14 Months 02: November

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Enjoying the first break from the madness she had taken since her arrival at this house in the country, Sophie was sitting on a sun lounge beside the pool attempting to read a book. She couldn't believe all these people were here for her. Well not for her exactly, for Darius. He was making her into the perfect woman to fulfil his fantasies and the game he was determined to win. She felt less and less like herself as the days drew on and more and more like the pampered Angel he was creating.

There was no point complaining or worrying about it unnecessarily. This was what she had signed up for, fourteen months of being Darius's little pet project. She consoled herself with the fact that the sex was amazing and it didn't matter how often they did it, Darius could always rise to the occasion again with little rest time between rounds which was a good thing because the man was insatiable and beginning to make her crave him in the same way. It was like he was trying to break a record or break her, she wasn't sure which.

"You look fucking hot," Darius's voice invaded her peace a moment before he appeared in her peripheral vision. She tensed knowing what would happen next as he picked her up and settled onto her lounge, pulling her down across his lap. "Did you use sunscreen?"

"Of course, I'm not a fan of sunburn especially as it doesn't make you any gentler with me," she rolled her eyes.

"Angel," he murmured nuzzling into the hair hanging around her neck. "You know you love it rough," he growled into her ear and swept her now, golden-caramel coloured hair back taking the opportunity to nibble at her neck. He had heeded everyone's advice and stopped marking her beautiful neck but the urge to put his mark on that clean canvas for everyone to see still niggled at him. She was finally his, after long months of waiting and watching, and he couldn't get enough of her.

"You know there is nothing wrong with a gentle quickie now and then," she laughed. "It doesn't have to be a marathon fuck-fest every time you take me. No wonder I got run down," she pushed Darius away from her neck. "We mere mortals need more than a few hours of broken sleep each night."

"You're not mortal, you're an angel," he murmured still kissing her neck.

"Was there a reason you came out to interrupt my book besides, you know," she wriggled her ass in his lap, "The obvious reason."

"So cruel," he shook his head sadly. "Especially when I came to tell you that I have a surprise for you."

"I'm not sure I can handle any more of your surprises this week," she laughed. "I am worried you are going to wheel in a plastic surgeon soon because you have decided you want bigger boobs next year!"

"These are perfect just the way they are," he placed his hands over her breasts. "It hasn't been that bad has it?" He frowned at her.

"Let's see, you hired a fitness guru and dietician to change my body shape, a stylist to change my sense of style and," she flicked her hair, "Who knew this was my natural colour?" she laughed indicating the golden dark blonde mane she now sported which had been expertly cut and styled with long layers that hugged around her heart-shaped face and she had to admit it looked great. "No, it hasn't been that bad but I am starting to feel less like me and more like some girl you dreamed up."

"Come and get dressed, I have a surprise that is all about what you want and not me this time. I think you will like it more than your makeover," Darius grinned at her and took her inside.

"Piano lessons?" she asked when she saw a tall, wiry man walk through the living room towards Darius's office carrying a keyboard and she tilted her head. She guessed it would be a lot harder to get a real piano out to the country where they were staying for the sake of another week or two. Excited that this was something she had asked for in the contract and didn't think she would get until they returned to the city, she raced upstairs to take a quick shower and change.

"So much for that surprise," he chuckled and followed her upstairs. By the time he made it to the bathroom, she was already stripped and had the shower running. He wasn't sure he'd seen her this excited about anything in the last two weeks, and he thought back over what she had just said to him downstairs. Had he been so ruthless about creating the perfect version of her that he had lost sight of who she was at heart? She was still sassy and funny, but their banter wasn't as spontaneous as it once was. It was like she had lost her edge as her team had smoothed out those rough edges that made her uniquely Sophie while creating what he believed was the best version of her. She had always been beautiful in his eyes but now she took his breath away every time he saw her. He couldn't wait to unveil her to his brothers in the Alliance.

Her excitement that he was following through on the one specific thing she had asked for made him feel guilty that he hadn't done it sooner. He was a self-absorbed bastard; he could admit that, but until this moment, he hadn't realised he was crushing her spirit by moulding her into what he viewed as the perfect version of her. That spirit was what made her eyes sparkle and her smile widen. It made her cry out his name when he fucked her, and while he watched the floor show as she exited the shower, dried off and got dressed, he could see that sparkle return to her eyes and her smile widen. He needed to work harder to find out what she liked and wanted for herself and deliver it. He needed to know what made her happy aside of piano lessons and make sure he kept her inner spark glowing brightly and her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Thank you, thank you," Sophie couldn't help but grin as once dressed, she closed the gap between herself and Darius who had hung back to watch her knowing that if he got any closer, they wouldn't make it downstairs for the lesson.

"If I had known it would make you this happy I would have done it the day you asked me for piano lessons," he chuckled picking her up and pulling her close to his chest to kiss her long and deep enjoying the excited energy that radiated from her and only now realising it had been missing when Susan had pronounced her exhausted and given her a few days of relaxation instead of the punishing schedule she had been keeping.

Darius had asked for the keyboard to be set up in his office so he could keep an eye on her lessons and judge if the music was one of her strengths. He hadn't seen any signs of her being musically minded, but then he hadn't been looking much past the superficial and her sassy personality in the weeks he had known her. It was time to remedy that he told himself. It was more than time to start getting to know the real girl who rocked his world and hid so much of herself behind the sassy wit and compliant attitude he chastised himself.

"Sophie this is a friend of mine, Benny. He's going to give you lessons on the keyboard rather than the piano to start with because with Keyboards you can use earphones and practise whenever you like without disturbing anyone around you," he said with a smile indicating his desk on the other side of the room. "When we return to the city, you will have your own practise room at home with a piano, but you can keep the keyboard if you find you like the convenience of it."

"Hi Benny, I'm so excited to get started. I had a few lessons as a child but couldn't keep it up when I got older so I'm not a total newbie, but I will need a lot of revision to remember everything," she explained.

"Great, let's get started, shall we?" he swept his hand to where he had set up the keyboard. "I have two sets of earphones so we can both can hear what your playing without disturbing, the big guy while he's working."

Listening in Darius found out that Sophie's mother had taught her to play and she felt that it was her last link to her mother after a fire had decimated the house and any tangible memories of her family had been lost. Benny had been surprised at her skill as the music came back to her easily, and they rapidly progressed through all of the exercises he had brought with him for this first lesson and went onto talking and having fun with pieces she liked that he knew how to play. They had touched on the theory as well making sure she could read the music, and he showed her several sites where she could download sheet music for popular pieces from various eras.

"Honestly she doesn't need much by way of lessons, she's a natural," Benny told Darius after the two-hour lesson was done. It had surprised him that the time had flown by as he enjoyed the girl's company and her witty banter. "She lacks confidence, but that will come in time. Playing means a lot to her so she'll improve with or without my help, but I am happy to stay and take your money," he chuckled.

Darius smiled as he looked over to where Sophie sat still fiddling with the keyboard. If it took too much of her time and focus, he might have to restrict her access to the music room, but for the moment he could deal with it if it made her this happy. He would have to talk to Trent about putting designated practise time into her schedule. They had less than two weeks left at the farmhouse, and they still had a lot to accomplish.

*****

The time following the introduction of keyboard lessons flowed smoothly. Darius had taken what Sophie had said to heart and took each of the team members aside to discuss their plans and make it clear that while he made suggestions, Sophie should be given choices and allowed to voice her opinion and if there was a conflict between the two they were to come to him to discuss the issue not ignore her needs in favour of his suggestions.

Sophie found to her surprise that the team all lightened up around her after Benny's arrival. She spent her mornings working out and meeting with consultants and at least a portion of her afternoons were designated available for keyboard practice. Even the snooty stylist had relaxed and began showing her the work of different designers to understand better what she liked and why, rather than dictating what she should wear based on her body type and colouring. Lessons with the hair and makeup girls became fun as they taught her various tricks and tips her mother would have if she had been alive. Even Darius, who remained insatiable when it came to her body, attempted not to disturb her schedule as often as he had been in the previous weeks.

Margaret was the one constant that never changed. She cooked good wholesome meals with no modern fancy deconstructions or bizarre ingredients. Each time something amazing came to the table, Sophie would propose to Margaret and the woman would make an excuse that she was too busy that day and perhaps tomorrow. It became a thing for them as did the argument about Sophie cleaning up after herself if she came in for a snack.

Between the good food, the physical training and the clean lifestyle she was living, Sophie felt great. She had stamina and strength she wasn't sure she had ever possessed in her life and the exhaustion that plagued her first weeks with Darius dissipated much to Susan's relief. Susan knew better than to criticise Darius directly to Sophie, but she gave her a gentle reminder that this was just a game, a challenge for Darius and his brothers and that she needed to start thinking about her future after the year was over when she wouldn't have him in her life any more.

"Don't worry so much, Susan," Sophie had turned serious one day when Susan had delivered one of her gentle reminders. "I've been on my own since I was twelve. I know no one stays forever, and I will be fine. I knew the terms of the contract inside and out when I signed it, and even though you might not believe it, I know exactly what I am going to do with the money I earn so I am determined to make the distance. Please stop worrying about me falling apart when its all over," she said quietly. "I have plans of my own for the future."

She knew she had no future with Darius. Even if he wanted to continue the relationship, he was too self-absorbed to make it work over the long term and now that she had taken the time to think about the money she would be earning she had plans for her life, and they didn't include being someone's game piece. She wanted more, she wanted to follow her own dreams, and they didn't include a man like Darius.

She was here to play a role, much like an actress. She's been giving Darius's offer to change her name some thought. It would be easier for her if she had an alias when dealing with the Alliance and keeping to her role. She considered the possibilities and the more she thought about it, the more she liked the idea. She could be the glamorous girlfriend if she had a persona she could put on like a dress when she met the people she needed to impress. She smiled, believing this was a good idea as long as she remembered to answer to the assumed name.

*****