All Comments on 'Yvonne Pt. 05'

by istanbulnoir

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great writing!

Beautiful, sensitive, sensual writing! Absolutely lovely. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

a very well written series ... many thanks for sharing these to us

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My Yvonne and I were unable to avoid falling in love. By frankly admitting it to each other, while also recognizing the impossibility of our circumstances, we managed to avoid making a mess of our lives. Decades later, she still inhabits a corner of my soul. Maybe one day, I’ll share this tale here.

woodseaveswoodseavesabout 2 years ago

A fabulous story series which I wish was continued. The writer lays bare the hazards of a serious extra-martial affair, and demonstrates remarkable appreciation of the risky dynamics.

An affair such as the one between Stephen and Yvonne needs a safe space delineted by both physical barriers (or at least spatial) barriers to prevent instrusions from the outside world, and virtual barriers to protect the characters' relationship with each others and with themselves. From the beginning Yvonne's character understood and honoured these personal barriers very well, and insisted Stephen also honour them.

In the end, both players rejcted them by succumbing to their love each other, and declaring their love. Was that why the story ended?

This brings to mind the personal experience which I drew upon in my story "Edward and Renate".

Coolerking67Coolerking676 months ago

I have never posted feedback before on this site. But I have read hundreds of stories over several years.

When one is older and particularly when you are male, living on your own and beyond sexual activity, it fulfils an emotional need in me.

THIS story has hit me full square, I will admit to tears in my eyes as I read the last paragraphs!

It chimes with me so much and what I have experienced. My own 'moments' over the years with ladies, appear suddenly out of my memory bank and fills me with emotions. Mainly regret that they are passed, but also total gratitude that they happened in my life.

The 'rudeness' mentioned. certainly amplifies for me the uniqueness of said 'moments' and hits me like a spear through time!

Your story, which covers a long passage of time too, brings home, that one must cherish the mutual pleasure at the time and try to resurrect those feelings later, to endorse them. The highest emotions can be generated through sex. As I age, I long to recapture those extraordinary peaks, even it it is merely a brief re-taste of the bliss of it.

In my case, my sexual history defines me and in my very private thoughts, They remind me that I have not wasted or frittered the gift of life, certainly ones sexual life.

When I have revisited, years later, some of my evocative 'places', as the characters did in the last chapter, it brought home to me how extraordinary it all was.

Inside I weep and long to be back there, with a young body and incandescent desire.

So I thank you for the wonderful feelings that your excellent story has helped to recapture for me!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useristanbulnoir@istanbulnoir
Eroticism, it may be said, is assenting to life up to the point of death. Georges Bataille. I like to write about the unusual in the usual and the strange in the ordinary. Those are the places where the truth of the erotic is to be found. I write from experience, fantasy a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Yvonne Pt. 04 Previous Part
Yvonne Series Info