All Comments on 'Your New Life Ch. 01'

by OnlyLooksInnocent

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This is a good start.

A very fast-moving introduction to what could well turn out to be a fine story. One can only imagine the indignities and cruelties to be added to Kathy's list - I hope you will take your time in describing them for us in your subsequent chapters!

5 stars and thanks, OnlyLooksInnocent - and what a wonderful nom de plume, by the way!

verbicideverbicideover 12 years ago
An old saw

Not to say that the story won't improve as it goes on, but the set up moves a little fast, more telling is it seems to be the old "I'm a horrible person, but to justify it, I'll demonize the subject of my inhumanity" type tale. Yes, divorces can be ugly, but the lead character/writer avatar by her actions has no moral high ground on the "evil ex-wife".

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Oh. My.

The story might be interesting if not for the bad grammar! You need an editor.

tootalldaytootalldayover 12 years ago
Just one example

"So, your first task, is to take off my shoes and give them a good rub. They ache badly." This is a direct quote from near the beginning of your story. My question to you is, "How does she know her shoes ache? If you meant her feet, why didn't you say so? Just one example why you need an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

i am male but would love to be in kathys place. LUCKY LUCKY lady :-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous