All Comments on 'You Never Know Ch. 05'

by govthooker78

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hang on...

Well, according to the ratings on the previous four chapters, you're pretty much averaging around 4 stars for the entire series. I'd hardly call that hate. :)

But here's the thing: I haven't read any of this series, because of the 'initials instead of names' thing. It's distracting. It's pretentious. It's lazy. What, you couldn't take 3 seconds and type 'Steve' or 'Scott' instead of just 'S.'? C'mon... I'll make you a deal. I promise I'll read the entire series if you re-post it after giving all of the characters names instead of initials. Deal? ;)

Jeesh, I just scrolled up and tried to read a paragraph or two... couldn't do it! That initial thing is so annoying to me!

Anyway, sorry to rain on your parade. If it makes you feel any better, please view this as constructive criticism. And, also, since I haven't read the chapters, I haven't voted at all, so at least I'm not bringing down your average, right? ;P

And, yes, I'm posting this anonymously, because the last time I posted a comment to a Literotica author with my email address attached, we started corresponding and actually fell in love. Then, nine months later, she decided she didn't love me anymore, and dumped me 6 days before she was supposed to fly here to meet me in person for the first time. A visit wherein I was planning to propose marriage. Taking a flight I paid for. Not that I give a damn about the money... having my heart ripped out kind of made me not care about that... Plus, my Dad had died just a month before that... Anyway, sorry to ramble on.

I'm serious. All of that last paragraph is absolutely 100% true. Really. Swear to whatever God you may happen to believe in.

Not that I'd be worried about falling in love with...

Oh, never mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I think it is great!!!

It would be better to know the names, but I'm not bothered to much about the initials.

Please keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

The initials instead of names is distracting, I've tried to keep reading this but it distracts from the story and maybe with other things you've said regarding using the initials people think you lie, you said you used initials because it was real people in the story, then said it was all made up, which one is it? If it's true that the initials are for real people, whether the story is completely made up or not, how would they feel knowing that you've written a story making them and yourself out to be complete assholes? Even if the people are real, surely you could have spent a few seconds typing an imaginary name to go with the so called imaginary story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hmmm...

I don't like your story but that's because I don't like your characters ,they are not very likable but its interesting to read a cheating story from the point of view of the "other " woman.S is just a spineless greedy coward and she is selfish .I feel they do not deserve a happy ending.

KyRainKyRainover 12 years ago
Get over it people

This is to all the comments who are upset with initial use.... Get over it. Just make up your own name for it as you read. To me the initials are easier to read then when stories are written in first person and all there is are "you" and "I". My point is that it has been 5 chapters it's not going to change.

I think the story is getting better and I for one and glad you keep going and I have kept reading. Just like in real life not every story is wrapped up in a neat package. Some of us have had to be drug thru the mud of life to get to a happy ending. I'm sticking with you as long as you keep going.

lili82lili82over 12 years ago
:O...

wow @ anon with the 5 page comment! did we need to know all that happened to you the last time you signed in? and you're annoying as well. it's easy to make up your own name for the initials if you need a name. I personally like that the author used initials. Keep doin you, govhooker78!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I don't mind the initials...just like another user stated, make up your own names, if it bother's you. Please continue with the story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
From heartbreak to happiness

@ anon with the 5 page comment: I'm posting anonymously as well because the exact same thing happened to me, only worse as my dog ran away and my truck broke down. Fortunately, I wrote an award-winning country song about it that has brought me a fortune in royalties.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
About the initials instead of names...

It's irritating to some people. Since you are publishing here, I assume you want people to read it. Some won't because of this. My brother had a band years ago. His audience liked old time rock and some country. The lead singer wanted top 40 stuff. When they played top 40, no one got up to dance in the bars they were playing. When they did old time rock and roll, everyone was out dancing. The band broke up because of this division. The moral is some times you have to consider your audience. Writing S instead of Sam just seems a silly point to stick to in the name of artistic freedom if you lose a third of your readers because of it.

Mega15Mega15over 12 years ago
look

just ignore people on here who have issues with your stories if you want you should try another writing site i use which is more user friendly, and the people there are much more suportive it's called booksie.com and its great people on there are willing to be critical, BUT suportive. dont listen to the idoits who have no idea what their going on about this is an awesome story whi9ch i love

liliangelsliliangelsover 12 years ago
forget them

Forget all the haters here. Obviously they like it but don't want to admit it because they're reading it, and don't forget, your obviously doing something right if they "hate" your work but they continue reading the other chapters. I love the story so far and i think that the fact that you have only initials instead of names let the readers use their imagination and put their own names and faces on the characters. This story seems like a mixture of a wonderful fantasy (the fact that S. wants to be there for the baby)and a not so wonderful thing that happens in real life (the fact that he knocked her up in the first place). i think the story is extremely entertaining and i cant wait to read the rest. KEEP DOING THE GOOD WORK! :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous