Why do I write, by SusanJillParker?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yet, proud of myself, doing it all the hard way by paying my way through school, I earned my college degree by going to school full-time, even through the summers, while working full-time. When I wasn't working, I was in school. When I wasn't in school, I was reading and writing. With a GPA average of 3.65, I graduated magna cum laude with a degree in English and with minors in Creative Writing and Literature. Emerging as a new college graduate, expecting to find a good job and earn a good living, suddenly and inexplicably even though the economy was good, there were no jobs.

The only jobs available were part-time jobs without benefits and a wage too low to support yourself. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair. Lay off after lay off, companies were reducing their staffs, not hiring, forcing those who remained to work hard, faster, and kept the profits for themselves. With the rich getting richer, the poor were getting poorer. Unless you had a foot in the door to some company who valued you as an important member of their staff, you were just another unemployed or underemployed statistic.

Even when I was homeless in 2011 after divorcing my physically and emotionally abusive ex and losing everything in a flood, the one thing that I still had and refused to sell was my 14K gold, college graduation ring. With gold at a record high price then, I thought about selling the ring. I even had the jeweler quote me a price but with so little gold in the ring, the money wasn't worth not having the daily, visual memory of my personal accomplishment and my educational achievement on my finger. A testimony to myself for all the hard work I did to graduate with high honors, that stupid ring meant more to me than having food in my belly. I'd rather starve than to sell that ring and I still proudly wear it on my finger every day.

Saving me from homelessness, a kind, elderly Mennonite woman offered me her spare bedroom. Three years later, ensconced and safe within the Mennonite community, still living with her, I've become her caretaker and chauffeur. For the first time in my life, I'm happy. For the first time in my life, after divorcing my abusive ex, who threatened to kill me, I feel safe. For the first time in my life, I'm finally doing what I love to do and what I was meant to do. I'm writing stories.

THE END

  • COMMENTS
19 Comments
dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Wow, you have had a very difficult life growing up. I can't imagine how hard it was, and can only say your writing and creativity is extraordinary and I have enjoyed some of your many stories here. I will be reading more of them.

As your life moves forward, my sincere wishes that you find inner peace and love from another human being. There are good people out there.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

Wow, Glad you found safety. What a wonderful talent you have. I continue to enjoy your writing. The tale of your life reminds me of just how lucky I have been in life. Happy trails to you and I wish you continued success with your passion for writing.

femmephallusfemmephallusalmost 7 years ago
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL CATALOGUE OF EROTICA

YES, THANKS SUSAN JILL, THANKS FOR YOUR CREATIVITY, YOUR LUSTY PASSION FILLED STORIES AND YOUR ANSWER BACK TO ME WHEN YOU GET TIME! (I'LL SEND YOU MY ADDY UNDER SEPARATE COVER.)

assdeassdealmost 7 years ago
Sad yet courageous writing

Though I have not read your other stories, what I just read touched me deeply. Not many people have the guts to write erotica under their real names and writing about his/her childhood trauma in a public platform. It is very sad that you had to endure so much at your childhood. I have never commented on any erotica before, but felt compelled to comment on this one. Thank you for sharing so much.

John558John558about 9 years ago
WOW

I thought I had it rough...

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Who is the Writer, SusanJillParker? An up close, personal look at the writer behind the stories.in Reviews & Essays
Swingers' Halloween Masquerade Ball Jim coerces his wife, Julie, to attend a swingers' dance.in Group Sex
Susan's Saturday Night Sex Ch. 01 Finding them, feeling them, fucking them & forgetting them.in Erotic Couplings
How to Get You to Read My Story, #1 How to entice you to read by using mother and son incest.in How To
After School Special Todd's mistake gets surprising results from Miss Ross.in Mature
More Stories