Wildflowers in the Meadow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*************

In the early morning the birds woke them. David poked his head out first. The sun was fighting its way through the leaves. All was wet from the night rain, but the air was beginning to warm.

Jane followed David. They brushed their teeth in the remaining water, and that which they collected in their cups and little kettle that the set outside their tent during the night. They set about to collect some firewood. David split it with his ax to expose the dry wood. Soon he had a blaze going. Jane tended the fire while David scouted for a source of more water.

While David was away from the campsite Jane stood near the fire, staring into it, thinking about what had happened to her in the past three days. She felt enlightened and confused at the same time.

"Perhaps confusion is enlightenment," she thought to herself.

Her thought surprised her. This is something that David would have said to her, but she produced the wisdom on her own. She was ascending to a higher level.

The forest had succeeded in drawing her into it. At first, she found herself unable to preserve the sheath of circumspection that could have blocked her opening to the mysteries that the forest presented to her. She wondered why she ever wished to preserve the barrier. Each mystery resolved opened an even deeper one. With the barrier dissolved, she found her resistance shrinking, giving way to the enlargement of what was inside her. This, she knew: never again would she pass over the obligation to know and discover truth that was in her and around her, and make the two the same.

She had not actually had sex with David since they started on the trip. She, however, felt satisfied in her intercourse with him, in their sharing of all that which passed through and sharpened their senses, and between them in spoken disclosures. The physical act of love would be the finale of their primal joining. She desired it for completion as much as for the sensation of release.

David returned with the water. She heard him treading though the forest before she saw him. She took the water from him and set it on the fire to boil, then got the rest of the oatmeal and raisins out of his pack, along with the coffee.

"You're becoming an old hand at this," he teased.

"Speak for yourself," she teased back. "You're just as old as I am."

"We're both young," he said softly.

They sipped their coffee as they waited for the food to cook. Neither spoke, content to be a happy couple, alone together early in the morning.

When the oatmeal was ready to eat, they dug into it greedily. They forgot how hungry they were. David ate faster and when he was done he abruptly stood and said,

"You finish up. Eat all you can. I'm going to give myself a shave."

Jane looked at him surprised, but David made no explanation. He ducked into the tent, emerging with a bar of soap, his knife and a sharpening stone. He took some of the water in his cup and retreated to the far side of the tent, staying there for some minutes. Jane cleaned up the dishes and let the fire slowly die out. It was mid-morning.

After a short time, David emerged from his hiding place and strode up to her.

"What do you think?" he demanded, jutting out his jaw at her.

"Smooth," she cooed, passing her palm over both sides.

"Good!" he declared, and then grabbed her hand as he pulled her along. "We have somewhere to go right now."

Jane scurried through the trees to keep up with him. They had left their campsite as it was. They carried nothing with them. Soon they arrived at the edge of a precipice. The way down to the bottom would not be easy. It was impossible to travel further without accepting some uncertainty.

"We can climb down," David told her. "It's not too steep."

When they arrived at the bottom Jane looked across and saw another wood about one hundred yards away, just like the one from which she had emerged. In between was a meadow. David took her hand and they ran to the center of it.

The meadow extended before them until it cascaded over a ridge. Beyond, they could see the hills of Pennsylvania as the forest traveled on. The meadow was twice again in length as it was wide. It wasn't flat. They stood on a knoll and the terrain slowly descended down from where they stood. They surveyed the panorama spread before them.

The grass was thick and plush, and nearly knee deep. It was wet near the base, with the sun having died out the tops. It was deep green, even more so than the forest on either side of them. The sun played hide and seek with the clouds. The dappled light cast different shades around the meadow. They faced into a breeze that made the grass roll like waves on an emerald ocean.

The most prominent features were the bursts and dots of white strewn among the green of the grass, along with smaller clusters of yellow, sprinkled with blue.

"Wildflowers in the meadow!" Jane exclaimed in awe, trembling, as she turned to David, along side her. "You knew this place was here all along."

David stepped behind her and clasped his arms around her waist. He bent lower and spoke softly and deeply into her ear. "Yes," he answered. "I was here years ago. It is the most beautiful place that I know. It hasn't changed at all. I wanted you to see it; to be with you in it; to make love to you in it. I've held off the last two days. I've saved it for now."

David started to unbutton Jane's shirt as she eased back into him, relaxing her arms at her sides to give him access. The buttons undone, Jane leaned forward so that David could pull the shirt down her arms and set it aside. The bra followed quickly. David's palms ascended to cup her breasts. Jane opened herself to the pleasure of the touch. It rippled from her breasts to her core, causing her vagina to moisten. Blood flowed to her vulva and her clitoris began to swell. Her breath started to quicken.

"At last!" she sighed. She stood still, letting him touch her at will. His thumbs coursed over her nipples, fanning her flames.

In the distance they spied a black cloud moving slowly toward them. The sun behind it outlined the edge in shining silver, afire like Elijah's chariot, a clarion in the sky. Behind it came another dark cloud, dropping rain like black dust. The wind freshened.

"Rain is coming," Jane said.

"Quick, take off the rest of your clothes," David said, bending to the task. "Turn your boots over so they don't get water in them. Put your clothes over them for good measure."

In a few seconds they were back together, this time naked. David held Jane again from behind, caressing her breasts. She leaned back and felt his erection pressing the small of her back. The cheeks of her buttocks rested against his thighs.

As they stood together, savoring the feeling of the other's flesh resting on their own, they watched the rain moving toward them. The clouds moved steadily, slowly, inexorably in their direction. It should have excited or frightened them, but did not. They were mesmerized into a state of complete relaxation. They waited, motionless, together.

"God is here in this meadow. I feel His hands on me," David whispered to Jane.

David's words bade Jane to grant her final surrender. Somehow, she believed him. David had been right so many times over the past few days. Her belief was made of neither emotion nor logic. It was a decision to believe, born of courage and desire. She was naked; felt no shame, remorse or fear.

"I can feel it," she whispered back to David.

The rain was closing in and they waited for it to come to them.

"I wish that we could be married right here in this meadow," Jane spoke over the wind to David.

"We will, then, right now." David declared. "God will be our witness."

"What do I say?" she asked.

"God doesn't need to hear words. What is in you is open to Him. Just pledge the marriage vows to yourself. He will know if you have meant it."

Jane stood silently, lost in her thoughts of David and the promises she was making. As they finished, the rain began washing over them. It signified that they had become man and wife. They stood still and allowed the rain to continue pouring on them. It was neither cool nor hot; just soothing and refreshing.

Jane pivoted around to kiss David. They embraced as the rain poured down more strongly. It showered them as they kissed and seeped its way between them where their flesh pressed together. It drenched their hair and the excess ran down their bodies. They held the embrace. Jane felt her breasts and nipples crushing into David's chest. His hardened penis pressed into her belly. Jane rose up on her toes and settled back down again, just to feel David's erection rubbing on her rain-slick skin. She imagined him running through her slippery vagina.

Jane released the emotions that she had trapped within her. She refused to waste them or hold an ounce in reserve. Some were old feelings built and nurtured from her relationship with David, and before. They were of love, commitment and desire. Some were new, that she had acquired in her search for self in the forest. They drove her to deny control for its own sake; to accept an inner universe where she found freedom to understand, to give and receive. She blended her colors to create a new, lovely hue. She was, truly, a wildflower blown by the wind to this meadow. She was planted in the right place. She had searched for her meaning and found it.

Understanding broke over her like the teeming rain. It broke her free of conscious thought and allowed instinct to control her. Jane released her embrace on David and clasped his hands in hers. She leaned backward, falling into the lush grass, pulling David on top of her. She opened her thighs to form a cradle for him. Jane felt his weight on top of her, his penis probing at her juncture. She was panting in desire, anticipating no sensation. Rather, she reached out to capture them as they flooded over her.

Jane looked up at David's face. He had intensity and desire painted on it. He lowered himself to her breasts, whose skin was slippery and tasted of the rain, and her nipples engorged by excitement. He licked and then sucked the water from them. The sensation sent charges to her center. Jane kept her gaze turned skyward as David went lower to taste the moisture of her sex. The rain kept falling on her, adding to the surrealism. Around her was an aura of green, made by the grass and flowers towering over her head as she lay there. The blades bent over dripping water onto her face and the tall daisies leaned down to kiss her. The grass under her was a mattress where a thousand blades supported her frame. She writhed as David licked her, and the grass entered her private crevices, releasing further her wild primal urgings. The pleasure of her body drove her to frenzy.

David climbed back up to be face to face with her. Jane opened her thighs wider and he mounted her. Jane wrapped her legs around him so that her feet lodged around David's knees. As his hard penis found her gate and he started to gently push in, Jane thrust her legs skyward, and then wrapped them around David's waist as tightly as she could. The action sent him deep into her. His crown pushed through her canal, opening her. She squeezed her vagina around his shaft, re-closing herself around him. The filling of her induced a pleasure that shook her momentarily.

As David began his exit and thrusting, she tightened herself even more; her legs around his waist, her arms around his shoulders and her sheath around his shaft. She did so, not to entrap him, but to force a greater exertion from him as he continued. As the heavens continued to pour out water, they poured out all their energy into the other. David would move forward into Jane; she would tighten her gripping legs around him to pull her vagina onto him and deepen the thrust. As he would withdraw, she would relax back down to wait for him to move back into her once again.

In each cycle Jane's pleasure grew. She was scaling a mountain, the peak coming into view. She felt David's breathing labor harder with each pass. David thrust into her and she knew that she was very close. She neither prolonged, nor cut short the approach, but allowed it to come upon her as it would. On David's next journey into her she crested. The release caused her to cry out with abandon. She was overtaken and could no longer move against his thrust. Every muscle in her pelvis shuddered and David kept pumping. Finally, as she began descending, David thrust forward as far into her as he could. She heard his cry of ecstasy and felt him pour into her.

David remained atop, still inside her, catching his breath. Jane smiled in thankfulness as she looked into the sky. The rain stopped; the sun emerged. Around her, the green halo of grass dripped their tears of joy on her face. A gentle breeze arose. The wildflowers bent again to kiss her, whispering "Remember us!" Jane would never forget. ********************

Epilogue

The marriage of Jane and David in the meadow is their secret. They renewed their vows at the appointed time the following month for all to hear and see. It is their secret, also, whether they ever camped again in that special forest, or made love anew in their meadow. Deep in Jane's mind, she does so every day of her life.

The couple receives best wishes from friends and family on the anniversary of their wedding day each August. They set aside a certain day in early July as a special one of their own. Then, they are reminded how God blended wisdom, understanding and love together, as He still does.

THE END

*******************

Dear Readers,

I hope that you enjoyed "Wildflowers in the Meadow". Thank you for reading it. I am always interested in your questions and comments.

Autumn Writer