, happy ending. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

My immediate thoughts were she had cheated and - shock! - I was right (yeah yeah, LW category, no surprise there). Honestly at the end I would have said, "hey no need for guns, you're welcome to the cheating slut. I hope she's more faithful to you than she was to me." Harsh perhaps, but that's the kind of policy on cheating you need if there's any chance of keeping these women from straying. If the consequences aren't absolutely devastating then there's no real deterrent.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown4 months ago

Yawn...

She cheats, no atonement or "balancing the scales". But acting like a good wife is enough to make it up to him. {sarcasm}

And of course we have to do the obligatory going nuclear on the AP. As that the only way to regain ones self respect.

Typical boiler plate simp porn,,,,

Pappy7Pappy73 months ago

Seriously, the old I was drunk defense? Why in the hell was she drunk and alone enough with that guy to fuck him? I think that it would have been hard for anyone but a husband in LW land to just let something like that go. It didn't just happen, she made the conscious decision to go with the guy. If she was so drunk she couldn't make a good decision she probably couldn't go somewhere without being carried or dragged.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I feel there could have been a chance he slipped something into her drink, its about the thing a sicko like him would have done. That cold be one of the explanations of why she did what she did. Had she been shot that near to a 12 bore shot gun and drank a glass of water after, she would leaked like a colander. She would have been shredded, no hope of surviving that one.

When I was young and lived on a farm the Farmer lost his orchard to rabbits one very cold winter. That really upset him. In he summer we used to go out bunny bashing, they used a small bore guns to bag a few bunnies then, when they got enough, they turned to 12 bore guns to have some fun. The problem was the bunnies stopped playing and refused to come out. At that point the Farmer and others went to lunch and came back out for round two later on!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Good story, I do like the idea of another that Ralph should have been accused of slipping Karen a 'mickey' to get laid.... however, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story. Alcohol and cough syrup is a bad combo. And there is no reason to believe that the weirdo woukd really tell the truth or even know what great sex is for a woman. Heck she might have even (for a while) thought it was her husband. People can really loop out on cough syrup and alcohol. He knew she was drunk. He admitted that much. Given that she tried to save him twice, first by lying to Williams to take her away right now before her husband csme home, and then with the shotgun, fully expecting to die that makes it clear she loves her husband, not to mention all her guilt and that she cut it off with Williams immediately afterwards when he approached again. There is none of the stuff about insecurity, why was I not enough?, does she live me or him, etc. And trust was restored quickly with her actions. Short, succinct, well paced, and entertaining. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7139 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...