Why I Hated The Guy From The FBI Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the Department of Justice, and FBI headquarters, phones were ringing off the hook. Memos were being shredded and emails erased as quickly as they could. They had no idea that it was already too late to try and hide their footprints.

The next day, the newspapers showed pictures of the Caruso's laying in their blood, at the airport. Questions were being asked by Congresspersons, about who would gain from killing these Italian-Americans There were only two logical answers: "The Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation would be the beneficiaries of the Caruso's deaths." They would no longer have to prove that he was involved with the Mafia, and he would no longer be around to defend himself. The Mancuso case could cause a problem, but that was only money."

After the initial horror of the assassination attempt died down, and it was known that Anthony Caruso was in a coma, and on life support, information was leaked that the FBI planned to arrest Anthony Caruso, when he stepped foot on American soil, and then assassinate his character, while he was in jail.

The FBI denied this accusation vehemently. They said there was never any such plan in the works, because they had plans to testify before Congress, about his ties to organized crime. They did the rounds of the Sunday news programs, the morning shows and in interviews with the print news media, claiming their innocence.

As soon as they finished polishing their image, the confidential material was given to the New York Times, and every other news outlet in the country. It was posted on the Internet for anyone, and everyone to see.

Copies were sent to every Congressman, Senator, Members of the President's cabinet, and the President of the United States himself, on his unlisted, secure cell phone. No one knew how they got that number.

The President called in the Attorney General, and the Director of the FBI and asked them, point blank, if either of their agencies had anything to do with the attempted assassinations of two American citizens.

The Attorney General denied any wrongdoing from the Department of Justice. The director of the FBI said, "Mr. President, I am not sure." He told the President that there was a lot of electronic activity at the Bureau, after the announcement of the attempted assassination of the Caruso's. He had his computer experts trying to gather everything they could from deleted emails and messages from the hard drives. He would not know the answers for several days or weeks.

The President ordered the Director to hold a news conference stating those facts, as clearly and concisely as he had to him. He was to hide nothing from the public that would indicate a cover-up going on, at the FBI. Congress would call in a special prosecutor to investigate the attempted assassination of two American citizens abroad, and if they didn't do it, he would ask them to do it, himself

The President was in no mood to be jerked, around by anyone.

An emissary was sent to the United States, with a signature and a date, on a letterhead from the Castronova family. It was intended to calm the nerves of many people. Vincent was with Donna and Annarosa, when the news of his parents attempted assassination was announced. He called Antonia who told him everything would be all right, in a little while. He could not understand why she was so calm, when the newspapers were filled with doom and gloom. The pictures of his father, lying in a pool of blood did nothing to calm him down. The pictures of his mother lying on the floor, made his blood boil.

Several days after the assassination attempt, a guard, in front of Marco Mancuso's home, called and said they had an important visitor, from Italy.

Since Don Alberto was with them, Marco said, "Make sure he is clean, and bring him in."

Roberto Castronova was brought in to the house, and introduced to everyone. He went over to Don Alberto, bowed before him, and said, "I bring you greetings from my father, Don Antonio Castronova."

Don Alberto asked, "How is he? Is he enjoying the Atlantic seashore?"

"He prefers the Mediterranean zephyrs to the Atlantic squalls, Don DiAngiolla. However, he has found many pursuits to pass the time of day."

"I am very happy to hear that Roberto. Give him my best and that of my entire family."

"I will surely do that, sir. However, to the meaning of my visit here today; I bring you this note and I wish you to look at the date it was signed."

Don Alberto looked at the blank piece of paper with Anthony Caruso's signature on it and dated several days after his attempted assassination. While the papers had said he was already on life support, and in a coma, his signature was strong and steady. The Don laughed. He looked at Roberto and said, "This was all set up in advance?"

"Yes sir. Only my oldest brother knew about it. However, we had no part in the operation itself."

"Marco, Vincent, come here please." He handed Marco the letter and Vincent looked at it, at the same time. They were both stunned.

Vincent looked at Roberto and said, "Both my parents are fine?"

"Yes Vincent, they are both fine. Your father needs about two more weeks to recover from his wound, and the stitches will come out of your mother's backside in a few days."

"The papers said she was hit in the back."

"Technically, that is where the backside is."

"I am going to kill my sister. She could have told me this over the phone."

"I guess you wanted the FBI to know all this information, also? I did not fly nearly 4000 miles to deliver this message, because of the airline food."

"I am sorry, Roberto. Sometimes my mouth opens, before I engage my brain."

"That is a sin, only a child can commit. You are no longer allowed to commit that sin. You are the man of the family now. Your father does not want you involved in the family business. You must always use your brain, because you may accidentally implicate all of us. When the time comes, Don DiAngiolla and Don Mancuso will tell you about your future."

Vincent looked at his father-in-law, in a new light. This was the first time anyone had called him a 'Don.'

"Thank you Roberto, I will remember what you have told me, always."

"Good, Vincent, now if you would take your wife into another room, I have business to discuss with the 'Don's."

After Vincent and Donna had left the room, Roberto turned to Marco Mancuso and asked, "Don Mancuso my family has asked me to propose a joining of our families through the marriage of Annarosa, and one of our grandchildren. We know this is not your way, but it will solidify our ties for generations to come. We would like, with your approval, to have your daughter and granddaughter spend summers with us, in Milan. Annarosa would grow up knowing all of her distant relatives and would form a bond with them. Hopefully, as she grows older, she would fall in love and wish to marry one of them. Nothing would be forced upon her. This is not a contract of marriage, it is only our fervent hope that this will come to pass."

Don Marco Mancuso stood up, shook hands with Roberto, and smiled. "Roberto, you may tell your family that I agree wholeheartedly. It will be as they have asked. I will advise my daughter and son-in-law of these terms, and insure my granddaughter's virginity. How long do you anticipate spending here in the United States?"

"I leave tomorrow evening, sir."

"Is there anything we can do for you, while you are here?"

"No sir, I wish to be as anonymous as possible. I do not wish to bring attention to your family, or mine, just in case some people are watching."

"You are very kind Roberto, enjoy your stay."

Gloria and Philip visited the hospital, where Tony and Rose had been taken. Private guards were outside his room and before they were allowed in, Frank had to come out and verify their identities.

Once inside the room, they were greeted warmly by everyone. Tony was sitting in a chair, by a blacked out window, surrounded by his wife and daughter.

Phil Gennaro smiled, "I guess I am a good shot after all."

"You son of a bitch; it was you?"

Frank smiled, "Dad, keep your blood pressure under control. We had to keep this in a very small circle of friends. The fewer people that knew about it, the better we could control the information. My dad proved he could shoot the eyes out of a target, at 900 meters. 100 meters was a no-brainer for him. He put the bullet exactly where he put it on the mockup he drew of you. He missed mom by a little bit, because he could not compensate for the dress."

Rose looked at him and said, "You should have told me, and I would have worn slacks."

"There was a reason I did not go to the luncheon with you, Rose. I did not want you to worry about it being me. I wanted you to think that it was going to be a professional hit, by an expert marksman."

Rose got up and kissed him. "You definitely are an expert marksman Philip. I have a scar on my butt to prove it."

Tony said to him, "You are also going to be a lot richer, for your part in this operation. I know you didn't expect to get anything out of it, but you are."

"Tony, I did not do this for the money. Believe me when I say, it was my pleasure shooting you."

The room burst into laughter, but the loudest laugh was from Tony himself.

A press release was made by the hospital saying that Anthony Caruso was being transferred to the home of Don Antonio Castronova for extended care, while he was in a deep coma. The hospital had done everything they could do for him, and like Don Antonio before him, his room would be like a hospital facility. The transfer would take place in a few days.

The FBI had obtained all the records, from the hospital, both legally and illegally, including the bullets that had hit Tony and Rose, from Italian authorities. They were from an American military rifle and high-power military rounds. There was no hiding this from the public, because the Italian authorities were about to release the information.

When the SAIC sent this news to the FBI offices, in New York and Washington, D.C., the operative words were, "Oh fuck, are we screwed."

When the Italians released the news to the press, the next day, the uproar was so loud it shook the halls of Congress, all the way across the reflecting pond to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Congress did not wait for the president to ask for a special committee to investigate the FBI. Subpoenas were sent out directing everyone from the Director and everyone to do with the case against Anthony Caruso to testify before Congress within the next 15 days. All documents concerning this matter were to be handed over within seven days to the congressional council's office. The honorable Leon Swarovski, a retired federal judge, was named the special prosecutor.

Meanwhile, outside the Castronova mansion in Milan, Tony and Rose Caruso were sipping wine and enjoying a light meal with friends. When Frank and Antonia finished their school days, they would go to visit their 'ailing' father and see her mother. Antonia's pregnancy was proceeding normally. The doctors said she was two months pregnant.

Celeste had left for Geneva to take her physical, and Philip was very unhappy that he was unable to join her.

Charlie and Ann are flying back to California to prepare for their April wedding.

Gloria and Philip Gennaro were back at their home, in the vineyard, attempting to screw their brains out.

Thomas Shackelford, Esq. and Associates filed lawsuit in Federal Court, against the Department of Justice, and the FBI for $900 million, for the Mancuso's and the Caruso's. He also filed a lawsuit in Civil Court, against American Airlines for $100 million. Mr. Shackelford sat back in his office, and let Congress do his discovery for him. If everything went correctly, it would be one of the easiest cases he had ever handled.

The End

Chapter 12