All Comments on 'Sally's Trip to the Theater'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 211 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not very good

so many things in this story i didnt like. i cant list them all. i will say this, why do so many loving wives stories have the wife be a total fucking moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Agree

I agree with the first poster. Yuck.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Very Entertaining Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
John is sooo understanding

Understand that you are a CUCKOLD. Sucks 1*. How does Sam taste? Yuck!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

No real retribution for the cheating. None for the jerkoff Sam. Could have been better.

Four Stars for your talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Who can say?

John sure let her off the hook, but maybe sometimes that's alright. At least you didn't remake all the characters like you did in Revelations. Well written, but let FTDS do this kind of thing. I gave it****

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
In need of editing

Great chunks of this were needlessly descriptive--he went to WalMart and bought some clothes... exactly what he bought I didn't need to know.

You don't need to describe every damn thing like you're padding a high school essay. But that's no why I gave you a one.

I gave you a one for making the wife borderline mentally challenged and the husband saint-like.I know it's fiction, but come on. It seems that there are only two types of women in this category--those who are incapable of tying their shoelaces and those who are evil scheming size queens. It gets boring to read the same thing over and over, and it tells me, early on, that the author lacks real imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a total backdown from the start

I hardly expected you to do a RAAC story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pleasantly surprised

Your ending was unexpected and I liked it. I get tired of burn-the-bitch stories. I like how the husband started to really see her and understand her insecurity--something quite difficult to do under the circumstances. Most importantly, you didn't ruin JPB's story; you enhanced it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story!

Thank you. I enjoyed your story. I confess I did not read the original story so I have no idea about Sally's actions. I was happy with the reconciliation and for the two of them, the ending was in their best interest.

I appreciate your talent and your contributions to this site. You are one of the best. Thank you!

vazkor13vazkor13over 9 years ago
I just loved it

5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I liked the reconciliation, but hubby is a sanctimonious prick.

I quit trading after the first page because the whole thing was about how fucking awesome, caring, wonderful, wealthy, handsome he is. I'll bet he posses gold and shits diamonds too. No fucking wonder she cheated on him, he's a total fucking loser.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Interesting Finish

5* Great writing, interesting path to forgiveness but like John I am left with some questions.

A cheating wife causes injury to the husband on several levels. All of these injuries are legitimate and serious. On the first level, she has just exposed herself to whatever disease her luck buddy has and in turn has brought that back to the marriage. Secondly, she has possibly been impregnated (what's the point in being married if not to create a your own family with your OWN kids?). Thirdly, there is the gross vulgarity of cheating, the "Jerry Springer trash effect" of cheating. To put it plainly it is low class and it diminishes and devalues the people that cheat. His wife lost "value" because of what she did. Fourth, there is the wallop to the husbands ego. The fact that his WIFE would allow another man to take his place and to fuck her. That place between her legs is HIS, the husband's place and she willingly gave it away. By doing so, it was no longer solely a husband's place, it became anyone's place and by doing so that place was devalued. The fifth and not the last level is that she trashed the intimacy that a NORMAL married couple has connect with romance and sex. Most people seem to agree that sex between a husband and wife is part of the special bond of marriage. It is not just fucking or rutting, it is part of establishing and maintaining the primary bond that holds a family together. She broke that bond that held their marriage together, thankfully there were no children yet. Finally, there is the common sense analysis of the situation. The math: She got angry so she fucked another man in front of her husband? She got angry because she had deluded notions about him and his fidelity? She never discussed these fears with him? Her solution was to destroy the marriage before he could destroy it? Well I can believe she'd do this. This course of stupidity rang true with me, I actually have seen this occur in a friends life. His wife cheated as sort of a pre-emptive strike. Her husband had no plan to cheat on her. When his wife cheated he went through all of the above, in the end he did the math. His love for the woman who was his wife was outweighed by the cheating. They were at the typical age and stage of their marriage to have children. While he forgave her for her stupidity, he could not overlook it and the possibility that if they had children she might pull something like this again. He had a rough childhood and could not see inflicting the pain of a broken marriage and home on children. It is important to trust people. You trust them by knowing them, by what they say and what they do. A person who say's they will be loyal and then betrays you is a person you can trust, to do it again! Behavior patterns are well known. If you look at your own life or those you know well you can see them. We all repeat the same range of behavior over and over again. It is the nature of human behavior. Cheaters will cheat again in one way or another. It is one kind of shame to be a cheated husband, it is a whole other terrible thing to be the father of cheated children that your love swore to protect the day they were born. Staying with a known cheater is in effect creating a horrible situation for your unborn children and yourself in the future. While there is some chance that she might not betray her family again, the risks are too high for any possible reward continuing the marriage might offer. Do the math and keep yourself in order: think and make decisions with your head, feel with your heart, and fuck with your dick.

DragonFistingDragonFistingover 9 years ago
Liked it

He should have met his wife's emotional needs more and he took her for granted. Sally sounds like a submissive and he sounded like a dominate. Of course the cheating was a no no. Whatever the extenuating circumstances, the cheating was a separate case. She could have confronted him, and been more vocal. They fell into the trap of assuming that they knew what the other felt. Always communicate verbally anything you are feeling, and show it through little expressions. I wish there was more emphasis on the cheating and the triggers that accompanied them. It would probably take longer to recover. Reconciliation was plausible in this case. Overall, I enjoyed the story and analysing the characters, and liked the story over all. Although, maybe some counseling could have been added. It might be hard to over come when a love one stabs you in the back.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

A brilliant conclusion. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
is't a suprising end..

just because is unrealistic

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1star.

You should have left the story alone. The sequel is so bad and unrealistic.

loboss2loboss2over 9 years ago
Good Stuff

Thanks, I liked how you continued the story; and, no we won't hold your lack of travel experience in Colorado against you...its still beautiful!

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A good ending...

A real good ending to that story...The better of this ending was the lawyer Fred Mertz!!! He was what a real lawyer must be: Advice the client in his best interests.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Sally's character changes too much

from the original in JPB's story. To make this work, you need your own prequel.

And in JPBs story, John earns 80K a year. On an 80K salalry, I doubt he'd be wearing $1000 suits and buying out a Nordstrom store (figuratively). Or buying 6 acres of property close to Denver. If an 80K salary is enough to get all that in Colorado, when is the next flight???

Good story, just not as a sequel to JPB's original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Done!

I'll leave analyzing the characters and their motivations to others. I'll confine my remarks to letting you know just how appreciated your efforts are. I remember not too long ago, just how close you came to giving it all up by ceasing to write for us here. I'm sure it took great strength to step back, and realize just what was really important, and bring yourself to continue- in the face of many detractors. I am so glad you did. It has been clear, that although you had slumped a little, you have made the supreme effort to constantly strive to improve your writing. I would like to congratulate you on that effort paying off in spades! I think that HDK, or perhaps even JPB, or in fact ANY of the writers you hold in esteem around here, would tell you that subject matter, and character plots are only PART of the equation. (necessary parts, but...) The real joy in following and reading the work of any particular author over time, is watching them grow and evolve. The message of any particular story sometimes becomes LESS a factor, when compared to seeing it communicated better, and maybe even better than before. It was funny that someone mentioned your work on "Revelations". This story today really can't compare to that one in ANY meaningful way, EXCEPT as a yardstick to measure your growth and development as an author. It was always clear that you work hard on your stories. It became abundantly clear how much you CARE about how well they are received. You really gained my respect, when you chose to leave the arguments behind to others, and channel your energies into improving your product, and creating your own unique brand.

What ever anybody has to say about this rollercoaster ride for Sally, and the consequences that arose from her infamous trip to the theatre, don't forget that overall, MORE people are just as happy and content to read about it, and luckier than they can even perceive to be able to get the chance to bitch or praise. Thanks very much Carvohi! I will continue to look forward to anything you write.

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
Difficult Job!

It's hard to pick up where an author left off and finish his thoughts. You did a nice job , thanks!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Mixed feelings on this one

I went back and read the JPB story first, and I agree with others that this sequel does not exactly capture the mindset of JPB's characters. There were a number of writing errors. "Your" is the possessive, while "you're" is a contraction meaning "you are." The author used "you're" instead of the correct "your" early in this sequel. Better editing would help with these kinds of errors (that MS spell check won't catch).

The husband seems a wimp in this story and mostly blames himself for his wife's cheating and disrespect. I think it is unrealistic that they could reconcile after a week and a spanking session -- it would take a lot of counseling to right the wrongs portrayed in this misadventure. What happens the next time she feels he's traveling too much and paying her too little attention? Bringing kids into this mix seems a recipe for disaster.

Oh, I did not even mention having her checked for STD's, checking out her workplace buddies to see if this was really her first cheating episode, and the ever-important psychologist to learn what sort of depression or bipolar disorder drove her to do what she did. The author's attempt at satire (i.e., the HKD account, the Stang account, the HIV account) was OK but pretty mild humor. So I give this three stars for a good effort but I can't rate it higher. I would encourage the author to keep writing but to keep in mind that most men behave very differently from the "hero" of this tale.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Here is the deal

This is sort of common on your stories carvohi. I start to read and get into it. Then I look at the page count and find I am less than halfway through this, even though it seems rife for a resolution already. This is overwritten.

I also join the crowd. This is not the vindictive bitch from the first story. Your rationalizations do not justify a woman who HAPPILY went down on some guy IN PUBLIC in a parking garage. A mouse would not do that. A mouse would not hold the phone next to her cunt as her lover pierces her just to piss of her husband. That character is not a mouse; she is a shrew. You picked the wrong rodent. The whole fact that he heard the squelching of them fucking puts to a lie her 'dryness' during sex...or maybe you forgot that detail. Details matter.

But to make the reconciliation work, you needed to make her this helpless little thing. It isn't bad writing, but it isn't true to the prior characters. Neither of these people have the edge that they have in the JPB story. In the original, his wife was frankly being dragged into a car and being raped and the protag just didn't care.

Compare that to THIS guy. Frankly, I kept waiting for him to wipe her chin and burp her. Maybe shake his finger in her face and put her in the corner for a time out. There was no pain here.

Writing wasn't terrible. The tone was all wrong. I am not insistent on BTB. But I will remark about vast character changes.

Oh shit. I promised not to comment on your stories. Forget everything I said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

How is this even remotely the same characters? And it's just so fucking boooooooring! Give it up.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I had

not previously read the JPB story, so I did. I believe this story flowed logically from the first one. I lean toward BTB endings, but authors can convince me that RAAC is the better alternative. Not here. I don't care if she might not have enjoyed her sex with Sam. I can't imagine our hero loving her so much that he forgave her so quickly. I did not read comments from other readers, but I imagine the RAAC is what caused this otherwise well-done story to be rated lower than I would have guessed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good

Good story, i didn't bother to go back as this was fine by itself.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
An interesting ending to a story...

... but to what story, I have no idea. As has been pointed out by many reviewers already, Sally, for certain, has no resemblance whatsoever to the character created by Bob in the original. As much as get frustrated by Bob's less than satisfactory conclusions to many of his stories, I truly believe his ended in a better place than yours.

WufferWufferover 9 years ago

I use this site to read sex stories but i enjoyed this story very much

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

Wow. The absolute dichotomy of positions in the comments is fascinating. I do not think she is as contrite as I think she should have been. Even he thinks he hasn't heard her as remorseful as sincerely as he would have liked. So I'd have to agree with some that his forgiveness comes too easily and too soon. There is no way she'd be able to sit in a car for a ride to the property after the beating her ass took the previous night. Good read for me with a couple of distractions.

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
1*

Completely different characters from JPB's original tale. When you have to change the personalities and actions of the characters from the original story to make your tale work, you have failed to add anything of worth with the sequel. You need to stick to writing your own stories as so far your efforts when talking on other writers creations have been very poor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I had to stop after the second page!

No attorney in the world would advise that guy the way you're so called divorce attorney did. I'm sorry but I just kept think "this is bullshit" the whole way down that page. Don't wanna read any further as I'm sure I can see where this is headed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
you are on your way

am a long time jpb fan but have to say you did a fine job and clearly defined your reasoning. would really liked to see Sam castrated and the bitchs at his work punished for what they told sally but that can come as your style developes,

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 9 years ago
Sure

This was well put together in a storytelling sense, with nicely defined characters and an emphasis on using dialogue to move plot and add humanity. An awful lot of people writing for the site could learn something by reading stories like this one. You even did a good job giving your happy ending a sort of wistful sunset moment.

The only thing I didn't care for was that Stangstarian "Wow he's so great and what a fucking favor he did by marrying her," sort of dynamic. I know that, while he and most of the btb crowd typically use that to try and force their character into a hero mold, you were trying to do it in more of an empowering way. But I just don't care for that sort of extremized dynamic. My personal opinion is that this forum is the perfect story vehicle for portraying ordinary people having to deal with extraordinary problems, and the "greater" you make your main character the less danger or trouble the world can provide him...the less, therefore, he has to overcome.

That's just like, my opinion, man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A few things!

One, it was conveniently forgotten how she put the phone down by her cunt while she was being pounded by Sam for the SECOND time. What could hurt a husband worse than that? And that after she'd already blown him at least once, perhaps twice. Then she sucked him in the driveway and also crawled into the back seat and brought a load of cum into the house for her husband and actually touched him, trying to interest him in sex.

Next, she called him a needle dick. That alone is unforgivable. Then came what should have been the death blow to any husband, she called him a cuckold. What more could a woman have done to deserve the death penalty, than that? And he takes her back in only a few weeks? Puh-lease.....

Now Carvohi, you didn't do too bad! You took a good story and ruined it, for me at least, simply because of how brutal she was to her husband who was merely attempting to do his job and keep a roof over her head. But still, you made me angry which is a good thing for an author to do!

After my last novel I received all sorts of messages, people angry because I built up a character, a little girl whom everyone loved, and then killed her. It was unexpected but needed, as the reader discovered after they continued with the story. Something may anger the reader, make them cry, laugh or any myriad of emotions is needed for a good story. The difference is, I write novels 400 to 800 pages and you are trying to do it all in just a few.

Nice job!

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
I loved it!

I think you took one of JPB's weaker storier( because of the open end) and made it a pleasurable story. I think it would have been stronger with more clarity on her relationship with Sam. After all it cover several days and multiple cheating sessions. A more in depth discussion of her explanation of what caused her to deviate so much might have led to a better understand of his forgiveness.

I have enjoyed all your stories and this one certainly fulfilled my expectations.

Thanks for your effort and for sharing.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
GREAT STORY

I love the way you made them both appear as real humans, making mistakes, getting mad and doing things we really know we shouldn't do; yet most of us will forgive. I know many of the Anons who comment on this site call for blood and nothing but blood, never realizing they are not without sin, and have much to be forgiven for also. Jesus put it best, and I paraphrase: Unless you have never done wrong to your spouse in any way, love requires you to forgive. Yes, I know He used different words, but these apply to our situation here. The person who refuses to forgive can look forward to a long unhappy life, whether it last one year or one hundred years

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
This story was like eating a rice cake.....

Bland, dull, and uninspiring. The only thing worse than a bad writer writing a bad story, is a good writer writing a bad story. Better luck next time.

Corsair46Corsair46over 9 years ago
Thanks

Great job! I feel you did Bob a great service by doing this sequel. Superb insight into human nature. I'm sure Bob is pleased. Being patient, patient and compassionate is what keeps marriages alive and can resurrect a train wreck.

Pay no attention to Anony-mouse, he finds something negative to say about every story on Lit. I should hope to someday write was well and as insightful as you and Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story !

The many readers of stories on this site who only want to be turned on by sex and lust will not enjoy this story . Those readers that actually enjoy a well written piece of art will love it as I did .

To the author of this great story , I salute you and hope you are motivated to write more creative fiction and don't try to please anyone but yourself with your work .

A pleasant surprise was this fine story for me :-)

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Nice plot here...

...and I liked reading this one. Nevertheless, in my opinion there have been too many repetitions. I know now that he was pissed seeing her head go up and down, her legs up. And I admit I lost count of how often he "fucked up" while she felt like "shit" or he felt like "shit" knowing that the fucking marriage seemed totally fucked up - well - shit!

Too often...way too often used to let the reading become really comfortable. Others may see this differently, but I would enjoy your stories a lot more if you could manage to cut back on those expressions.

Please feel encouraged to continue and thank you for your work.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
not really

These two only bear a superficial resemblance to JPB's John and Sally.

This would be better as a stand alone story than as a "sequel".

What Sally did was intended to hurt John as badly as possible.

If John was true to the JPB original there is no way he could have jumped to forgiving her so quickly.

Sally was too meek unlike the original.

jiminabjiminabover 9 years ago
liked it

But especially how you got all those authors business accounts in. Had a laugh. Thank you. But probably a bit of honesty and counseling before hand would have helped. A lot.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
A tidy finish

Good story. The original did end up in the air. However, here,Sally got off very easily and Sam has not been dealt with at all. Buying Sally new clothes, surely a top class store would alter her choice of dress to fit her? And a brown suit for a classy night out?

LostOneThereLostOneThereover 9 years ago
Okay, it is definitely a step up from JPB's version.

I do not read Just Plain Bob's stories. To me he is nothing more than a harlequin pulp fiction novelist. With 768 stories of generally lower caliber tales it seems to indicate such at any rate. He isn't the only one at literotica by any means but we are discussing one of his stories.

Others have stated you did not hold true to his character's identity and demeanor. I think it is possible that you did. If possible I'd like to see a third chapter with Sally giving the same level of introspection and thoughts as you gave John with chapter. I definitely can see where you are coming from with this sequel but I would like to see her viewpoint as well. I gave this version 5*s and JPBs original 2*s.

7daysuntil7daysuntilover 9 years ago
You did right by giving this story an ending.

People can get over a problem like this. I'm glad to see the wife, Sally, showed a lot of remorse. Not all stories like this should end in tragedy. I have always been a BTB person. I always say once a cheater always a cheater. But sometimes it's good to read a story where two people can get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Gilda Radner?

My God! She was such a hottie!

Oh, oh, yeah, and 5* for the story, too, before I forget! ;o)

ChagrinedChagrinedover 9 years ago
You did okay! :-)

I have to admit I kind of like this. I also have to admit that for a while I thought the lead guy was a bit of a dipsshit! Some of his actions seemed rather cruel. And I still do not think he is all that much of a good guy but, it was an interesting and 20 J.P. bees stories.

Now, since I do live in Colorado, your memory is not that bad. Yeah we have a lot of sunshine, yeah we can do a lot of sports, but, there are some minuses as well. The University of Colorado is actually more in the People's Republic of Boulder. But Nordstrom's is pretty expensive!

I really loved the little authors trick! HIV in Virginia (which is just where HIV belongs), HDK in Pennsylvania,Stang, or all cute little gimmicks.

I do think it was a very good submission. And I hope you do more. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I can't believe I read JPB's piece of shit

just so I could read this piece of shit. I finally gave up on page 3.

shuriken2012shuriken2012over 9 years ago
nothing like the original

the characters in this are nothing like the original story by JPB. you gave them both personalities they didnt seem to have in the first one and the way you ended it is a direct 180 from the way JPB usually ends his stories like this. he does often go for reconciliation but not in the situation that has been set forth. the straight up disrespect would immediately have her out the house is a JPB story.

I give you 1 star for veering so drastically from the direction the story was going and for almost completely changing the characters.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Whoa, what have you been smoking?

His wife is such a bitch, that when he can't join her for an evening at the theater because he has to travel for his job; she commits adultery to get even? Granted, I find it preposterous too; is that why you couldn't keep with the original character? That aside, it's your protagonist that really upsets me. JPB presents us with an evil bitch, who has zero respect for her husband and marriage vows; and less than a week later, you have him welcoming her back with open arms! I guess we can surmise what goes on in your bedroom...oh beat me, hurt me, make me feel cheap!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
working

Why does he work so much?

Six acres in Boulder County and a house in Denver.

Realistically, $80,000 a year plus $18,000 a year from her would not leave enough for either of them to be fashion plates and drive nice cars.

The only places in Colorado more expensive are the playgrounds of the rich and famous. (Aspen, Vail etc.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why finish this Story?

The "finish" was longer than the original. After that piece of shit story "The Dentist" I'm surprised any writer would give Carvohi permision to finish one of their stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another view

I normally like this authors stories.

The 1st flaw was all the assumptions the male made. None of which he confirmed.

Maybe she was stupid or maybe a sub, but to assume you know what play she has tickets is hubris. He could easily confirm, but launches off to other ASSumptions. This isn't communication.

When describing the ill-fitting clothes, I first thought cancer. The author doesn't know petite. All major retailors can handle short women.

My wife is short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Neither story worked well

I did not like bobs and your ending did not work for me. Most men would have left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Stick to your own stories

In your story, "You're not going anywhere" you had a husband get divorced by his wife who caught him having a mid-life crisis fling with his real estate agent. He tried to hide the affair and when caught begged forgiveness. They had 2 kids devastated by the divorce and the bitch wife kept tormenting her ex for the fling. In this story the wife puts the affair in husband's face and never really apologizes for her actions but husband takes her back after giving her a spanking. Double standard much? You twisted JPB's characters to make them unrecognizable. I didn't like either of your characters. JPB's husband was just a guy trying to keep his head up while getting crapped on by all sides. His wife, who should have been in his corner, was the worst offender. This was not a reconciliation story.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
BTW

Some really great companies are coming on-board due to Hubby's efforts. Wouldn't be surprised if Rehnquist Unlimited and Lord & Dawg don't sign up next!

Great Read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice try, but sorry

I love almost all of your stories, but this one really disappoints. Really not believable. very shallow dialogue, the entire premise doesn't work for me. Your other stuff is a lot better.

RogueAlanRogueAlanover 9 years ago
enjoyed reading a JPB story continued by another authoer whose work i like

there are lots of stories on the site that don't get finished, and are begging for one, and there are authors such as Bob who leave you intentionally in a place to finish it off in your head yourself.

I enjoy the 'FinishTheDamnStory' finishes, and this one, because it's interesting seeing how other authors approach a story that i might have continued in my head.

Keep the stories coming (both of you)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No Thanks.

Saw where this was going on page 1 and skipped to the end.

And then gave it a 1.

All of you wimps, closet gays, cucks and pervs can keep the cheaters.

If you cheat on me, I leave.

Nothing to discuss.

I learned this at a young age:

WOMEN WHO RESPECT YOU AND CARE ABOUT YOU DON'T CHEAT!

I am not talking crap; it is just who I am.

Life is too short to spend with someone who for WHATEVER reason can't be faithful.

Thank you however for the effort.

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 9 years ago
It's Just Too Different

The characters and tone of this story are vastly different from the original. It feels like you took too much creative leverage to make the characters gloss over the fact that she brazenly cheated on him because he broke a date. She had enough backbone in the original and now you turned her into a frail little repentant doll of a woman. That's just stretching her character too far. In all honesty I felt the tone of the original story merited divorce rather than reconciliation. The lawyer also seemed fickle about the whole thing and his advice did not seem authentic either. All in all this story merits a score of 1.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
Since CARVOHI mentioned ME specifically ---- Let me says this story is Vile .. replusive ... Moronic..laughably bad

CARVOHI ... this sucks Moose cock. and Most of the comments are NOT favorable

Leaving aside the totol re-write of all the characters ... Your PREMISE is that a husband work hard is Justification for cheating. it is Not.

THIS paragraph... 2nd on page 4 is vile.

..."It must have really hurt when I'd said I didn't give a 'rat fuck'. Shit it was something she'd put her whole heart and soul into. Yeah, without knowing I'd broken her heart. She'd planned a special evening, and I'd, though unknowingly, had callously crushed her. But why hadn't she told me? I knew why; it was supposed to be a surprise. To her my 'rat fuck' plus the business trip wasn't just thoughtless; it was downright cruel.'

Once again you have another pathetic weak willed offensive spineless turd of man saying HE is at fault for NOT attending the cunt whore wife's play and

....THEREFORE her cheating is OK

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
No for me

Didn't like JPB's original & this isn't any better, I know you said it's a sequel but there's just too much difference, between the 2 stories, of the main characters.... didn't make me feel better for reading it. 2 **

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 9 years ago
Interesting

Please don't write anymore completions for JPB stories. They should stand or not stand on their own. You write good stories of your own.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
WOW!

Took you 4 whole pages, but you actually managed to make one of pussy boy Bobs stories even worse.

Not an easy thing to do!

By leaving the original story incomplete, Bob left you plenty of room to continue taking it downwards, even if it did take you forever to do it.

I would like to point out, that at my suggestion, Bob has been taking testosterone replacement therapy, his inability to fully complete this story, and then to even suggest that he would leave the slut without his usual cream pie and sloppy seconds, speaks volumes about the success of his treatments.

Then YOU!

YOU, with your pedantic and ponderous piteous writing, taking Bob's story to it's odoriferous conclusion, may have set Bob's therapy back by weeks if not months. It takes an especially low person to kick someone when they are down, and it takes an extra special kind of hellion to castrate poor Bob while he's trying to grow his balls back.

SHAME!

Shame on you bitch writer!

Shame on you and all your ball busting sisters for your emasculation stories portraying men as wimps who reward their cheating wives with fancy dresses, jewelry, and Mustangs. Bob (or his protaginist) would never buy property in, near, or around Boulder, as it very overpriced and full of lefty liberals. So you insult political incorrectness as well as depriving him of his burgeoning masculinity. I don't know what a Carvohi is, but it sounds like something that becomes cancerous then needs to be removed. I'm so glad that you didn't stay long, Denver is a much better place without you, and I believe America would truly be a much better place without you. Please consider moving to some country as far from here as possible, that is more acquiescent to contemptible fem-bully's and non-men such as yourself.

UprightManUprightManover 9 years ago
Much insight, with real consequences!

Kudos to you for a finish both grounded and proportional. He is hurt, and by the end she gets that, but he's also man enough to own his part in the messes they create for themselves and each other without giving her a free pass.

Well done.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 9 years ago

I can see why JPB leaves his stories unfinished.....

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Big Heart

Here is a man with a big heart and confidence in himself. By contrast, your critics have no heart and tiny dicks.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years agoAuthor
To H.I.V.

Harry I may be a spineless limp dicked turd, but John didn't say because he skipped the play it was OK for her to cheat. John realized her cheating was absolutely directed at him. It wasn't just some a cheap tawdry sneaky secret affair. She wanted to 'get even', hurt him back. He realized she figured she'd lost him, and wanted to hurt him in the worst way before he left her. He didn't say he thought it was OK; he said he could forgive her for it. He didn't say it was forgettable only forgivable.

By the way; thanks for the comment.

YathinkYathinkover 9 years ago
It isn't about lack of foregiveness. Or "tiny dicks."

It is about choices

It's about having a woman who tries to work out problems vs having a bitch who goes for a "revenge f*ck" every time she's got a gripe.

.

njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
I liked it

Some of the details were lacking,80k is not rich,not to the level in the story,and some of the superman/mouse angle is a little bit too much.Still,the idea is there,a girl with low self esteem,a husband seemingly above her.You get to see some of the problems in this version's background,that he constantly recognizes she is no beauty technically,but says she is perfect for him,but doesn't realize she might feel like she is,not beautiful to him. He has enough humility to realize he played the role of the god husband,wearing fancy clothing while she scrimped,and otherwise fed that image.He realizes relationships are two way and that his.was unintendedly

1 way,despite what was in his heart.He isn't a wimo,he isn't a raac,he is a man who faced his own faults and realized they didn't help things...while keeping the blame for the screwup on his wife...and he gave her the tool to reconcile,he showed he understood why she did it,and helped her understand he loved her and,wanted her to know it. The whole btb crowd is,based in the idea that cheating happens in a vacuum and that there is never room for understanding or building a new relationship,and I would bet most of them are bitter,angry people who have been hurt but can't see beyond that.I love btb stories,where the offender is,a bastard or bitch,doesn't care,but btb shouldn't apply to every case,it is,like amputating for a flesh wound.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
njlauren

Yes and...

As a stand alone story, I can understand that. This isn't a stand alone story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A solid 1*

Up to your usual standard

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago

Think I will read bobs story I didn't take your advice to read it first. Glad John came to his sences about his treatment of Sally, comunication is so important to every couple.Love the happy ending, I always hope for the happy ending. I'm not sure I could forgive if I witnessed the act of infidelity. Thanks for a good story!

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 9 years ago
two things

First this effort did not really feel like a continuation of the JPB story. The characters seem completely at odds with the earlier story. Secondly John is such a dick he seems more French than human.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Interesting Read

As a stand-alone it is well worked out and explained. As many have pointed out Sally seems completely different in this story, but it still does reduce the value of the logical development to reconciliation. Still, only he can say if she was sufficiently provoked and if he will forgive, but after her talking with her vagina on the telephone I would not have ever talked to her again though her fucking in the back seat in front of the house might have overwhelmed the first horror... But I am just an immature 80 year old.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Four pages of pleasure and i could give a damn

whether he done right or wrong. Storytelling - carvohi has come a long way. This author is like a bro he argues his point in the comments and forums on LW and draws the jealoust of diminishing critics (Harry, you sad cunt) and the admiration of morons like witless, neither of whom have even ventured a flash to contribute, unless you're counting their dry sense of humor. Myself, I'm glad to see them get back together cos itweighs the trigger til the next 'misunderstanding' tween them. And there will be more to this relationship and it's a race about which brilliant author here is gonna finish the fucking story. Best comment? Looking4it. 5*

He who was once Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great writing as usual.

I can hardly wait to read your stories you are as good as it gets. Please read JPB

A shave and a hair cut and see if you could come up with a ending for it. The event

detailed in the story is pretty believable to me. At one time in my life I had long hair

and a big beard and glasses. I shaved got a hair cut and got contacts when I ran into

friends of mine they did not recognize me until I spoke. It was kind of fun to do this.

The story really needs an ending it was one of JPB early just leave hanging endings

but it has so much potential to be epic. Thanks again for your continued writing

posted here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Provocative

Your finish to JPB's story provoked so many comments very quickly. I admit I have not waded through all of them. I only look for the logic in the story, and I see some gaps you should have addressed: (1) necessary STD test; (2) how did she know of the cuckold term for someone so inexperienced; (3) was she accustomed to giving BJ's to her husband, even though she was apparently a virgin before her marriage; (4) why did he not schedule a beauty make-over session with a quality salon before the party.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Zed0

You are right. Bob was bad enough. It is funny how in Bob's stories the men are wealthy or run a big company but they can't seem to make any decisions. The women on the other hand make life altering snap decisions on a constant basis.

And this rendition was worse. Hell he saved the company, maybe the entire business world and when she pulls her little stunt he folds inside out and is a vagina. Iron Dragon can you help us out here. We really need to resolve these insecurities.

won't log me in so pappy7 is anon.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
so many inside jokes

too bad the story didn't rise to the same level.

HDK HIV JPB and all the other companies that wanted to be part of the business success.

And yet, in spite of his business acumen, he was a failure as a husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not a Sequel

I agree with many previous critics. The story is well enough written but it is not a sequel to JPB's story. The characters were made to undergo substantial alteration in order to make the ending plausible. You should have written an entire story, with perhaps an acknowledgement to JPB for the initial idea, showing consistent characterization from the start.

h4751h4751over 9 years ago
Nice

I liked the happy ending. It doesn't always work, but did here. As a strong hater of infidelity, I'd have trouble forgiving. But the characters made it believable. Good job.

StangStar06StangStar06over 9 years ago
Great Job!

I am probably one of JPB's biggest fans but sometimes the way he leaves a story is frustrating. In this case you not only fleshed out his beginning into a full story, you made it your own. Great Work!

DepopuloDepopuloover 9 years ago

what a surprise, didnt bother reading just skimmed right to the end and what do you know.... self cuck.... fuck right the hell off

1/5 wish I could rate it lower

amyyumamyyumover 9 years ago
Entertaining

I liked it - five stars worth. It didn't really follow JPB's story, especially since you made it seem like there was only one episode between Sally and Sam, and I doubt that JPB's "hero" would have been forgiving. However, JPB's hero was a wimp and didn't confront the guy in his own driveway, so as far as I'm concerned you had license to do whatever you wanted, and you did a great job of it.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 9 years ago
Sequel or Not a Sequel, that is the question !

This story is good enough 5 be a stand alone story in it's own right. The JPB story was just a tale of facts, no character fepth or development.

This story had to creat characters, give them depth and emotion, creat circumstances loosly based on JPB's story.

A very well created and delivered story.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Well done

I thought you did a clever job shaping the original story toward rapprochement and I think the story concluded in a manner compatible with Just Plain Bobs style. However, I don't feel that reconciliation in the sense of accepting Sally's transgression has yet occurred for John. Why?

Basically the punishment for John did not quite fit the crime; and it was a crime - to John. Paddling, as brutish and brutal as it was, belongs in the realm of infantile. Perhaps a more fitting punishment would have incorporated anal sex as alluded to by Sally and dismissed by John. The story's allusion to the pain of such an act would have directly linked the punishment to the sexual nature of the transgression.

I like your offerings.

P.S. I too dislike cliffhangers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is worse than the original.

a bad story made worse. poor jpb. No improvement to his sorry story was made.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
couldnt even readall of it.

what the fuck is wrong with this guy. why would you marry a retard. the author wrote the wife as the dumbest person in the world. if she is this stupid why in the hell would the stupid fuck even marry her.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I enjoyed the sequel more than JPB's story. Good theme and writing. No flubs and only saw one typo. Good Show! Cheers!

stout1759stout1759over 9 years ago
Good story, well written.

It wasn't BTB. It wasn't RAAC. It was a realization of a lack of communication and an attempt to resolve that and solve the inadequacies that she felt. I see this as building a stronger relationship. Sometimes a problem free relationship may not be as satisfying as one that had a problem that required work to recover from. Carvohi has brought a scenario that covers one of those.

More than all that I am seeing the growth of a good writer. Trying something different and expanding his skills can be daring. So many of the commentors are so rigid in their viewpoints that their comments are no surprise. Some have offered critiques that ought to help. There are a number of formulae that some authors use and get good comments but don't appear to grow in either themselves or loving wives. Carvohi appears to be doing both. He is daring to take the chance to take a path not yet trod.

Thanks. Hats off for a new take. Looking for more new directions. I don't expect to be happy with all new directions but I do respect the attempt.

Benedict12Benedict12over 9 years ago
Improving the original

A rewarding tale that improves significantly upon the original story. I did find the spanking scene a bit disturbing. The author's intent to achieve a mutual catharsis that would allow both Sally and John to resolve the emotional consequences of Sally's infidelity was a worthy goal. To me however the narrative bordered on sado masochistic violence against women. Perhaps next time the physical injuries might be toned down a bit.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
I read this again, and I want to apologize.

I made a rude comment, and I'm sorry; but you just made me so angry! Yeah, I know; bullshit excuse. But what the hey, you seem to think it warrants a pass on adultery; ought to be good enough for me, right? The truth is, you did upset me. It's difficult to find stories on this site that aren't revolting; which is why I gravitate towards BTB; at least one person in the story values love and fidelity. But you, you took a sure-fire burn the bitch scenario, and trivialized marriage, adultery and the reasons for reconciliation until you produced this tripe. The reasons you dredged up to justify forgiving her, while laudable, were in no way equivalent to adultery. You demeaned marriage by trying to make it so. I'm not necessarily against reconciliation; but it better be for more than 'Damn, she's a good cook' or 'I like her small pear shaped breasts'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

Didn't expect the sequel to be better than the original, but it was. It demonstrates human frailty and the ability to forgive once everything is understood.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AT LEAST SHE IS IN GOOD COMPANY

Lincoln had trouble at the theater. TK U MLJ LV NV

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Agree with Splitaces (10/21/14)

I left a quick violent fantasy in my comments of JPB's original story. And then this sequel (not really a sequel because Sally was not the same person as in the original) angered me almost as much. I think the deeper issue is JPB and now Carvohi both seem to devalue marriage and make light of infidelity. Those of us who like BTB probably all do so because we have had a spouse who cheated on us and broke the commitment and vows that we would die for to keep within ourselves. There is no excuse to ever cheat on your spouse. Quit looking for one. Don't make that promise if you cannot keep it for a hundred years until death. Those of us who are like this do not hate women. We just keep our promises or we don't make them and we expect our partners to do the same. (My second wife and I are of like mind on this and are 22+ years strong). Sex is wonderful, exciting and fulfilling, but it is NEVER just sex. JPB does not understand this and I am a little surprised that Carvohi doesn't either.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 9 years ago
Screw the naysayers!!!

I for one liked it. I liked the way the author put it together, readable, with very good continuity...and the guy can spell too.

I liked it so much I reopened after the first time I read it and voted a big five stars again.

mcbsmcbsabout 9 years ago
Sam Walks Free

In a typical Carvohi story, not only does the wife's lover walk away free, but if the woman has children, her lover destroys the entire family, and walks away free.. Someone really needs to write an alternative ending or a sequel to that horrendous story, "The Dentist" by this author.

In this story, I did enjoy the reference to other LW writers and characters. The boss, Richard Gronier, I believe is the name of a character from a story by Ohio. Then there is the reference to other authors " J.P.B.(Just Plain Bob) H.D.K.(Hard Days Knight,)" and even a frequent commentator, " H.I.V. (Harry in Virginia)". That part of the story was well done.

The main, "oh, I'm so successful and handsome", main character is looking for a critique of the ancient Historian Herodutus. I can help. H had issues with numbers. He always exaggerated numbers. No, the Persians did NOT enter Greece with an army of 2 million. Maybe 100,000. I doubt that a single campaign with an Army of 2 million occurred until the 19th century AD at the earliest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
another WACC story for the prince of cuckolds

where are all the domestic violence screamers at......he beats her with a paddle and no one says a word. But she's drunk and gets fucked everyone yells rape. The website has become the poster site for WACC, RAAC and all the cuckolds England has to offer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous