All Comments on '33 Years Is a Lifetime'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
MGM I always enjoy....

....your story telling but this one was a bit off it seemed and what up with the double printing.(How did it get past lit,with the 6 pages accounted for but no-one saw it was same story?)-pistolpackinconfusedpete (maybe "real World" can explain,he's so much smarter than me!

magmamanmagmamanover 14 years agoAuthor
This is ODD...???

Hmmmm. Not sure what happened, I posted 3 pages but ended up with 6, looks like somone at LIT butterfingered? Things like this have happened before, I have had other's stories posted under my user ID so who knows?

Sorry, it does mess it up and make it hard to try and follow.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
It was nice to read most of the story twice

...but that's OK.

It was heart-warming and left a good feeling inside.

A very good read.

Thank you,

Norman

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What a fucking boring man character

whatever woman who could stand a man character of this stupid and BORING needs to be put in a mental institution.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
The story is the thing!

and not the character of the protagonist. I did enjoy it, the first time through.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great as always!

Your stories are Great as always! I didn't like reading it twice. HEY! maybe lit should award you double points for their mistake? 'A'

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
nice tearjerker

time to fuck them both.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Loved it!

Absolutely beautiful - a true refection of life & the mistakes we sometimes get to correct....

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 14 years ago
Another 4.0!

LOved IT! Sometimes we can go HOME!

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Outstanding story!

Not four but FIVE STARS, and, while you can't go home again, would it not be heaven if you could? I loved your story. Thanks for another fine read.

gcg41gcg41about 13 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed reading the whole thing. Keep writing.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Nice

Shit happens. I guess we all mess up when we are young. I have spent a lifetime picking the wrong women. Sure wish one could go back. Although I have known men who did go back and get with an old love of yesteryear. One always wonders...

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Written with feeling

Very touching story. I think many of us, if we are honest with ourselves, have that special someone in our long ago past, that has caused us to wonder, 'What if...'

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
the real good thing about this story

is the cheating fucking cunt got cancer and the guy she cheated with beat the shit out of her and was a drunk. now she only has one tit - payback is a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Dude, seek help..

cantbuymy, you have some really anger management/rage issues towards women. Get into therapy before you end up on Investigation Discovery for being a serial killer.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Holy shit???

Cantbuymy what the fuck?? Where do get the idea that Sarah cheated - EVER - reread the story - Dan walk away from her and she took up with a new guy that she then married get a fucking grip -

The story was so painful - maybe it did let them all finish up happy - but what a road for all 3 - what an imagination MGM

DarlaJeanneDarlaJeannealmost 12 years ago
Someone has anger issues!!!

He cheated on her....never wish cancer on anyone i have had Breast Cancer my life forever changed...i did nothing to "deserve it"

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
He was

such a stupid, stupid fool, wasn't he? The miserable things he put that poor woman through because of it. What a shame.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
cantbuymy has his points.

For all those having issues with cantbuymy's points well he has his views and his entitled to it. If a man wants revenge on a woman all the cucks see him as someone whose heartless. If a woman takes revenge on a man then people say the bastard deserved it for cheating. Why not have equal rules? Why do cucks out here feel so insecure if a man just tries to be a man? A normal man wont have issues with a woman, he will have issues with a woman who cheats. There is a difference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
33 years if a Lifetime

One of the best stories I have read though I have anticipated the re-union of the first affair after such a long time . But I had expected the child to be the result of their affair which was decided to be not so by the author. All the same a good story well narrated.

Gulshanray

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 11 years ago
re: cantbuymy

It may be his opionion but it's based on a flaw. The flaw is, his reading comprehension is poor. The guy cheated, she moved on. Just because he had her doesn't mean she is his in perpetuity, no matter what he does with her.

Loved the story. I thought Dana was going to be Dan's. I'm glad there was no potential incest. I thought that's where this was gonna go. Glad I was wrong.

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
Great story.... and liked

Dan getting his karma. He had led on Sarah, encouraged her parents to think he was going to marry her and dumped her without a thought for the "Penny" bitch, and still let his little head do the think 33 years later. With all his resources, why couldn't he check Penny's background right when she re-appeared ?

Even after his 33 years of loveless marriage collapsed, he didn't think of finding about Sarah who he treated cruelly. Dan was pretty selfish though he redeemed himself a bit at the end. Not sure how this story was a romance.

I liked the story, characterization and writing a lot.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Somehow I Knew

All along I had the feeling he was going to wind up with Sarah. I seems everyone involved made bad decisions in this tale. I guess you could call it a happy ending but there was a lot of misery involved in between. Decent read anyway.

risingthunderboltrisingthunderboltover 10 years ago
Nice story

Thankgod it has a different plot.I liked that there were mistakes .thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice one

Well-rounded and complete.

Thank you

HP

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
yeah

Just a shame he allowed the little head to think for the big head. For 33 years the woman who had truly loved him was out of his life. These happy reunions happen maybe once in a million times. More food for thought in this story than one might think.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 8 years ago
Like able read

It was worth the time reading! I don't recall have ever read it before but I am pleased I did now. Good job please keep writing and I will keep reading! I have been reading most of your stories. So I do read them when I see them already.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 7 years ago
'Twere a long,long road

that finally came the end as the fates intended. Loved it.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
Good story, I liked it a lot.

If you ever want to write a romantic sequel you could give Sarah cancer again and after a decent interval he and Dana could get romantically involved.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
JUST THINK HOW MUCH SHIT ONE HAS TO DIGEST

to reach a certain level in life. TK U MLJ LV NV

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 6 years ago
Agree with Bfreetorun comment

Good story as usual but if you do decide to do another chapter that's one good way you could go.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story

A very entertaining read. It sure took him a while to realize which one was the good one.

RanDog025RanDog025about 4 years ago
A GOOD 5 STAR STORY

GLAD THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER!

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

32 years, really, pretty long time to reconnect that way. Especially Sarah considering the way he dumped her. Can’t see it myself.

Grimjack01Grimjack01almost 4 years ago
Umm damn just well damn

This was an excellent story, well told and written. I thank you for sharing it.

shopratshopratover 3 years ago

Nice story. He got a second chance he didn't really deserve and made the most of it.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Nice... very nice! Glad he saw the red flags with Patty. Sarah is a forever girl... better late than never. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A good well written story.A nice real life story. But you left plausibility a wee bit with the ending. The ending! says it's submitted in the wrong category. Should be under Fairy Tales. Realistically! reconciliation after 30+ years??? That's dreaming at best for even trying to pass that off. But 'comments' is meant to be about your writing and story,so still full marks as you accomplished that....JZK

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Just a little bit to sweet for me

Rocky62Rocky622 months ago

Dont see why he dumped her for slutty Patty anyways. Sarah cooked topless in panties, guess hez nutz

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2703 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...