All Comments on 'Casey's Valentine'

by Rushette

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Great story, loved it! Good mix of love & humor! Look forward to reading more.

apollonaapollonaover 13 years ago
Awww! LOL

That was brilliant. As warned, a bit corny, but very enjoyable.

Thank you author.

PennLadyPennLadyover 13 years ago
Very sweet

Nice job! I love a sweet romance and a happy ending. One hockey note -- in the regular season, there is only one overtime period, followed by a shoot out. Other than that, no problems. :) Well done and best of luck on future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
That was a fun read!!

enjoyed it - keep up the good work!

Sdaw1Sdaw1over 13 years ago
Bravo

Well done! This is a fabulous story, can't wait to read more that you've written so please dont keep us wait long for the next one;)

FruitKateFruitKateover 13 years ago

more please.... great stuff!

MugsyBMugsyBover 13 years ago
Very good first attempt.

This was a nice, fun, romantic story. Very good for your first submission. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Good luck with the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW

FANTASTIC! I don't even know if i can say anything else! Don't wait so long to write more. I wish I could find good reads like this on a daily basis, one of my all time favorites. Going to bookmark it on my computer and read it over and over again and hope you write more!

5 stars and beyond

tarnished_knighttarnished_knightover 13 years ago
Outstanding

first attempt. Actually it's outstanding no matter how many stories you've posted! You're very good... keep writing.

St0rMiESt0rMiEover 13 years ago
Awww... Now THAT was sweet!

Good story, hun! I really enjoyed it!

Keep up the writing... You seem to have an excellent knack for it!

:0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Awesome!

You made and old man weep. Don't stop! Looks like an opportunity for a profession to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You know there is another writer here

who writes very fine romance stories with hockey characters. But to find another such writer and on their first submission is just so stupendous, wonderful, etc is a treat that reminds me of the chocolate conventionally given or received on V-day.

Your dialog was superb.

Its selfish of me to ask you to continue writing but consider it the ultimate complement to a writer...I want to continue reading you. And I urge you to stay in the romance genre as it allows the character development you did so well.

iamsuziamsuzover 13 years ago
Loved it!

I really enjoy MugsyB's ice hockey stories and I thought this was fantastic as well. You've done a great job, I hope you write more stories like this :)

donaldedonaldeover 13 years ago
very nice

was a very nice and well written story. Thank you for posting the story and good luck with the contest

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I hope you write more...

I loved this story and cannot wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
more hockey !

Although I'm a Canucks fan, I have to say...fucking awsome story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
:-)

Very, very nice story. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
amazing

I hope you win. It was a brilliant story, I hope to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story

That was a really sweet,funny,and romantic story. It had me smiling the whole time I read it. And also I am from Denver and I have to say, GO AVS!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I agree with everyone else.

It was a great story, with likable characters and great inter-action between them. I really liked the dialog between them. I would definitely read any further stories you cared to post.

marklionmarklionover 13 years ago
Great Story!!!!!

You wrote a great hockey story that compares to pennlady's

stories and Mugsy B stories as far as dialog and character development. I am not much of it Avs Fan because of living in Detroit and being a die hard Red Wings fan but I love the love story between Casey and Jason. Keep up the good work and I hope you win.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 13 years ago
Aw! I love it!

Another hockey person to join Pennlady and MugsyB! So glad to have you. This was fantastic. As the other hockey ladies know, I don't know jack about hockey. Don't watch it, don't play it, don't know the players... but I love me some romantic hockey stories. You nailed it!

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
well written

i loved it, and hope to see more in the vein( not hockey necessarily but sports)

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Excellent Work

You could not help rooting for them from the word go...

AmitdankevinAmitdankevinover 13 years ago

That was an amazing story. I have read all stories posted till now in this contest, but this is the first I am giving a 5 star to. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

i love love love this story! please continue to write more like it!

MichelleMoranMichelleMoranover 13 years ago
Fantastic!

A brilliant story - one of the best I've read :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love it

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you for this and hopefully there will be more to come... Kellan clearly needs someone, too.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Outstanding

A wonderfully romantic story. Loved every minute of reading it. Keep up the good work

AislingSpinnerAislingSpinnerover 13 years ago
Winner

Alright, if this doesn't win I will be thoroughly upset! Wonderful story, lovable characters, and so much fun! I can't wait to read more from you.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
You write better than good!

I enjoyed this feisty story and the irreverent presentation! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Beautiful

Wow, those six pages flew by quickly. Beautiful story, loved every minute of it.

(Go Canucks Go!)

folkenbevfolkenbevover 13 years ago
Love this story.

I love this story, and I hate the Avalanche so that means that this story was really amazing! :) The characters were well developed and he was just so perfectly sweet. I really enjoyed it alot!

mascaraandpearlsmascaraandpearlsabout 13 years ago

Too bad you used the Avalanche... the only thing that could've made this story better would be if you used the Tampa Bay Lightning. GO BOLTS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Definitely my favorite of the Valentine's stories. Hope you win because this was simply brilliant!

allusive1allusive1about 13 years ago
Beautifully done!

I had to rate it a five, even though I'm in the Valentine's contest as well and your score is higher than mine. LOL. Very enjoyable read... sweet romance and hot sex! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Very sweet story - would make a great series with a couple of the teammates!

leejamesleejamesabout 13 years ago
o.m.g.

how the hell did this story not win??? it was amazing!!!!

mtoldman33mtoldman33about 13 years ago
Hockey Stories Yeah!!!

MugsyB and PennLady have a companion worthy of the name. I have a new author to track.

Thank you

jedistarsjedistarsabout 13 years ago
Fantastic!

I've read this several times and I still enjoy it. Just a really sweet story.

Scurvydog44035Scurvydog44035about 13 years ago
Hornswalgled

This story was amazing and romantic. I love the big V day now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Stay off the bench and out of the sin-bin....

My heart says it really felt that double-check there... What do you envision will be your next masterpiece?

Heather_LeeHeather_Leealmost 13 years ago
So much talent...

I was lucky enough to find your stories. I love them all!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved it

What a wonderful, well written, lovely story. Wow!!

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
EXCELLENT !!!

...just Excellent !!

Thank You Rushette.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow wow wow

No other words I could think of. Sweetest, most adorable and filled-with-joy story I have read so far. A relationship anyone's been dreaming of. I love this submission. I hope to read more stories from you and I might add that I love hockey and hockey stories as well! Go Flames! And please keep writing!

toby9790toby9790over 12 years ago
GREAT STORY!!!

This has to be my favorite Valentines Day story. It was writen so well. I really like a romance story that ends in a marriage. Great Story.5***** toby9790.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
i love it!

iloveit! iloveit! iloveit! it was just so cute! :D i mean it was just adorable. first she didn't trust anyone then she fell in love with a complete stranger and then two years later, BAM! getting married and off to their honeymoon (after the playoffs are over with of course!) it was just so cute i almost cried!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Bravo!

This was such a great read. Just lovely.

Nauti Nymph

sucker4romancesucker4romancealmost 12 years ago
alright, that was amazing

i even cried at the end, happy tears ofcourse. amazing work!

rexspauldingrexspauldingalmost 12 years ago
Romantic, cheesy, and delightful

Well, you warned us of the incoming cheese, and dare I say, moments were indeed incredibly cheesy, yet it never overpowered the sweet, sentimental and romantic tale. Your story captures the sweet innocence of a broken heart being mended through love and patience. Your pacing seems essentially perfect, presenting the power of a rapidly developed love while maintaining a realistic and believable feeling. I am delighted I was able to read this wonderful romantic work, and I hope you persue honing your writing skill into a master craft.

Rex

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I thought this was a great story. You hit home for me. I'm from Louisiana and I love hockey (Dallas Stars). Plus I'm a sucker for a good love story. I gave it 5 stars!

ByronBrandtByronBrandtover 11 years ago

You had me laughing so much with this, it was great!

Yes it's a kind of cheesy romance, but heck, it was well-written and very entertaining!

(despite the fact that I'm a Canucks fan)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Gem of a story

Never been a big fan of V-Day... BUT I loved this. Found some parts made me laugh like crazy, others made me feel for the female lead, and I was totally rooting for your male lead. Thanks so much for writing a great story and incorporating hockey, by far the best sport out there (Capitals all the way!)

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
thanks again

have read this a couple of times and still enjoy the journey. thank you

PennMusicPennMusicover 10 years ago
I really...

enjoyed this story. Please create more in the future.

5 Stars

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
wonderful

that is how you eliminate bad memories, overwrite them with powerfully romantic experiences.

That you received praise and the endorsement of other authors against whom you were competing just reinforces the impact of this very creative writing.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
this isn't a Valentine Story, It is a Romantic tale

That it happens to revolve around the 14th of February makes it even more of a love story.

This is my 3rd time through and it just gets better each time.

thank you!

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
WOW

I have read this story several times as it's one of my all time favorites. Rushette this is soo good, THANKS!

Johnny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
love it!

a sexy story with lots of fun and laughter, awesome

J_RReaderJ_RReaderabout 8 years ago
Worth reading

I enjoyed your work.

Xgirl04Xgirl04almost 8 years ago
Best story ever!!!

Your story is awesome. If you weren't before you should definetly consider a career as a writer.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 7 years ago
Well written, but...

It was a well written piece, but from the minute the door opened and the three hockey players entered the bar it was obvious where it was going. The dialog was good, the character development OK, but there was absolutely no suspense, no wrinkles, no obstacles to the inevitable ending. Maybe I'm greedy, but those are the indgredients that make a story really worthwhile. 4*

Johnny0432Johnny0432about 7 years ago
Loved the story 5 stars

Hey it's a short story. There is a one liner that mentions the trials and difficulties over the year. A novel it's not, so it's just as it should be. This story is too good to not be read several times as I have...

Johnny0432Johnny0432over 6 years ago
I had to read it again

still 5 stars...I love you Rushette. Please write again...

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Magnificent story!

To say that this story is not good would be a sin against all who enjoy Romantic comedy and also it is REALLY GOOD! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 6 years ago
I wasn’t going to read it because of the hockey...

I have no interest in the game, but...

what a great story, and the hockey fell to the background.

I enjoyed the dialogue.

And loved the yummy sex scenes! 👌🏼 Bravo!

I’ll check out your other stories now.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Nice love story

Reminds of when I first met my departed wife, couldn't take my eyes off her nad her beautiful smile. This story was very good.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

I absolutely freaking ADORED this story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Love you Rushette 5 stars

Beautiful story. I just wish you were still writing. Anyone know why she stopped?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd like to think that oh so sexy Jason LaBlanc has a healthy dusting of blond hair for that sexy chest and abs -- he is a real gentleman and a real catch for Casey. Love hockey stories and their love for the ladies! Sexy players don't hurt either!

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, a little rough but more real life than not.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous