All Comments on 'Waiting All Along'

by moytalkstou

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
mdalexandermdalexanderalmost 14 years ago
Amazing

Please don't end it just here. You have the beginnings of a beautiful novel. It's absolutely fantastic.

mekakymekakyalmost 14 years ago
More

Great start, can't wait to read more!

lovely1974lovely1974almost 14 years ago
Great start!

Excellent start. Please continue....

grunabonagrunabonaalmost 14 years ago
*****

A five star beginning.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 14 years ago
Just a couple of comments, but nothing nasty

A couple of things might help you a as a new writer (or on this site) that I've found helped me.

I won't go into spelling or grammar because I suck at both and am the last person to give that advice to anyone.

- Try to keep the paragraphs to around 5-6 lines. It makes for easier reading of your story.

- Use sections breaks. Something like +++++ or ####### or even *******. It marks scene changes and different story paths.

Right now I'm assuming (and I know what that does) the first four lines and then the following paragraphs are a different scene that changes into a flashback into their past. But I'm just guessing because on my screen you have those 4 lines and then a 15 lined paragraph that flows into another 12 lined one that starts into something about a birthday party.

I'm not quite sure where it all went or what is going on when you do that. Is it her flashback, his flashback, or is it something the reader should know in the third person? Why is the reader seeing the first flashback anyway? And who are the people in the 2 full paragraph?

I'm not slamming you, but pointing that a few changes could make the story flow better and make a huge difference in readability.

-Risq

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
good start... dont forget though

you are off to a great start BUT dont forget what you have done here. You have told a basic story of a asshole husband who for some r eason beleived someone in his family and tossed his wife out without any evidence at all.

none... according to the story.

This is like thos edumb fuck LW stories where the supposed loving wife decides for some mreason that is never explained decides to believe the stOries and rumors told by the huSband worst enemy... so the wife just HAS to fuck the entire washington redskins footdall TEAM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I agree

I agree with the comments by Risq. Follow his ideas and I believe you have a really great story here. Looking forward to the next chapter(s)

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Comments by Harry even more....

...important than Risq's. If you write yourself (quickly) out of the initial inanity you may have something. Some of what Risq wrote I agree with but I strongly disagree about paragraph structure/length, unless I missed his (possible) intent to imply that readers here can't handle diverse writing "styles". I mean, was it Kerouac's fault or mine that I get a headache reading 'train of thought' writing? Some people can't handle Toni Morrison's prose style. Grammar's one thing, but write what flows to you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Question Harry- risq?

Actually 2 questions. 1. you do know that this is not an LW story? 2. Why do you assume that they were married, and that there was no -evidence- albeit false. On a new point I think Pete is correct about writing style. We are all adults and should be able to infer things without everything being spelled out for us. A good start I thought. -- UK CYNIC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good start

i think i know a person just like Paul. his successful but quite insecure.

lancewmlancewmalmost 14 years ago
It is a good start

But listen to the constructive comments from Harry, Risq, etc. It was impossible to understand the transition from the opening with Paul thinking about the past to the birthday party for Josh. What was that all about?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hey! popgunpete-get your head out a Harry's ass

you cocksucking fuckin creep.

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyalmost 14 years ago
nice!!!

Very nice, I for one can't wait to see where this story goes.

peethreepeethreealmost 14 years ago
Like,,,

I like your story so far. You do have to ignore some of these anonymous idiots on this site.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 14 years ago
Like the Story

Hope you are planning to Follow - up on this Story.

larea412larea412almost 14 years ago
I enjoyed that:)

I can't wait to see where this goes. Keep them coming fast.

LilMami07LilMami07almost 14 years ago

great read. keep up the good work and ignore the shitheads :) **lilmami07**

prugirlprugirlalmost 14 years ago
Nice start!

I can't wait to see where this story leads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
OK so far

A line from near the end of the chapter:

"He glanced around and realized that he wasn't the only male in the vicinity appreciative of the view and that stirred up a bout of anger."

My comment is why would this man who told his lover to get lost and has not seen her for ten years get angry because some other men admired her ass. Talk about an unrealistic butthead, I think it is already clear why he has been missing in her life.

THELOVELY1GLOTHELOVELY1GLOabout 13 years ago
Okay

I am looking forward to the outcome of this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous