All Comments on '1935 Stormy Woolworth's'

by Publandlady

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Davester37Davester3710 months ago

I’m a sucker for a period story, and this one’s a good one. It’s got interesting, likable characters, a vivid, well-described setting, and a charming plot.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

IlikecreteIlikecrete10 months ago

Great old fashioned love story. Hope Jenny can go on to find anther lover or two.

Some of those pubs must be looking for a woman just like her.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nicely done and evocative of the period. One issue, though: how did she not get pregnant? Contraception was neither readily available nor very reliable at that time.

Good story, though. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

If that's how people talked and acted back in 1935, I'm glad I was born when I was. BORING! 1*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Good period piece but neither character had me cheering for them. This story should have been posted in LW, especially since the majority of their relationship centered around sex. 4.0*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is Not a Romance!

Uze2bUze2b10 months ago

Sorry this is misplaced. This is not romance. This is LW.

TeamChunksTeamChunks10 months ago

I don't quite understand why some people think this is not a Romance. Love found by one woman and love lost by two women. Your other Romance '1947 The Whirlwind Between Winters' had two loves found and two loves lost but passed largely without comment. Both centred around the sex (as do most romances) so that can't be the problem. Mills & Boon they aren't. All of your works display offbeat morals, that's what makes them different.

texlootexloo10 months ago

This was a fine story. I loved your use of the language. It felt like an artistic graphic novel in my mind.

DquiotiDquioti9 months ago

Well done, I read it in black and white!

mitchawamitchawa6 months ago

To me, this story was definitely a romance and does not fit under LW. An incredibly well-written story with characters carefully defined. Your word use was in keeping with the time period and gave the story a sense of time and place. The sex scenes were not "hot" but fit the plot perfectly. The ending was an extremely good way to end a romance that could never be more than satisfying sex between two individuals who could never be together. You have the ability to make history and geography timeless, intriguing, and not boring as one commentator suggested.

KaiHavertz_29KaiHavertz_296 months ago

I must wholeheartedly agree with Mitchawa's asessment. I absolutely loved the story and think it reflects the many romances played out in post war cinema (I smiled when I read the other commenter who said they "read it in black and white"; spot on Dquioti!!) One might think of 'Brief Encounter' if script written by Publandlady would have had Trevor Howard's doctor getting a little more than a stolen kiss or a cuppa in the Railway caff and that he might have left the scones on the plate but taken the butter with him to..ahem... smooth his passage in some dark alley, with his married lover's skirts around her waist. Having also enjoyed the brilliant 1947 tale , I now look forward to reading the other stories in her canon and hope that the author might sometime write an erotic version, and expand on the latent voyeurism hinted at in 'The Ghost & Mrs Muir'. or a Bondage themed sequel to "The 39 Steps" in which Hannay & the lovely school teacher revisit their adventures while handcuffed.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Splendid story!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPublandlady@Publandlady
There are a limited number of things I can write about sex but the addition of situation and circumstances make the possibilities infinite. My stories are mostly brief and very straight to the point. My personal favourite story is '1947 The Whirlwind Between Winters'. It wa...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES