All Comments on '48 Hours on Blue Bayou Pt. 51: Julie'

by Carole99

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
JpmaggersJpmaggersalmost 3 years ago

What a long and interesting journey, it feels odd to see it finally come to an end. I'm glad that Julie and Niamh both had happy endings after all this time. Especially for Julie I hope she manages to settle down with Igor, even if she is still his slave. That's the impression I gleaned from the English town where all the wealthy men Igor met had their own slaves at least :)

Always a wonderful read, good luck with your future endeavors ^_^

5/5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story immensely. I’ve come back frequently to read what happens to Julie, perhaps the most interesting of all of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

you're a good writer, but this story should have been moved to BDSM a long time ago, ever since Julie accepted her oppression instead of finally getting free. I HATE slavery, its idea, attempts to justify it, etc., with a burning passion, so my favorite stories are those where enslavers get their comeuppance, and that's something I never got here. To each their own, but this is essentially not presented as nonconsent for a while now...

Carole99Carole99almost 3 years agoAuthor

As you can imagine, none of the 3 co-authors of this series condones kidnapping and slavery. Thank you for reading our fictional fantasy series.

As to the classification— Each of the women in this series, Julie, Niamh, Autumn and the rest— would be living very different lives if they hadn't run into evil men. The fact that some of them decided that their best option was to accept their situation and make the best of it doesn't make it consent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I first want to say that I enjoyed this story all the way through. However I would have liked it to end with Martin and his crew and particularly Igar as to have been arrested and put away for the rest of their lives. Yes, Lit is about fantasy, however real life is just out there too and what these people have done to innocent people should be justly rewarded. Yes, maybe we are all pervs but for those who dont know the difference between fantasy and reality an appropriate end would send a message.

Carole99Carole99almost 3 years agoAuthor

I never imagined, in 2014, this series going past the original 5 women. Thank you! I also didn't envision enlisting 2 coauthors, J Spe and Taliesin, who would extend the tale to 51 parts. As Gus said to Capt Call, "It's been quite a party, Woodrow."

C

Writer2000Writer2000almost 3 years ago

A superb well written erotic fantasy about slavery. I have followed the intricacies of this story with great interest. I like the 'everyone lived happily ever after' ending. It was a nice elegant way to bring it to a close. Well done guys!

OneMoreStoryPleaseOneMoreStoryPleasealmost 2 years ago

It seems that the characters almost condone fully what is happening to them. Being submissive sexually has little to do with wanting to actually be a slave, a concubine or high class prostitute. The problem with the "victims" is that they not only passive but unquestioning (even basic questions) , lack zest for life and in the end seem glad they were kidnapped, robbed of freedom and a free will and of their families and professions and actual wants. It makes no sense , since, they are lightly trained to behave in such a servile fashion, not shocked into it or brainwashed by adaptive behavior.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 1 year ago

And so the saga ends ... It's a point that all good things must come to and this story certainly has been amazing. It is a token of the craftmanship of the three authors that they turned the basically reprehensible instution of slavery into a lovable collection of warm characters with whom you can identify, intelligent thought and a brilliantly lucid style. It will have been quite a journey for you as well and I am glad that it has been a party.

It seems a bit hasty, sometimes (the reunion of Niamh and her mother over i the wink of an eye).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous