All Comments on 'Duplicity Ch. 05'

by wws_wws

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My oh my the twists and turns.

Applause! You have really written quite the riveting tale. I am astonished, just astonished, by Philip's behavior and the depth of Lord Davenport's pain.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Hey

Another chapter in this delightful bodice ripper that titilates the palate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I love that Davenport's not giving in at all or making it easy for her. I just wish we could see more of that initial spark in Evelyn as well - she is making it too easy on him AND letting herself get tricked by Lady Ann!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More.

More. More. More.

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 9 years ago
Extremely good tale!

I am so taken with this story. So many twists and turns and potential pitfalls. So many manipulations. What a complete ass he is being and yet it turns me on completely! Love how she goes toe to toe with him.

You really need an editor. You have mixed tenses EVERYWHERE and this is such a great story. The grammatical errors though minor are numerous and they jar me out of the moment. While it doesn't fully detract from the story, it breaks the rushing tempo.

Love this story!

iffyfluffyiffyfluffyover 9 years ago
big fan

wonderful plot, loved your story, thanks for the good time

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

You finally made my toes curl with this last part. lol I'm loving this! Great setting, carefully plotted writing, you're good! Please, please, make some time to conclude this unbelievably exciting project of yours. Readers can't wait! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Philip fan

Any one else keen to see her with the sweet, sensitive, generous cousin. He could use a dukedom. His dastardly cousin already has one. Me thinks Evelyn is too gentle for Davenport.

wws_wwswws_wwsover 9 years agoAuthor
Encouraged

Thanks for all the comments, votes and general support. I especially enjoy knowing the readers' feelings towards each of my characters. I was starting to wonder if this is still the right forum for the story I want to tell, as the story progress grows more complex every time I revisit it. Your encouragements are invaluable.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Definitely Still Reading.

BUT. You are bordering on making him an unlikable ass. And, she needs to show that she is still a strong and smart woman that she was earlier in the story. Since I am writing this in Sept 2016 am sure that the story line is a done deal by this time. You may not even read comments anymore. Yet, still have hope these two will come together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Can you please explain..

Obviously a great chapter. I just don't get what's going through Davenports mind though? He seems to have about ten different personalities in this exchange whilst in the carriage he was completely besotted by her so why would he take her virgnity so painfully? Why is he intermittently cruel (also in the next chapter)?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Also agree with previous comment. He's gone from tortured lust to cold heart?

wws_wwswws_wwsalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Hi there: thanks for the previous comment. I really want to answer you to the best of your satisfaction, but it's simply that I wanted to write a character who loses control of himself. I don't want to use words like PTSD, alcoholism in a time when such words and concepts did not exist. I wanted to challenge myself to "show" that affect, rather than tell. I'll have to revise this as it's clear I failed in getting my point across. But please stick with me. I'm still revising this story, this labour of love. There's a link in my bio to where I'm currently hosting the story. Publication is less stringent and allows me to make corrections easily. I love for you to follow me here or there. And as always your feedback is most appreciated as I continue to find myself as a writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwws_wws@wws_wws
168 Followers
Some very exciting things happening for me as a writer. Both of my books are doing extremely well on Radish fiction and across multiple ebook platforms. Check out the polished and expanded version of "Duplicity" on Radish via @radish_fiction https://radishfiction.com/stories...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Duplicity Ch. 04 Previous Part
Duplicity Series Info