3 Crushes and a Wedding Ch. 04

Story Info
Three chocolate truffles, one tongue-untying wine bottle.
9.4k words
4.87
6k
11

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 11/24/2023
Created 05/29/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bi_cathy
bi_cathy
1,087 Followers

Author's note: We're back with the fourth installment of Zoe's interesting weekend with her three past crushes. If you haven't read the first three chapters, you won't understand much of what is happening here, so go on, read that first, then come back. I'll be waiting.

In this fourth part, things slow down a bit. I didn't choose that, the characters decided it for me, so I followed them. I hope you forgive them this innocent moment. The story still has some spicy encounters, but those will come in future chapters ;)

Reminder: All of my stories leave something for the imagination. I don't want you to delve into a multi-chapter story expecting sex scenes in the traditional sense only to be disappointed. But if you appreciate the journey towards sex, with all its naughtiness and explicit moments, then I hope you'll enjoy the characters and their evolution here.

Disclaimer: Although not stated explicitly, all characters engaging in any sexual activity are above 18.

******

I had just finished my shower and was getting ready for bed when I heard a knock on my hotel room door. I glanced at the bedside clock. 1AM.

My heart began thumping in my chest. It could be a mistake, sure, but what were the odds? It could be Kay too, but we'd had a brief talk before I headed up to my room and she knew I was wiped.

If not Kay, then who would it be among my three crushes? Valentina was here with her husband, and despite our kiss the night before and our teasing chat followed by her titillating vodka display with her bikini top during the party, there was nothing between us beyond some fun flirting that served her ego more than it did mine. She wouldn't sneak away and be here now.

I doubted it was Megan either. We hadn't had a real talk yet and I had the nagging feeling of things being left unsaid between us, but she didn't strike me as someone who took rash decisions and visited people in their hotel bedrooms at one in the morning. Besides, it seemed like things between us were at a standstill after our brief piano encounter.

That left Scarlett. We had shared some of the most intense moments between the sauna, the jacuzzi, and the ladies room, but that was it. We both knew we couldn't and shouldn't go further. Unless she'd changed her mind that is.

I braced myself as I slightly opened the door and took a peek. The first thing I saw were shiny green eyes. Megan. My heart bounced with happiness. Things weren't that broken between us after all. And even if she weren't the type to visit people in their hotel bedrooms past midnight, she'd clearly made an exception for me.

She smiled shyly. "I grabbed a few chocolate truffles and snuck a nearly full bottle of rosé from the bar," she stretched her hands to show me the goodies, "but they're too much for me and I was wondering if you wanna share." Her voice sounded even raspier after the exhausting day we'd had.

"I wouldn't say no to truffles and wine." I grinned. I wouldn't say no to her, even if she came empty-handed. "Come on in," I took a step to the side.

She hesitated and glanced at the visible part of the room. "Are you alone? I'm not interrupting something?"

"What would you be interrupting?"

"I don't know..." She evaded my eyes. "Sure seems like a lot of people are interested in you around here."

"People?!" I loved seeing this shy and insecure side of her.

"Hyperactive Kay," (I had to hold a giggle) "the handsy one that follows you everywhere," (Oh so Scarlett's moves didn't go unnoticed), "and the latin MILF." I nearly lost it at the MILF description. Quite fitting of Valentina. But I was more surprised to hear her admit, even if indirectly, to observing me throughout the day. And was that a hint of jealousy I detected?

"Oh, them, we're just getting started with our orgy, wanna join?" I kept a straight face for a second. She looked distraught until I chuckled and she joined me, her ringing laugh directed at no one but me. Be still, my heart.

"I didn't... didn't mean," she stuttered.

As much I liked torturing her, I had to put an end to it. "Come on in, Megan. I'm alone and I'm very interested in a sweet taste."

Oh shit, did I just say that out loud? She was already across the door when she snapped her head back, throwing her semi-dry hair and a whiff of her citrusy shampoo in my direction.

"The truffles," I pointed at her hand and smiled.

"Oh... yeah." Her red cheeks were adorable.

In any other circumstance, I would've immediately recognized this for what it was: a booty call. But here, with Megan, I just didn't know. After all our brief talks, and especially after that piano moment, I just felt defeated and hopeless about us. But seeing her make the move and come to my room changed the equation again.

Still, I couldn't let myself believe there was more to this; the disappointment would be too much. Maybe she really just wanted to catch up as friends, or maybe she was feeling lonely and bored after spending so much time with strangers. Plus, I hadn't yet figured out if she was married or partnered up, or if she was interested in women in general, or me in particular. So many unknowns that this chat could clarify.

I went to grab the two wine glasses provided by the hotel and tried to stay level-headed.

"I see you still like Minnie Mouse," she grinned.

Huh?! I quickly looked around the room then focused down on my pajamas -- a loose t-shirt with a large Minnie drawing and a tiny short with tons of little Minnie silhouettes. Oh shit.

"I wasn't expecting company. I'll get changed."

"Don't." She grabbed my hand and electricity shot through me. "It's cute." Her green eyes held my gaze, I felt my knees weaken. "Besides, it's not like I'm dressed any better."

I'd been so mesmerized by her face and eyes that I hadn't yet noticed what she was wearing. I took in her nondescript white t-shirt and black shorts, which showed off her perfect legs. She looked gorgeous. It was utterly unfair how she made the most plain clothing seem like designer fashion.

"You're fine." I resisted the urge to draw on that 'fine' and spill my true intentions.

"So are you." She let go of my hand. My skin still burned where she'd touched me. She reached out for the wine glasses and looked around. "Outdoor?"

Since the room only offered a queen-size bed and one armchair, the lanai and its table with two big comfy chairs was our only option. For now. I nodded. I followed her outside, while glancing down at my pajamas and mentally slapping myself for not having sexier nightwear on, or sexier underwear beneath that, should the occasion to undress present itself.

"Wait, what do you mean still like Minnie?"

"You had a Minnie PJ back then too." She started filling up the wine glasses; I stopped dead in my tracks.

"But you never saw... Oh... Oh..." It was slowly coming back to me. "Oh God!" I slapped my hand on my mouth and stifled a nervous giggle. She kept pouring the wine but cocked an eyebrow and smiled cheekily. "It was the night of mom's annual office party. You came to our apartment instead of us going to yours like we often did."

She nodded. "You remember."

"I wish I didn't. That was so embarrassing. I woke up past midnight and walked to the kitchen for a glass of water... and..."

"...and you dropped it on the floor when you saw me, then hit your head on the counter while we were cleaning it up."

"First up, I assumed mom was back so I didn't expect you to still be there. Plus, all the lights were off in the living room and you startled me when you moved. Second," I paused briefly, suddenly recalling why I'd hit my head while we were cleaning. She had rushed to help me and there was that brief moment when we were bent over so close to each other and she held my hand, checking if I'd injured myself. Our eyes had met and it felt like she was going to kiss me, but I yanked my head away in apprehension and slammed it against the cabinet and counter. With the memory resurfacing, I stared at her green eyes, looking for and fearing her recollection of the same events. She didn't flinch. "Second," I repeated, "I was still shaken and didn't see the counter in the dark."

"Oh, that's why..." She handed me both a cryptic smile and my wine glass. "Here, try not to drop this one."

"Ha, hilarious." I took the glass and clinked it to hers while trying to decipher any hints in her eyes. Nothing.

"I still find it awkward to see you drinking." She chuckled. "My first instinct is to take that wine away from you, then I remind myself you're not a teenager anymore." Her eyes quickly scanned a few key areas of my body before landing back on my face. Silly PJ!

Nothing good could come from her viewing me as my adolescent self. I had to immediately reframe her perception, so I looked down at my chest and smirked, "I think the two maxis under my Minnie are good proof I'm all grown up."

The world play was so brilliant, I mentally high-fived myself.

She choked a little on her wine as her eyes landed straight where I wanted them to be. "For sure." A second or two elapsed then she snapped out of it and fell into one of the chairs.

We sat down and contemplated the dark sea for a while. The branches of a nearby, tall palm tree swung around with the wind. The air smelled of coconut, mangoes, sea salt, and other exotic perfumes mixed together, plus a tiny hint of citrus coming from her hair. This felt good, calming even. What was it about Megan that made everything just a little bit inherently better?

I could've gone my whole life without seeing Valentina or Scarlett again, even if that meant not having any proper closure with them. Not Megan though. Prior to this weekend, I had begged God and the universe for a chance to meet her once more, for a few moments with her so I could either convince myself that I had been delusional about us or convince her that she needed to stay in my life forever. Now, here she was, in my room, two feet away from me. And here we were, sipping wine together, smiling, our chemistry nearly intact despite all the time that had elapsed, despite the lives we'd lived apart, despite the growing up we'd had to do. Unbelievable.

I slowly understood how mistaken I'd been earlier in the night. I had thought I was over all three of my crushes, I had believed I'd turned a page and could start anew. None of that was true. I had associated Megan with Valentina and Scarlett because of the similarities and chronology in those stories. That wasn't true either. She had never been anything like them. I didn't need closure with her, I wasn't over her, would never be or want to be. She was the one. And no matter how far or fast I tried to run away, I'd always compare everyone to her, and they'd always lose.

"I completely forgot about that night," I said, without looking at her. I really had. Given how much I had obsessed and fantasized about her over the years, it was incomprehensible how I'd erased that almost-kiss moment from my conscious thoughts. Was I ashamed, confused, afraid, or protecting myself? So many interpretations, none of them good enough.

"Doesn't surprise me. That PJ alone was reason enough to bury the memory." She smirked. Was there another reason?

"Oh come on, it was cute!" The PJ, and our intimate moment until I ruined it by yanking my head away.

"It was too much," she rolled her eyes. I pursed my lips and looked at her, confused. Was that another innuendo or was my subconscious playing mind games with me? "What? It was bedazzled all over!" She chuckled and I frowned further. "You looked like an alien when you walked in the living room. That's why I jumped up. There wasn't a single inch in that PJ that didn't have some shiny bead or stud or rhinestone!"

"Hey, that was fashionable back then."

She shook her head. "Uh-uh. Don't blame that atrocity on fashion!"

"That's super offensive. I had killer clothing taste at sixteen-seventeen."

"Oh, so that's why you didn't change a thing," she teased while looking me over from head to toe then focusing on the large Minnie drawing on my chest, again. Oh the sarcasm. But also, hook, line, and sinker!

I flashed back to that same once-over she'd given me a few hours earlier, by the pool bar, and decided to use that joker. "I thought you appreciated my swimsuit choice tonight." I winked triumphantly. "I can change back into it if you prefer."

She laughed nervously, then reached for her wine glass and took a sip, bringing our teasing exchange to another standstill. After a few seconds, she solemnly said, "You looked great," while glancing at me, and relaxed in her chair.

She put her feet up on the railing, bringing further into my field of view her slightly tanned skin and mouth-watering thighs and calves. I tried not to look at them, but my self-control glided over her smooth legs, took the ramp towards her manicured toes, and jumped over the lanai's railing into the void. I clenched my thighs tighter and took a deep breath.

Once more, our discussion had crescendo'ed and reached that near-brink but suddenly halted. How many more times could we hit the brakes before it was too late? How much longer could we delay the inevitable? There was bound to be a point where we'd take that leap of faith together and see what awaited us, but for now, I honored her retreat. Soon, hopefully, I'd find the courage to push us both into the abyss.

I followed her lead, relaxed in my chair, and raised my feet. My legs weren't as smooth or as toned as hers, but two could play that game.

She snuck a glance at me then cleared her throat. "How is your mom? And Jeff?"

"Great, both of them. Jeff got married."

"No! No way. Little Jeff who couldn't sit still for two seconds is married now? He was, what, ten when I last saw him?" She seemed both shocked and happy.

"Yeah. He's twenty four now, and a family man."

"I just can't picture it. Jeff, a grown-up, with responsibilities."

"Here, let me show you." I grabbed my phone and opened the gallery then started scrolling through the pics and albums to get to the Christmas ones. "He moved to the suburbs and mom went to live with him. She helps with the baby while he and his wife are at work."

"He has a baby?!" She grinned as she spotted his little girl in the pic and took my phone to have a closer look. "Oh, he has a baby!" She stared at the screen for a bit, her cute dimples shining with the screen's glow, then stretched her hand to give it back to me.

"It's OK, you can flip through the pics."

"You sure? I don't want to intrude."

"No worries. My personal nudes and porn collections are in another folder." I smirked; she was briefly horrified.

For a few minutes, she swiped through the photos and commented about how much Jeff had grown up, how adorable his baby girl was, and how happy he looked with his family. Then she reached the pics where he was hugging my mom and slowed down a little.

"She looks older but in great shape." I nodded. "You know, she was like a mother figure to me too." It hadn't even occurred to me. "She trusted me to be an adult around you and Jeff and take care of you, well, mostly just him, when she wasn't around, but at the same time, she took care of me like I was her own child." A tinge of nostalgia made her voice more irresistible. "She cooked for me all the time, helped me get back on my feet that one time I got a week-long horrible flu and even took care of Buttons' vet appointment so I didn't miss it. And she was always there to listen when I had a problem."

The display's soft glow revealed to me her glistening eyes. I hadn't paid much attention to her relationship with my mom because I'd been too focused on my own life, but thinking back now, I could remember all those little details. And they all sounded exactly like my mom.

"She liked you a lot. She and Jeff were heartbroken when you left." I was too, but I didn't say it. I waited for her to ask, she didn't. "They'll be over the moon when I tell them I saw you here."

"Oh, oh, oh, we must video call them tomorrow!" She sounded absolutely giddy about the idea.

"Yes! They'll love it."

"You think they'll recognize me?"

"I'm sure they will, or at least mom." She furrowed her brows. "You look exactly the same, save for the hair."

She blushed and combed her now drying curls with her fingers. The way her arms tensed then relaxed made my mouth dry. "Blondes get such a bad rep, I thought I'd try being a brunette for a bit. I'm not sure I like it." A few extra combs of her hair spread more of its fresh citrus scent around us.

I took the opportunity to really admire her. She looked older, certainly, but was still heart-stopping. The blonde locks used to frame her face better, though. "You're gorgeous either way."

"But...?"

She'd caught my hesitation, as always, as ever. "But I prefer the natural, dark blonde look."

"That's it, I'm going to the hairdresser the moment we land!"

She grinned and brought her attention back to my phone and the family Christmas pics. I was in a few of them and I noticed her stop and examine those a little longer. Maybe trying to decipher if I had a partner or spouse around me? Ugh, why did I have to be so hopeful?

When she was done, she handed me back my phone. Our fingers brushed and we locked eyes as I took it back. She seemed hesitant. My thoughts tumbled in my head, but an internal voice emerged louder than them all, cheering her on: 'Come on, Megan, you came to my room, we're making progress, just ask me the question.'

"There's no one with you in those pics."

There were go. "No." That wasn't a question. If she wanted more info, she was going to have to actually ask for it. I picked up my wine glass and took a sip, waiting for her to get the courage to continue.

"I thought you'd gotten engaged."

What? How had she known? I tried to remain calm and hide my confusion. "I did. A couple of years ago. Didn't work out."

"I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. He was a good friend, still is actually, but we weren't going to last. He got a killer job offer in Melbourne so we parted ways."

She nodded absentmindedly. That still didn't tell me exactly how she knew that part about my life. Had she looked me up online? Did Em or Kay mention it at some point during the weekend? But why would they bring that up? No, that made no sense.

Nothing better than asking. "How did you find out?" I did my best to sound nonchalant.

"You sent me a LinkedIn message a few years ago."

Huh? Now? She was bringing that up now?!

I hadn't written Megan poems, at least not explicitly like with Valentina. I never told her in person how I felt, like I did with Scarlett later. I remained silent, thinking I had more time with her, to grow and learn and perhaps understand my feelings better. When she left, I regretted never speaking up. I scoured the internet for years, searching for her on MySpace, then Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn... nothing. Every time a social network popped up, I looked up her name to no avail. Then one day I found her on LinkedIn. It took me two days to muster the courage to message her. I told her how important her role was in my life, thanked her, without mentioning any emotional connection per se, and then I waited. No reply ever came.

I thought she'd never seen that message, or worse, she'd seen and ignored it. She was finally acknowledging it now, all these years later, but I still didn't understand the link between that and my engagement. Or why she didn't reply back.

Her smile darkened and her tone lowered. "I don't like social media, but a friend insisted I make a LinkedIn profile for my online career. I opened an account and forgot about it, then only checked it a year or so later, and that's when I saw your message. I was so excited when I saw it, then I noticed you'd sent it eleven months earlier."

bi_cathy
bi_cathy
1,087 Followers