All Comments on '48 Hours on Blue Bayou Pt. 30: Julie'

by Carole99

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what is the jumping bat?

???

HIS WEINER?

Carole99Carole99over 7 years agoAuthor
Jumping bat

"Anton is the thin blond man. You will note that Anton's crop is a bit shorter and has a larger than usual leather flapper. Actually, this is really a jumping bat and it is used to tap the horse's shoulder as a signal to teach, remind, or encourage the horse to properly 'tuck' its front end in a jump."

Carole99Carole99over 7 years agoAuthor
The Jumping Bat

is the shortest of the crops used for horses. As described, it communicates between the rider and his/her mount, reminiding the horse to tuck his/her front legs when soaring over a barrier.

--J Spe

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 7 years ago
Always a fiver!

Again, I loved this episode very much and there's five stars to give account of that.

As to your question: I assume that apart from the fifth Russian and Pat's involvement everything is planned by the Empress, Master Martin and Pat herself. Our slaves will just have to wear out the bear or bear it.

Carole99Carole99over 7 years agoAuthor
For Cindy1001:

Wear out the bear or bear it?

That's the kind of pun I'd only expect from me!

-- J Spe

PandaPensifPandaPensifover 7 years ago
Interesting

I found this épisode very entertaining. I was waiting a plane at the airport and It made the time go quicker !

I just would correct the title, that should have been "Le cirques des esclaves" or "les esclaves font leur cirque", there is a double meaning in the second form ;)

About your question, I think all of this is under the Empress survey, so even if it does not go as pat has thought, Martin and the Empress will still be able to control what is happening. What's more, the former Opera's boss has not been involved yet and Martin said that he would, and wouldn't at the same time, or perhaps depending on the way the events go.

Carole99Carole99over 7 years agoAuthor
Dear Panda

You are correct. One of our editors brought the language issue up. I replied to him that we had a French fan who might notice. Here you are!

The phrase is a loose play on Cirque du Soleil. I said to the editor that if anyone commented, I would reply: Congratulations on your linguistic perspicacity! You have found one of two philological profundications in the story.

Thanks for your attention to detail! Can you forgive us?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous