All Comments on '2nd Best Ch. 08'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
lottie_8853lottie_8853about 4 years ago
Interesting

I am hoping she can give him another chance, but I think he needs to show her his walls are down and he can be vulnerable too.

FriskyMindFriskyMindabout 4 years ago
Maybe

There’s a chance. 10 years ago I lost the love of my life, my everything. It took several years before I could even imagine being with anyone else, and that was thinking more n a companionship/ fuck buddy level. I truly can’t imagine finding the love I had with anyone else.

It may well still be too soon for Heather, and it could never be what she had with Geoffrey, but maybe with more time to heal she could find a different kind of love with Jan.

Thanks for a different kinda D/s story

FadedIndianFadedIndianabout 4 years ago
Alternate universes

Quite simple, you write both.

1) Both finding closure in their final goodbye

and

2) Brave New Worlds

xoxo_mexoxo_meabout 4 years ago
Doms Don't Give Up

And subs never stop giving.

And with that i'll say nuff said. You are an incredible writer Tara. Without doubt you can work your magic into giving Heather and Jan their own happy ending. It won't be the Geoffrey and Heather story. Nor will it even end 2nd best. Rather, it will be their own tale of a second chance to forge their own paradise.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 4 years ago

Option 1

Strong characters. A fitting place to end it. If there is more to say you could always do a sequel later.

SueDanymSueDanymabout 4 years ago
Great story.

Speaking as a fan, I would continue. There’s still the matter of the letter from her husband waiting on the nightstand. Did he intend for Heather and Jan to have a second chance (well... fourth chance) as a couple? A loving Dom might plan ahead when crafting a care plan for his partner (sub), knowing he would precede her in death.

I agree with you in regards to a true love - nothing can replace that connection. However, some people have more than one chance at that kind of happiness. It seems incumbent upon Jan to express his true feelings without digressing into shallow sexual quips... “it was my pleasure in more than one way”. Don’t get me wrong, that sounds like something Jan would say due to his lack of emotional maturity, but it’s time to grow up and offer himself completely in exchange for long term happiness.

I do hope additional chapters are forth-coming. I love your work! SueDanym

shysub12shysub12about 4 years ago

I know I should just want to give a Heather this closure but I also enjoy reading about the male go through that change of figuring out how to have it all with the women he wants. Not through rape and not through psychological play but through truth and honesty. So I am torn as well.

IamfirehorseIamfirehorseabout 4 years ago

Of course he has to win her back!! She can put him through the wringer but ultimately they wind up together.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 4 years ago

After 8 chapters she blows him off? That said, another 8 chapters of Heather teasing Jan without sex would be worse...

bucksumgalbucksumgalabout 4 years ago
Informed Decision

We, as readers, have heard about the last 12 years of Jan's life, but she has not. She made her decision before she ever got on the ship. To end things here would be an unfair ending. They both need to make an informed decision!

Life with Jan will never be the same as life with Geoffrey. Life with Jan will not be the same as scenes with Jan.

Jan needs to tell her the lessons he has learned. He should get the chance to say what he wants in a relationship.

Heather needs to tell him the lessons she has learned. She should get the chance to say what she misses in a relationship, that she wants in her next relationship.

They both need to communicate. They both need to listen.

Things are not normal right now. There is the grief process. Heather is also going through a lot of changes right now (which she hasn't shared with anyone on the ship). She truly is starting a new chapter of her life including such basic things as a new home and such lofty things as a new purpose. Jan is also at a place in life where he realizes he has to make changes. A wild whirlwind romance would be unhealthy.

I don't think the story is over. Not sure what the great ending will be, but I think there needs to be that chance to make an informed decision by both parties.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
2

2 please loving this story need more of it they have to be together

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
2

Please finish off the story with both getting closure...….the only way for that to happen is if Jan gets his closure too. You can always have both walk away later if Jan finds he cant love her the way he should and she can find someone else that compares to her husband. There is so much that can happen before any conclusion whether it is them together always or always apart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What a cliff hanger!

Yes it could end here, an accurate observation of real life, but this is such a good story Tara that I for one would like more.

Yes I'm greedy, but you are good.

Ignore the sad little negative comments looking for instant gratification via sex scenes, they possibly reflect the commenters character and demean the quality of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
2)

I’m not always a fan of second chances... and by the sounds of it, he’s already had more than one. But I agree with the other commenters. I would like to see if Jan could step up and I think Heather deserves to feel more than lost (with or without him).

SaxonFieldsSaxonFieldsabout 4 years ago
Resolution

Deep down there's more germinating in your writer's mind. Please go on. Guide them to the magic island.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Acceptance is the true answer!

Dearest Tara Cox,

As Heather and Jan have lived, each has matured and grown. The decisions and life choices this woman and man made in their last encounters, no longer exist. Give them another chance, or two, or three. The decisions made today are for today. Live your moments. Reach forward and, occasionally, stretch back.

GG

Rud1GirlRud1Girlalmost 4 years ago

Go for Gold - give it a red hot 2nd chance

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 4 years ago

Give Jan and Heather another chance please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you for another great story!

I've recently come to like open ends more and more. I don't see this as a cliffhanger. It's a perfect point to release your characters into a life on their own. So, as much as I like your writing, you may perhaps just let the story end here. Certainly Heather and Jan will keep on living, keep on thinking, keep on feeling. Let me/your readers work out my/their own continuations.

I find Jan's reactions still rather lame and immature, despite seemingly argueing with himself/waiting/searching for a higher level of commitment for years, and especially while thinking about Heather. He certainly has earned Heather's final rebuff. Is he now capable of 'growing a pair' very, very fast, and not in the way of the session-dom he tried once again? ("And then what, Jan?") I doubt it, but perhaps it's not totally impossible.

Mmmh, let me dream about it when I go to bed, until sleep silences my imagination.

RRC2RRC2almost 4 years ago
Are those the only choices?

I don't believe in telling you how to write your stories. I love the way you write, and the slow, steady character development is delightful.

You asked if the story should stop here or should it develop. But you have left some mighty loose ends that I would like to see cleaned up, no matter what happens between Heather and Jan. Another commenter mentioned the note that can with the ticket. There is an issue of where Heather will live, since she doesn't feel the house left by the husband is comfortable for her.

And there are strong emotional issues both Heather and Jan have to face, whether they do so together or not. Whether you give Heather the ability to reach for a life after her husband, whether you give Jan the opportunity to grow up, are issues you need to decide.

Either way, keep writing.

And thanks.

chytownchytownalmost 4 years ago
End Of Story*****

Thanks for one of the best I have read on this site!!!!!! Thanks for sharing⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mike9947Mike9947almost 4 years ago
Go on

Heather’s struggle right now is not just her sexuality but also her grief. I think there is a very interesting story yet to tell.

Becoming_PeleBecoming_Peleover 3 years ago

Well, I know from your blogs that you're sort of abandoning this site, so I don't know if you'll see this feedback. I hope so, if only if and when you come back to remove stories you're finishing for submission to other sites. My feeling is that you wouldn't have brought these two back together if not for a reason: For Heather to heal and in a sense, for Jan to heal as well. The interaction should not be finished between them. Also, what about the letter that Geoffrey wrote that Heather has been reluctant to read? Could Geoffrey have planned this as a just in case, knowing about Jan? Of course he had to know about the captain and perhaps was making contingency plans for someone who might be willing and able to take care of his beloved. Your writing is wonderful, and I find myself wanting much, much more. I hope that wherever you decide to post, that you will finish this story. As it is, you have Heather in total misery and almost unable to breath in and out, and Jan seeing the one who got away refuse to even come near him. I know things in real life don't have happily ever after stamped on them, but sometimes, even in real life, amid the pain of living we learn real lessons and can find that once again we can find happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Give Ana another chance.

What a great story. It’s a story that makes you feel like you are right there watching it unfold in front of you. Great job

lsnid003lsnid003over 3 years ago

Never say never... I relate to the points she made. However, she isn’t given Jan a chance to have changed as she did. I’m hoping there is more to this story.

sweetone66sweetone66over 2 years ago

I guess we didn't ask well enough as I see you didn't come back and finish... so I will ask; please, please have her give Jan another chance. I think he has suffered enough! He knows he made a terrible mistake by hiding, and he has admitted (at least to himself) that he loves her... so please write a happy ending to this story!

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

At this point in time, I'd say, get something going between Maggie, Heather and Jan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She leaves at Bergen. She moves to a cottage near Maggie and makes new friends. She writes a fabulous novel. Then she emails Jan.

mgysos2mgysos2about 1 year ago

Heather gives Jan a chance, but this time Jan is loving as he knows what losing Heather means to him. She is the one he built his island for and they will live on it together as husband and wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

2nd Best Ch. 07 Previous Part
2nd Best Series Info