All Comments on 'Without a Paddle'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 319 Comments
cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Magic Trick

That was a tough rabbit to pull out of the hat, having hubby get over a decade+ of cheating...but I think you managed to pull it off.

Another fine tale, well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
not one of your better ones

you tried but not quite a real RAAC story

zed0zed0over 11 years ago
I Always Knew Mouse Bang Drivers Were Wimps!

Thank you for proving my point!

Pick a time & place, and I'll show you how a real man with a "Beemer" eats your little pony cars for breakfast.

zed0zed0over 11 years ago
p.s.

Put a wimp warning on this shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Pretty good

OK, better than pretty good. You didn't give it away too soon and that was a good twist at the end. It seems you hurt someone's little feelings though. Looks like Zed0 has a bad case of short dick syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So....

what happened to the whore and her accomplices who robbed and poisoned him? This was entertaining if a bit frustrating for the dumbness of the women.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Better than just 'good.'

First rate storytelling! The only thing I wasn't too happy about was that the George and Cora characters were drawn a bit 'black & white' - but the fleshed out ones of Mark and Miriam made up for it. A fiver!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
You Knew

Mustang man, you knew when you wrote this that it would not go over well with the majority of your readers. Why did you write it?

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
GET AWAY FROM THE FLOW

and you might not need that paddle, TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
Once again a SS06 well written story

I gave it a three because of the writing. But to me in the end your doing alot of what the other writer like MM, Ohio and slirpuff do. They justify the cheating. Ok, she made a "too much to drink" bad decision and fucked George. But and there's always a "BUT". She knew Mike Jr wasn't Mike's son, for 15 years. For 15 years she was blackmailed by George to fuck him twice a year. And out of all that you hold George to a higher standard that Miri. Mike didn't marry George, he married Miri. So you destory George but give Miri, her half of everything and he wants to go back to work and give her half of the money was just to much for me.

To me some parts are just as bad as what Ohio or Matt would write. So lets be real about it, do you honestly think any man would give up half, with out being court forced. I'm not saying Mike doesn't love Mike Jr. But Mike was right, the whole marriage was a lie. And in the end my friend, it just another way of justifing her cheating. She didn't want to hurt him, but in the end she hurt him worse, than she would have if she told him when she first fucked George. In the end , George is destroyed, Miri is fucking happy and Mike still has a lying, cheating, whore of a wife. Where's the romance?

I still gave it a 3 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
great story

Thank you, great story!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Amazing

I am a btb kind of guy but she was raped and then blackmailed so you wrote it well. You did good stang 5.

root4bamaroot4bamaover 11 years ago
Good Read

I'm just glad to have a good story to read. To many stories for days are not above a 3. No creampie stories, written by closet gays. I have a hunch that ex-husbands that were really screwed over, write, "burn the bitch stories", and ex-husbands that in fact, "BTB", write stories about forgiveness and saving the marriage. Both exploring what it would be like if things had turned out different.

Roll Tide

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Should have just done part 2 chief. Should have just done part2.

wxwiseonewxwiseoneover 11 years ago
Great

Really great story Stang. All year your stories have been good.

leviayersleviayersover 11 years ago

again an excellent story. When i was about 15, and embarrassed my Mom, she used that "I brought you in, I'll take you out" line. after 45 or so years, I've never forgotten it. I really enjoy your stories, but I often wonder what conversations are like in your home when you are into writing a story. I can,t write for many reasons. (for starters, finding all the letters on this keyboard), but I can,t imagine not putting myself into the character. Thanks for sharing this hobby of yours with us.

jacsrjacsrover 11 years ago
Great as always

In the style you have come to be known by, this like all your stories was great.

Glad you write for all us non writers, who enjoy your writings, all year long, keep up the well written stories, happy holidays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it

Loved the story, loved the twist, really well written.

I also can't help it but I just really enjoy the hell out of your LW insider jokes:

- 'When we we married', no wrong story;

- wondering how the hell I am going to get a Mustang on this boat.

If you want volunteers to help organize a bunch of these into a Kindle eBook, I would be glad to help. MRL

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Really Tugged at the Heart Strings

Great job with this one; loved the characters, the story, and the late twist.

likeboblikebobover 11 years ago

Please do not get too bizarre in the future.The fact that your stories deal mostly with realistic people is what makes them a good read. Thank you.P. S. Have a Merry Christmas.

Richie4110Richie4110over 11 years ago
The ultimate story

This is among the five best stories I've ever read on Literotica. It is worthy of a ten for emotional impact, for characters, for story line and for pace. I feel like giving a 5 to your next story before reading it.

Thank you for this splendid effort and I look forward to your next effort. I don't see how you can do better but I have high hopes.

MerlHaggertMerlHaggertover 11 years ago
No Sir

I loved the story....but(hahaha) they shouldn't have gotten back together, that's just my belief. I think it's one of the best stories I've read on here. Great stuff and thanks for continually keeping us entertained. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sorry....

Story fell apart on the sixth part...Instead of a strong man, became a weak man.

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
The King is Dead

Long live the King SS06

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

Who wouldn't like this story? Nicely done SS06.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I agree with Likebob

Your stories are much better when they stay close to reality. You are an exceptional writer and do not need all of those sci-fi tricks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Best

This is the ONLY story that I have read on LE that I have had some empathy for the cheating wife. The comment that she made about her fear that he would leave her because she could not have more children was convincing.

Excellent writing 5 *

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
A ceramic item in the bathroom...........

Damn Americans You live in big houses in the suburbs full of bathrooms in the house! Why are not any mestermind architects who could build a bathroom with ceramic pissoars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW In Danemark an inventor invented a plastic instrument for women, which small instrument assist them to piss standing state like the men to a pissoar!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
RePhil is right your highness!!

Long live the king.

SLOgentSLOgentover 11 years ago
Another one

SS06, you are getting damn close to leading the league in home runs! Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

Thanks for writing, I enjoy all of your works. DUNA- urinals (pissoars) are against code in private homes. You can't have one installed in your home. I know because i tried

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It was decent

But she should've trusted her spouse enough to understand that she was taken advantage of the first time. I don't understand these stories where people get blackmailed. They have got to know the truth will always come out. Always.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
A periodicity of the rest

SS06 writes many BTB stories and he does a rest with a reconcilation stories in a periodicity. Sometime in his rest periodicity is a good reconcilation story in other rest time there is a less good one.

I think a BTB writer may be rest time, but we prefer better his activity time with good revenge and consequence stories to the rest time stories. SS06 writes fable stories and this story is less fable story it is a romantic story. SS06's other NO DNA test proof children stories the "Forever Gone, Forever You" is better for me, because that is more humorouse. I like Mark jr character very much. However a clever woman wants common child after the NO DNA test proof child and the reconcilation decide would be edibile as in DG Hear's story........In Thecelt's story the husband decides on remaining in the marriage after the birth of Jennifer............

dinkymacdinkymacover 11 years ago
Another good one!!

Thanks for sharing.

DyslexiceaDyslexiceaover 11 years ago
Tell Death Do Us Part

My, my a love story instead of a hate story. Did you happen to write that for mio? Very nice try dear, not perfect mind you but you surely did make my eyes water. Now I'm not admitting to crying, well maybe a little.

I do wish instead of a four person first person story you'd have left out both Mark Jr. and George or had written it as a third person story.

Your portrayal of Miri was confusing, at points she seemed rather dull-witted at others she seem quite intelligent.

As for you men who find strangstar's Mark a wimp or a weak man, your just so full of it. It takes a real man to face up to his problems, especially if his problem is the woman he loves. It's the weak man who runs away and hides crying divorce, divorce, divorce without even trying to save his marriage.

Some of you men seem to think the only important marriage vow is 'To Forsake All Others' while completely forgetting you also took other vows 'To Love, Honor and Cherish' and 'Tell Death Do Us Part'.

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
somewhere you lost sight of the biggest hurt!

Mark was fooled into a vasectomy - he will never actually have a son now. Loving MJ is all very well, but the bitch robbed him of something irreplaceable, and it seems to have just been overlooked by everyone!! Mark's beating of George is poorly explained - I don't see a sufficient motive - having controlled himself initially, all he needed to do was wait until all the suits had been settled; then he could have met the guy in an alley and worked him over.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the story - I just think you have sent the characters on paths of your own choosing, rather than having them develop on their own.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
NO

I don't like these kinds of stories. I can't stomach the stupidity and dishonesty of the wife. Till death do us part my ass.

bobby9909bobby9909over 11 years ago
@MrVdog

Did you read the same story we did? Mark volunteered for the vasectomy... BUT he DIDN'T GET IT. Remember, the doctor was so concerned for Miri's health he said a stray sperm could get past the vasectomy and make her pregnant, thereby killing her. So Miri had her tubes tied.

What she did was wrong. But I think I can understand it. I wish it didn't happen, and I wish she could have given Mark a child of his own blood. But I think I can almost understand why she went along with the blackmailing. I've seen things in my 60 years that would tend to support Miri's statement that she did it to keep her men from being hurt. And yes, it was to protect herself. But I think it was more about protecting them from the results of what was DONE to her. Don't forget... she was taken advantage of.

Bottom line.. good job SS06. Thank you again. I could only give it a 5 though.

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Good Story with a twist

Really well writen I thought she was dead.

sbart921sbart921over 11 years ago
Very Well Done - Again

I think cantbuymy summarized it best: she was raped and then blackmailed. Loved her strong character.Thanks for being such a great story teller SS06. And, for those of you that haven't figured it out yet, this is fiction and in the hands of a creative mind.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Reconcilation stories of SS06

I read 4 rest time reconcilation stories of SS06.

1. A wife whose was incest cheating with her relatives and she saved her betrayed husband's life from murder. The husband decides on reconcilation for her saving of his life.

2. A low sperm count husband married a single mom with a daughter, they adopte a second daughter. The wife wants to give some benefit a 3d child to pretend the 3d daughter was sired by the super stepfather husband, but her biological father is the father of the first daughter. The husband discovers the cheating the wife escapes from the divorce to a nun convent. The super stepfather brings up the 3 daughters alone. The wife arrives before starting the divorce for desertion and they arrive the reconcilation with a fantastic humorouse twist at the end (beggar scan).

3. The wife cheats and the husband kicks her to the curb. 5-6 years after the divorced exwife becomes a middle leader at a good Hotel and she becomes more wiser with the time. She kicks a cheating whore wife employee and she meets the exhusband. They do a succesful reconcilation.

4. This story.

Interesting 4 stories, which shows the Author's opinion to the readers which events he thinks it is possibility decent reconcilation with low harm for the balls of the husbands. We can agree or disagree with the Author, but it is good brain work to use our empaty to understand the aim of the Author.

My opinion the 3d story is the best it is a very humorous FABLE story about who is true father........................

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Interesting story; well written

I did like the twist at the end - that was quite clever. I usually don't like RACC but CBM is correct - she was raped and blackmailed. Obviously she should have told hubby up front but then there is no story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I have to take offense with the comment made by Dyslexicea

I find it funny that you would make the comment you did. There are 10,000 stories on the site alone where the author's fry 95% of the husbands for cheating. And yet here's a story where the wife cheats, has another man's child, continue to cheat(blackmailed or not). She kept cheating, then along comes Dyslexicea and brings up the death do you part. The thing I find funny is most people pick just the one part of their vows that make since to them but the vows are give as a whole, not parts. So they are meant as a whole. It's not just one or the other, it all of them. And as far as saving the marriage, where was the saving the marriage while she was fucking George. Be realistic, if it had been Mike and Miri found out he has gotten Cora pregnant. Miri and George would have gotten togother and scorched the earth Mike stood on.

Mike's blood line have effectively ended, yet everyone is happy for poor Miri. And it has nothing to do with how many men get fucked over in the courts, it a proven fact. Everyone feels sorry for the poor little wifey, they don't look at what the poor little wife did for her husband to kick her out or leave her. But be damn if the husband makes a "mistake", there is no forgiveness. I'm gonna take his ass to the cleaners and people cheer for her. But when it's the man, you'll read things like, "what did I do to drive you into cheating", maybe it was something I didn't do. Or my all time favorite, "what did you do? Miri isn't like that, she would never cheat on you....you must have did something". I'm one of SS06 biggest fans. But I jsut do see it, If I wrote a story right now where the husband cheated and got his wife to raise his lovers child. I would get 5000 comments on how this was so unrealistic, name one woman that would raise her husbands lovers child but yet the man is surpose to man up and do the right thing....it's BS.

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
I don't get the exchange on page one, then -

"I have a feeling that you're about to say the words again," I said. "You know, like you told me twenty years ago. You said, "We're gonna be parents."

"We're a little old for that," she said and kissed me. As she said it, she pushed her hips forward until half of my dick was inside of her. "Besides, bearing your son kind of messed up my insides so having another, as much as I'd love to give you another baby, would probably kill me."

Why, if she had actually HAD a tubal ligation or other sterilization twenty years before, wouldn't she say, "You know that isn't possible" - ?

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 11 years ago
Perhaps you need a re-think....

Sometimes, you beat up on yourself too much, SS06. Some of us out here (your fan club, so to speak) don't need the time travel or futuristic or historical tales. We rather like what you deliver, generally reliably with the occasional swing-and-miss exception. And we don't necessarily want you to launch into "bizarre".

This is a great story {ignoring some editing errors}, although the ending was a bit weird with the morgue scene. Just keep doing what you've been doing. Predictable? Perhaps. But reliable as entertainment? Definitely!

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago
Can't buy into it

While it was a story that held my attention (more from the details were withheld) I really didn't buy into the plot line or characters as much as I usually do in your stories. I cannot see her being so confrontational. Even if that is her normal nature and the way they normally interact in their relationship that relationship was toast and everything else is out the window. I don't think he would have been so eager to jump into the dating scene so quick and heavy. He had to have lost trust in people in general, not just Miriam. "...in her own way, she'd done it to protect me..." is another example of what I believe to be a false or unreal assumption.

To Dyslexicea and others with a forgive and forget attitude (love, honor and cherish even if their partner doesn't) would you be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed? Just "woman" up and get over it? I highly doubt it...

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 11 years ago
Interesting comments about urinals...

To contradict the anonymous comment about urinals in private homes being against building codes, they *are* allowed in private homes, at least in some jurisdictions in the US. I know, because I've been in a newly-built private home that had a urinal in the basement bathroom. The family had four teenage boys; Mom thought it a wise defensive measure against constant cleaning!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Always enjoy this author's stories even the opuses like this one

Liked the surprise near the end, it was in fact a very clever one for them to reunite.

I did believe that the so called affair with George twice a year for years was Miriam playing dead during the blackmail sex. I have once had sex with someone who said she was interested but acting completely different it was less satisfying then masturbation. The opportunistic nature of George and the subsequent blackmail of his best friend's wife is quite believable and I have know men like him over the years.

In the end George got very close to what he deserved and his ex wife Cora in my opinon ended up in a lifestype with too much money (remember she was assumed to be stupid) and a boytoy which is something that is needed by practically no one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Patchs

Stangstar06---You stories are getting to long and getting to be TOTAL BULLSHIT. You beat around the bush too much and don`t get to a point. We don`t care about your FUCKING MUSTANG--maybe you have a fetish about fucking a mustang up the tailpipe--HA, HA. I would love to see that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Gotta go with lookin4it....

She was wayyyyy out of line during their talk... I'd have walked out, and I'm usually pretty calm.

The hospital scene at the end was so far over the top my willingness to suspend disbelief wasn't just challenged, it completely fell apart.

But you DO have a way with stories, always, and I appreciate your work tremendously. This is just one of the very few that doesn't measure up :)

Thanks for all of your hard work, it IS appreciated....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Poor Zed0

Stangstaro6 I've been following your stories for some time, they're great this one like all the rest I give a 5+ if pos. and never mind that fool Zed0 he's not a true american because if he thanks that a BMW can hang with that 2012-2013 Pony, he truely nos nothing about power under the hood maybe you can write a storie just for his education. I see he is definitely not a fan of the pony. 400+hp twin supercharge engine dual exhaust pipes your chose. choose wisely. POORzed0. Cowboy.........

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Two quibbles

Q1 - George's lawyer would not take George's wife on as a client to divorce George. It is called 'conflict of interest!'

Q2 - what was this crap about Hubby's date setting him up for a skillet-cap and domicile-invasion theft? In addition to being highly unlikely, it is mostly unnecessary for the story progression. Ruptured appendix will get him into the hospital!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Pretty good...

I love your stories and as usual, this was a fun read. It wasn't one of your best but still good. I usually don't like the stories where he takes her back but seemed appropriate in this one. Also, fuck anyone who says your stories are too long. In my opinion, the are often too short to make them flow perfectly. The story about the summer fling affair was one of my favorites and it was pretty long. Keep em' coming.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
Stang, way too long

You needed much more plot to carry such a long story. I thought it would have been better if there had been some ambiguity in it. Suppose she had enjoyed George, hated him yes, but also liked the domination. Also her son should have stood by her, or been a counter measure to the father. Everybody being too black and white is boring.

On the other hand, you get great scores, so what do I know?

Chillley

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
so everyone gets sick and they get back together ?

and all is forgiven? REALLY?

dbdukedbdukeover 11 years ago
Love, Life & Reality

Nice job on a feel good story. Thanks for the break in my day. Will look forward to your next one.

hodunkhodunkover 11 years ago
You Win Again!

Another great SS06 story! I really liked it and am now waiting for the next one. hodunk

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"When I'm your father" is FIVE words

When I am your father.

The contraction counts as two words.

Plus numerous examples of incorrect word usage scattered throughout the story. Site instead of sight, too instead of two, and on, and on, and on.

pocketbookloverpocketbookloverover 11 years ago
liked it better when she died

Good story until the end. Liked it much better when she "died". After cheating on her husband for 20 years, she acts like nothing was ever her fault. Sorry, just don't buy that. Really hated her attitude when she slapped her son and husband in the hospital. Especially the husband who is laying in a hospital bed with a head injury and all she is worried about is how she feels. What a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good

Good twist at the end. For a minute I thought you had ruined a perfectly good story by having her die just when they were starting to reconcile. Not everyone wants unconditional burn the bitch endings. I like happy endings - whether its because the husband dumps the wife and finds someone better or a reconciliation and love stronger than ever. Either works as long as the author matches the ending up with what they wrote during the body which you did here. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what a waste of tme

She lied and cheated on him for 20 years and claims it wasn't my fault and I just did it to save you. What Bullshit!! She is a selfish (only did it to save her greedy ass) cheating cunt. She is arrogant and at one point actually tried to blame him for the start of her cheating. Of course He has to be a pussy wimp coward and not dump her ass. Then the Writer makes this stupid oh he get robbed by his evil girlfriend. More Bullshit to cover up the wimp status. What a fucking waste

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
How many flavors of Vanilla are there.......

Boy meets Girl.

Boy falls in love with Girl.

Boy marries Girl.

Boy buys Mustang.

Girl cheats.

Boy gets revenge and Girl suffers.

I just wrote a StangStar story and I didn't need 8 pages to do it.

Mix it up guy..you can do it.

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
not this time

First let me tell you that i really like your stories, i even read some of them like chrissie more then 10 times, but in this one, you didnt actually nail it, i am not talking about the reconciliation although you kicked cheating wives out for a lot less in your other stories, but the characters seemed so unreal to the point of being ...stupid. the wife at one point acts stupidly then suddenly she gets smart, the husband is acting so noble to the point of being weird, i dont know, i can almost sense that you were going against yourself while you were writing this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
chit

T

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
chit

T

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great job.

Your work is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your stories which are insightfull. How you come up with consistant good work is amazing.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
Comment...comment...comment

What is appropriate?

Hmm.

How about "fuck you, you fucking fuck."

Yes. That about nails it

So, you FINALLY develop a female character who isn't abysmally stupid and who ISN"T a moral degenerate, you work up the chops to make me CARE about her and then you put her in the MORGUE. (You have a history of killing inconvienient women when you can't write your way out of the story)

So...my initial reaction was to use such language to blister the paint in my hotel room...in BANGKOK. I am using my time IN BANGKOK reading a Stangstar story.

Yup...need a life.

Oh...back to the story. So after a few moments consideration, I thought of the only appropriate action for such a thing: i.e. to hire a bunch of Hell's Angels to hold you down while someone tattooed 'Dodge' on your Johnson.

THEN YOU BROUGHT HER BACK!

So now I want to tattoo "Kia", first for the added shame, and second because it might actually FIT!

Good job, I'm suckered. Here are your five stars.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Wow ... What a waste.

I'm sad to say that I didn't even bother to read the whole thing because I could see there was a reconciliation coming. I really didn't like this story, I didn't care for the characters (except Mark Jr). I thought the wife was dumb as nail & a gigantic slut, I thought the husband was a little too calm & wimpish, I thought the ex-bestfriend was a bit psychotic as well as delusional, I thought Cora has an I.Q of a grape. I don't know where to start; ill start with the braindead wife, she's been fucking the neighbor/bestfriend for 15 years, she's been married for 20 so she's only been faithful for 5 of those years, she put her self in a situation where a perverted predator could take advantage of her ( fucking her in her sleep) instead of her telling her husband what his supposed bestfriend did to her ; she keeps quiet for 5 years, let the husband continue thinking that his friendship with the scumbag was pure/genuine, the douche bag ex-bestie learns that he's the father of old slut Miriam's son, yet it still hadn't occurred to her to tell her husband everything... No that would just be way too easy; so, she agrees to give douche bag George ( I think that's his name) some of what her husband has been bragging about & she agrees to fuck him 2 a year for 15 fucking years--yet you have the balls to put the wimp & the idiotic slut back together & they live happily ever after, after 20 years of lies!!! Get real dude. No it doesn't matter that she was drunk ! If she couldn't handle her alcohol she should've put her cup down! Hell I could see reconciliation after this--because he raped her, but what I can't see any man doing is staying with a woman who has been cheating on him for 15 years -- there's absofuckinglutely no excuse for her twice a year fucking... If this wife could look her husband in the eyes & lie for 15 years why would any man trust her?! Everybody was acting like she's a victim but she really wasn't-- victims fight back they don't allow themselves to continue to be victims... She was afraid of losing her family but I feel she did it to protect herself not her family. Her son is angry because she hid this for so many years. Why was it easier for her to spread her legs for George than sitting her husband down & explain everything excluding him not being mark jr's dad?! The wife is a hot mess. The husband (mark) was just weird; she cheated on him for 15 years & he's not screaming & calling her names, in fact he's willing to reward her! The husband was irritating me, I'd be angry if I found out the person who said they loved me was fucking my next door neighbor for 15 years--not have a calm discussion with her. I thought the husband was a little too noble, not many husbands (atleast the ones with balls) would give half their pay check to a slut... You wimped out at the end. You should've left her dead. I'm not like most of these "reconcile at all cost" lunatics, I don't think you should take a person who has been cheating on you for 80% if your marriage. I think those types are pathetic & they're afraid to move on or they're stuck in the past . Not everything can be forgiven. I don't like how you have them back in love , trust fully restores & living happily ever after .... Not on your life dude. I gave it a one--sorry I hated the story... The reconciliation killed it, I gave you the one for the warning at the beginning of the story--but I atleast thought I'd like the characters I didn't care for the weak spineless husband, I didn't care for moronic wife & I certainly didn't care for the psychotic ex-bestfriend George. The wife had a choice to either tell George to go fuck him self or spread her legs she chosed to spread her legs --at this point she's no longer a victim--than she had the gall to blame mark because he was talking about the intimate things they did in bed!! So ducking what?! I've gotten drunk I've never fuck'd some guy--my friends & I sit & talk about our sex lives--neither one if this used that as an excuse to fuck each others spouse/partner... This story was moronic & I'm getting a headache

oldwayneoldwayneover 11 years ago
Either Sandy Koufax or Lefty Grove was the greatest pitcher who ever lived...

but neither could pitch a "No Hitter" everyday. I could only give this one two stars, because it definitely needed a relief pitcher.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The best!

The best you have written yet. I usually go for the nuke em till they glow option biut this is a well written story. Awesome job!

xtremeddxtremeddover 11 years ago
comments here are very entertaining... Stangster stories seems to bring them out

She did piss on his life but they had nothing without each other and...

some people understand it, some do not This IS fiction. Good stories that I appreciate so Thanks for sharing on Lit, Stangster.

x

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
Win some, lose some . . . .

Story was repetitive at times and could have been shorter. Writing/spelling errors were a bit distracting but not too bad. Concerning the plot, I question the credibility of Mark taking Miri back under the circumstances. She deceived him for 20 years and then deceived him again by pretending to be dead! Men don't like being manipulated like that.

Concerning realism, the author should talk to a gastroenterologist or surgeon -- the medical stuff in regard to Miriam's bowel problem was inaccurate. Also, the plot device where hubby gets brained by the girl he was dating, drugged by her friends, and hospitalized near death so the whore can redeem herself by sitting by his helpless side . . . .

Well, this was a not-very-original, loose end. There should have been resolution. It would have been better if she and her cronies had been caught and punished. And despite her devotion, were I Mark, once out of coma I would have asked Miri to leave. Despite these issues, I enjoyed the read. Three stars.

duncmiesterduncmiesterover 11 years ago
Spank Daddy

Proof positive that what SHE did was right. SHE never cheated! SHE was blackmailed into continuing to have sex not making luv. If She had told mark after the first time, he would have left her then. Which way would you have taken the tale then? You continue to spin the same old story and come out with totally different endings.Your stories are my test for my low testosterone level depending on how bad I cry like a little girl.Thank you again for the emotionally wonderful stories.

LBuddGLBuddGover 11 years ago
It's 6:20am, I haven't yet been to sleep---THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

So, OK...I gave this one a five since there's no 4.2 or 4.5's. I DID like it quite a bit....BUT...as I mentioned it's pushing 6:30am and my semi-functioning brain may have missed something. I only read a few of the latest comments, and in those I haven't found any that mentioned something that was 'eating' at me about Mark. Unless I missed something, at least in my opinion, the woman who he'd willingly give his life for was, to all intents and purposes, RAPED! (BTW: do I use too many commas?) She was afraid to tell him about it, which is often considered pretty normal in those circumstances...sometimes it's even from unfounded embarrassment, and let us NOT forget, he might also have doubts about the rape possibility since the rapist is his close, trusted friend. She got pregnant and assumed/KNEW it was MARK's kid (call it hope, wishing, denial of the unlikely, but she KNEW it was Mark's kid!) She found out otherwise 5 years later and by then she KNEW she would be unable to produce another on top of being unsure how he would handle it (a doubt which proved to be well founded as it worked out.) If I'm right, it is SHE who might be considered the wronged party here (if not at least shared). Yes...he was hurt and given his 1st marriage doubts, but had he known she was raped, or at least she'd been taken advantage of against her will, and she turned up preggers, would they have aborted....especially as the kid was far more likely his anyway. After that, it was obviously a case of blackmail by a slime-ball rapist against his wife (which, granted, wouldn't have been possible if he knew about the rape). This would definitely be a case of two hurt and confused people who would be prime for counseling...and 'getting past' it. SO, unless I fell asleep somewhere in there and missed something, please "Say it ain't so, JOE-STANG!"

I better get to sleep since I expect to be awakened by a cold/wet Labradorian nose in the next hour and a half or so.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Yet another five star effort...

For the writing! And the creative work. She was a liar and had intercourse with the neighbor, but she only loved him and as the beast complained really even took no active part in the intercourse.

What amazes me is to find myself rooting for a gal who I personally would never trust.. Proves that SS is a good writer...

MinigalesMinigalesover 11 years ago
The Women in the Story Are Morons

I almost quit reading when I found out Cora was a moron, but when I read the circumstances of Miriam's cheating and her anger, I actually lost it.

Those women are supposed to be adults. If there are really women this stupid, they are so rare you should not write about them because it sounds like science fiction or even worse.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
LBuddG, duncmiester and a few others

the drunken assault was "rape", I will agree with that. But why would any married female get drunk with out her husband some where around. There are cases were you could be out with your girls you get toasted but your with your girls parting. She was drunk around George and Cora, even George thinks Cora is an idiot. Also I've made this agruement before. Miri must not have felt like she was raped because she didn't say anything. You get raped and you let your husband look at the rapist as his best friend. Mirin either had no trust in Mike or she didn't look at what happen as anything more than drunken sex.

Also she found out when Mike Jr. was 5, the marriage should have ended right there. Or atleast she should have told Mike the truth. She wasn't blackmailed, first, why would you tale George and not Mike. "Oh", I know you wanted the father to know the truth. I agree with Danger09. Miri could have save herself, Mike and Mike Jr all alot of heart break if she would've open her mouth in the first. One simple little sentence.

Mike, I called the police because George assault me while I slept.

I guess men are heartless clods, what did she think Mike was going to say; "Miri get your raped ass out of my house". I can honestly say I've never heard that anywhere.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Dog

I usually agree with dog but part on this one issue. She was in her own house and another woman was present with her husband. Not many women would expect that her husband's best friend, with his own wife present, would rape her. It is not uncommon that victims of rape never report it, even if the rapist is a member of their own family. Five years later was too late to report it and the blackmail followed.

Never punish the victim if they are a true victim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
5 star

Good tale of an alcohol fueled mistake, nonconsensual sex/ rape and blackmail to torment Miri. I enjoyed the plausability of the story, whereas other authors clearly make no attempt.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago

As some commenters noted Miriam was essentially raped and impregnated by the psychotic and delusional George (eat this Todd Akin!) and then forced by him through blackmail to continue to “serve” him on a regular basis when he found out that he’d impregnated her. Still, she was very foolish to reveal the paternity to George – even in anger – because by doing that she gave him the opportunity to create his blackmail scheme. She thus got herself into a classic catch-22 out of which she saw no way out but to undergo a recurring rape sequence twice a year…

As to the – to paraphrase the delusional Todd Akin again - “legitimate rape”, she probably got into that situation because she trusted both her neighbours. That’s when you let your guard down and can be taken advantage of the easiest. And with Cora incapacitated already, George saw his opportunity to take advantage of and abuse the neighbour he lusted after. And that’s when she made her crucial mistake: knowing what had happened she should have acted then and filed complaint (and every husband would have supported her under those conditions) or at the least have gone for a morning after pill… but she didn’t think of that and thus took the first step on the long toad to perdition…

As to the long term effects of the main character getting to know the facts… if I were him, even knowing these facts, I would have gone for a divorce… a single mistake might be forgiven but when your paternity of your son is undermined or disproven, even if it’s through rape, you’re a better man than me if you can live with those facts... my trust, honour and self-esteem would have been hurt too much for me to accept to keep living together under those circumstances.

nwhalernwhalerover 11 years ago
Average story - contrived ending

She could have told him about the rape/seduction/mistake - didn't

She could have told him about the DNA test - didn't

She could have told him about the blackmail - didn't

He was really in a no win situation because this is a guy who doesn't let someone touch his car and his wife's pussy was rented out annually. He will eventually get the "cooties" issue about it again and could have avoided that by a clean break now but - he too didn't!

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Without Author's dramaturgy is not any conflict

J_Storm has not published the next chapter on SOL I had to came here. Author dramaturgy is an important instrument in a story. Thecelt excellent reconcilation story in the "Special Day", the wife did a mistake to show the family fotoes and videos to the sperm donor in the hotel/motel room. If she showed them in an public place (restaurant, bar, coffee, etc.) the PI could give report about a proper behavioral wife and NO STORY AT ALL!!!!!!

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
There is not automatic forgiving scedules at SS06

@ Dear Dyslexicea You were wrong, because the wife fought deadly hard for her husband and her marriage. The husband had some feeling on her ONLY. This changed when he met the dangerouse criminal lady and the Second Chance Woman became the angel of the death. This date with hospital traumatology ward changed the heart of the husband (and the wife's dangerouse cancer). SS06's reconcilation's stories are not simple RAAC stories, SS06 gives strong explanation why his husband characters forgive to the wives. I think a fable story writer like SS06 is want to show us readers WHEN THE RECONCILATION MAY BE WITH UNTOUCHABLE BALLS!!!!!!!

BTW I listed the read 4 SS06's reconcilation stories by me and I did a mistake because I prefer better the 2nd story from my list the "Forever Gone, Forever You".............

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Fable story Author's dramaturgy

I know Harry will injure me. When I has written a idea about a story my mind gets the second idea, so unfortunately I have to write again. In the story SS06 (a fable story writer...a fable story writer) wrote the husband was EXTREM FAIR TO MIRI (look out fable story Author trick), he gave half assets to her and he promised her when he gets back to work he gave her alimoney from his salary. What an extrem fair husband. HOWEVER SS06 WANTED US MIRI IS NOT A GOLD DIGGER CHEATING BITCH WHORE SKANK WIFE, WHO FIGHTS FOR HER HUSBAND FOR HIS MONEY ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many readers detected the extrem fair husband character, but SS06 with this extrem fairness wanted to show me Miri likes her husband dearly for himself.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Important apology

I am sorry, but important to fix my gramaticaly wrong sentence: Many readers detected the extrem fair husband character, but SS06 with this extrem fairness wanted to show US Miri likes her husband dearly for himself and not for his MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
true CBM but you cant find a case

where the stay close and are around each other alot. Women after a rape are withdrawn and find reasons not to be around their attacker. Young kids act out, older kids find reasons not to be around that uncle/aunt or family friend. Even in date rape, after the fact even if they don't report it, they change, they don't want to be around the attacker much less be best friends with the attackers wife or let the attacker be your husbands best friend. If your the victim you certainly don't bow down to blackmail when he "raped" you. I stole your car but i'm gonna report you for leaving your keys in it.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
unfortunately dog

it is unfortunate that family members do stay around each other after a rape if they are afraid. and even close friends too. the term "uncle pervy" was invented for that situation. the fact that traditionally women hide it because they are blamed for it is the problem with a failure to report. boys in the catholic church would continue to alter boys after butt rape - and that was unfortunate too. fear keeps them from letting people know they are victims and tht fear will show up to others if you refuse to be around someone.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
your right on that Prevy "Uncle"

But how often do you hear about my husband's best friend is "a nice rapist" or my best friend's husband is "a rapist" but he's a okay guy? Even with the Prevy Uncle, how often to the victim WANT to go over to that persons house. Kids/teen are forced over to that persons house. But in this case the "victim" for years have had BBQs with her "rapist". She hangs out with or he hangs out at her house with her husband. Even the day that George let out their secret, George was at Mike and Miri's home. So for me the label of "victim" is over used in Miri's case.

LechemanLechemanover 11 years ago
Brilliant As Always

Always love your stories. Always with that little twist at the end. Brilliant!

hoosier76hoosier76over 11 years ago

As 1 of my favorite authors, I really enjoyed this 1. Not quite sure about where you're going in 2013 though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Should have killed George and Miriam in the as soon as he found out what happend. Yeah right Miriam continued fucking George to protect the ones she loved, not. She continued fucking Gowerge because she wanted to and liked geting strange cock and cum in her, yet she is too selfish to let Mark have another woman . What a skanky bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Looking forward to seeing you in Sci-Fi.

You've got a great imagination and it'll be good to see you operating outside of the usual molds you've set yourself into. Your stories are decent and entertaining, but they tend to be formulaic, though you've been working your way away from that with those "Dark" stories you wrote, as well as the attempts at reconciliation.

I'll point out that for a reconciliation to work and be appealing, there has to be an element of balance. Nobody wants to see a Saint Jesus type of guy getting back together with a cheating bitch, he deserves better. That's a rut you've written yourself into - the wife can never give an answer to "Why did you cheat" because there's no rational or reasonable cause for cheating on a guy who does no wrong. Getting some strange, looking for excitement, all of those things sound pretty stupid when the price is giving up the messianic husband. Who wants to reconcile with a woman that stupid? Why does she deserve it?

It comes back to the balance. To make reconciliation work, there needs to be an explanation for the wife's cheating that is reasonable and makes sense. Jealousy, rage, revenge, abandonment. These things make sense and work, but they require the husband to be a flawed human being like the wife. Perhaps he's a gambling addict and lost the family home. Perhaps he spends all his time flirting and pays no attention to his wife. Maybe he's a drunk. Could be that he treats his overweight wife like crap. Maybe he just loves his hot wife for the sex and treats her like an object, never giving a damn about her satisfaction. These are situations that make for a balance and with resolution, justify reconciliation or at least an attempt at it, because those wedding vows include a whole hell of a lot more than just sex, and cheating goes way beyond where you stick your parts.

You've scratched at that in this story with the woman being blackmailed into ongoing sex after being raped and impregnated, though the attempt was problematic in that George got off awfully light when you consider that his actions were insanely criminal, and she apparently didn't trust her husband's love enough to tell him what George did to her. There's got to be a reason for that, and one that the husband would acknowledge as his own fault, or it just looks shady on her part.

Giving you a five on this, because it is well done even if the execution isn't quite spot on. You're doing new things, and that's awesome. I like the BTB stories myself, but changing things up and getting outside your box offers us the chance to see new things from you.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A very good story

Nicely done with sadness and erotic sex mixed into a story with a happy ending

Thanks for the read.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
What will be SS06's future?

SS06 wrote some stories in the Romance hub, but I think the Sci Fi & Fantasy hub would be near to his style too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"The Case of the Brain-Dead Readers"

That's what the majority of this story's comment-section would be titled, if it'd been written by Erle Stanley Gardner. (He created "Perry Mason", for those of you who didn't know...) I find it truly astonishing that so many people can read this story and yet miss the salient points.

Point # 1. I's possible that - if Mark, Sr., hadn't spent so much time bragging to George about how fantastic Miri was, in bed - George would never have thought of making a pass at her.

Point # 2. Miri was raped. It was non-consensual. It's not like she seduced George. Hubby was gone, and she invited the neighbor couple - with whom she and Mark had been friends for years - over to keep her company. Since George was Mark's best-buddy, she had no idea that he'd try to make a move on her, especially with his own wife present in the room. She expected - as most of us guys do - that a "best buddy" would actually step in and defend her against peril if Hubby wasn't present to do so - not that he'd take advantage of her drunkenness and his own wife's being passed out, to force his attentions upon her.

Point # 3. Miri's fear of losing Mark - if she tells him the terrible secret - is totally understandable. Since there were no witnesses, George could just as easily spin a tale of how Miri "came on" to him, while he was drunk. Since Mark and George were "best buddies", which story would Mark believe, absent any evidence? Her fear of losing Mark in the ensuing years is sufficient reason for her submitting to the hideous blackmail sex. Obviously, George was being totally sadistic in his demand that she bed him on Mark Junior's birthday - an absolutely indignant humiliation of her on his part and, to him, a "proof" of his "power" over her.

Point # 4. Mark's role in all of this SHOULD have been to love his wife, and to believe her when she finally confessed the whole humiliating and tragic situation to him. I'm not saying that forgiveness should have been immediate, but it should have eventually been extended to her, as she was placed in a really helpless position. At the very least, a competent marriage counselor could have helped the both of them through the problem, but Mark acted in haste and made the decision to divorce her.

Point # 5. This point deals with both Debra (the skank whore) and her actions, and with Miri's faked death.

First, "Debra" was a necessary story device. There had to be something that, at some point, reveals to Mark that what he had with Miri was something that was really irreplaceable - something that he's not going to find with any other woman. We see in the story that - while they were separated - Mark dated several women on a casual basis, eventually pursuing Debra further because he viewed her to be worth striving for. In the resultant incident, he learned the important lesson that one cannot judge a book by its cover. He had come to view Miri as less than the desired mate, and Debra as a suitable potential replacement. Since his latter judgement (of Debra) was proved to be dreadfully mistaken, this requires him to re-evaluate other decisions - like his decision to leave Miri because she hadn't trusted his love to allow him to believe that she was raped by George.

Although he did re-evaluate his decision, there was still the residual anger that he'd crafted to cover the hurt of broken love and promises. He'd grown attached to the "hate", and was reluctant to let it go - lest he be hurt again. Still, he was of mixed thoughts in the matter, confused and still trying to reach a final decision in regard to Miri. It took her faked "death" to force him to confront the choice in a "final" way. Confronted with what he believed to be her corpse, he now reaches an understanding that one can wait TOO LONG to make a decision, and time and fate can steal the moment from a person - beyond reclaiming.

In that moment, he finally realized that he'd been wrong all along, and now it was too late to apologize - too late to extend his forgiveness to her and to ask hers in return. It's a confrontation that - given the attitudes he'd grown accustomed to harboring in order to deal with his own broken heart - was absolutely necessary in order for his personal story to reach any sort of "happy" ending. Fortunately, for his sake, the "death" was faked, and he actually GETS a second chance. That seldom happens, in real life - but this is a work of fiction, and so happy endings are allowed, even encouraged, to happen.

All in all, I think that this is one of the BEST stories that StangStar has ever submitted for our enjoyment. It's certainly one of the best-crafted, from the viewpoint of what creative writing instructors try and get through to their students about how to construct a truly great tale. It's certainly worth more stars than the Lit editors allow us to bestow.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
What Ciguardian said

more or less. As an asside, Cora, while on the surface the dumbest of all of the women in SS06's universe (and that's a high bar to clear), was actually a pretty sharp cookie: she had self-awareness, was decisive, was empathetic, and saw the situation far clearer than any of the other characters did, and much sooner. There's a nice irony there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Waste of paper

Mostly you write decent stories.

This one you fucked all the way. Waste of time to list why.....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

I actually pumped my fist in the air and let out a yelp at the very end! Man, I love you. Not in any kind of sexual way, of course. You just keep getting better and better with each story. You had me angry for a few minutes there until I read the epilogue. Another happy ending to the day. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
NOT FOR ME

Sorry not one of your best

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 11 years ago
The biggest problem with this story is...

how stupid Miriam would have to be in order to support this plot. She claims to let George have her for 15 years twice a year to protect her men. She is also this soulmate who know Mark like a book. What a crock! One,the first time sex with George seems like rape since she was not seduced into fucking him. Second, fucking George on his birthday and her son's birthday and never getting caught or raise suspicions does not seem credible. Imagine during Mark Jr.'s 10th birthday party she leaves so she can fuck George. Of course, they can run off for 1/2 hour and no one even Mark Jr. will wonder what is going on. Yeah right! Lastly, George and Cora were too close to Miriam's family to think that she would not get busted. I did think that George's confession should have been prompted by more than having a beer. Anyway, for this plot to work Miriam would have to be as dumb as Cora was supposely to think that she was doing her men any good by keeping the secret and fucking George. The stunt at the end was silly - Miriam destroyed her marriage by lying so she lies about being dead.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous