All Comments on 'Yamara'

by Phineas

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
It's me again!

Hello again!

As soon as I finished reading Tender Mercies (reading it as a prequel because I read the Chaos Blade first!), I latched onto Yamara. Once again, it was truly fascinating to read and learn more about a character who's second life story I know about through the Chaos Blade. Your writing is legendary and is the material that needs to be created over and over again!

I would love to read about the adventures of Evart, the younger Kelnozz, a possible rejoining of Yamara and Evart, a continuation of the war of the gods post Chaos Blade, ANYTHING!!

I thirst for more :-)

And I wish you well,

- Storm

texstertexsterabout 3 years ago
Excellent story, in need of an editor

You are an amazing storyteller, and your stories deserve an editor who can catch the kinds of mistakes that word processing programs will not (waist/waste, to/too, your/you’re, to mention a few). Still, difficult to put down, moving immediately on to the Chaos Blade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needs editing.

Introduce the word "than" as well; seems to be totally absent from the author's vocabulary.

Wildwood55Wildwood55almost 3 years ago

Overall, a well done second book of a trilogy. I can't think of one of the dozens of trilogies I've read that was ourstanding, or great. There's just something about being that middle child which restrains it from outshining the first, or making one think, 'Another book, meh, who cares?' lol

It was a good story, well told; you even managed to turn a complete sociopath into a sympathetic character. She was flawed through no fault of her own, and even with magic, there would have been no true redemption for her. But, the bad guy said, (sorta), you had to admire her guts, and fearlessness.

One thing I would beg of you, for the sake of your development as a wordsmith, learn the pneumonic Rule of 'o', I was taught decades ago. So long ago, I've made it mine, in a way, and never seem to tell it the same way twice.

"When the sentence's subject is preforming the action of the verb, and there is a direction to that verb, be it physical, or metaphoric, the character goes TO do what the verb directs. When a character or situation, action or emotion is excessive, for good or bad, or an addition situation, action or emotion, remember to honor the excessiveness or addition with a single, symbolic 'o'."

Editorial addition to the Rule of 'o', which is my way of making the rule mine, too.

It's the only character with no extraneous marks, and just like joining the ends of the continuous mark makes the 'o' what it is, honoring your work with inclusion of the humble little 'o' will honor your work, and improve the primary purpose of the written word: communication.

In closing, you can no more go too the store, than you cannot forget something, to.

Have I sufficiently beat this horse enough, or need I continue? (It's a metaphoric horse, so no real equines were damaged in my attempt to get you to think about when the appropriateness of 'to' vs 'too', in written English.)

I CAN go on, don't worry about exhaustion due to my advancing years. I DO have a plentitude of arm strength left to put towards the endeavor, and as a VAST reservoir of motivation, too. A vast reservoir, built with all of the 'o's you have NOT used. (Being the perfect character to dramatically change the meaning, and demonstrate the versatility of the most common two letter word, they are also the perfect geometric shape for stacking and building, too.

They can sturdily erect a perimeter to the height necessary for YOUR personal reservoir, and easily make the circumferance adequately enormous, too.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good story but the author and editor need to study the difference between "to" and "too" and the correct usage of them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPhineas@Phineas
747 Followers
I've been away for about a year and a half, but I've been very busy writing on my Patreon site (https://www.patreon.com/booksbyjason). I came back to shamelessly self-promote and toss a few more stories on here to try and win some people over. Currently I'm posting some more ...