All Comments on 'An English House Party Ch. 01'

by AMY_Monaco

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
more, more, more!!!

I can't wait to read more...what you have here looks promising!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
great start...

Interesting story. However, I'm concerned with one technicality: their ages. You said that the guy is 32, so the girl must be 30. During those days (at least in most historical romances), women married early, mostly shortly after their debut at 18. It was rare for women of the nobility to be single at 30, unless they were widowed. At 30, unmarried women were considered as spinsters already. So if they were betrothed as children, then why were they not married earlier? I think it would have been more 'believable' if the age gap was bigger (he was waiting for her to grow up, or something). Anyway, good luck and keep writing!

AMY_MonacoAMY_Monacoover 16 years agoAuthor
Response to the age gap

Oh my god! I can't believe I didn't catch that - my deep apologies! Yes, you're correct in your comments and I should have caught it in this story, for I've written these scenarios dozens of times...thank you so much for catching this, I will definitely be correcting it in my future submissions. Thanks for reading and your insight!

starry_nightstarry_nightover 16 years ago
Good start

I was wondering about Jason's age too. Maybe you meant him to be 22 and Penny to be 20 because ten years have passed and she was ten at the time? Well, I already like Penny's calm and straightforward nature. Could she be more interested in Julian than Jason? Can't wait to see who she likes more. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
whoa

nice story! keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
keep it up

good work thus far, I'll be reading the rest! My biggest complain was the age thing, but I see I've been beaten to the punch.

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 16 years ago
Nice

Very nice beginning. When I have more time I want to read all your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

When does this take place? Speech isn't correct for Regency England - is it meant to be modern?

lisablissfullisablissfulover 4 years ago
An Opening Full of Promise.

Nice short opening to what promises to be a set of stories full of debauchery, hopefully I wont be disappointed with the outcome.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous