All Comments on 'Sarlene's Touch Ch. 35'

by Fuinimel

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
BrasstacksBrasstacksabout 12 years ago
Ye gods, Almandar!

I love this character. Almandar is such a perv, but is so with purpose; his is not a needless or pointless lust. He is respectful, sincere and genuine-- qualities hard to find in most oversexed male characters. Simple, honest love drives his actions, though that may not be obvious upon superficial observation. Overarching his every escapade is a sort of obsessive need to comfort and heal through touch and intimacy, which, through some inadvertent alchemy, renders a healing balm for his own loneliness and isolation.

Also overarching is Tarissa's sculpted brow, baffled at his promiscuity, at odds with the obvious- if slightly embarrassing- tender goodwill with which his 'dark' desires are proffered. His companions see him as something of a lech, it seems, but none judge him over-harshly.

Almandar is arguably one of the best Sarlene has to offer, and she must smile upon him and nudge her fellows in the shrouded heavens, saying, "Check this guy out; my priests and priestesses should be so good."

Just my thoughts on a well-written character who never fails to be himself, or pretend to be anything he is not. I hope I am seeing him clearly, and that Fuinimel is pleased with Almandar-- I know I am. If the author intended these things to be evident, then good show! If not, smile at your happy coincidence.

FuinimelFuinimelabout 12 years agoAuthor

Glad you like it! And, yes, I think that's a good analysis. I know it's a long way off, because of the way I plan out and then edit these things, but episode 42 will elaborate on some of the themes you mention, helping to explain how Almandar got the way he is. (For that matter, episode 41 will do the same for Zarenis). And just after that... all hell break loose.

BrasstacksBrasstacksabout 12 years ago
42? This bodes well...

Episode 42... That means this will go on for a while yet. That's a happy thought. Keep 'em coming, and I'll keep reading.

Looking forward to more, and as always, they are worth the wait. Thanks for all your time and effort. It is highly appreciated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous